Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » 105 Children burried alive in Freak Indian Ritual

Author Topic: 105 Children burried alive in Freak Indian Ritual
Susan
Advanced Member
Member # 131

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Susan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This brought me to tears.
Demons will stop at nothing!

God help those people. Deliver them from evil.
Please protect the children,Lord.
This hurts my heart so much. I look at my own young child and wonder how anyone can do such a thing, Lord, where maternal and paternal instinct should prevent them from doing such a dasterdly, hanious crimes.

Jesus come!

Posts: 141 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 20 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
web page

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan (PNS) August 22, 2002 - In a freak Hindu Indian ritual at a temple 105 female children were burried alive shockingly while their parents and state Minister, C Durairaj, who was also the 'chief guest' looked on. The incident happened in Perayur Village 46 kilometers from Madurai, it was reported by Indian Express.

In this horrifying ordeal, the children were first burned alive to make them unconcious and then buried alive in a grave and fully covered for 60 seconds and then pulled out in an unconcious state. The ritual starts with family members sprinkle ash on child's head and then turmeric water to make them fall unconcious. If for some reason child doesn't fall unconcious then the parents are fined one thousand rupees. Once the child is unconcious, a yellow cloth is wrapped and the child is buried alive while parents break a coconut and offer prayers. The end of the prayers, the priest signals the grave to be dug and child taken out.

This Indian ritual is called "Kuzhi maatru thiruvizha" or the "festival of pits" is observed every five to seven years in India village Perayur apparently to propitiate two female deities. All villagers participate in this ritual in the hope 'burying their children alive will make their wishes come true.

C.Durairaj, Tamil Nadu's minister for Housing and Urban Development, who was guest of honour at the ritual in Perayur, told The Indian Express: "I went there and witnessed the festival on the invitation of the community which organised it. I've nothing more to say."

Only pre-pubescent girls are chosen for this ritual but there is no restriction for the boys. Children as young a four years old are chosen for burning and burrying alive in this bizzare Indian ritual.

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement