Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Polls Only   » Between Men and Women

Author Topic: Between Men and Women
MySavingGrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MySavingGrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think its not just for a significant others but family and friends too. I see nothing wrong with having a pet, but things like video games or internet over being with friends is a problem. Though they are fun, actual human interaction is needed. This me first society is a big problem. And, also being so rushed and so full of obligations. It seems hard for people to make time for a relationshi. Though it is not everyone's fault if they have to work two jobs to afford a house and food and all that. I think that if your significant other has a hobby, you should at least try it. If you try and don't like it, then fine But, at least give it a try.

I think the Japan thing might be a big of space for them too since where they live is so dnsely populated and busy. They may need ANYWHERE to relax and just breath! I've seen that some hotels in Japan aren't even hotel room sbut like capsules on top of one another that people sleep in since its so overcroweded over there. And, their apartments are probably the size of my one bedroom in my house.

--------------------
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/forum
Support the mother who lost her son protest the war
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/

here are my comments, I am UHaventDoneNothin
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/node/121

Posts: 426 | From: United States | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree that everyone is becoming too independent, not just singles.

I saw an article and picture in the newspaper this week, showing that in Japan many have this little glass-enclosured type of area in their own homes where they are caged off by themselves, with no one bothering them. "Me time".

I noticed there was a computer in there - you can be sure of that. [Big Grin]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redkermit
Advanced Member
Member # 4059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for redkermit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I definitely agree. It's all part of the "me first" society we live in. We are told even more so these days to look out for ourselves first, and to make sure we are making ourselves happy to achieve "balance" and "peace".

--------------------
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. (Ps. 84:10b)

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

Listen Online:
www.wmuz.com
www.997flr.org

Posts: 604 | From: Michigan | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am really at the wrong age to vote on this. As hubby and I get older we grow closer. We both have began to take on similar interest. This is not to say we don't have some interest that is our own. But we both play computer games as a hobby, but we play different games. But we both don't like crowds. We both are more likely to prefer a quiet evening at home watching T.V. or reading a book to loud parties.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mohawk
Advanced Member
Member # 2898

Icon 5 posted      Profile for mohawk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is something i have my own thoughts on, but would like to know how others view it:

Are men and women growing further apart in today's society?

I've noticed increasingly that single people now develop lifestyles that seem to exclude or substitute the open space in their lives that should be reserved for a partner. Hobbies, jobs, pets, etc. are used to fill the void--and when a potential mate does come along, they are (passively) forced to compete for the person's attention against the hobby, the job, the pet. I approach this from a man's viewpoint, but I know we do it too.

Thoughts? Agree? Disagree? Am I way off?? [type]

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 4 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Vote Now     View Poll Results

Posts: 223 | From: california | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement