Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » 'Thou Shalt Not Post This on Public Property' -

Author Topic: 'Thou Shalt Not Post This on Public Property' -
Susan
Advanced Member
Member # 131

Icon 20 posted      Profile for Susan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, that will be very interesting. Nothing surprises me anymore.

I have a child starting Kindergarten Monday. You can be sure I will be visiting there often so as too watch what she is being taught. I better not even hear Harry Potter name!

I am concidering a Christian school but....

Hmmm. Back to Ten Commandments, wonder what would happen if I had the Ten Commmandments on MY house. I shutter to think.

Posts: 141 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, [Kiss]

This is crazy, but its just the very beginning,
satan rules this world... [mad2]

I believe the walls in the Capital Building has the TEN COMMANDMENTS engraved right on them,

wonder how they will get rid of them there?

Oh yes they are written in Hebrew and Moses himself is holding them [thumbsup]

[Laugh]

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Susan
Advanced Member
Member # 131

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Susan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's becoming an epidemic!

Last night I posted on a Chihuahua dog message board. Someone asked why the world was getting so nasty. I said " The bible even talks about that." That all I said. You would not beleive the horror that followed. I was called filthy names, called a religious zealot, Told I am childish and uncaring about others feelings and told I offended many people there.

The posts were deleted. I just couldnt beleive it! People truly want Our Loving Father out the the picture completely. How His heart must break.

Posts: 141 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 2 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'Thou Shalt Not Post This on Public Property' -- Commandment #11?

By Rusty Pugh
August 15, 2002

(AgapePress) - The biblical canons upon which the American justice system is based continue to take a beating, particularly when it comes to displays on public property.

A homeless man in Texas says he does not like a monument bearing the Ten Commandments being displayed on the state capitol grounds, so he is suing to have it removed. For 41 years, the five-foot-tall monument has stood near the State Capitol in Austin. But Thomas Van Orden, a former lawyer who is now homeless, has filed a lawsuit claiming the monument is an endorsement of Judeo-Christian beliefs.

Brian Fahling
Brian Fahling is a constitutional expert with the American Family Association Center for Law & Policy. He says it is unfortunate, but Orden may have jurisprudence on his side.

"One person who comes into contact with the religious material -- in this case, the Ten Commandments -- [has] what is called 'standing under the law' to complain," Fahling explains. "We have seen recently a number of court decisions where the posting of the Ten Commandments, either in the form of monuments or on the walls, has led to successful litigation by people just like this individual in Texas."

The attorney says those cases have been successful even though the "endorsement" argument is a fallacy. "Clearly no reasonable person thinks the state is actually endorsing a particular religion when the Ten Commandments are posted," he says. "They are intertwined with the founding of this nation and our legal system. [But] the court has engaged in this 'phantasm' where they conclude that the mere placement is enough to establish a religion when, in fact, that's not what's happening."

The State of Texas argues that the plaque is more historical than religious because key elements of law are rooted in the moral and cultural ethics provided by the Commandments.

And in the Hoosier State ...
In a similar case in the Midwest, it appears the Ten Commandments monument removed last week from the Elkhart, Indiana, city hall will not be coming back. Associated Press says U.S. District Judge Allen Sharp has refused a last-minute legal attempt by the Elkhart Ten Commandments Committee to present alternatives that would have allowed the monument to return.

Sharp said the rule of law must be respected even by those who passionately disagree with judicial decisions. He said time had run out, and the case will not be reopened. Elkhart's mayor, Dave Miller, says he is disappointed, while Indiana Civil Liberties Union attorney Ken Falk says he is pleased.

The AP report says courts have generally held that it is a violation of the First Amendment to place such monuments on public property.

The City of Elkhart had spent more than $60,000 in legal battles to keep the monument at city hall. It is being moved now to private property near the St. Joseph's River.

© 2002 AgapePress all rights reserved

[help] Is there any hope for USA left///??????

[tears]

[crying]

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement