Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » First of Tishri -No one knows the day or the hour

Author Topic: First of Tishri -No one knows the day or the hour
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I am aware, it has been interesting to me to learn how perverted the dates are even in Judaism today, all kinds of things done to the calendar by the rabbi's from what i understand.

I do think my new calendar is not right though. I just learned that also what the Bible calls the new moon and what astrologers call the new moon are two different things, I do not know if this is true. I will have to check this one out???

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.revelations.org.za/Trumpets.htm

The Feast of Trumpets
The following paragraphs in italics, were featured in this review long before the astonishing Islamic terror Attack on the USA took place on 11 Sept. 2001.
"The 'forgotten' and discarded (by Christianity) Feasts of YHVH, 'the God of Israel', may this year very likely fulfill its destined role as indicator of "The Times of Restoration", through the announcement of 'Warning Signs' about the imminent setting up of the universal Kingdom of the Creator God of the universe. This Sacred Feast Day, falling on the 1st day of the Biblical 7th month (which in the year 2001 corresponds to 18 September), introduces the series of Sacred Feasts spanning 3 weeks into October, known as "the Days of Awe". The various Feasts of this period, depict the Final Resurrection of Israel and the Redemption of those people of all nations who will qualify for citizenship of the New Universal Kingdom of God, with Jerusalem as its Capital.

Why the 'announcements' denoted by these Feasts should be done by way of warning 'trumpeting' of ominous and perilous times for humanity, is twofold:

- firstly, to serve as a warning of final preparation and readiness to those who will populate this Kingdom subject to its strict requirements for entrance;

- secondly, as a triumphant announcement of the arrival of the King of Kings, in fulfillment of ancient Prophecy, to overpower the opposing forces of evil and disruption and the "destroyers of His perfect creation".

The warning sirens in Sept 2000, blasted right on time with a Palestinin Jihad (uprising) in Jerusalem, when an Israeli cabinet minister, Ariel Sharon (currently the newly elected prime Minister by a land-slide victory), accompanied by a delegation of 'rightist' Jewish cabinet ministers, dared to visit the most sacred Jewish Site in all the world - The Temple Mount in Jerusalem. In the commotion that followed when the Palestinians used the occasion for aggresive demonstrations against Jews who visited the Holy Sites (over which Israel holds official sovereignty, but where the Muslim Dome of the Rock is also situated), a Palestinian was shot dead - which sparked a Jihad uprising which 2 weeks later was declared 'war'. By the end of the 3-weeks Festival which saw the Jihad reaching the inner cities of Israel, the war had moved right to the outskirts of Jerusalem, which Arafat claimed to be the Palestinian's "March on Jerusalem".

One year later, as the annual Biblical Feast of Trumpets approached again (18 Sept - 10 Oct. 2001), the War of Attrition raged on, threatening a major regional Middle East war, which could easily draw other nations into its wake.

The interceding year had seen Islamic suicide attacks on civilian Israelis, killing scores of women, children, even babies and many teenagers.

On 11 Sept 2001, merely one week before the start of the Sacred Biblical Festive Season of the "Days of Awe", the very same style of mindless execution by Islamic suicide bombers which Israeli civilians had to endure throughout this year, had been taken in grandiose style to the portals of Western Capitalism in New York, when 220 building floors, icons of Western Wealth, were levelled with the ground, including some 6000 of its civilian occupants!

The Final Battle and the subsequent Restoration and Establishment of God's earthly Kingdom has been foreshadowed in the Divine Plan, by a series of Sacred Feasts to be commemorated in the 7th Biblical month. This time setting corresponds with Sept / Oct of the secular year and is calculated and appointed by the new moon in the seventh month after Pesach (Passover) - the period of Feasts which depicted the initial requirements for this Restoration Process which would precede the actual installation of the Eternal Kingdom of YHVH in Jerusalem in the Middle East.

This seventh month series of Feasts, depict the events entailed in the actual setting up of God's Kingdom, viz. the Conquering War Battle; the actual qualifying selection (Judgment) and the Celebration in the New Kingdom in Jerusalem. Understandably therefore, this ancient City in the Middle East, is currently the Pawn in a Battle which is building up and which, according to Biblical Prophecy, will culminate in the War to end all Wars - a nuclear and/or bio-chemical holocaust threatening the eradication of Israel and the annihilation of its Jewish population off the face of the earth - if it were posible!

It is these tumultuous events which the "Feast of Trumpets", falling on the first day of the seventh Biblical month, foreshadows. Judgment Day (Yom Kippur) comes ten days later, followed four days later by 8 days of Succot, the most joyous season in the otherwise austere spirit of the 'Jewish' Religious Festivals. This series of Feasts is concluded by "The Last Great Day" - the eighth day of the Festival.

Overall, this period in Judaism is referred to as "The Days of Awe" (Yamim Noraim). The start of the Jewish year 2001 on 18 September, have surely turned out to be amidst such awesome world events! Significantly, though belatedly to the ignorant masses, Biblical scholars regard this Date as the true starting point for the much feared 'Y2K' Millennium which had passed so uneventfull on 1 Jan 2000.

While Christianity have maintained some imitation form of the first series of the Biblical Festive Cycle (i.e. Pesach - Easter; Shavuot - Pentecost), it has lost almost totally, or otherwise has discarded this third or concluding series of Sacred Feasts of the seventh month, which depict the staggering concluding events in the setting up of God's Kingdom in Jerusalem on earth.

The last few concluding years of the 6th millennium, have also introduced a season of awesome worldwide natural disasters, which may well be the foreshadow for the fulfillment of this long awaited Divine Promise. (Continue reading to 'Havoc from the Heavens' further down, for a summary of the 1999 abnormal natural disasters which hit earth, or click here to go straight there).

The current Battle for Jerusalem entered its final stage with the signing of the Oslo Peace Accord in Sept. 1993 (once again, at the time of the Feast of Trumpets!). Seven intermittent years of Peace negotiations between Israel and the Palestinians, failed to achieve an acceptable solution. While the Final Status Talks on Jerusalem has now reached stalemate, current conditions threaten to unleash serious implications in this explosive region of the Middle East.

Bible students and interpreters of Biblical Prophecy, from a wide variety of religious backgrounds, all agree in one point: That the 'Countdown to Armageddon with Jerusalem at its center", has entered the final hour!

This Web Site presents more information on this vibrant topic in:
150 pg book: "Jerusalem - Final Countdown"
Jerusalem Countdown - News and Reviews Page

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been for several weeks now in prayer about several verses in the Bible that just... a loss for words....Don't sit right, Something more to them, something we need to see; something I need to see.

I have been in serious prayer over it and have been studying... the Bible, History, Judaism, peice by peice trying to understand. Most of it has to do with the festivals, the time as laid out jot by jot tittle by tittle in the Word. So much is becoming clear, yet so much not quite fitting together. I find peices of revelation in many different writings of many different people, but then there will be another idea or concept that just doesn't line up.

Anyway I didn't mean to ramble but I thought this was interesting. I downloaded a program that takes our gregorian calendar and converts it to the 360 day a year Biblical calendar and figures in the moon phase over Jerusalem and not GMT.

When I plugged in the first day of Tishri or the 7th month for the feast of trumpets. Guess what the date was on our gregorian calendar? September 11th 2002. Kinda freaky huh?

Does anyone know of these things, The gregorian calendar has this date at Spetember 7th, could the Jews of today really be celebrating that many days off?

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement