Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Pope Entrusts His Mission to Mary"

Author Topic: Pope Entrusts His Mission to Mary"
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your question are a blessing to us too Ray, because they encourage us to think and to stusy ans to seek God's face. That is what the Body is all about!
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ray
Advanced Member
Member # 264

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ray     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is what I want. More knowledge of what the Catholic thinking is because it definitely does not coincide with what the Free Luthran church I attend teaches and I now have a brother-in-law who is Catholic but coming over to our thinking of the truth in Jesus.

Thank to all for your insights on the many ?'s I have.

Ray

Posts: 22 | From: minnesota | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Susan
Advanced Member
Member # 131

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Susan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope ya'll didn't think I agree on Catholicism when I said I love Mary as well. I love Moses, and Arron and Paul and All God's people before us. But I don't pray to them!

I was only curious where the catholics get their information to lead them to pray to Mary.
I know we are to pray to God through Jesus Christ.

I would like to know more about catholicsm so when /if I come into conversation with them, I will know what they are thinking and can talk responsibly and with knowledge.

Posts: 141 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 16 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen and thanks Linda..

That should help Ray, if you need more information feel free to ask..

[Smile]

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't be confused Ray the Bible is clear Jesus said when you pray pray like this:
Luke 11:2 And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven , Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.
3 Give us day by day our daily bread.
4 And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.

We pray to the Father in the name of Christ, by whose blood shed we are able to go Boldly before the throne of God.

Jesus prays for us:

John 17:9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

The RCC subscribes to the idea that since mary was Christ mother she is better able to intercede for us. This is simply NOT BIBLICAL.

They pervert this scripture to justify their unbiblical adoration of Mary.

Luke 1:42 And she spake out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ray
Advanced Member
Member # 264

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ray     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why is there pray to Mary? Shouldn,t all prayer be directed to the Lord Jesus Christ/God? I am confused!!!
Posts: 22 | From: minnesota | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 15 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen:

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen!

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Father God in the name of Jesus hear our prayers for the many who are lost and deceived in this horrible cult that calls itself the church.

Forgive us for 1500 years of silence and cowardness that has allowed this horrible beast to grow and take the souls of so many.

Open the eyes of the blind Lord. Millions are lost and without hope. Open their eyes; let them see the truth and hear the Only Name by which the viel is rent. The only name by which we can call you Abba Father, the Only name that can give us shalom, security, health, and wholeness. The Name of Jesus.

Give us strength and courage to speak the Truth that is Christ without compromise that those who might hear will hear, Lord before it is too late.

Lord open the eyes of those who water down the Gospel through compromise and plurality, for they spew their false truth at the expense of these souls who are lost in a lie from the father of lies.

Raise up a remnant Lord that will be Bold to confront the lies and the cults and will not cower under political pressure and will not desire to please men with itching ears but will desire to please you the One and Only Holy Father Jehovah God ALL Might Creator of Heaven and Earth.

In Jesus Name we pray,
Amen

Susan
Advanced Member
Member # 131

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Susan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This brings me to ask a question I always wondered about. Why do catholics worship Mary?
What Biblical basis do they have?
I love Mary the mother of Christ as well. But I would never worship her because I have not found any biblical proof that I should. My Bible says to worship only God.

Can someone explain please?

Posts: 141 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pope Entrusts His Mission to Mary
At a Shrine He's Known Since Boyhood

KRAKOW, Poland, AUG. 19, 2002 (Zenit.org).- John Paul II entrusted to the Virgin Mary the fulfillment of his mission to the end, as he celebrated Mass in one of the shrines most important in his life.

Kalwaria Zebrzydowska, located 50 kilometers (31 miles) from Krakow, was the pilgrimage center Karol Wojtyla frequented as a child with his father. He also went there as archbishop of Krakow, when faced with difficult decisions.

"Most Holy Mother," he prayed at the end of his homily today, "Our Lady of Calvary, obtain also for me strength in body and spirit, that I may carry out to the end the mission given me by the risen Lord."

The Latin phrase ("All thine") -- the motto of John Paul II's pontificate -- was inspired by the words of French theologian St. Louis-Marie Grignon de Montfort (1673-1716).

The Holy Father was visibly moved. Before the Mass, in the presence of 500 people who crowded the church, he was profoundly recollected in prayer before an image of the Blessed Virgin. About 20,000 people followed the event from the square next to the shrine.

Karol Wojtyla came to this church as a boy, accompanied by his father, one year after his mother's death. He last visited the shrine in 1979, during his first visit to Poland as Pope.

In his prayer, the Holy Father also entrusted to Mary "the needs of the poor and the suffering." He asked the Mother of God to "enable the unemployed to find an employer," adding "help those who are poverty-stricken to find a home. Grant families the love which makes it possible to surmount all difficulties. Show young people a way and a horizon for the future."

"Cover children with the mantle of your protection, lest they be scandalized," John Paul II continued.

"Confirm religious communities with the grace of faith, hope and love. Grant that priests may follow in the footsteps of your Son by offering their lives each day for the sheep. Obtain for bishops the light of the Holy Spirit, so that they may guide this Church to the gates of your Son's Kingdom by a single, straight path," the Holy Father added.

At the end of John Paul II's prayer, prolonged applause broke out in the church and in the surrounding area.

Following the Mass, the Pope lunched with the community of Friars Minor, also known as Bernardines, who oversee the Kalwaria Zebrzydowska Shrine.

The Pope left Poland this afternoon, ending the 98th international pilgrimage of his pontificate.

http://www.zenit.org/english/visualizza.phtml?sid=24273

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement