Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Polls Only   » Transgender issue.

Author Topic: Transgender issue.
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been undecided on whether it is morally wrong to have a sex-change, but by the awareness made on this Board through the Bible, we see that genes can become contaminated down through generations. Because we live in an imperfect world, it is possible that there may be a major defect in the DNA of such people.

They are always rigorously prepared for such a procedure to make sure that they want to go through with the operations. Any cases I have seen through the media are really glad that they made the change.

I am still undecided on whether it should be covered by insurance..

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Most problems that arise in the womb while the woman is pregnant has to do with life style or the abuse that was done in previous years. Sin does take its toll on the body.
This is true in the west, but in 3rd world countries it is a different kind of sin and demonic oppression that causes these kind of burth defects that I have spoken of. There in those places they are caused by disease and nutritional defficiencies.

I was not aware of babies that were born with both genitalia, but I would hope that God would have compassion on the use of modern medicine to intervien in such circumstances.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do NOT think it is a SIN for a person to have surgery to change their sexual identity.

People who feel compelled to go to this extreme really believe that they were born to be the opposite sexual identity.

Many babies are born with both components of sexual aspects. Now DNA testing can be done to determine if the baby is male or female. Adults who were born 20 or more years ago, just got the luck of the draw per the Doctors best guess or parents best guess or both.

These hormonal changes can affect the baby it the baby can have both a ***** and uterus and or a ****** and testicles or any combination. Traditionally doctors would do surgery to make the child or give hormones to make the child either one sex or the other.

These people are either men trapped in a female body or vice versa. Do not judge them.

I have a feeling that God doesn't judge them, for wanting to feel whole.

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Morning Helpforhomeschoolers,

One has to decide to bring God and his will into the situation. I have been a nurse on the New Born ICU for a couple of years while stationed at Brooke Army Med Center, in those 2 years I have taken care of cleft palate babies, conjoint twins etc.. The difference between correcting a cleft palate and other innate problems has to do for survival. The Lord commands us to take care of the children, orphans and the widows. Most problems that arise in the womb while the woman is pregnant has to do with life style or the abuse that was done in previous years. Sin does take its toll on the body. You know on any given day on the floor where I work the average age of the patient is 45 years old-their problem Liver failure mostly due to excessive abuse of drugs and alcohol. And the ones with lung problems smoking or second hand smoking. Nevertheless, the Lord must be witness in a tactfile way without jeopardizing my job.

If you as a christian feel like the procedure you want to have is necessary for sustainment of life then you should. Mental outlook is important as well. But pray to God and seek His will and permission.

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Exactly Linda. That was my point that we can't make blanket judgements about such things. They are not always done for vanity. A stripper who gets breast implants to improve her earnings is surely doing it for sinful reasons. A young lady who does it to entice the attentions of young men (or old men) is also surely doing so with sinful motives. But the woman recovering from mastectomy or the married man who genuinely would benefit from an implant in order to relate to his wife in the bedroom - we have no place or right to judge those people. The cleft palate analogy is a good one, as is people getting burn scars eased via surgery if they so choose.
Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, I tend to be this way regarding my own person; I wear a very large scar across my face the result of cancer that was first diagnosed as melanoma, but when it was all removed, it turned out to be a rare pigmented basal cell cancer that took a large part of my face but was not life threatening. At the time my husband's job paid for our insurance in full and the plastic surgery to correct my scar would have cost us nothing. My dermatologist and the plastic surgeon still do not understand that I did not have this done, but every day when I look in the mirror, I see the answer to prayer; a very specific answer to, because I did not ask or expect God to heal me... I asked him to change the diagnosis that this not be a metastasizing cancer and that is exactly what he did.

Still, I have all my body parts. It is easy for me to say we should not try to improve on what God has done.

I used to work for a maxillo facial surgeon and he did a lot of cleft pallet work and I tell you if you have ever seen a baby with a hole in its face that did not allow it to nurse, you have to think twice, because while God does indeed ordain the life we are knit into at birth, birth defects are not of God! Birth defects are in the world because sin is in the world and in our flesh. The surgeon that I worked for volunteered his time and his equipment and supplies and staff to treat children with these life threatening defects free of charge and he believed that God allowed him to be educated in this field because his work was a service to God and I believe that too. Having seen this kind of need in the world, I cannot be too broad in my statements about plastic surgery.

I do not believe that we should ever have plastic surgery or implants of any kind for vanity. Our esteem should be in Christ within us and not in these bodies. And as far as breast implants and penile implants....well, I don't know...the scripture says some are born eunuchs so I think perhaps this is vanity.... still I think that in this regard, we tread thin ground on judging what we might not be able to justly judge.

What about the woman who has a mastectomy? I can be perfectly OK having my breast removed and knowing that my femininity is not tied to having breasts, nor is my worth as a person, or my security in my marriage or my esteem of any kind. But is it sin for me to want to have breasts? Can I not desire to have breasts without being guilty of vanity???? God made women to have breasts!

God did not birth me with breast cancer. God did not give me breast cancer; and God will certainly use my having had breast cancer to his Glory and my good, but can he do that whether or not I have reconstructive surgery to include implants?

Me... I am not willing to make this kind of judgment about this kind of choice that another might make.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to 1 Corinthians 6:19 The body is the temple of the Holy Spirit! If God made your body smaller than others, or larger then others then that is the will of God. People get things done to their bodies to look physically attractive or physically demon looking. What would profit any person, if he or she gain the entire world but lost their own soul in the process? Simply put where your treasure is where your heart is. This body of mine is dying already treated for cancer in the past, but I know and am persuaded money spent on a body that will decay one day can be used to feed the starving children in the US and abroad.

Our bodies are the temple of the Spirit!

"I beseech you therefore brethern, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy,acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world:but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable and perfect, will of God" Romans 12:1-2

If one chooses to get breast implants or other things done they choose for aesthetic appearance but the word of God goes even deeper. The book of Psalms says "I am wonderfully made and constructed by the hand of God!" Psamlms 139:13-14

If God made me, then I should be happy the way I look.

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

O did not think that he meant women having breast implants and men having penile implants; I thought he was speaking of changing gender surgically??? Now I am confused.
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How is having breast implants ro a penile implant a sin? Women have breat implants for many reasons, some surely sinful and others not so at all. Men have penile implants along similar lines, some for poor reasons and some for better reasons. Not to be graphic but I have heard of men who were born almost with a birth defect rendering them so small as to be incapable of having intercourse. Should such a man not take advantage of surgery in order to have an intimate marital relationship that he would otherwise not be able to have?

So silly to say such general things in my opinion.

Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bat Elohim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Eduardo Grequi:
However I have seen and have taken care of patients that had both sexes or their sex could not be determined. Being that this occurs, the choice to have medical insurance to pay for transgender operation should be allowed.

I never thought about that. I agree, insurance should cover this. But I don't believe it should cover completely changing a normal person from one sex to the other. To me that is unnecessary cosmetic surgery.

--------------------
Numbers 6:24 May ADONAI bless you and keep you. 25 May ADONAI make his face shine on you and show you his favor. 26 May ADONAI lift up his face toward you and give you peace.

Posts: 704 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

I believe that changing one's body their sex is a sin just like women who go for breast enlargements and men who go for penile implants. However I have seen and have taken care of patients that had both sexes or their sex could not be determined. Being that this occurs, the choice to have medical insurance to pay for transgender operation should be allowed.

This world does not live or is expected to live by God's standard if they choose a different God.But everyone will be judge by God. We who choose to follow must follow the commands given to us to follow. The triumph of following Jesus and believing in him wholeheartedly is that he will rapture us out of the world controlled by the devil.

Laurye
Community Member
Member # 4733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laurye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my.
Posts: 16 | From: Chicago, IL. | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redkermit
Advanced Member
Member # 4059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for redkermit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a big article in the USA Today about more companies including transgenders in their anti-discrimination policies. One group quoted throughout the article is fighting for insurance coverage for surgeries and procedures related to the transgender process, citing, "...gender variance is a genuine medical condition that there's no reason not to treat".

Poll Information
This poll contains 2 question(s). 16 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Vote Now     View Poll Results

--------------------
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. (Ps. 84:10b)

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

Listen Online:
www.wmuz.com
www.997flr.org

Posts: 604 | From: Michigan | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement