Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Polls Only   » Passover vs. Easter (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Passover vs. Easter
Gramajo320
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Texas Grandma.

Amen to your posting too! Yes the holidays are special especially christmas and easter and Jesus Christ is our focus during the holiday and He will always be our focus!

God bless you always,
Gramajo320

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
His Grace,

I have to admit that I have viewed this thread with past hurts from this board. When I first came to this board, I was made to feel like a sinner for celebrating Christmas. One person who is no longer here, even went as far as to imply that the reason I am now handicapped proves I am not a "true" Christian. I knew this was not true because my grannie had the same disease and she loved God with all her heart. It skipped my mom but not me. That 's life. I do not feel sorry for myself, nor do I think it is punishment from God.
I grew up in Church where we celebrate Holidays. I love Holidays. I especially love Christmas and Easter becauset these are special times for me and my family to give extra thought and attention to God and what He has done for us.
God bless you.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
unregistered

His Grace,

Amen! I agree with you! God bless you!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by LaurieFL:
What's funny is this whole thing was started over someone being offended when I stated in a post that I was talking to my mom and husband and told them that I now think I prefer to celebrate Passover rather than Easter. I never once stated anything negative about easter in my post, nor did I imply that anyone else should feel that way at all, yet somehow the poster of this thread took offense. To me, that implies a guilty or defensive conscience, which is silly because in Christ there is no condemnation.

As the poster of this thread, I have read my posts carefully and I didn't say anything addressing any remarks you specifically said Laurie - I was responding to all previous posts.

I personally don't see any words of condemnation in them.

1. One post I said "I personally choose."
2. In a couple of posts I spoke about the ills of the Easter bunny and eggs.
3. In another post I quoted scripture and simply gave my interpretation of those scriptures.
4. In another post I responded to saintbygrace's @#%& accusatory remarks to TexasGrandma "Aren't YOU seeking to divide also by saying WE ARE wrong"

In TG's defense I said "TexasGrandma keeps telling you that she is concentrating on nothing but Jesus. You are messing with her personal beliefs when you accuse her of being wrong in using the traditional word of Easter.
You are talking like the Pharisees. They were full of condemnation towards Jesus. By focusing on nothing but what you think is wrong , you yourself are getting your eyes off of Jesus."

This is the last comment I am going to make regarding this subject. I was making a simple poll and this thread has taken on a life of its own. Sorry it had to end up this way. I am not offended and forgive me if others are offended.

Let's all keep in mind I Cor. 13: 5 Love is not irritable and it keeps no record of when it has been wronged.

LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's funny is this whole thing was started over someone being offended when I stated in a post that I was talking to my mom and husband and told them that I now think I prefer to celebrate Passover rather than Easter. I never once stated anything negative about easter in my post, nor did I imply that anyone else should feel that way at all, yet somehow the poster of this thread took offense. To me, that implies a guilty or defensive conscience, which is silly because in Christ there is no condemnation.
Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Waterdog
Advanced Member
Member # 24

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Waterdog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen, yahsway!! Excellent post!! [clap2] [youpi]

--------------------
So let us go forth to Him outside the camp (Heb 13:11-14)
 -  -

Posts: 374 | From: Austin, TX | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
unregistered

Texas Grandma and His Grace,

I'm saying amen to your posting and they are very much appreciated! I agree with you both and God bless you!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you are talking about Churches having Easter egg hunts for young children on a Saturday. I do not have a problem with that. The Church I grew up did that. But, there should be no Easter bunnies in the Church or talked about from the pulpit. I do not think it is a sin for young children to hunt for easter eggs.

My son's Church took part in a town Easter egg hunt and used to opportunty to wittness about Jesus. The town said if the Church would provide the goodies for the kids than they could set up tables and talk to people about Jesus. Only God knows how many people were wittness to that never go in a Church building.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I celebrate Jesus's death,burial and resurrection at Passover the same as Paul did.

Its not dividing the body when taught where our tradtions come from. Its just some would rather celebrate His resurrection on Easter, others on Passover.

Its not dividing the body if one celebrates one day and one celebrates another day.

This has nothing to do with being anymore holy than anyone else. In fact, the scriptures call for all believers to be holy (which means set-apart)Just as He is Holy. Our God is One. There shall be no other gods before Him. He, our God , and his Son, Jesus, did not institute Easter, man did. this is not hard to understand.

It is TRADiTIONS of Men. I agree that we must worship Him in Spirit but the scriptures also say to worship Him in Spirit and in Truth.

And the truth is Easter was a pagan holy day dedicated to a fertility goddess and mixed in with Christianity years later as Jesus Resurection.

Please, go to any dictionary if you have one and look up the word Easter. It defines it as a Christian holiday and also as the day the Goddess Estore' was worshipped. The two have been mixed and the only thing I ask is does the Father God, The Almighty Ancient of Days, want to be worshipped by mixing His truth Jesus with the lies of Estore goddess worship?

Now Im not calling anyone unholy, Im not saying Im any holier, I am simply putting this out there for all to ask themselves. Would you bring in a golden calf and put it in the sanctuary and proclaim a feast or holy day to the Lord and Jesus Himself?

Well, Aaron did this way back in Exodus. He made a golden calf and proclaimed to Israel that they would have a feast day to God.

Maybe we need to ask ourselves why we have certain traditions and if they are bible based.

The Episcopal church down the road from me does the Labyrinth prayer. They say this is so many ways to get to God. Oh, really? The pagans used the Labryniths during their rituals. Is God pleased with this?

You know, many become very offended and would rather uphold their traditions than uphold what the word of God says. Most pastors and teachers of the word in many denominations can tell you where Easter came from. They say the same thing some of us have been saying. But they say its okay, its just our tradtion, no harm done.

But some of us want to break away from man-made traditions, especially when we find out where their foundation came from.

The Passover was instituted by God. Yeshua is the fulfillment of the this. The death angel has now passed over us because we are covered by His blood shed for us. The passover and passover Lamb institued by God is the foundation laid for us.

Maybe some who have never been to a passover seder(supper) should consider going. It has Jesus written all over the ceremony and celebration. But remember this, the egg thats even used in todays seders has been mixed in even with the Father passover. Satan is so cunning.

I celebrated Easter for many years. But when i came to know the truth of how paganism was mixed with Gods appointed times, I realized for myself that this was not the way for me personally to walk. God says in His word that when he returns, He will take all the Baals out of our mouths. Think about that. he said He will teach us HIS ways. Im all for that. I want the Father to teach me.

Just remember, a tradition is just that, Tradition. And why and where do our traditions come from? Thats a valid question dont you think?

The first pilgrims that came here to America did not celebrate easter or Christmas and they were Considered Christians. Why did they not celebrate it. And when did it first come here to the Americas? No one should ever get mad or resentful against another brother or sister who for their own convictions would rather celebrate Jesus birth at Tabernacle time, or his resurrection at Passover. No one is saying those who celebrate Easter and Christmas are lost. No Way Hosea! just funnin, but seriously, Lets just be thankful that He did come to Earth to dwell (tabernacle) among men, that He did die for our sins and that He LIVES and Has Risen.

When He returns, Im sure He will tell us all things and probably will straighten a lot of things out for us. But let us not keep the feast as Paul said with "leaven" but let us live in peace. amen

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saintbygrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4401

Icon 1 posted      Profile for saintbygrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Her church may be focusing SOLELY on Jesus during easter, but far far to many are using easter bunnies and easter eggs.

Does that matter to anyone?

--------------------
John 18:38
Pilate *said to Him, "What is truth?"

Posts: 112 | From: ball of God-cursed dirt | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by saintbygrace:

Why do we have to "blend" the reusrection of YaShua with pagan @#%&, why can't it be JUST about Jesus.
That to ME is the core issue.
I don't want YaShua mixed with trash, I want it a HOLY day, focused SOLELY on HIM, not Jesus plus trash.Make sense to you.

TexasGrandman keeps telling you that she is concentrating on nothing but Jesus. You are messing with her personal beliefs when you accuse her of being wrong in using the traditional word of Easter.

You are talking like the Pharisees. They were full of condemnation towards Jesus. By focusing on nothing but what you think is wrong , you yourself are getting your eyes off of Jesus.

There will always be trash in the world, but why should we concentrate on the trash and get our eyes off of the true meaning of "Easter". I don't care if the word has pagan roots. We have defeated the devil by turning it into something uplifting towards Jesus.

I'm not going to get in a tizzy and be concerned about whether the world thinks it is right or wrong. I have always been taught that Easter is something sacred and glorious. and I still see it that way. I will never change.

saintbygrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4401

Icon 1 posted      Profile for saintbygrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aren't YOU seeking to divide also by saying WE ARE wrong.

We are not claiming to be MORE Holy

YaShua is

--------------------

Posts: 112 | From: ball of God-cursed dirt | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

At my Church, my mom's Church, my son's Church and my daughter all separate Churches in different cities and some different states, Easter was all about Jesus. Christians seek to divide the Church because they think they are more Holy than others for not celebrating Jesus’ death and resurrection. I say hogwash. I celebrated Jesus on Easter.

--------------------

saintbygrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4401

See TEXASGRANDMA, the issue to many is that easter is the day some choose to celebrate the resurection of YaShua, but easter itself is not about YaShua, hence the bunnies and eggs and pagan garbage.

Why do we have to "blend" the reusrection of YaShua with pagan @#%&, why can't it be JUST about Jesus.

That to ME is the core issue.

I don't want YaShua mixed with trash, I want it a HOLY day, focused SOLELY on HIM, not Jesus plus trash.

Make sense to you.

--------------------

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 9 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish someone would post another poll. Everytime I see this one it breaks my heart. How a Christian can tear another Christian to bits for celebrating Jesus birth at Christmas and His death and resurrection at Easter is beyond my understanding. I have tried to think of a poll myelf for three days just to get this one off the front page, but can't think of one.
Seeing this every day just reminds me how fellow Christians can tear each other apart over nothing.
betty

--------------------

Waterdog
Advanced Member
Member # 24

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Waterdog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Drew, Softouch and Bat. [clap2] But Bat, Yah'shua died on what will be April 24th on our calendar. Resurrection Day is still on the way! Passover begins on the evening of April 23 this year, a full month after the pagan Easter.

--------------------
So let us go forth to Him outside the camp (Heb 13:11-14)
 -  -

Posts: 374 | From: Austin, TX | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bat Elohim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
here's an even better article at the same site...
Paleo Times Article

--------------------
Numbers 6:24 May ADONAI bless you and keep you. 25 May ADONAI make his face shine on you and show you his favor. 26 May ADONAI lift up his face toward you and give you peace.

Posts: 704 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bat Elohim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no, Saintbygrace, because according to the harvest and moons, Yah'shua died Friday 25th March (on our calendar this year). The scriptures teach us the signs to look for each year to mark the beginning of the new year (for Israel) but the Orthodox Jewish church is still going by a calendar created by someone back in either the 8th or 18th century, not by the signs that Yah established.

for more information... go here...
Paleo Times

--------------------
Numbers 6:24 May ADONAI bless you and keep you. 25 May ADONAI make his face shine on you and show you his favor. 26 May ADONAI lift up his face toward you and give you peace.

Posts: 704 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

The little skunk at the bottom of the screen looks kind of worried. [Eek!]
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[pound] [pound] [pound] Oh my, a BEASTER Hunt.

That was the funniest thing I have seen in a long time Drew.

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
unregistered

I clicked on the link and I find it totally disgusting to say the very least!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Easter Bunny Shoot

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Hisgrace and Grmajo, Im glad to hear that your assemblies dont do the egg hunts and Easter bunny thing. So many churches still do it. The church I used to attend , An assembly of God church just had a passion play with the Easter Bunny running thru the entire play giving out candy. So sad. but glad to hear you are not caught up in that. Shalom
Gramajo320
unregistered

His Grace,

Amen to your posting with which I totally agree and God bless you!

I'll also add that it's a very true fact that many non-believers do attend churches and will hear all about the resurrection of Jesus Christ and therefore seeds are sown! We focus on Jesus Christ and that is what is most important!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

HisGrace
unregistered

I don't care what the world says or believes about the Easter Bunny. I focus on Jesus and the Cross. Satan has won a major battle if he gets my eyes off of the true meaning of Easter.

Mr. Bunny and all of his imp friends aren't going to rob me of my peace and joy.
[youpi] [hyper]

Bunny Who?? Sorry -- don't know the guy.

yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

The secular world (who we are suppose to be witnesses to of Yeshua and His Salvation) are the ones trying to change the name of the "Easter Bunny" to the "Holiday Bunny". They say we christians are being "offensive " to them by calling it the "Easter Bunny".

Do you see what is happening. Easter to the unsaved is all about the "BUNNY". Thats why we are harping on this so. We as the CHURCH are not doing our job if all the secular world sees is a Holiday wrapped with colored eggs and the BUNNY.

They are not focosing on the Resurrection cause they dont get that thru traditions of Easter Bunnys and eggs. Where is the resurrection power in that? How does the message of new-birth or being born agin thru Yeshua compare to the new-birth of the egg? The egg practice is a fertility-goddess practice intertwined with the message of Yeshua. And no one sees the harm in this? Are we not told "do not learn the way of the heathen/" or was thi also nailed to the cross and Gods word done away with?

Gramajo320
unregistered

Churches of all denominations and non-denominations most assuredly celebrate the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ and to do so is in no way defiling our Lord Jesus Christ or being corrupt!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

Gramajo320
unregistered

Why are some so focused on only the easter bunny and eggs?
Why don't you focus on the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ? That is what is all important!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

HisGrace
unregistered

Many of us are upset about the focus around the Easter bunny and coloured eggs, but the devil wouldn't be doing his job if he let us dwell on the true meaning of Easter.

The prince of this world has his nose stuck into every area of worship. The most saintly congregations on this earth have to be constantly turning to God to be overcomers.

Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is like partaking with JW in the of Jesus Christ... [Roll Eyes] All is well He knoweth our hearts!

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am one those that don’t find any comparison to an Easter egg hunt to my dear Lord Jesus.
You might say it is about Christ and some it is but the whole assembly looks like a rabbit farm when they place so much in decoration with rabbits and eggs. I am not going to judge you on this let God deal with each person. But if is a festival that we like to celebrate why not the resurrection of my dear Savior and place and empty tomb and three empty crosses so that we may look and remember the awful death He pay for our sins! That is celebration unto me not a bunch of eggs of many colors and a rabbit!

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
unregistered

Texas Grandma,

You are very welcome and yes I do stand by you in this thread! Also I say a huge amen to your newest posting! I too refuse to argue over celebrating the resurrection of Jesus Christ! Our Father in Heaven knows exactly what is in our hearts and the hearts of everyone who does celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ on Easter Sunday and the fact that He alone knows is all that matters!

God bless you always, Texas Grandma!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Greetings saintby grace, You are right about those pagan web sites. i went to a few of them as well when God was teaching me the truth about our tradtions and they do laugh at us.

I remeber one site i went to they were taking great pleasure in our celebrting of Christmas trees. Although they call their Holy day Yule, they said it was the same as ours. The absolutely loved the fact that we celebrated a lot in the same way they do. I was amazed.

Just thought Id tell you that. Were you caught up in that to before your conversion? I bet you have a wonderful testimony. Would like to hear it. Be blessed.

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

I am leaving this thread. Most Churches in America celebrate Easter in thanksgiving of what God did for us. I know for a fact that these Churches had an Easter celebration yesterday.
1. Assemblies of God
2. United Pentecostal
3. most all Baptist Churches
4. Catholic
5. Methodist
6. Luthern
7. Moasic
and there is many more.
I refuse to allow you to cheapen the love and thanksgiving that Churches gave to our Lord Jesus by your agruments and seeking to sew discord in the Church.
I read in the newspaper today about how thousands of Christians went to Jerusalem to celebrate Easter. The world sees Easter as a celebration of Jesus. Odd how some Christians, don't!
BYE!

--------------------

yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Okay, lets go back to our church Fathers who institued Easter and see why we as christians celebrate it. Now this is a quote from the catholic Cardinal John Henry Newman from his book, THE ESSAY ON THE DEVELOPMENT OF CHRISTIAN DOCTRINE, published in 1878, states in chapter 8:

"The rulers of the Church from early times were prepared, should the occasion arise, to adopt, to imitate, or to sanctify the existing rites and customs od the population, as well as the philosophy of the educated class. The use of temples and those dedicated to particular saoints, and ornamented on occasion with branches of trees, incense, lamps, candels, votive offerings on recovering from illness, holy water, holy days and seasons, use of calanders, processions, blessings on the fields, sacerdotal vestments, the ring in marriage, chants, the Kyrie Eleison, ARE ALL OF PAGAN ORIGIN, AND SANCTIFIED BY ADOPTION INTO THE CHURCH"

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Gramajo320

Thanks so very much for you standing with me.
betty

saintbygrace

What is worse? Celebrating a Holiday that has been considered a Christian Holy Day in America for centuries, or sitting on the side line acting better than others and putting people down when you have no idea what is in their heart?
Which brings glory to God? The world seeing people worship Jesus on Easter or seeing people like you who look down on their brothers and sisters in Christ?
betty

--------------------

Gramajo320
unregistered

Saintsbygrace,

We celebrate Jesus Christ's resurrection on Easter Sunday and it's not up to you to condemn anyone for doing so. Our Heavenly Father knows why celebrate it and He alone knows what is in our hearts! You do not! You do seem to like to argue a lot though which is not edifying. Consequently I say to you I agree to totally disagree with you and that's all I'm saying on this subject to you.

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

Gramajo320
unregistered

Texas Grandma,

Amen to your posting! I totally agree!
For those of us who celebrate Easter we do so to celebrate the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father knows that and knows what is in our hearts! There is nothing pagan in celebrating Jesus Christ's resurrection!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

saintbygrace

Your condemnation will not hurt me. I celebrate Jesus death and resurrection. I will not allow a most Holy Day to be desecrated by you and your fears of Holidays.
betty

--------------------

yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

During the Passover of which Yeshua instituted the new covenant by His blood, the pagans were also celebrating Easter. These were clearly 2 different celebrations. One was passover, celebrated by the Jews and Yeshus/Jesus and the other was Easter celebrated by the pagans of that day.

so I ask you, Is Jesus our Passover Lamb or Easter Lamb?

Jesus rose from the dead during the Feast of unleavened bread.

I understand why as believers we have been taught that Easter is the time to celebrate the death, burial, and resurecction as this was institued some 3oo plus years after Yeshuas death, burial and resurecction. Its our Tradtions. but it was not instituted by God but by man.

I drove by my old church Saturday on my way to my mother in laws. They were having an "Easter drive thru" It was a semi-passion play acted out on the parking lot of the church. And bigger than life itself was a 6 foot Pink Easter Bunny, running around the people in the play, giving out candy to the people in the cars driving by. I just stood from across the street and watched this. There was a teenager acting out the part of Jesus, carrying the cross-beam, while the Bunny was hopping around him and others in the passion play. Made me cry. No wonder the secular world wants to change the name of the Easter Bunny to the Holiday Bunny. Thats all the secular world sees that Easter is.

Although we as believers have never seen Jesus, we stand on faith. But the secular world sees the Bunny and eggs and now thinks that is offensive and wants to change it to the Holiday Bunny. This was on Fox news the other day, and I thought to myself, well thats how they see Easter. They see the Bunny as a symbol of our faith. How sad.

We have substitued Gods holy days for pagan holy days or better yet we just mixed it to bring the pagans in I guess. And now the pagans (secular world) thinks the Bunny Rabbit is our symbol for the Resurection. God help us.

Gramajo320
unregistered

Texas Grandma and His Grace,

Amen to your postings with which I'm in agreement! God bless you!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

HisGrace
unregistered

TexasGrandma, I'm happy to see that you still honour the traditional Easter as it has been in the Christian faith for years.

The First Passover - Exodus 12:3,5 Announce to the whole community that on the tenth day of this month each family must choose a lamb or a young goat for a sacrifice ..... This animal must be a one-year-old male, either a sheep or a goat, with no physical defects.

The Lord's Supper, or communion, replaces the Passover meal with the "body and blood" of Jesus, our flawless sacrificial lamb.

I Cor. 11: 23-26 For this is what the Lord himself said and I pass it on to you just as I received it. On the night when he was betrayed, the Lord Jesus took a loaf of bread and when he had given thanks he broke it and said. "This is my body which is given for you. Do this in remembrance of me.

In the sme way he took the cup of wine after supper saying, " THIS CUP IS THE NEW COVENANT BETWEEN YOU AND GOD, sealed by the shedding of my blood. Do this in remembrance of me as often as you think of it. For every time you eat this bread and drink this cup, you are announcing the Lord's death until he comes again.

Quote - "easter is not in the Bible
Passover IS"

Saintbygrace, the word "Trinity" isn't in the Bible either. but that is a word we choose to help best explain the triune God.

There are many stages in Jesus' crucifixion, resurrection, etc. so we choose Easter as the one word to best sum up the sequence of events.

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

I make no apology for celebrating Easter. It has been a religious Holiday in my family since my grandmother was a child. It is a religious Holiday to my children and grandchildren. We celebrate the passover by partaking of communion. We did that today at Church, too!
betty

--------------------

Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

I tried to vote... but since I couldn't answer the 2nd question, it wouldn't accept my answer for the first question.

so i'll just tell you what I do...

I celebrate the Passover and Yahshua as the fulfillment of the passover Lamb. We had our Passover Seder Thursday Night. Tomorrow, Sunday, my mom and step dad are coming over to eat. We will be celebrating the Resurrection of Messiah Yahshua.

I do not celebrate "Easter" because of the pagan background that it is based on. Just as I don't celebrate Christmas in the pagan sense. We glorify Yahweh Elohim and Praise His Holy Name on these days for what they represent to the Christians and Jews.

There are no bunnies or egg hunts for us... those thing represent the pagan fertility idols that were worshiped and honored on "Easter" at the Spring Equinox... and the goddess Ostra from who's name Easter originated.

But when someone wishes me a happy easter, i do not get haughty with them, I simply say thank you!

So... for those of you who celebrate Easter... Happy Easter, tomorrow.

For all of us here... Praise Yahweh for the Resurrection of Yahshua! I hope tomorrow will be a day of great joy and celebration for you all as we remember all that our Holy and Gracious Father has done for us!!!

Blessings and Shalom.

--------------------

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here are two posts that Linda did that I found that are really good.

http://thechristianbbs.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=003086

Passover - A feast of Freedom - A feast of Rememberance

And another from January 26, 2004

http://thechristianbbs.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=001736

God’s Holiday’s

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I couldn't vote in the poll because the correct response for me wasn't there. I celebrate Passover in the New Covenant sense. I also celebrate the Grace of God to His Chosen People the Hebrews. All of the Bible is Important. All of the Feasts are revelant because All of the Bible and the Feasts point to Jesus! [Smile]

I prefer the term "Resurrection Day" as well. I agree with Brother Drew and Sister Laurie (I've only read their two posts on this... not the whole thread) on this issue. I believe our Sister Linda has made some very Important and informative posts on this subject in other threads. It is wise for us to understand the Whole of the issues. That doesn't mean that we're "Judiazing" - definitely Not... I hope you know what I mean cause I can't explain this LOL! Linda already has though [Smile]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I truly don't "celebrate" either holiday. I am like Caretaker though in that I find great joy in thinking about the significance of Passover, and how Christ was the ultimate fulfillment of the Law and how through his sacrifice and resurrection, we have a new life, a new hope and eternity.

My Redeemer lives, and that is my joy every day.

Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For myself I celebrate the death, burial, and resurrection of my Lord Jesus Christ as the fulfillment of Passover. He is our Passover Lamb. He was sacrificed for us at Passover. The last supper was Passover Seder. His Blood is on the door posts of our heart as the blood of the first Passover lamb was on the doors in Egypt, and the angel of death passed over.

The Catholic Church separated and established Easter, and separated it from Passover. The Catholic Church declared a Good Friday crucifixtion, which disallows Jesus being in the ground three days, the first day of the week being our Saturday night at sunset.

For myself I have to seek to return to celebrating the death, burial, and resurrection of my Lord Jesus during the proper time frame of the event and within the scriptural context.

We as Believers celebrate our resurrected Lord 24/7, so I do not censure celebrating Easter Sunday. Just for myself I feel a need to return to a Biblical context. A wish for a very Blessed Resurrection Celebration to all of my Brothers and Sisters in Christ.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
unregistered

Texas Grandma,

Amen! I totally agree with your posting! Easter is all about Jesus Christ and His resurrection and it will always mean that to us!

God bless you always!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

I celebrate Easter. There is nothing pagan about Easter to me. You can find something in any Holiday to make it pagan. But I grew up in Church and Easter to me, is all about Jesus.
Without ther resurrection there is no salvation. Easter is the celebration of that. I love the Easter pagents Churches have. I used to go to Easter Sunrise services but, I can't drive anymore and Hubby will not get up that early.
When my kids where little we always had an Easter egg hunt after Church. Just because your are raising your children in Church does not mean you cannot have play time for them.

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement