Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Polls Only   » How do you celebrate Halloween? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: How do you celebrate Halloween?
Lunarius
Advanced Member
Member # 4205

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lunarius     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because the day is no longer representative of "All Hallow's Eve" as Christians once wanted it to be; a celebration with true religious connotation, is there anything about it left to "celebrate"?!?

Costumes, candy, faces carved into pumpkins.. what is special about this? By actual Christian traditional definition it certainly continues to be classified as a pagan ritual (by most Christians I know at least).

The day WOULD be worth celebrating if there were some holy blessing or bounty related to it that came from God that could be widely praised by all on the day, but we know that most people do not look upon it in that way, so basically Halloween is a rather strange concept any way I look at it; Also one that I do not recognize as a "holiday," nor do I take part in the typical goings-on.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halloween

--------------------
"Life is a song, love is the music"

Posts: 133 | From: Alabama (currently) | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This thread is so ancient. How about a really good bibical topic such as one on the Holy Spirit
who leads us to do really great things such as helping others and loving others or a bibical thread on bible prophecy!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo 32

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jippia
Member # 2402

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jippia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In my country we do not really celebrate Halloween. Gradually it is being introduced here as well, but it is not as popular as in the USA. I do not know if that will ever be the case. I would never celebrate a festival like Halloween as it is about ghosts and such. I do not like that.

--------------------
Aunt to God's miracles Joas, Nathan and Jessica

Posts: 6 | From: Apeldoorn, the Netherlands | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Linda I did not change the Topic. I have answered questions that I’ve been asked and made comments on Un-Biblical statements.
I made no accusations that you did change the topic. In fact, I did not look to see who did. I simply wanted to keep this subject of holidays clean because I think it is an important one and if it is allowed to run amuck in several directions it will benefit no one, As it will be so muddled that it cannot be followed.

What you did do was tell me you disagreed with my wanting to keep it on topic.

quote:
I have not said anything for which I believe I should apologize.
I am sorry you feel that way.

quote:
I will not apologize for correcting false doctrine by those who are false teachers.
Nor would I ever expect or ask you to. Correcting False doctrine is one thing. Calling someone names is not correcting doctrine. You have done much correcting doctrine and that is good. That is an act of the Spirit. It edifies. Calling people names is an act of the flesh it does not edify. Additionally, it takes the focus off of the important issue of right doctrine. They call you a legalist or worse, you call them illiterate or worse, they call you something else, and you retaliate. Nothing is accomplished except destruction. There is no love in either side.

I would also remind you that some who speak false doctrine are false teachers (wolves in sheps clothing) and some are not, Some are sheep who have not been discipled or have been led by wolves and are simply lacking understanding that is yet to come, in which Case GOD will set them straight.

If we are called to correct false doctrine it is because there are some who God loves and also seeks to correct and he uses those who have sound doctrine to speak it with love; that the person with out understanding may BY THE SPIRIT of GOD find understanding.

If the person with sound doctrine speaks it without Charity, if he speaks it for the purpose of condemning those who lack understanding, rather than loving them as God does enough to want them to understand, then he ends up pushing them back into the wilderness with the wolves rather than shepherding them to the safety of the TRUTH.

Paul, spoke sound doctrine in the face of false continually. He even had to admonish Peter! But while he spoke with authority, he always spoke with the purpose of lifting up and edifying, or having people understand who they were in Christ and who Christ was in them. Even when he had to turn over Alexander and Hymenaeus to the enemy...essentially putting them out of the congregation, he did this that THEY (Alexander and Hymenaeus) would learn not to blaspheme. This was an act of love not condemnation. And certainly not of raising himself up as better or more anything than they. The only one truely litterate is Christ and compared to HIM we are all illiterate. You and I both Brother Dale, illiterate. If we have been given any understanding or education at all in the scriptures it is for the sound doctrine, reproof and correction and instruction in righteousness.

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

I fail to see how comments on people's litteracy do any of those things.

quote:
The Scriptures are plain on mixture of the Holy and the un-Holy, the truth about any and all leaven being brought into the Body, the truth of the un-Holy Roman Catholic Church and all her Daughters called Protestantism. Christ Body can not be divided Ephesians chapter 3.

2Cr 6:17-18 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean [thing]; and I will receive you, And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

What does the “Wherefore” want us to focus our attention?????

2Cr 6:14-16 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in [them]; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

What agreement hath the temple of God with idols of the pagan idols that Christmas, Easter, and Halloween have been married to through the Great Wh!ore the Roman Catholic Church, yet the greater portion of Protestants, if not all accept this same lie from the pit of Hell.

Jesus said guard yourself against the leaven, all leaven! Because just a little leaven will permeate the whole lump.

Man does not like to think of giving up its pleasures of this life, that portion of life where they can be buddy buddy with this world and not in opposition to this world.

There is only Black and White in the Kingdom of Yahweh, there is know grey (no shadow) with HIM.

Choose you this day whom you will serve, if Yahweh be God serve Him, if Satan be God serve him. There is no one who can serve to masters at one time.

On all of these things I agree with you 100% and will always stand by the preaching of this.

quote:
I will start another thread on Government at your request.
Thank you. Since you and I see things very differently in the area of governments, I am looking forward to looking at the scripture together. We have talked a little about this in the past. I am looking forward to looking deeper into the word in this regard. Perhaps you have something I need to see there?
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Linda I did not change the Topic. I have answered questions that I’ve been asked and made comments on
Un-Biblical statements. I will start another thread on Government at your request. I have not said anything for which I believe I should apologize. I will not apologize for correcting false doctrine by those who are false teachers.

The Scriptures are plain on mixture of the Holy and the un-Holy, the truth about any and all leaven being brought into the Body, the truth of the un-Holy Roman Catholic Church and all her Daughters called Protestantism. Christ Body can not be divided Ephesians chapter 3.

2Cr 6:17-18 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean [thing]; and I will receive you, And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

What does the “Wherefore” want us to focus our attention?????

2Cr 6:14-16 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in [them]; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

What agreement hath the temple of God with idols of the pagan idols that Christmas, Easter, and Halloween have been married to through the Great Wh!ore the Roman Catholic Church, yet the greater portion of Protestants, if not all accept this same lie from the pit of Hell.

Jesus said guard yourself against the leaven, all leaven! Because just a little leaven will permeate the whole lump.

Man does not like to think of giving up its pleasures of this life, that portion of life where they can be buddy buddy with this world and not in opposition to this world.

There is only Black and White in the Kingdom of Yahweh, there is know grey (no shadow) with HIM.

Choose you this day whom you will serve, if Yahweh be God serve Him, if Satan be God serve him. There is no one who can serve to masters at one time.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 16 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Know what your problem is becauseHElives...

You view things from a Kingdom perspective, not a world perspective.

Also you are an absolutist when it comes to what El Elyon said. You take Him and His word so serious to the point that it affects your life, and you expect others to also. You take seriously His title El Shaddai (God ALL Sufficient) and you think others will too.

You have the same problem I do

Maybe we should see things more from a worldly perspective and not be so absolute about El Olam and His Living Word. naaa

You belive that Yashua ment this when He said
quote:
Luke 14:26-27
"If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be My disciple.
"Whoever does not carry his own cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple.

Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dale: I have asked that this thread be kept on topic and I expect that to happen. I would like the goverment issue to be discussed, but it should be done in another thread.

Further your comment on the literacy of others is uncalled for and edifies nothing and no one including God. I was surprised by it and by the similar one that you made in another thread regarding the belief of some regarding pagans.

If you believe you are more literate than others in the scriptures and you may well be. Then I suggest you realize that this is by the grace of God and for HIS purpose and not for the putting down of those you feel are less literate than you, but for the purpose of building up his Kingdom in right doctrine.

Comments like this are not admonishments because they seek to destroy and not to build. Our God is a master builder and not a destroyer. What he tears down, he tears down that he may raise it up again in glory.

As to my need to decide what side I am on. I know what side I am on; and if you want to discuss that we can do it in a thread on government and not on this one.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
unregistered

HelpForHomeschoolers,

Yes this thread is for holidays. I think everything regarding holidays has been settled.
I think it is time for this thread to come to an end. What do you think?

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 15 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Linda, thank you but this tread will do well to support both subject matters.

Favor Minded, Grandma Jo, Texas Grandma are so Bible illiterate I will address them any where they would like to bring this topic.

I have had many family member killed and wounded through out all the wars in this country (my grandfathers Father fought against the Mexicans to steal Texas from them. His name was William Clark and his name is on the Declaration of Independence, was a big name in the Masonic Lodge) and my wives family was the victims of this countries great dream , her grandmother and grand father were full blood Cherokee. The American Government put her family on the “Trail of Tears” because they needed the land they occupied. More than four thousand Indians including Chief Ross's wife died on the trip. One fourth of the tribe died on the trail known as the "Trail of Tears".

All in the name of a dream, of a one world order. Eliminate the vermin in the name of a better civilization,

Christian Faith? killing peoples because our way is a better way of life? Killing people for land to support a new way of life. This is no different than Muslims, killing in the name of Allah.

Jesus never advocated anywhere killing of those that oppose you as you preach nor did any of the inspired writers of the New Testament. He taught just the opposite. I would like one verse in the New Testament to this thought pattern.
I have called the Roman Catholic Church the GREAT WH!ORE and that she is, she has been drunk on the Blood of the Saints for centuries. And many others have adopted the same techniques to achieve their means Russia, Germany, Iran, others including America.

Jesus said by love would He conquer, it is Satan and those that follow Satan that takes the life of another to gain power over others and claim to set people free.

Constantine conquered under the sign of the cross, under the sign of what the Apostle Paul said was another Gospel. Many today are following another Gospel, not the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Christmas, Easter, and Halloween are children born of the Great Wh!ore “the Roman Catholic Church. Who also adopts the same kind of Gospel, kill all those that oppose you. But the daughters of the Great Wh!ore have adopted the same Gospel.

I love this country as much as any on this board but I love my Lord and Savoir Yeshua/Jesus more.I will obey what He teaches over and above all the Government of this world. And if it cost me my life or my freedom, then so is it, let it be so.

Gal 1:10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

You are blind guides, if you can not see any clearer than you are presenting here.

Linda you need to decide which side you are on, the side of those that advocate killing in the name of Jesus.

(Linda, I know you do not beleive in Halloween, Easter, and Christmas.)

or with those that agree that Jesus taught to love your enemies, and do good to them that persecute you.

If you all would like to send out a hit squad to take me out, just ask I will send you my address. If Yahweh desires to take me home, if my assignment on this earth is over I am ready to go home.

Luk 23:34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

Stephen said the same thing as they stoned him to death, and all the martyrs of the Church prayed the same prayer as they have died.

Father open their eyes, before it is to late.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Could we please get this thread back on topic? I do think the government issue is a worthy one and I for one would be interested in seeing it in its own thread. Perhaps posed as a question. I think it would make for great, timly and IMPORTANT discussion; but let us not muddy this thread any more than it already is please. Let's keep it on holidays.

Thanks for your help!

Linda

Gramajo320
unregistered

BecauseHeLives,

You are so far off base in many areas in your postings and you still cling to your JUDGEMENTAL WAYS, which is so very wrong! Also don't you know that you shouldn't even have a thing to do with the satanic bible which is so full of evil - having it in your possession and reading it opens the doors to your heart and mind and lets satan use you to the fullest extent! Is that what you want?

The men in my family and all extended family served in the military honorably. One of my uncles died on Okinawa just 2 weeks before he was to be rotated back home - another one of my uncles was in the invasion of Normandy and also fought in Germany and Italy. He was badly wounded - he was in a hospital in England and then came home. He was so full of shrapnel which they couldn't get it all out so some shrapnel remained in him to his dying day this past
July 17, 2004. All of the men and women who served in the military in all of the wars up to and including now are honorable people! They fought for our freedom! They all deserve respect and they all need our prayers to be kept safe!

Again I'm appalled at your postings!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

Favor Minded
unregistered

Oh, what a disservice you bring to the countless thousands who havew fought and died to keep America free....

Your disrespect of them is disgusting and you will find that you are wrong.

For someone who claims to know the bible you certainly seem to ignore the parts that don't suit you like the importance of standing no matter the opposition -

You are not standing for the principles of God on this one, you are standing on the principles of someone without honor, someone without the courage to fight and be counted a part of holding fast to their freedom.

People like you fear everything and have no courage whatsoever to be a part of standing up for their country.

You think you are separate, yet you know you are to unite - You drive division and separation, yet you speak peace and the love of Christ -

Using the bible as an excuse to not fight for what is right is blasphemy -

And your dishonor of the brave men and women who have fought for generations is something you will have to answer for....

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am ignorant according to the education of this world, but I am not ignorant of the devices of Satan. I do not have all the parts of the puzzle but I have been able to put a good portion of the picture together through much prayer and study.

Waco, Ruby Ridge, Oklahoma Booming and the Twin Towers Democrat’s and Republican's at work together.

Our Government has declared war with it's own people to bring about "the New World Order". George Bush senior, first American President to speak these word to the people of the United States.

quote:
Until YOU HAVE EARNED YOUR FREEDOM, you have NO RIGHT except what God gives you...

No person has ever "EARNED THEIR FREEDOM". Yahweh give you your Freedom. Weither it be Spiritual Freedom or Government Freedoms of a Earthly Nation.

To take the life of an enemy, to kill them in the Name of Jesus?

Can't see it, Jesus said prayer for your enemies, to do good to them that curse you, pray that the Heavenly Father forgive them even as they kill you.

You need to check and see who's Kingdom you are part of. Are you defending the Kingdom's of this world or the Kingdom of Yahweh. Do you savor the things of this world (love not the world nor the things of this world, for if you do the Love of the Father is not in you.) Or do you Love the Kingdom of Yahweh which is Rom 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=92662&page=1

this link was on many search engines including "Google" but for some reason they disappeared. (I can't guess why?) Maybe the Government does not want people to read it).

They don't want people to ask themselves why if we knew months before the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor, did the President have all the code breaking machines removed from Pearle Harbor?
Why hours before the bombing were all Aircraft ordered to be configured in groups of 4 nose to nose? An order that had never been issued and never given since. Why were all the Aircraft Landing ships ordered away from Pearl Harbor
just days before?

You may say that all this stuff is just coincidence, if so you need to get your head up out of the sand and pray with understanding.

1Th 5:4-6
But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. Therefore let us not sleep, as [do] others; but let us watch and be sober.

--------------------

Favor Minded
unregistered

Comparing the US government to Hitler, no one can be this ignorant...

Since when did killing Jews by the thousands compare to a Marriage license?

As for the mark, you really don't pay much attention to anyone but yourself, or you would know better. I have already stood strongly against these things, and is why my website exists, which, by the way, gets large volumes of traffic these days, praise God!

You are just way too extreme.

It is totally wrong for you to compare Hitler to or current government. You have NO CONCEPT of what it means to be FREE, and you obviously HAVE NEVER SERVED or fought for your country - Just one of those extremists who yells baby killer at everyone, right?

Well I HAVE, and I will thank you to not make such comparisons - Until YOU HAVE EARNED YOUR FREEDOM, you have NO RIGHT except what God gives you...

How can you even begin to make such ignorant comparisons?

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Favor Minded,
I generaly do not mention what I do because we are admonished by Scripture not to do them before men because if we do, we have our reward, but I believe in this one instance the Lord will grant me permission.

For 13 days before the election I entered a total fast and prayed for the election and our leaders and that Yahweh would have mercy on our sin sick Nation. I do not vote, this is not my Kingdom. I am where I am by Yahweh's eternal ordained powers. It is Yahweh that places men or women (women to bring shame upon the people)to bring about His loving kindness or His judgment upon any Nation.

Bush is just as evil as Kerry, Bush is just able to deceive people with his words, but his actions prove his heart is far from Yahweh.

I am begining to believe you just like to argue, no one can be this ignorant. Offence intended.

Do you know who Hitler was?

So you believe the people in Germany who followed Hitler were obeying Yahweh because they were obeying the Laws of the land?

Bonhoeffer stood against the evil of the Government of His day. He was a modern day martyr.
So was the Ten Boone familt and many others who stood against that evil empire.

As did William Tyndale, Martin Luther, John Wycliffe, they walked in all the light they had in their day, that had been given them.

I am non-resistant in my Faith. Meaning I don't believe in fighting with guns against my enemies. I believe in showing love and preaching truth. And if need be go to jail or die for what Yahweh declairs.

OH and by the way their is no Law of man that is binding in marriage. The only binding Law in marriage is in Yahweh. Only Yahweh can declair that 2 become one till death do they part and it be done.

When the Goverment tells you to receive a mark, I guess you will have to go get in line, so you do not disobey them!

--------------------

Favor Minded
unregistered

quote:

When any Government ceases to follow Yahweh, those that belong to Yahweh are commanded to cease from obeying them.

Where did you ever get that idea?

While I can appreciate what these men did, they were from a long time ago - You believe that the same things they were dealing with are prevalent today and therefore Jesus will tell you it is ok to NOT obtain a marriage license, and it is ok to assume that the Government is corrupt so you should not lift them up, or pray for them?

You see, the Word teaches that you are to lift them up, to pray for them, to support them, and ABOVE ALL, obey the laws of the land - To say otherwise is to call the Word a Liar!

Why do you align yourself only with ancient history? What about today?

Do you really think that Jesus is going to tell you well done for slamming the goverment, for calling them Heathens? Do you really think he is going to tell you well done for teaching to disobey the laws of the land concerning marriage and anything else you deem invalid?

Tyndale

Tyndale’s contributions, enshrined in his and subsequent English Bibles, molded the speech of even those who condemned him. The British Library described Tyndale’s New Testament as "the most important printed book in the English language" and paid more than one million pounds for it. Only two complete copies are known to have survived: most were burned or literally read to pieces.

Tyndale was a man of heroic stature and died a martyr’s death. In England alone, more than 1,000 people were burned between 1400 and 1557 for the sake of the Gospel. Tyndale’s books and tracts (or "pestilent glosses" as his enemies referred to them) were smuggled into England wrapped in bales of wool or cloth, or sacks of flour by fellow "Lollards". Had he remained a Catholic priest Tyndale would no doubt have been canonized as a saint, but had he remained a Catholic he would not have attempted to translate the Bible without official sanction. Although the Bible was available in the vernacular in much of Europe, the only version of the Scripture tolerated in England was St. Jerome’s Latin translation which dated back to the 4th century. It was thus a closed book even to most clergymen. Tyndale was determined to make God’s Word accessible to all men.

His "Crimes" -
First: He maintains that faith alone justifies.
Second: He maintains that to believe in the forgiveness of sins and to embrace the mercy offered in the Gospel, is enough for salvation.
Third: He avers that human traditions cannot bind the conscience, except where their neglect might occasion scandal.
Fourth: He denies the freedom of the will.
Fifth: He denies that there is any purgatory.
Sixth: He affirms that neither the Virgin nor the Saints pray for us in their own person.
Seventh: He asserts that neither the Virgin nor the Saints should be invoked by us.

Martin Luther

Martin Luther dealt the symbolic blow that began the Reformation when he nailed his Ninety-Five Theses to the door of the Wittenberg Church. That document contained an attack on papal abuses and the sale of indulgences by church officials.

But Luther himself saw the Reformation as something far more important than a revolt against ecclesiastical abuses. He believed it was a fight for the gospel. Luther even stated that he would have happily yielded every point of dispute to the Pope, if only the Pope had affirmed the gospel.

And at the heart of the gospel, in Luther's estimation, was the doctrine of justification by faith--the teaching that Christ's own righteousness is imputed to those who believe, and on that ground alone, they are accepted by God.

John Wycliffe
John Wycliffe lived almost 200 years before the Reformation, but his beliefs and teachings closely match those of Luther, Calvin and other Reformers. As a man ahead of his time, historians have called Wycliffe the "Morning star of the Reformation."

Born in the 1300s, Wycliffe criticized abuses and false teachings in the Church. In 1382 he translated an English Bible--the first European translation done in over 1,000 years. The Lollards, itinerant preachers he sent throughout England, inspired a spiritual revolution.

But the Lollardy movement was short-lived. The Church expelled Wycliffe from his teaching position at Oxford, and 44 years after he died, the Pope ordered his bones exhumed and burned. Intense persecution stamped out his followers and teachings. It would be hundreds of years before men like Martin Luther resurrected the reforms of which Wycliffe dreamed.

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Favor Minded,

quote:
But then, as I recall, you are the one who says that we don’t need to obey the laws such as Marriage licenses, etc.

You are the one who said that we do not need to obey Heathen Governments, etc.

You think you've a right to stand in judgment of these things, yet you do not.

Jesus was very specific about obeying the laws of the land.

Just because you THINK the Govt. is corrupt that gives you the right to disobey the laws makes you out to be calling Jesus a liar.

You are sta8ing we do not need to obey the law and law makers, because they are heathens.

Have you ever heard of William Tyndale, Martin Luther, John Wycliffe, or maybe Bonhoeffer. To name a few.

These are all examples of men who disobeyed Civil Government as well as the established government of the corrupt apostate Church.

Which of these men do you believe is wrong for what they did.

When any Government ceases to follow Yahweh, those that belong to Yahweh are commanded to cease from obeying them.

The same is true today for those that love the Lord. Wither it is concerning marriage, or Halloween, Easter, or Christmas.

I don’t know about you are anyone else but as for me and my house we will serve the Lord.

To all who read this

Is you Faith in the tradition of men or the Scriptures.

Think about it.

May those with eyes to see, ears to hear and heart to beleive, understand what the Spirit is saying to the Churches.

--------------------

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Gal 6:9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

Don't faint Betty, prove what you beleive. Iron sharpens iron.

Pro 27:17 Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.

Texasgrandma, I do not desire nor am I trying to make you leave this board, but I am trying to provoke you and others to walk a separated life from those of this world.

quote:
Texasgrandma,
The Bible way of Salvation:
Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Confession with the mouth, this is the easy part, you can teach a parrot to confess Jesus is Lord,

The beleiving with the heart, here is where the living the life of Faith through Grace becomes real and separates the sheep from the goats.

Phl 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of [his] good pleasure. Do all things without murmurings and disputings:That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.

Mar 4:17 And have no root in themselves, and so endure but for a time: afterward, when affliction or persecution ariseth for the word's sake, immediately they are offended.

Hbr 10:24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:

Now wait just a minute, I was told works have no place in a Chritians Faith. Here the Apostle Paul says "provoke one another to good works"

Hbr 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some [is]; but exhorting [one another]: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Exhorting one another to do what, doesn't Paul understand one I am saved have nothing to worry about. I have an irrevokable ticket to Heaven as a member of the Kingdom of God??????

Hbr 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

My what ever could the apostle Paul be trying to say???

Hbr 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

Those that oppose the call of separation from this world.

quote:
Favor Minded Their way of teaching and preaching removes "fun" from life, and contrary to popular Legalism doctrine, it is ok to have fun, so, with that said, simply do not allow them to get to you.
I can't speak for WParr, but me and my family and freinds have lot of fun. Camping, setting around a camp fire singing song of praise to Jesus and lifting Him up in our conversations with one another. We have fun doing things for other no matter if they are saved or un saved. We go to the zoo, we hike, we fish, we jump on trampolines, we enjoy life but all the time keeping in mind we are separate from this world. We take no pleasure in the world or the things of this world.

The Scriptures says, True Salvation is in Word and Deed . Not just what we say but what we do.

--------------------

Gramajo320
unregistered

TexasGrandma and Favorminded,

Once again God bless you both for your postings in this thread! Your postings are really appreciated! TexasGrandma please just disregard the one's who post in disagreement with the Christ centered celebrations of holidays. Those of us who choose to do so that is our choice. Their choice not to do so is their choice. You don't have to defend yourself for your choices. Please don't let their postings get you down. You are very welcome on this board and you have a lot to contribute.

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

Favor Minded
unregistered

Easily remedied Texas -

Only converse with the NON Legalists -

simply do not respond or allow BHL or WParr to get to you. If they something you don't like, ignore it.

Their way of teaching and preaching removes "fun" from life, and contrary to popular Legalism doctrine, it is ok to have fun, so, with that said, simply do not allow them to get to you.

If someone else chimes in about trees and such, let 'em -

There are plenty of Christians who know better...

AMEN sister!

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you. I am physically and mentally tired. Either we who celebrate Christmas will be accepted here or I am gone. I can't battle the next two months here about this. I am a state in my health were my defenses are down and I can't come here every day and be told I am going to hell for celebrating Christmas. Either the fight is over or I am gone. It is that simple.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
unregistered

Favorminded and TexasGrandma,

God bless you both for your postings in this thread for they are very much appreciated!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

Favor Minded
unregistered

-

-

-
 -

-

Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bat Elohim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL! Mrs. Betty!

--------------------
Numbers 6:24 May ADONAI bless you and keep you. 25 May ADONAI make his face shine on you and show you his favor. 26 May ADONAI lift up his face toward you and give you peace.

Posts: 704 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Favor.
For some reason this morning, I thought of that comedian and You might be a redneck.

You might be a Christian.........

if you don't buy a Christmas tree
if you don't buy Christmas Cards
if you don't give out halloween candy
if you don't buy your kids Easter candy
(is thanksgiving allowed with these folks

But God says you are a Christian if you accepted Jesus in to your heart and repent from your sins.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Favor Minded
unregistered

AMEN to Both ya'll Grandmas!!
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 20 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Bible way of Salvation:
Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Gal 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Some people here's way.
You shall be saved if you don't
1. have a Christmas tree.
2. Don't go trick or treating
3. Don't celebrate Easter
4. (____________) blank to be filled in with anything else we may decide is wrong.

--------------------

Gramajo320
unregistered

BecauseHeLives,

I pray that as you stand before our Heavenly Father on JUDGEMENT DAY you'll be well prepared to answer for all of your JUDGEMENTAL WAYS! You shall need to be!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gramajo320 ,

I have nothing to do with the occult, in any form. We thew away all the Disney movie because the had Mickey as a Sorcerer on the introduction advertisement at the start of the tapes. I want my home free of every influence that even gives the appearance of evil.

I want to be cleansing my life and leading my family the same way, when Jesus comes back or I day and have to meet him.

I don’t want to be doing anything that isn’t please all the days of my life.

If I am going to err, I am going to err toward Truth. I would rather Him say you did not have to go that far, than to hear Him say you didn’t go far enough. I don’t think I will ever get as far from the world as He want, but I will be found trying.

Do you have any idea how many Christians the Roman Catholic Church killed during just the Spanish inquisition?

Here a little information on the people that gave us Halloween, Easter and Christmas.

The Pope and Forgiveness?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings everyone in the last hours of history... I would like to share with you a few thoughts in regards to the Pope's "Mea Culpa" on March 12,2000. First however, I would like to share this article that came out March 7, 2000. See if you notice anything strange in what the Vatican released to the press. Is this going to be the general direction for the March 12 'confession?' If so, I am sure some Catholics will look upon this as the last straw. I say "some" simply because it appears most seem to ignore all that the Vatican does so bluntly before the eyes of man. Why is this? Catholicism is actually designed to cause the flock to ignore the obvious. Hence, they teach the Bible is a dead letter.

POPE TO ASK FORGIVENESS FOR PAST FAULTS OF CHURCH'S CHILDREN

VATICAN CITY, MAR 7 (ZENIT.org).- On March 12, the first Sunday of Lent, John Paul II will publicly ask the Lord's forgiveness for past and present faults of the children of the Church. ...This morning, Bishop Piero Marini, Pontifical Master of Ceremonies, explained the meaning of this Day of Forgiveness in the Vatican Press Office. He explained that "in all generations the holiness of the Church has shined forth, witnessed by an incalculable number of her children; nonetheless, the Church suffers from the contradiction of the presence of sin, which has continued to weigh down in the road of the people of God. ...For the first time in history, John Paul II will confess the sins committed by Christians through the centuries." ...Specifically, he will admit the sins committed in the service of truth: intolerance and violence against dissidents; religious wars; violence and abuses of the Crusades; and violent methods of the Inquisition. ...The Holy Father will also express the repentance of Christians for the sins committed in relation to the people of Israel: contempt, acts of hostility, and silences.-ZE00030709

The Vatican is openly stating in the above article that the tortures and murders of well over 150 million believers of Jesus Christ were done by CHRISTIANS! Regardless of the well documented Historic fact that these are the acts of the Hirearchy of Rome itself. This is nothing new for Rome. This obvious hatred of Christians is evident in many areas documented throughout History. I recall one very graphic admission of this hatred once "slipped" out on OakLawn Illinois Cable TV Channel #51 "Catholic Television" 11:00 a.m. May 5-2-95 when A Roman Catholic priest made the statement for all the viewing area to hear. He said, "FELLOW BELIEVERS STONED STEPHEN" Nevertheless, as any true believer in Biblcal truths realize, NEVER did a TRUE follower of Jesus Christ ever step forward in all the 1260 prophetic years (538ad to 1798ad) of this Beast's first reign to kill a single Christian. Yet we see the Vatican is declaring that all that occured was the "...faults of Christians" and "..sins committed by Christians" in this Global media blitz of the Beast. Is it not written, "...they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ." (1Peter 3:16) You do realize that to say "Christians" did these horrendeous acts is actually proclaiming in loud prophetic tones all throughout the World that FOLLOWERS OF JESUS ARE EVIL! That way all those thinking of entertaining the gentle nudge of the Holy Spirit upon them, now have additional reasons to seek "another Gospel." One that doesn't torture, maime and kill as do these...these...CHRISTIANS! PLUS... Keep in mind the Beast is also doing what he has always done best. He is lying about Jesus and His children. For Jesus said, "the gates of hell shall not prevail against" His church in Matthew 16:18 To say "Christians" did these acts is to openly say Jesus lied when He said Hell would not prevail against His own! For it is obvious is it not? Hell HAS prevailed against Catholicism. In fact, it is Hells masterpiece!

Another aspect to this "so called" confession juts forth as well. The Pope is shouting to all the World that these horrendous torturous acts are the, "...faults of the children of the Church." That's right! The Roman Catholic Church is blaiming its very own flock for the tortures and murders of all the true Christians during the Great Tribulation of the 1260 prophetic years. Regardless of the fact that History overwhelmingly records that it was the Jesuits and hirearchy of Rome that did these acts of Hell. History books all over the planet prove quite well that this Pope is spouting bold face lies, especially when he utters, "...in all generations the holiness of the Church has shined forth." Holiness? Is it considered holy to torture and kill 150 million Children of the Living God simply because they won't bow down to the Idols of Rome? Is it holy to skin men alive in front of their wives and children? Is it holy to boil people in oil before all those they love? Is it holy to rip arms and legs off of mommies and daddies in front of their children so as to assure the children will denounce Jesus Christ and accept the "WAFER" as Jesus Christ incarnate? Is it holy to bury entire families alive? Is it?!

"The Catholic Church has persecuted ... when she thinks it is good to use physical force she will use it... Will the Catholic Church give bond that she will not persecute?... The Catholic Church gives no bonds for her *good behaviour*." -Western Watchman, Dec. 24, 1908

It appears the Catholic church does indeed believe to torture, maime and kill is a "holy act" eh? Fact is, the Inquisition that has just been re-born, thanks to John Paul II. This is the very office that was responsible for an innumerable amount of Christians tortured and killed all over the world. Yet, the article only says they seek forgivenes for the, "...violent methods of the Inquisition." Not one murder is mentioned! Out of 150 million documented dead, NOT ONE was spoken of?! Did they die in vain? Not according to the Creator. And soon, VERY soon they will be vindicated by that very same Creator. If they seek to deny the well hidden facts of history that's one thing. But what of the obvious and well publicised link between Hitler and Pope Pius XII? Yet again, John Paul II blaims followers of Jesus Christ for the murders of over 6 million Jews when he spews that is it necessary for, "...the repentance of Christians for the sins committed in relation to the people of Israel" Again, this Pope is blaiming Christians for murders IT has performed along with Hitler. Pope Pius XII knew what Hitler was up to! Fact is, Israel is right now openly requesting the Vatican to release the facts concerning this...

JEWS CHALLENGE VATICAN OVER HOLOCAUST

British Jews have called upon the Vatican to change its policy and open up its records on the Holocaust. The call, by the chairman of the Holocaust Educational Trust, follows an apology by the Pope for Catholic's mistreatment of people of other faiths. Lord Janner said the Pope's speech - part of a unprecedented Day of Pardon Mass - was "worthy and generous." However he urged the Vatican to follow others in being open about the Nazi era. -The Belfast Berean 2000 [http://come.to/thebelfastberean] NEWSDESK 2000

Do you suppose the Pope will release such graphic facts that prove the Roman Church was involved in the Hitler Holocaust? Don't count on it! That would be TOO factual. It is better for the Vatican to blaim its own flock so as not to diminish the goals of Antichrist. The ONE WORLD CHURCH must go forth! The papers must be signed June 26, 2000 in the same motel room as were the UN papers in 1945! And the trailing denominations of today must be convinced that the Roman Church is a good church. So, how did the Vatican respond to the request of the Jews? How did the Pope answer the request of the Jews in regards to Pope Pius XII and his right hand man Hitler?

ISRAEL SHOULD APOLOGISE FOR ITS CRIMES

Wed Mar 15,2000 -- The Palestinian representative to the Vatican called on Israel Tuesday to apologise to the Palestinians in the same way Pope John Paul II begged for forgiveness for crimes the Catholic Church committed against Jews. ...He said Israel should recognise its own wrongs against the Palestinian people, millions of whom were made homeless after the creation of the Jewish state in 1948.-Weekend News Today By Andra Brack Source:Jordan Times

The very next day, it appears the Pope is totally ignoring the request to make public the Vatican files that confirm what History has already openely recorded in text as well as photographic evidence. The factual allegiance of Rome and Hitler. The spin doctors of Rome are now shoving the plate back over the table to the Jews. And not even a balanced plate at that. The Jewish nation wants the records released on 6 million MURDERS held in the Vatican and the Vatican compares that to people made "homeless" by the state of Israel planting her prophetic roots. They boldly refuse to answer Israel's request just as Saul refused to admit his sin. In short, they make their own counter request! Does the Vatican think a "picture" is not worth a thousand words? Do they not realize that such graphic evidence has already been made public regarding this very fact? It's everywhere! There have been numerous books and articles written over the last few decades in regards to this historic event. In fact, take a look at this page, http://www.reformation.org/inquisit.html Scroll down and see the photographs of the Pope and his best friend Adolph Hitler. Also notice that more than one Pope was actually involved here. That's right! In a photo of the Signing of the Concordat in Germany recognizing Catholicism as the "ONLY RELIGION ALLOWED IN GERMANY" is Cardinal Pacelli who is later to become Pope Pius XII. Plus you also see the little known Vatican prelate, Montini, who is later to become Pope Paul VI. ALL at the same table of agreement with Hitler and his blood thirsty pals! One question... Is this Popes "fake apology" and obvious side stepping of the truth about Hitler going to stir happiness in the hearts of those he seeks his "peace" with?

ARREST FOR CURSE ON POPE;
Youths Throw Rocks At Palestinian Police

JERUSALEM (CWNews.com) - Israeli police on Wednesday arrested an ultra-Orthodox Jew for placing a death curse on Pope John Paul II, similar to a curse placed on slain Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin before his assassination in 1995. ...hundreds of Palestinian youths threw stones at Palestinian Authority police after the Holy Father visited a refugee camp today. Witnesses said police tried to push back curious onlookers and beat several of them with batons. In response, the crowd threw stones at the police, highlighting increasing discontent with PLO leader Yasser Arafat's rule. After the initial clash died down, others tried to smash the police barricades set up for the papal visit. Hundreds of protesters marched in the streets as demonstrators and police alike fired shots in the air.

JEW CAST MORTAL CURSE ON POPE AHEAD OF ISRAEL VISIT
Updated 7:17 PM ET March 20, 2000 JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Ultra-Orthodox Jews pronounced a mortal curse against Pope John Paul in footage aired by Israel Channel Two Television on Tuesday, hours before the Pontiff's arrival for an historic Holy Land pilgrimage.

Police are on alert for the six-day-long papal visit to Israel and Palestinian-ruled Bethlehem beginning on Tuesday evening. Security forces have placed special emphasis on curbing the activities of Jewish militants. The midnight rite, which the television said was enacted on Thursday in a cemetery in the northern Israel town of Safed, recalled rabbinical curses cast on Yitzhak Rabin prior to his 1995 assassination by a right-wing religious Jew opposed to the then-prime minister's peace moves. Participants in the ceremony, sounding ritual calls on ceremonial ram's horns, cursed the Pope as a "hater of Israel."

Not likely eh?

...Adolph Hitler said "As for the Jews, I am just carrying on with the same policy which the Catholic Church has adopted for 1500 years.....when it regarded the Jews as dangerous and pushed them into ghettos, etc., because it knew what the Jews were like..." Because of the Council of Trent, laws were set forth to establish who was a heretic and history shows us that the Vatican legally slaughtered "heretics" to cleanse the Land of Christians and Jews. As the Second Vatican Council commenced in 1963, Pope John XXIII declared, "I do accept entirely all that has been decided and declared at the Council of Trent" this includes the 100 or so anathema's against Bible Christians.

...The truth is that the teachings of the Council of Trent, made the Inquisition & Holocaust possible and these teachings are still being used to kill Bible Christians all over the world even today. Adolph Hitler was never excommunicated as a Catholic for his crimes against the Jews. Instead, the Vatican considered him to be a hero. Hitler, Mussolini and Franco were backed by the Vatican and this is what a Catholic newspaper in Spain said about Hitler the day he died:- "Adolph Hitler, son of the Catholic Church, died while defending Christianity. [Roman Catholicism] It is therefore understandable that words cannot be found to lament over his death, when so many were found to exalt his life. Over his moral remains stands his victorious moral figure, with the palm of the martyr; God gives Hitler the laurels of victory."

The world media is very pro-Catholic and Bible Christians are portrayed as narrow minded bigots and people believe their can't be another Inquisition. They say Rome has changed sure Vatican II changed everything. Sorry not so they have claimed to have made tremendous changes, but its the same system under a new coat of paint. The Pope is portrayed as a man of peace however the Scriptures warn that Antichrist will by peace destroy many.

The truth is that Rome is secretly planning another Inquisition they are getting their people into powerful positions history is being re-written and covered up. Because of the popular roman false teaching that the church has replaced the nation of Israel as the true people of God, and that God has no more dealings with the Jews, it will make it even easier for Satan through the Vatican to stir up more violent aggressive anti-Semitism. And who will care enough to resist them? -The Belfast Berean 2000 [http://come.to/thebelfastberean] NEWSDESK 2000

Hitler himself admits that the "Vatican legally slaughtered "heretics" to cleanse the Land of Christians and Jews. "LEGALLY SLAUGHTERED Christians and Jews? Legally? What did Jesus say again so prophetically accurate? He said, "They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service." (John 16:2) Is it any wonder why someone spray painted a cross pointing to a swastika as its definition on the Popes launchpad before his arrival? And is it any wonder ALL the news channels made sure everyone saw that prophetically blasphemous grafitti? The goal of Rome is to make the TRUE CHRISTIAN appear horrendeous and evil unto all the other faiths of the world ESCPECIALLY Jerusalem so as to snuff out any chance of true conversion to Jesus Christ. It appears MANY of the worlds Religions do in fact believe that Christians ARE evil eh? You can thank Rome and their best friend Adolph for this Evangelism nightmare!

The Vatican excommunicates it's own flock when the Holy Spirit gets a hold on them and they decide to proclaim Biblical Truths. However, notice this if you will. Hitler as well as the Popes, Cardinals, Bishops and Priests that aided in the LEGAL "slaughter of Christians and Jews" will not be excommunicated. Now do you understand why child molesting Priests like Rudolph "Rudy" Kos, who was sentenced to life in prison for molesting four altar boys over 1350 times between 1981 and 1992 was NEVER excommunicatd from the Roman Catholic Church? That particular lawsuit cost the Vatican 130 MILLION dollars! Yet, he was never excommunicated. Did you also notice this article actually hits on a prophetic fact? The article stated, "The truth is that Rome is secretly planning another Inquisition..." Fact is people THAT'S CORRECT! Do you recall the article I shared with you that was released in February of 1991 to the media declaring Pope John Paul has reinsititued the Inquistion? I still have the article posted on the "Current events" page. Just do a page search for the "Holy Office" article and there it is. So, did the Vatican do as they released they would do on March 7? Did the Pope blaim his own flock as was revealed he would do?

SIN IS PART OF CHURCH'S HISTORY

VATICAN CITY, MAR 7 (ZENIT.org).- ...CARDINAL JOSPEH RATZINGER. The Bavarian Cardinal was presenting the document, "Memory and Reconciliation: The Church and the Faults of the Past," written by the International Theological Commission. Mentioning events in the Old and New Testaments, the Cardinal said, "Our history is one of rebellions and sins, we do not ask for forgiveness to condemn others, but to know ourselves and to open to our brothers."-ZE00030708

Did you notice this comment...? "we do not ask for forgiveness to condemn others, but to know ourselves and to open to our brothers." His comments are geared for one purpose only. To enact a global group hug that will allow for a greater flow of worldly denominations into his "UR" United Religions one world church. That's right people! The Beast will have his one world church as of June 26, 2000.

JOHN PAUL'S MEA CULPA

...The church, however, is not exactly admitting guilt the sweeping apology is for human sins by the church’s sons and daughters, not by the church itself." -MSNBC Staff and Wire Reports - March 11, 2000:

How blunt can you get? It's reported that it's not the "Church" that has done this. It was it's sons and daughters of the church that did these horrendous acts that resulted in the deaths of well over 150 MILLION Christians. What amazes me is that MOST Catholics I share with are unaware of such openly prophetic and bold statements such as these. And when I try to share these documented facts with them, most of them choose to see me as a liar instead. PRAY for them!

POPE SOLEMNLY ASKS FORGIVENESS FOR PAST FAULTS OF CHURCH'S CHILDREN
VATICAN CITY, MAR 12 (ZENIT.org).- ...Vietnamese Archbishop François Xavier Nguyên Van Thuân, president of the Pontifical Council for Justice and Peace, encouraged confession of sins in the area of fundamental rights of the human person: abuses against children, marginalisation of the poor, suppression of the unborn in the maternal womb or their use for experimentation... ZE00031207

ABORTIONS? Does this now prove what this ministry as well as many others have been preaching in regards to the lying Popes who proclaim "abortion is never done by the hand of Rome?" In fact, I do praise the Almighty for what has occured over the last week. Why? For 15 years I have been preaching about certain hellish acts that Rome has been doing. And all the while EVERY Catholic child I come across has declared that which I preach as a lie. Now we see this is not the case. I wonder... How many recall that which was said to them so long ago? PRAY for them too!

'SADDENED' POPE ASKS FORGIVENESS FOR THE PAST

...Catholics at times "have not been faithful to the greatc commandment of love, sullying in this way the face of the

Church," the pope said during a solemn Day of Pardon Mass in St. Peter's Basilica in Rome March 12. ...The pope asked God's forgiveness for violence by Christians "in the service of the truth." The allusion was to the burning of heretics at the stake during the Inquisition, slaughter of Muslims during the Crusades, and the forced conversions of native peoples, such as when Spanish conquistadors rampaged through the jungles of the New World. ...John Paul confessed the hostility of some Catholics toward followers of other religions, and asked forgiveness for the divisions among various branches of Christianity. ...John Paul appears to be "trying to reconfigure the Church's thinking to confront a global reality" that Catholicism will, for the foreseeable future, "remain one faith among many, Christian and non-Christian, with which it must coexist," Time magazine said. "In many ways, it's an intensely personal mission of a pontiff nearing the end of his life." -by the Editors of ReligionToday March 14, 2000

There you have it! First he blames his own flock by stating, "...Catholics at times "have not been faithful to the great commandment of love, sullying in this way the face of the Church," And then his true agenda springs forth within the article. He openly wants as the Beast desires. A GLOBAL CHURCH! Still not convinced? Well...these Churches are...

GERMAN PROTESTANTS SAY PAPAL "MEA CULPA" HELPS UNITY
BERLIN, MAR 15 (ZENIT-AVVENIRE).- "Words worthy of the greatest respect and gratitude," was the reaction of the German Evangelical Church (EKD) to John Paul II's "mea culpa" last Sunday. The EKD represents 28 million German Protestants and, at the international level, is one of the most important manifestations of the Reformation. Rev. Manfred Kock, its leader, had a substantially positive reaction to the act.-- The impression is given, however, that the "mea culpa" pronounced by the Pope not only affects Catholics, but the whole of Christianity. In this connection, John Paul II would already have carried out on this occasion the function of "symbolic unitary figure."

POPE PRAYS FOR FORGIVENESS FOR SINS OF CATHOLIC CHURCH

Pope John Paul II on Sunday asked for forgiveness for many of his church's past sins, including its treatment of Jews, heretics, women and native peoples. .... http://CNN.com/2000/WORLD/europe/03/12/pope.apology.02/index.html

The term "heretic" still rings with great furvor from this Pope mouth. Even though he seeks forgivness of what he says "HIS FLOCK" did. He still considers those that were killed as HERETICS today! And why? Because this is the office of the Beast people. And this very fact is about to come very clear to all very soon. Case in point...

The archbishop of St. Louis said: "Heresy and unbelief are crimes; and in Christian countries, as in Italy and Spain, for instance, where all people are Catholics, and where the catholic reigion is an essential part of the law of the land, they are punished as crimes." ... "Every cardinal, archbishop, and bishop in the Catholic Church takes an oath of allegiance to the pope, in which occur the following words" "Heretic, schismatics, and rebels to our said lord (the pope), or his aforesaid successors, I will to my utmost persecute and oppose." [Josiah Strong, "Our Country," ch. 5, pars 2-4.]

HEADLINE of the~ Daily Independent 4-11-98 -Sara Maitland "On the issues of belief"

IF WE BELIEVE RELIGION IS TRUE, WE SHOULD BE REINTRODUCING A CRIMINAL PENALTY FOR THOSE WHO FAIL TO ATTEND CHURCH ON SUNDAY

NATIONAL ISSUE: One Court For All The World?

A United Nationas meeting in Rome is wrapping up five weeks of work on a proposed international criminal court. The new court would have worldwide jurisdiction and could investigate, indict, hold, try, and punish, those who committed certain crimes. The proposed international court would subject Americans to a new world authority... "Were talking about creating here something that exercises genuine power, real put-people-in-jail power, but that is responsible to no one but itself." said Lee Casey, a constituational lawyer with the washington firm of Hunton & Williams. [Investment Business Daily, Thursday July 16, 1998 Los Angeles, California]

RATIFICATION OF INTERNATIONAL CRIMINAL COURT
Since 120 nations voted at the Rome Conference to adopt the International Criminal Court Statue, it seems certain that the required ratification by 60 national parliments will be easily obtained. This means that the World Criminal Court will probably begin operation in 1999. Every person on earth would then be vulnerable to prosecution and conviction before this world court system without the protection of our long-cherished constitutional safegaurds and the Bill of Rights. [Prophecy Update, Jan/Feb. 1999]

FINALIZATION OF THE UNITED RELIGIONS CHARTER
The Charter of the United Religions Organization is presently undergoing it's final review. The completed charter will be officially adopted at the annual meeting of the United Religions that will be held in June of 1999. This will pave the way for the signing of the United Religions Constitution on June 26, 2000. This document will be signed in the same hotel and the same room in which the UN Charter was signed on June 26, 1945. [Prophecy Update, Jan/Feb. 1999]

CHURCHES AGREE THAT POPE HAS OVERALL AUTHORITY
THE Pope was recognised as the overall authority in the Christian world by an Anglican and Roman Catholic commission yesterday which described him as a "gift to be received by all the Churches". ...if a new united Christian Church was created it would be the 'Bishop of Rome who would exercise a universal primacy. The 43-page document, The Gift of Authority, has been produced by the 18-member Anglican-Roman Catholic International Commission, after five years of debate. The commission concluded that the Bishop of Rome had a "specific ministry concerning the discernment of truth" and accepted that only the Pope had the moral authority to unite the various Christian denominations Mark Birchall, a member of the Church of England Evangelical council, said: "It speaks as if the Bishop of Rome has always been on the side of the angels while it is well known that for several centuries past the Bishop of Rome was certainly not." The Rt Rev Cormac Murphy-O'Connor, Bishop of Arundel and Brighton and the other co-chairman, added: "The primacy of the Pope is a gift to be shared. -May 13, 1999 Oliver Poole http://www.freerepublic.com/ -Electronic Telegraph-UK News

IT'S TIME FOR RELIGIONS TO MERGE OR BUST!
...the great religions MUST be amalgamated. A series of TAKEOVERS is required. The breakup of Christianity should be reversed. The Church of Rome should join hands with that of Constantinople. The rest - Episcopalians, Methodists, Baptists, Seventh-day Adventist should be COAXED IN! The Daily Advance Sunday Jan 4, 1998. Article by Joe Rogally, "The Financial Times"

It certainly appears the THREE FROGS (Revelation 16:13) are NOW jumping on the same lilly pad eh? What "protestants" protested in the not so distant past, they are now EMBRACING just as prophecy said they would! "...and all the world wondered after the beast. "-Revelation 13:3

VATICAN: "GLOBAL ECONOMY SHOULD BENEFIT EVERYONE"
MILAN, MAY 5 (ZENIT).- "It is an important step forward, but this measure alone is not enough." This is the authoritative view of Bishop Diarmuid Martin, secretary of the Pontifical Council for Justice and Peace, who represented the Holy See at the recent meeting of the International Monetary Fund in Washington, where a reduction of the foreign debt of poor countries was approved. "The global economy must be 100% global and must include everyone. With the consequent exclusion of moral evil and the inclusion of the economic good. In order to create a new world architecture it is imperative to have coherence among economic, political and social policies. Otherwise, if the third factor is missing, it will be a crooked construction."

FIRST A ONE WORLD CHURCH, THEN A ONE WORLD COURT, THEN A ONE WORLD GOVT, NOW A ONE WORLD MONEY? Can it be any more blunt that the Antichrist in the Vatican has one mission? WORLD DOMINATION! NOW do you see why the Pope "faked" the March 12 confession? That group hug the NEXT POPE will enforce needs this P.R. work done NOW for it to be effective! It's ALL prophetically sound. And how will this be enforced you ask?

HOLY OFFICE STILL EXISTS
~Pope John Paul II Revives Inquisition

The thought of a revived Holy Office of the Inquisition would pacify some and offend others. Nevertheless, the "Holy Office" still exists. Only it's name has been changed. Pope John Paul II has been instrumental in its revival. One may argue that this Ratzinger run agency is merely an attempt by the Catholic Church to root out communism or backslidden priests and their practices. However, with John Paul II's objective to implement "God's mandate" by creating a global church-state which will administer from traditional Roman Catholic theology, is enough cause for alarm. Malachi Martin has already stated in his book, "The Keys of this Blood," that the pope will not tolerate any belief systems that oppose his, not on a civil or church level. In John Paul II the world will behold a tyrant who will coldly execute direct orders against those whom he deems are heretics or immoral. Moreover, like his papal predecessors, John Paul II will carry out his "Godly mandate" in the name of Christ, or perhaps Mary. May God help us all. -By Kathleen R. Hayes Feb 1991, NRI Trumpet Page 3

FUNDAMENTALISTS WRONG ABOUT BIBLE, VATICAN SAYS
Vatican City (AP)-- A new Vatican document on how to interpret the Bible condemns the fundamentalist approach of word-for-word literalism as distorting, dangerous and possibly leading to racism. --Associated Press

The wound is almost healed, the inquisition is now REVIVED, and it is here to "pacify" those that speak out against all that the Roman Church teaches. And yes, it does "offend" many. Do you suppose the killings will begin again? Do you suppose the Roman Church would think it is "good behaviour" to kill Christians? Do you suppose you will be commiting a HATE CRIME when you speak as the Bible declares you must speak in regards to this accurtately exposed prophetic Beast? And do you see the tag "RACIST", "HATEMONGER", HERETIC", or "CATHOLIC BASHER" stamped upon your chest as the "legal" reason you stand before the one world court system in Rome?

"The Catholic Church has persecuted ... when she thinks it is good to use physical force she will use it... Will the Catholic Church give bond that she will not persecute?... The Catholic Church gives no bonds for her *good behaviour*." -Western Watchman, Dec. 24, 1908 (emphasis added)

CATHOLIC PRIEST APPOINTED HOUSE CHAPLAIN FOR FIRST TIME IN NATION'S HISTORY
House Speaker Dennis Hastert on Thursday appointed the first Roman Catholic priest ever to serve as House chaplain after earlier passing over another Catholic candidate in a move that created a political firestorm. http://CNN.com/2000/ALLPOLITICS/stories/03/23/chaplain.cnn/index.html

Finally... does it appear they have all their ducks in a row?

Are you ready? Are you sure?

--------------------

Gramajo320
unregistered

BecauseHeLives,

I am totally apalled with your posting and I find it to be absolutely distateful! Do you not realize how Satan is using you and how much you are allowing him to do so! Doesn't that bother you in the very least? You are a stumbling block to others, you are judgemental, and on JUDGMENT DAY you have just ever so much to answer for as you stand before our Heavenly Father!!

It's terribly wrong and distateful to even have anything to do with the occult or anything like it! You need to open your eyes and take a very good look at yourself and then ask our Lord Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father for their mercy!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 12 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
message taken good bye [Wink]

--------------------

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

According to you all I guess John the Baptist was a legalist and lost his head for nothing. People hated Stephen's message so much they gnashed (chewed) on him with their teeth and then stoned him to death.

I only have love for you all that you might turn from the ways of this world to the living Christ.

Texas Grandma, the same could be said to you, you have made your point. So why continue to come back for more.

quote:
When you become so legalistic you are no longer having a salvation through faith but a salvation of works.
When is the last time you all looked at Hebrews 11 (read and study it, pray that you might receive light)

Faith or Trusting in what Yeshua says, will always has corresponding action, faith (if you have no action (works) you have no Faith (James 2:17-26) (Hebrews 11)

I know only a few will be saved, and I know I am among the few with the message Yahweh has given me.

Please define the love of the world and a love of the things of this world.

I have been in Wal Mart, and other department stores. I know what make this world tic.

Months before Halloween they get set for the people of the world to come in and load up.

Months before Easter they do the same

Months before Christmas they do the same,

He came to the world but they knew Him not.

If you love this world or the things of this world the love of the Father is not in you. Jesus said that not me.

Few will be saved, Jesus said that, and those that will be saved will be those that are separating themselves from this world.

Grace through Faith saves you

Grace is an action word. (Grace is good will, loving-kindness, favor of the merciful kindness by which God, exerting his holy influence upon souls, turns them to Christ, keeps, strengthens, increases them in Christian faith, knowledge, affection, and kindles them to the exercise of the Christian virtues

what is due to grace

the spiritual condition of one governed by the power of divine grace, the token or proof of grace, a gift of grace, benefit, bounty

Faith is an action word. (Faith is conviction of the truth of anything, belief; in the NT of a conviction or belief respecting man's relationship to God and divine things, generally with the included idea of trust and holy fervor born of faith and joined with it relating to God. The conviction that God exists and is the creator and ruler of all things, the provider and bestower of eternal salvation through Christ relating to Christ.

Eph 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Works, man effort to save himself, trying to become good enough to be worth of the precious Blood of Jesus.

Faith is mans action (works), because Yahweh’s Grace (the Father's ability to live right)is now in him.

Without Faith it is impossible to please the Father. I will never stop in the pursuit of telling the Truth till Yahweh says shake the dust off your feet.

And Roman Catholicism, there is no love in anyone that would allow someone they know to remain in that pit of Hell and not try to bring them out.

--------------------

Gramajo320
unregistered

Bat Elihom,

Your prayers for my uncle are very much appreciated!

Yes! We all need to pray for the lost and win their souls to Jesus Christ while there is still time!

God bless you and your family! Also God bless everyone!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bat Elohim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes! I will definitely pray for him. I try to pray for the lost every night. Every morning I pray that I can be a witness to the lost and an encouragement for those who are struggling.

--------------------
Numbers 6:24 May ADONAI bless you and keep you. 25 May ADONAI make his face shine on you and show you his favor. 26 May ADONAI lift up his face toward you and give you peace.

Posts: 704 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
unregistered

Bat Elohim,

Once again I thank you very much for your wonderful posting! I've really enjoyed reading it!

Yes it is disheartning to read some of the postings of discord, name calling, and judgement against those of us who choose to celebrate Christ centered holidays. My family and extended family also love the holidays for not only is it Christ centered it is a time of joy, love, and sharing with one another and also sharing with others in our community.
Our mission for all of us is not only to follow our Lord Jesus Christ but to win the souls of non believers for our Lord Jesus Christ. There is so very much to do in a very short time!

Your son is a great little witness. Please remember though that you too are a great witness to your family by actions and that is so true of all of us. I have some wonderful grandsons and enjoy visiting with all of them and their parents!
My youngest grandson is also a great witness for Jesus Christ as is his dad and mom! That's not to say that the other boys don't witness for Jesus Christ - it's just that my youngest grandson shares about those whose souls have been to Jesus Christ.

I was raised in the church but sadly I admit I got away from it for quite awhile. Happily though I came back to it! I cannot do anything on my own - I must have our Lord Jesus Christ, our Heavenly Father, and the Holy Spirit leading and guiding me each and every day!

I have an uncle who is an aetheist and we're all praying for him to come to the knowledge that he needs to accept Jesus Christ as his Lord and Saviour before it's too late. Through the years various members of my family tried talking to him but he refused to listen. I tried to talk to him about it one day last week but he didn't want to hear it. However when I told him I was praying for him he said "thank you." So please would you also pray for him? Thanking you in advance for your prayers!

God bless you and your family!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

thanks Gramajo320 [Smile]

it hurts my heart to see all this arguing over trivial stuff when there are lost souls out there that don't know the truth. Or worse, know the truth, but see us arguing all the time and don't want to be a part of it.

I love the holidays, they are special to me now because they are centered around Christ. I grew up atheist and holidays to us were just a day off of school and a time to get presents. Now it means so much more to me.

It is especially wonderful to hear my son tell his cousins at Christmas that we are celebrating the birth of Christ, even though it isn't really His birthday! Cause even my atheist sister asked him when Christ's birth was and he told her it was during the Feast of "tents" LOL!

To me that makes it even better because I can't witness to my family, but my son, in his innocence, can. This gives me joy, but I know that my Saviour is even happier!

--------------------

Gramajo320
unregistered

To those of you who have posted your opposition to the celebrating of holidays:

Our Lord Jesus Christ we celebrate His birth with a Christ centered celebration of Christmas.

Easter we celebrate our Lord Jesus Christ's arising from the dead and the knowledge and faith that He will return for us!

Halloween is a harvest celebration giving children the opportunity to play games and receive candy in a safe environment and it's a great opportunity to win souls of non believers to Jesus Christ!

These celebrations are in NO WAY ASSOCIATED WITH PAGANISM! If you do not wish to celebrate that is your perogative. Just please discontinue judging those who choose to celebrate in a Jesus Christ centered way!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

Gramajo320
unregistered

Bat Elohim,

God bless you for your great posting! It is very much appreciated!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo 320

Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

BHL ~ I truely believe that Yah'shua was born during Succoth and I celebrate His birth during that time. But I also celebrate with my Christian brothers and sisters at Christmas. We do not mix pagan and truth together. At my church, the sole focus of Christmas is Christ. We have a christmas tree that is covered in angels and crosses and miniture bibles. There is a nativity scene set up and everything.

Wparr and BHL ~~ don't judge your fellow believers. Yahweh knows their hearts and knows every thought and judges them accordingly. Your warnings have been heard. Focus your energies to save the lost, not to cause the saved to stumble.
now... I know of a website that you will both love! my friend, Rabbi Daniel, is a Messianic Jew and his teachings are fabulous! Much of what you have shared so far are very similar to what he teaches.
http://groups.msn.com/TheEliyahMessage
This is his website. This is not a place for baby christians to go. His teachings are hard to understand sometimes and take a lot of research to prove or dis-prove. I have not been able to dis-prove any of them, but during my studies to try (cause I couldn't believe some of the stuff he was saying) I found that his lessons were correct.
Also, BHL, he believes about the Catholic Church the same as you. But he too only focuses on the Church as a whole, not on individuals.
That, to me, is the same as non-believers judging Christianity as a whole when they hear about a pastor or preacher stealing, lying, or commiting some sexual sin.
We are all human. We will not be judged as a whole, we will be judged individually.
Blessings and Shalom.

--------------------

wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People, including most Christians, do not like being confronted with truth.

The "Church" is sooo steeped in tradition that they won't deal with truth.

I came out of new age and witch craft (wicca)and you WON'T see me celebrating helloween, puting up a xmass tree (study the history of the lighted tree and yule log) or saying "happy easter" on Resurection Sunday.

Do you people NOT read God's Word???
He abhors mixing pagan rituals and worship with Worship of Him.
How many times in the Old Testament did He pour His wrath on Isreal for blending their beliefs, traditions, and worship with pagans????

Where is The FEAR of the LORD God Almighty in "the church" today????

We are called to BE salt and light, not be polluted and contaminated.

We are to be IN the world but NOT OF the world.

We are to impact, not be impacted.

WAKE UP BRIDE OF CHRIST

YASHUA, OUR GROOM IS COMING SOON

Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
unregistered

BecauseHeLives,

You are absolutely JUDGEMENTAL! Our Heavenly Father did NOT appoint you to be the judge of everyone's heart! You are so WRONG in presuming that you know everyone's heart! It's time for you to EXAMINE YOUR OWN HEART AND SOUL AND ASK YOURSELF "WHY AM I SO JUDGEMENTAL!" Only our Heavenly Father is to do that and it's time for you to realize that!

In Christ's Love,
Gramajo320

Favor Minded
unregistered

A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A LEGALIST

"I am amazed that you are so quickly deserting Him who called you by the grace of Christ, for a different gospel;" Galatians 1:6

Have you ever swam in the ocean and been so distracted with the waves that you forgot to keep your eyes on the shore? It doesn’t take long before we can slowly drift down the beach without even realizing it, does it?

Legalism works the same way. It seeks to distract us from dependence and trust in Jesus to trusting in our performance. It comes at us at a hundred miles per hour, all day, everyday. It doesn’t jerk you abruptly over into its clutches. Instead, legalism slowly, almost imperceptibly, pulls us under until one day we turn around and we’ve lost sight of the shore.

A day in the life of a legalist is filled with trying to become and never arriving! He seems not to know that Christ means the end of the struggle for righteousness by the law for everyone who believes in Him so he fights bravely and hopelessly on!

Dwelling in a perpetual winterland of barrenness, where the cold blasts of condemnations and despair chill his soul, he rarely sees the sunlight of God’s love and acceptance! Clouds of doubt and fear overcast the Father’s face, which he imagines to be more critical than compassionate, frowning than forgiving.

A legalist’s day is usually joyless, lifeless, drab, and bound. He is slave to rules: what to eat, drink, wear, and where of where not to go. His life is nearly unbearable! Vainly thinking that doing will achieve being. He forgets that God says, “be ye holy.” Holy living flows out of holy being, but evidently he does not understand, so he strives and struggles to lay hold of righteousness that is forever beyond his reach!
Bible reading, praying, giving, and witnessing are usually looked upon as obligations rather than joyous opportunities for the building and exercising of his faith.

The pharisaical straitjacket he wears fails to make him holy and also fails to make him look like he is, so he is deprived of the joy of true holiness! (Allowing Christ to live His life through him.)

What is a day in the life of a legalist really like? Well, it usually bleak and troubled, self-righteous, or arrogant: it depends on his stance.

Mean or miserable, oppressive or oppressed, he cannot rejoice in a right relationship with God!

The un-kept vows, neglected duties, and disobeyed commandments afflict his conscience until his kind of Christianity is filled with pain!

From such religious slavery he needs to be freed, but until he sees Jesus Christ as the all-sufficient answer to his quest for holiness of heart and life, he will labor in his chains!

The legalist can be saved from his days of defeat and failure. And the Savior is the One who died for him on Calvary and was raised again so he can be saved by His life– He is the Liberator!

Legalism’s icy breath destroys the budding flowers of God’s grace, and thereby robs its followers of the possibility of the fruit of the Spirit! This humanistic religion, as old as the fall of man, deprives its disciples of fellowship with the Creator, while pretending to urge them on to holiness and victorious living.

Thriving on rules rather than a relationship, it often cloaks a rebellious spirit with the outer garment of seeming righteousness. But spiritual paupers robed in the royal purple of self-righteousness are paupers still!

The joy of the Lord and the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ are forever out of the reach of those who try to attain them by keeping the Law. "For as many as are of the works of the Law, are under the curse; for it is written: Cursed is every one that continues not in all things which are written in the book of the Law to do them." (Gal 3:10). And yet, multitudes attempt to gain holiness and peace by their own works!

Doing is the fruit of a right relationship with God; it is NOT the root! And the source of all right doing is right being. In Psalm 1:3, the words "He shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water", precedes, "and whatsoever he does shall prosper."

Legalism is under the curse! Satanic in origin and devastating in its effects, it dominates great numbers of people with its tyranny.

Promising life but ministering death, it substitutes rules for the reality of Christ’s transforming love and grace. The counterfeit Christianity that results from this exchange is without life and power. Paul’s words to the Galatians- “Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law, ye are fallen from grace (Gal 5:4)- are fitting and deserve to be remembered!

God’s grace is the only answer to sin! Sin’s dominion over us is broken when we are cleansed by the blood of Jesus and sheltered under the divine favor from the demands of the law. Grace that bestows mercy and law that demands death for every offender, are completely opposed- we can’t be under both! And, when we, by faith, accept God’s gift of righteousness, legal ties are severed, and victory is assured.

Martin Luther once said, “There is something about man that he is even more afraid of grace, than he is of law. He is wary, lest receiving the goodness of God should result in careless, sinful living!” Though God’s Word says we are His workmanship created in Christ Jesus for good works and reveals that Jesus is the author, and finisher of our faith, we somehow think that the salvation God began in us can only be continued by our striving to keep the law!

But struggle is not the way to prevail! "The just shall live by faith", is God’s prescription for justification and sanctification and is meant to be the lifestyle for all who would live holy. Furthermore, if the just shall live by faith and the law is not of faith then the just shall not live by law!

Statements like this scares the legalist, for they do not understand that men of faith achieve righteousness and holiness, while those who go about to establish their own righteousness do not!

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

I don't know what your Church does, but my Church celebrates Jesus on Easter and Christmas. Yes, halloween is about children, but there is nothing wrong with children having fun.
You need to stop looking down your nose at people.
When you become so legalistic you are no longer having a salvation through faith but a salvation of works.
When you tear apart God's children for them celebrating their love for God then you are destroy someone that is precious to God. No one is saying that you have to celebrate but you should stop discouragiing Christians for celebrating the Lord in the ways that are comfortable to them. You have made your point and now it is time for you to back off.
You may be surprised to find God is more displeased with your tearing apart His children then being pleased with you thinking you are above Holidays. I suggest you pray about that.

--------------------

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

FM,

Jesus said only a few would be saved,

Jesus said many will say Lord, Lord and be sent away, depart from me.

The Apostle Paul did not ever say it was OK to take part with Demons, Pagans, or Satan.

Anything to do with the Roman Catholic Church contains all three.

I would expect the answer you gave, anyone who excepts Rock music and worse, it was expected.

Your Gospel has nothing of death to self and separation from this world.

Your's is a Gospel that follows the world, feel good, bless me (the me mentality of this world)

Apostasy is here and America is leading the way.

You seem to be in the Amen section, or maybe one of the leaders.

Bloody hands, I am glad my hand will be clean. Even of your blood, because I have did my best to warn you.

Hope your eyes are open before it is to late.

2Pe 3:16-17 As also in all [his] epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as [they do] also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know [these things] before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own steadfastness.

If you make the Apostle Paul say something different that Jesus, you make Jesus out to be a liar.

Jesus said...
Anyone who loves this world or the things in this world, the love of the Father is not in him.

Jesus said...
Anyone that would come and follow after me, will take up his cross and follow me.

You probably think "Lord of the Rings" is OK also?

How about "Harry Potter"?

Just innocent childrens books, just as innocent as Halloween, Easter and Christmas.

quote:
He tells me I can celebrate Christmas, and any other Holiday I choose, any other day I choose as long as it glorifies God -
Halloween, Easter, and Christmas give no glory to Yahweh, they are all about me me me me me...

me get candy
me get new dress
me get new shoes
me get lots of presents
me get lots to eat
me get to decorate tree
me get to decorate house
me get to waste lots of money on world
me get to get real close to this world
me get to center on me and mine

Those Holidays belong to the world and some people are dumb enough about the Word of Yahweh to join in.

--------------------

Gramajo320
unregistered

AMEN TexasGrandma and Favorminded!!

God bless you both so much for your postings! I'm in TOTAL AGREEMENT with you both and I appreciate you both!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Amen Bro. Favor.

I will be putting my Christmas tree out with my angel on top. I will be singing Christmas carols which are about God. Holidays may have came from Pagan but Christians have turned them in to days for family and many have Christain themes.
When Christians start telling other Christians that cannot celebrate they are being too legalistic.
Tonight when I passed out candy I said God bless you to the children and several time Children said it to me first. Many children love God and go trick or treat.
At the moment I am looking forward to Thanksgiving.

--------------------

Favor Minded
unregistered

Ok Dale - If you say so..

In the mean time, I'll just take Pauls word for it over yours.

He tells me I can celebrate Christmas, and any other Holiday I choose, any other day I choose as long as it glorifies God -

So while you are busy telling people that Santas litle helpers are demons, I will keep telling them you are wrong.

And when you are face to face with Jesus, and he tells you how many little children you caused to stumble because of your "beliefs", you will be humbled and ashamed...

I know - I hear from the Lord too....Of that you can be sure - And while you are busy thinking that is not true, remember what the word says...about everything, even that part of you thinking you are a watchman and I don't hear from God - I do, trust me on that...

You need to get past your silliness about Satans elves being demons, man that is one of the silliest things I have heard a "Christian" say in a long time...

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Gramajo320, did you read what I posted or just disagree. You should be able to point out where I am wrong frond Scripture, your opinion, my opinion, The Roman Catholic Church’s opinion, or any other opinion is worthless. Only Scripture is the basis of our Faith in Jesus.

It is not the Catholic Church that I am opposed to it’s the “Roman Catholic Church” that I oppose and all other denomination. The body of Christ is not divided, there is only one body, one baptism, one faith, one hope of your calling, one Spirit, one Lord. I am sure that Yahweh has His own children in every Church. I have meet many as I have travel across this Nation, east and west, north and south.

Read Ezekiel chapter 3:18-21 (pay close attention about warning the righteous)

The Lord has made me a watchman, in reality He has made every child of Yahweh a watchman.

You and many others do not see the danger of idolatry, exposing Satan everywhere I find him is what the Lord has called me to do.

You are right I am closed-minded when I know I have heard from the Lord on any subject.

When something is my opinion I will always say so.

I can not judge any person to Heaven or Hell, all eternal judgement belongs to the Father, Yahweh.

But I can judge in earthly matters where the Scriptures give clear direction. Unholy Holidays is one very clear directive. The Roman Catholic Church is another. Once Saved Always Saved is another. These on going to send many to Hell.

Mixture with this world is against everything Yahweh’s Son died to do for mankind.

Title: OCCULT HOLIDAYS AND HOW AMERICA HAS COPIED MANY OF THEM!

Subtitle: Too many Christians are enthusiastically celebrating pagan holidays, thinking they are Christian. Once you understand how very pagan America and the rest of the Western world has become, you can see how God's judgment cannot be far behind.
"She has become a resort and dwelling place for demons, a dungeon haunted by every loathsome spirit, an abode for every filthy and detestable bird ... I then heard another voice from heaven saying, Come out from her, my people, so that you may not share in her sins, neither participate in her plagues." [Rev 18:2, 4]

The New World Order is coming! Are you ready? Once you understand what this New World Order really is, and how it is being gradually implemented, you will be able to see it progressing in your daily news!!

Learn how to protect yourself, your loved ones!

Stand by for insights so startling you will never look at the news the same way again.

BIBLICAL COMMANDS AGAINST WORSHIPPING AS THE PAGANS

Biblical Call For Complete and Utter Separation From Evil

"Choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites ..." [Josh 24:15]

"No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon." [Matt 6:24]

"Thou shalt not bow down to their gods, nor serve them, nor do after their works." [Ex 23:24]

"... if thou serve their gods, it will surely be a snare unto thee." [Ex 23:33]

"And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty." [2 Cor 6:15-18]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Throughout Scripture, God has warned His people they were not to serve foreign false gods, nor copy their "works". Yet, generation after generation of Jews in the Old Testament found the idolatrous worship system of the pagan countries surrounding them to be absolutely irresistible. As you read throughout the Old Testament, you will discover God warning His people time and again not to follow the religion, the traditions, or the practices of the Satanic worshipping nations surrounding Israel.

Yet, time and again, Israel refused to heed God's warnings, and plunged deeply into the pagan worship of their neighbors. This paganism even took hold in the inner government circles, led by wicked kings and queens, and in the Temple, by idolatrous Jewish priests. On numerous occasions, God raised up a righteous king who would immediately begin a physical purge of the temples, the priests, and the Jewish followers of Baal, the favorite demon-god of that era. God recorded these times of purging for us, so let us examine some of the passages where God ordered a purging of Baal worship.

"But you shall destroy their altars, dash in pieces their pillars (obelisks, images), and cut down their Asherim [symbols of the goddess Asherah]." [Exodus 34:13; Parallel Bible, KJV/Amplified Bible Commentary]

"They brought out the pillars or obelisks of the house of Baal and burned them." [2 Kings 10:26; Ibid.]

"He took away the foreign altars and high places and broke down the idol pillars or obelisks and cut down the Asherim [symbols of the goddess Asherah]. [2 Chronicles 14:3; Ibid.]

"NOW WHEN all this was finished, all Israel present there went out to the cities of Judah and broke in pieces the pillars or obelisks, cut down the Asherim, and threw down the high places [of idolatry] and the altars in all Judah and Benjamin, in Ephraim and Manasseh, until they had utterly destroyed them all." [2 Chronicles 31:1; Ibid.]

"Nebuchadrezzar shall break also the images and obelisks of Heliopolis [called On or Beth-shemesh--house of the sun] in the land of Egypt, and the temples of the gods of Egypt shall he burn with fire." [Jeremiah 43:13; Ibid.] NOTE: One of the obelisks in our picture is the intricately carved obelisk of Heliopolis!

"ISRAEL IS a luxuriant vine that puts forth its [material] fruit. According to the abundance of his fruit he has multiplied his altars [to idols]; according to the goodness and prosperity of their land they have made goodly pillars or obelisks [to false gods]." [Hosea 10:1; Ibid.]

In this last verse, we see that, when God allowed Israel to become financially wealthy and its citizens to become well off, Israel stampeded even further in the direction of pagan worship. It seems that riches and a high standard of living are a spiritual snare, for the citizens feel less need for God and are drawn away by their own physical lusts to the pagan religions that cater to those lusts. Obviously, a direct parallel could be drawn to America for we are nearly as pagan as Israel was during the time of God's judgments in the Old Testament, and we have obelisks strewn throughout this land!

[NOTE: We have devoted an entire seminar to this subject, Seminar 1, "America's Leadership of the New World Order". You will see for yourself the many parallels between Ancient Israel at the time of her physical judgment and America today]

Christianity began to be corrupted through this same type of paganism during the reign of Constantine. This king began the practice of combining Christian doctrine, art, and objects with those of paganism. This process is called "Syncretization". While Constantine began the practice, the Roman Catholic Church perfected it! As you can see in this picture, an obelisk is standing in the middle of St. Peter's Basilica! Catholic popes have falsely believed that they could "Christianize" a Satanic symbol of worship by praying over it and/or anointing it with "holy oil", thus making the object suitable for Christian use.

Look closely at this obelisk and you will note that it is standing in the middle of an eight-fold path of Satanic Enlightenment [Read NEWS1134 for full details]! In Satanism, the obelisk is the symbol of the Male phallus, while the circle represents the Female vulva. Remember, paganism is defined as worshipping the creature rather than the Creator [Romans 1:25], and the easiest creation to worship is sex. Whenever Satanists wanted to represent the Great Sex Act, they merely placed the phallus of the obelisk into the vulva of the circle. It was slick and it was easy.

One of the greatest ironies of all time is that the Roman Catholic Church has had this permanent symbol of the Satanic Great Sex Act sitting in their St. Peter's Basilica since the 7th Century, where the Pope faces it daily -- even though the Vatican is the world's greatest proponent of celibacy!

For the past 1,400 years, the Roman Catholic Church has led Western Civilization down the horrid road of Syncretization, where matters Satanic were mixed with matters Christian. The result is a putrid mess that Jesus Christ will always reject! Too many people will awaken to find themselves at the White Throne Judgment, realizing too late that Jesus did not approve one iota of this mingling of paganism and true Christianity.

It is to this subject we now turn; if we understand the pagan foundations of many of our holidays, then we shall find it easier to refuse to participate in the holidays that have their origins in the world of the Satanic. You will also discover why certain events have occurred as they have, so you can further your quest to fulfill Jesus' proclamation that we are to be "wise as serpents and harmless as doves" [Matthew 10:16]

OCCULT HOLIDAYS AND SABBATS

As we have repeatedly stated, the Satanist believes that numbers contain inherent power. Thus, they literally order their lives by occult numerology -- such numerology also is a key component in astrology, another system of divining that Satanists observe very closely. The occult calendar is divided into four (4) segments of 13 weeks each. The number, "13" is considered divine by the occultist for a couple of reasons:

1. The Bible assigns '13' the meaning of "rebellion against constituted authority", plus the depravity that caused Satan to rebel against God.

2. The occultist assigns '6' to represent the number of man, and the number '7' to represent the number of divine perfection. Thus, as a person climbs that "Jacob's Ladder" toward self-perfection in the realm of the occult, the number '13' represents the state of divine perfection, self-achieved perfection, and Illumination (6+7 = 13).

Thus, the occult calendar is comprised of four periods of 13 weeks each. We list these periods for you, below. Then, after listing them, we shall come back to talk about each of them in detail.

1. Winter Solstice -- 13 weeks -- Minor sabbath

a. December 21 -- Yule

b. December 21-22 -- Winter Solstice/Yule. One of the Illuminati's Human Sacrifice Nights

c. February 1 and 2 -- Candlemas and Imbolg, a.k.a. Groundhog's Day. One of the Illuminati's Human Sacrifice Nights

d. February 14 -- Valentine's Day

2. Spring Equinox -- 13 weeks -- Minor sabbath but does require human sacrifice

a. March 21-22 -- Goddess Ostara -- Note: Easter is the first Sunday after the first new moon after Ostara. March 21 is one of the Illuminati's Human Sacrifice Nights

b. April 1 -- All Fool's Day, precisely 13 weeks since New Year's Day!

c. April 19 - May 1 -- Blood Sacrifice To The Beast. Fire sacrifice is required on April 19.

d. April 30 - May 1 -- Beltaine Festival, also called Walpurgis Night. This is the highest day on the Druidic Witch's Calendar. May 1 is the Illuminati's second most sacred holiday. Human sacrifice is required

3. Summer Solstice -- 13 weeks -- When the sun reaches its northernmost point in its journey across the sky

a. June 21 - 22 -- Summer Solstice

b. June 21 - Litha is one of the Illuminati's Human Sacrifice Nights

c. July 4, America's Independence Day, is 13 days after Day of Litha and 66 days from April 30

d. July 19 -- 13 days before Lughnasa

e. July 31 - August 1 -- Lughnasa, Great Sabbat Festival. August -- One of the Illuminati's Human Sacrifice Nights

4. Autumnal Equinox -- 13 weeks -- Minor Sabbath but does require human sacrifice

a. September 21 - Mabon -- one of the Illuminati's Human Sacrifice Nights

b. September 21 -22 -- Autumnal Equinox

c. October 31 -- Samhain, also known as Halloween, or All Hallows Eve. This date is the Illuminati's highest day of human sacrifice

Isn't it interesting how the "profane" -- you and me -- are led like a flock of sheep to observe the important festival days of the Mysteries' Religion? You may not understand that you are ordering your year after pagan holidays, but you are! The annual calendar for the entire Western world is ordered by these Satanic festival times and days.

Now that we have seen the entire occult calendar, let us go back to the significant holidays to see how the Western world has slipped into a worship of the same pagan holidays and are using many of the same pagan symbols that are so important to the pagan worshipper. The human sacrifice required during many of these occult dates needs to contain the following elements, each one of which is exaggerated to the highest possible degree:

1. Trauma, stress, and mental anguish sheer terror

2. The final act in the drama should be destruction by a fire; preferably a conflagration.

3. People must die as human sacrifices, especially children, since Lord Satan looks upon a younger human sacrifice as his most desirable

SPECIFIC DATES WITHIN THE OCCULT CALENDAR

1. Winter Solstice -- 13 weeks

a. December 21- 22 -- Yule -- When the sun begins its northward trek in the sky, and days began to grow longer again, pagans celebrated the Winter Solstice by burning the Yule log. Since the sun had reversed itself and was now rising in the sky, pagans believed this was a sign that the human sacrifices carried out in Samhain (Halloween) had been accepted by the gods.

We continue to sing: "Deck the halls with boughs of holly ... troll the ancient Yuletide carol ... See the blazing Yule before us. Fa la la la la la la la." ["Pagan Traditions of the Holidays", David Ingraham, p. 71]

The Roman Catholic Church later changed the day of celebration to December 25, calling it Christmas.

Consider the pagan roots of our popular symbols of Christmas:

(1) Christmas Tree -- The sacred tree of the winter-god; Druids believed the spirit of their gods resided in the tree. Most ancient pagans knew the tree represented Nimrod reincarnated into Tammuz! Pagans also looked upon the tree as a phallic symbol.

(2) Star -- Pentalpha, the five-pointed star. The pentalpha is a powerful symbol of Satan, second only to the hexagram. The star is the sacred symbol of Nimrod, and has nothing whatsoever to do with Christianity.

(3) Candles represent the sun-gods' newly-born fire. Pagans the world over love and use candles in their rituals and ceremonies. Certain colors are also thought to represent specific powers. The extensive use of candles is usually a very good indication that the service is pagan, no matter what the outward trappings might be.

(4) Mistletoe is the sacred plant of the Druids, symbolizing pagan blessings of fertility; thus, kissing under the mistletoe is the first step in the reproductive cycle! Witches also use the white berries in potions.

(5) Wreaths are circular, and so they represent the female sexual organs. Wreaths are associated with fertility and the "circle of life".

(6) Santa Claus -- Former Satanists have told me that "Santa" is an anagram for "Satan". In the New Age, the god, "Sanat Kamura", is most definitely an anagram for "Satan". The mythical attributes and powers ascribed to Santa are eerily close to those possessed by Jesus Christ. We have written a perennial favorite article describing these similarities, NEWS1132. We encourage to read this article, for you will see that our popular tradition of Santa Clause has spiritually replaced Jesus Christ!

(7) Reindeer are horned animals representing the "horned-god" or the "stag-god" of pagan religion! Santa's traditional number of reindeer in his team is eight (8); in Satanic gematria, eight is the number of "new beginnings", or the cycle of reincarnation. The Illuminati views the number "eight" as a symbol of their New World Order.

(8) Elves are imp-like creatures who are Santa's (Satan's) little helpers. They are also demons.

(9) Green and Red are the traditional colors of the season, as they are the traditional pagan colors of winter. Green is Satan's favorite color, so it is appropriate it should be one of the traditional colors for Christmas; red is the color of human blood, Satan's highest form of sacrifice -- for this reason, Communism adopted red as it main color!

(10) December 25 is known as the "nativity" of the sun. This date is the birthday of Tammuz, the son, the reincarnation of the sun god. Traditionally, December 21 is known as Yule. The Roman Catholic Church moved the celebration of Yule to December 25.

(11) December 25 is also known to the Romans as "Saturnalia", a time of deliberate debauchery. Drinking through repeated toasting -- known as 'wassail' -- was a key to the debauchery of this celebration. Fornication was symbolized by the mistletoe, and the entire event was finished with a Great Feast, the Christmas Dinner.

(12) Even the name, "Christmas" is pagan! "Christi" meant "Christ", while "Mas" meant Mass. Since all pagan Masses are commemorating "death", the name, "Christmas" literally means the "death of Christ". A deeper meaning lies in the mention of "Christ" without specifying Jesus. Thus, Antichrist is in view here; the pagans celebrate "Christmas" as a celebration of their coming Antichrist, who will deal a death blow to the Jesus Christ of Christianity.

Early American Christian Pilgrims refused to celebrate this day.

b. February 1 and 2 -- Candlemas and Imbolg, popularly called Groundhog's Day. The popular "Punxsutawney Phil" groundhog comes out of his burrow to divine the next few weeks of weather. If he sees his shadow, we will have 6 more weeks of bad weather until Spring finally arrives; if he does not see his shadow, the next 7 weeks before Spring will be good weather. Notice this pagan tradition features both the number '6' and '7', which when added, equals '13'.

What most people do not realize is that the pagan view of Groundhog's Day (Imbolg) represents the Earth Mother. Consider these uncanny parallels between the Groundhog and the Earth Mother:

1. As the Earth goddess sleeps inside the earth during the winter season, so does the Groundhog

2. Both the Earth goddess and the Groundhog bridge the two time periods: Winter and Spring

3. Both the goddess and the Groundhog are "earth" creatures

4. Both the goddess and the Groundhog "awaken" in Springtime

5. Both the Earth goddess and the Groundhog complete the "cycle of reincarnation"

6. Annually, both the Earth goddess and the Groundhog represent the cycle of "rebirth" and "renewal"

The name, "Groundhog" was substituted for the Satanic name of the holiday, Imbolg, a night requiring human sacrifice.

c. February 14 -- Valentine's Day -- is a pagan festival that encourages love and physical lust. It is celebrated precisely 13 days after Imbolg, thus imprinting upon it the number '13', Satan's number of extreme rebellion. While most people view this day as the day to honor your wife or your lover, this celebration is steeped in paganism

Consider the camouflaged occult gods in Valentine's Day:

1. Cupid, the son of Venus, is really Tammuz, son of Semiramis

2. Venus, daughter of Jupiter, is really Semiramis herself. Jupiter is the head deity, a sun god -- Nimrod, Semiramis' husband, is considered a sun god in the Babylonian Mysteries.

Listen to a pagan author describe February, the month in which Valentine's Day falls. "The name of this month comes from the Roman goddess Februa and St. Febronia (from Febris, the fever of love). She is the patroness of the passion of love ... Her orgiastic rites are celebrated on 14 February -- still observed as St. Valentine's Day -- when, in Roman times, young men would draw billets naming their female partners ... This is a time of clear vision into other worlds, expressed by festivals of purification. On 1 February is the celebration of the cross-quarter day, or fire festival (Imbolc) a purificatory festival. It is followed on the 2nd by its Christian counterpart, Candlemas, the purification of the Virgin Mary." ["The Pagan Book of Days", Nigel Pennick, p. 37]

Valentine's Day is a day of "orgiastic rites" in which the pagans encouraged the flow of lustful passion.

2. Spring Equinox -- 13 weeks -- Minor Sabbath but does require human sacrifice

a. March 21-22 -- Goddess Ostara (Ishtar, also spelled, "Eostre"), for whom "Easter" is named -- March 21 is one of the Illuminati's Human Sacrifice Nights

Easter is a shifting date using the common practice of Astrology; it is celebrated on the first Sunday after the first new moon after Ostara.

This date also has nothing to do with the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ! Rather, this day in the pagan tradition celebrates the return of Semiramis into her reincarnated form of the Spring Goddess. The pagans even have an equivalent to our Good Friday! It is "Easter Friday", and has historically been timed to be the third full moon from the start of the year. Since the marrying of pagan Easter to Jesus' resurrection, Good Friday is permanently fixed on the Friday prior to Easter.

Easter is steeped in the Babylonian Mysteries, the single most evil idolatrous system ever invented by Satan! All throughout the prophetic Scriptures, we see God declaring His final judgment upon wicked Babylon! Yet, every year, Christian pastors intone "Easter" as though it were Christian. Many Independent Baptist preachers have begun referring to this day celebrating Jesus' resurrection as "Resurrection Sunday", in order to separate the day from the pagan celebration.

The Babylonian goddess, Ishtar, is the one for whom Easter is named; ["Pagan Traditions of Holidays", p. 9] in reality, she was Semiramis, wife of Nimrod, and the real founder of the Satanic Babylonian Mysteries. After Nimrod died, Semiramis created the legend that he was really her Divine Son born to her in a Virgin Birth. She is considered to be the co-founder of all occult religions, along with Nimrod.

Easter -- the day of Ishtar -- is celebrated widely among various cultures and religions on earth.

1. Babylon - Ishtar (Easter) also called the Moon Goddess
2. Catholics -- Virgin Mary (Queen of Heaven)
3. Chinese -- Shingmoo
4. Druids -- Virgo Paritura
5. Egypt -- Isis
6. The Pagan Ephesians -- Dianna
7. Etruscans -- Nutria
8. Germans (Ancient) -- Hertha
9. Greeks -- Aphrodite/Ceres
10. India -- Isi/Indrani
11. Ancient Jews -- Ashtaroth (Queen of Heaven)
12. Krishna -- Devaki
13. Rome -- Venus/Fortuna
14. Scandinavians -- Disa
15. Sumerians -- Nana ["America's Occult Holidays", Doc Marquis and Sam Pollard. p. 13]

The Babylonians celebrated the day as the return of Ishtar (Easter), the goddess of Spring. This day celebrated the rebirth, or reincarnation, of Nature and the goddess of Nature. According to Babylonian legend, a huge egg fell from heaven, landing in the Euphrates River. The goddess, Ishtar (Easter) broke out of this egg. Later, the feature of an egg nesting was introduced, a nest where the egg could incubate until hatched. A "wicker" or reed basket was conceived in which to place the Ishtar egg.

The Easter Egg Hunt was conceived because, if anyone found her egg while she was being "reborn", she would bestow a blessing upon that lucky person! Because this was a joyous Spring festival, eggs were colored with bright Spring colors. [Ibid.]

The Easter Bunny

"The Goddess' totem, the Moon-hare, would lay eggs for good children to eat ... Eostre's hare was the shape that Celts imagined on the surface of the full moon ...." ["Pagan Traditions of Holidays", p. 10.] Do not bother to tell me that bunnies do not lay eggs, for I know that; we are dealing with a legend here, and an occult legend at that. These types of legends traditionally play loose and fast with facts.

Thus, "Easter" -- Eostre, or Ishtar -- was a goddess of fertility. Since the bunny is a creature that procreates quickly, it symbolized the sexual act; the egg symbolized "birth" and "renewal". Together, the Easter Bunny and Easter Egg symbolizes the sex act and its offspring, Semiramis and Tammuz.

Thus, it is a very serious spiritual matter, indeed, when christian churches incorporate "Resurrection Eggs" as part of their Easter celebration. At the very least, these churches are confusing the minds of their precious young children, by blurring the dividing line between pagan symbols and their meanings and Christian meanings of Resurrection Day. Young children who participated in "Resurrection Eggs" in church will be conditioned later in their life to accept the fullness of the pagan tradition revolving around the same symbols.

At worst, a church participating in the pagan Easter tradition by promoting "Resurrection Eggs" and perhaps an Easter Egg Hunt, is guilty of combining Christianity with paganism, the very lethal cocktail the Lord Jesus will always reject! Remember our key verse:

"Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing"

If your church has "Resurrection Eggs", that is a church you should consider leaving immediately; if the Senior Pastor is Liberal enough to use "Resurrection Eggs" in his Resurrection Day celebrations, he is probably Liberal in Doctrine and Theology, but may not be far enough along for you to see it yet.

Other Pagan Ingredients

Easter Offerings are derived from the tradition where the priests and priestesses would bring offerings to the pagan temples for Easter. They brought freshly-cut Spring flowers and candies to place on the altar of the idol they worshipped. They would also bake Hot Cross Buns, decorating them with crosses symbolizing the cross of Wotan, or some other pagan god; these crosses were not originally the cross of Jesus Christ. This is another instance where Satan counterfeited a pagan tradition that could later be passed off as "Christian" in a church seriously compromised by Syncretization.

In fact, the first instance of Hot Cross Buns can be traced back to about 1,500 BC, to Cecrops, the Founder of Athens [Marquis, p. 18] In Old Testament celebrations in apostate Israel, we see women angering God because they baked these type of cakes to offer them in worship to the Queen of Heaven [Jeremiah 17:17-18]. The footnote for this title, "Queen of Heaven" in the Amplified Bible Commentary says, "A goddess of fertility, probably the Babylonian title for Ishtar. She is identified with the planet, Venus. Offerings to this goddess included cakes made in the shape of a star." Later pagans used not just the shape of a Pentalpha star, but also the Hot Cross Bun.

Another popular Easter offering were freshly made or purchased clothes! The priests would wear their best clothes, while the Vestal Virgins would wear newly-made white dresses. They would also wear headgear, like bonnets, while many would adorn themselves in garlands of Spring flowers. They would carry wicker baskets filled with foods and candies to offer to the pagan gods and goddesses.

Easter Sunrise Services were originated by the priest serving the Babylonian Ishtar to symbolically hasten the reincarnation of Ishtar/Easter. Once again, we see how Satan knew that Jesus' rising from the grave would be discovered in the early sunrise hours, and that the Christian Church would want to hold Sunrise Services to celebrate. Satan and his demons know and believe God's Word and its prophecies literally, and they are allowed a certain amount of foreknowledge. Just as Satan counterfeited the Divine birth of a male child to a Virgin Mother fully 1,000 years before Jesus was actually born, so he counterfeited this Sunrise Service.

Lent is purely pagan, and yet has been accepted by the Roman Catholic Church and apostate christian churches as "christian". If the church you are attending celebrates Lent, you need to inform the Senior Pastor of the pagan roots of this tradition; if he will not listen you should leave that church, for if they will accept Lent as "Christian", you can bet they are very Liberal in critical Biblical areas as well.

Lent is a commemoration of Tammuz' death; the legend of his death says that he was killed by a wild boar when he was 40 years old. Therefore, Lent celebrates 1 day for each year of Tammuz' life. [Marquis, "America's Occult Holidays"] Participants are to express their sorrow over Tammuz' untimely death by weeping, fasting, and self-chastisement.

Lent was commemorated for exactly 40 days prior to the celebration of Ishtar/Esotre and other goddesses by the following cultures: Babylonians, Roman Catholics, Koordistan, Mexicans, Ancient Israel, and today, Liberal, apostate Protestant churches.

We can see God's anger over this commemoration of Lent in Ezekiel 8:14-18; God's judgment for this commemoration is described in Ezekiel 9, a chapter we suggest you read carefully, for God has stated that He will similarly punish any nation who does not "hear and obey" His commands (Jeremiah 12:17).

b. April 1 -- All Fool's Day, precisely 13 weeks since New Year's Day!

c. April 19 - May 1 -- Blood Sacrifice To The Beast, a most critical 13-day period. Fire sacrifice is required on April 19.

April 19 is the first day of the 13-day Satanic ritual day relating to fire -- the fire god, Baal, or Molech/Nimrod (the Sun God), also known as the Roman god, Saturn (Satan/Devil). This day is a major human sacrifice day, demanding fire sacrifice with an emphasis on children. This day is one of the most important human sacrifice days, and as such, has had some very important historic events occur on this day.

Remember, the Illuminati considers war to be a most propitious way to sacrifice, for it kills both children and adults.

Some of the very important historic dates that were staged according to this blood sacrifice day are:

(1). April 19, 1775 -- Battle of Lexington & Concord, which made the Masonic-led Revolutionary War inevitable

(2). April 19, 1943 -- After trapping the last Jewish Resistance Fighters in a storm drain in Warsaw, and holding them for several days, Nazi Storm Troopers began to pour fire into each end of the storm drain, using flame-throwers. They continued pouring the fire into the drain until all fighters were dead. Blood sacrifice brought about by a fiery conflagration.

(3) April 19, 1993 -- 50 years later, to the day, government troops, tanks, and other military equipment stormed the compound of David Koresh and his followers at Waco, Texas. Certainly, this operation fulfilled the basic requirements for a human sacrifice: trauma, fire, and young sacrificial victims.

(4) April 19, 1995 -- Oklahoma City bombing -- Once again, many young children were killed this day

April 19 of any year in the 20th Century is a day of fearful contemplation, for it seems that, as we head into the final stretch of time, Satan is becoming more and more bold, and is using April 19 more often.

d. April 30 - May 1 -- Beltaine Festival, also called "Walpurgis Night". This is the highest day on the Druidic Witch's Calendar, while May 1 is the Illuminati's second most sacred holiday. Human sacrifice is required. Since the celebration officially began the night before Beltaine, the tradition has developed among occultists to celebrate Beltaine as a 2-day ceremony. This tradition was strong enough that Adolf Hitler decided to kill himself on April 30 at 3:30pm, thus creating a "333" and placing his suicide sacrifice within the Beltaine time frame.

Great bonfires are lit on the Eve of Beltaine, April 30, in order to welcome the Earth Goddess. Participants hope to gain favor with this goddess so she will bless their families with procreative fertility. We find it interesting that the Royal House of Windsor lights a Beltaine "Balefire" every year ["America's Occult Holidays", Doc Marquis, p. 30]

The "Maypole" originated from the celebration of Beltaine. Since fertility is being asked of the Earth Goddess, the Maypole is the phallic symbol and the circular dance around the pole forms the circle that is symbolic of the female sex organ. Four six-foot alternating red and white ribbons were connected to the pole; the men would dance counterclockwise, while the ladies danced clockwise. The union of the intertwining red and white ribbons symbolized the act of copulation -- remember, this is a "fertility" celebration day!

To demonstrate their occult, Illuminist ties, Communists have always celebrated "May Day". If you have not been taught how the Illuminati created Communism, and for which purpose, you need to hear our Seminar 2, "America Determines The Flow of History".

3. Summer Solstice -- 13 weeks -- When the sun reaches its northernmost point in its journey across the sky

a. June 21 - 22 -- Summer Solstice

b. June 21 - Litha is one of the Illuminati's Human Sacrifice Nights

c. July 4, America's Independence Day, is 13 days after Day of Litha and 66 days from April 30

d. July 19 -- 13 days before Lughnasa

e. July 31 - August 1 -- Lughnasa, Great Sabbat Festival. August -- One of the Illuminati's Human Sacrifice Nights

4. Autumnal Equinox -- 13 weeks -- Minor Sabbath but does require human sacrifice

a. September 21 - Mabon -- one of the Illuminati's Human Sacrifice Nights

b. September 21 -22 -- Autumnal Equinox -- From this date through Halloween, occultists believe the veil separating the earthly dimension from the demonic realm gets progressively thinner, with the thinnest night being October 31; this thinning of the separating veil makes it easier for the demonic realm to enter the earthly dimension. Thus, on Halloween, evil spirits, ghosts, witches, hobgoblins, black cats, fairies, and demons of all sorts were believed to be running amok across the land. They had to be back in their spiritual dimension before midnight, Halloween, for the separating veil would then get thicker.

Once again, I reiterate, this is occult belief, not mine! October is a most propitious month to the Illuminati.

c. October 31 -- Samhain, also known as Halloween, or All Hallows Eve as designated by the Catholic Church. This date is the Illuminati's highest day of human sacrifice

Halloween has been changed over the past 30 years in two important ways. First, children have been encouraged to participate by donning such inoffensive costumes as Barbie, Wonder Woman, Batman and Superman. Secondly, adult costuming and parties have reached a tremendous apex and has become a most macabre day of celebration.

Historically, Halloween is the deadliest holiday ever celebrated in human history. This Satanic night is dedicated to the Celtic Lord of the Dead, also symbolized by the Horned-god and the Stag-god. The Druids celebrated Samhain as a 3-day fire festival, building huge bonfires, thought to ward off demons that roamed around; additionally, the fires provided the means by which the required human sacrifice would be presented to the sun god. In enormous wicker baskets, the priests caged both human and animal sacrifices, which they then lowered into the flames. The priests would carefully watch the manner in which the victim died in order to predict whether the future held good or evil. ["Pagan Traditions of the Holidays", p. 71]

Origin of Popular Halloween Traditions

Sweets and Trick or Treat

This pagan practice is over 2,000 years old. For the sake of their safety and well-being, people put outside their home sweets, the best mutton legs, vegetables, eggs, and poultry, honey and even wine, so the wandering evil spirits would consume them on their way back to the netherworld. Failure to "treat" these evil spirits might result in a curse being put on the home! The people literally believed that, when these spirits came to your door, they would trick you if you did not treat them.

"The American version of Halloween came from Ireland ... The potato famine in 1840 brought thousands of immigrants from the Emerald Isle. With them came goblins, jack-0-lanterns, bonfires, apples, nuts, and pranks ... The Irish are also responsible for bringing trick or treating to great popularity in America. In Ireland on October 31, peasants went from house to house to receive offerings to their Druid god, Muck Olla. This procession stopped at each house to tell the farmer his prosperity was due to the benevolence of Muck Olla ... or else misfortune might befall the farmer and his crops. Few farmers risked any such displeasure of the pagan deity, so the procession returned home with eggs, butter, potatoes, and in some cases, coins ... To the Irish farmers this was no joke; they greatly feared the Celtic god might destroy their homes and barns ... Trick or treat is part of this pagan heritage." ["Pagan Traditions of the Holidays". p. 78-79].

Horrifying Costumes

People would also take burning wisps from the bonfire and wave them around to frighten the many evil spirits roaming the earth; in case the burning wisp alone would not work, revelers clothed themselves in the most hideous and terrifying costumes. These people believed that, if you dressed in a terrifying costume and went trooping around with the spirits all night, they would think you were one of them and would leave you alone. ["Halloween and Satanism", Phil Philips, p. 26-27]

Huge Bonfires

Satan's obsession with fire has produced human obsession with building huge bonfires. As we stated earlier, these bonfires were practical, in that they provided the means by which the priests sacrificed the human and animal sacrifices so crucial to Halloween. When the last fires died out, people would race each other down the hills shouting, "The Devil gets the last one down". [Philips, p. 27-28]

Divinations

Samhain (Halloween) was also the time to engage the Devil's assistance in divining the future. Questions concerning marriage, luck, health, and the time of one's death were most popular subjects of divination. In Scotland, young people assembled for games and pulled shoots out of the ground to ascertain which of them would marry during the coming year, and in what order the marriages should occur.

Snap Apple Night

Apples have long been a token of love and fertility. At Halloween parties, people bobbed for apples in tubs of water. If a boy came up with an apple between his teeth, he was assured of the love of his girl. The Snap Apple game was one in which the boys delighted. Each boy, in his turn, would spring up to attempt to bite an apple that was being twirled on the end of a stick; the first boy to succeed would be the first to marry.

Apple seeds were also used to tell fortunes. Peeling an apple in one long piece was supposed to tell a young girl about her future. The girl would swing the apple peal three times around her head, then throw it over her left shoulder. If the peeling fell unbroken, the girl would examine the shape into which it fell to see if she could ascertain the initials of her future husband!

Witch's Familiar Spirits

Owls, bats, cats and toads are an essential part of Halloween, and for a very good reason: they are known as "the witch's familiars". A divining familiar was the species of animal whose shape Satan would assume to aid the witch in divining the future. A witch would closely watch the animal's movements -- whether slow or fast -- and she would see the direction in which the animal moved and the kinds of sounds it made, in order to foretell the length of life and/or an impending illness.

Other "familiar spirit" shapes include hens, geese, small dogs, rats, butterflies, wasps crickets, and snails. Witches considered these creatures to be demon-possessed and controlled. If you look closely at most Halloween decorations, you will see these animals, but now you know they represent demon possessed creatures! ["Pagan Traditions of Holidays", p. 75-76]

Jack-O-Lantern and Trick-or-Treat

Various names for Jack-O-Lantern were 'Lantern Men', 'Hob-O-Langer', and "Will-O-The-Wisp". The 'Lantern Men' got their name from pale eerie lights that appeared over bogs and marshes in England. These ghostly lights, which bobbed along like a lantern in someone's hand, were called 'Corpse Candles'.Candles were said to be signals from the souls of men lost at sea. ["Halloween and Satanism", Philips, p. 33-34]

Celts often hollowed out a turnip and carved a grotesque face on it to fool demons. They carried such lanterns to light their way in the dark and to ward off evil spirits ... While the turnip continues to be popular in Europe today, the pumpkin has replaced it in America. 'Jack' is a nickname for 'John', which is a common slang word meaning 'man'. Jack-O-Lanterns literally means 'man with a lantern'. [Pagan Traditions of the Holidays", p. 79-80]

Druid Trick-or-Treat

The Druids originated the practice of hollowing out the Jack-O-Lanterns and filling them with human fat. Whenever a raiding party came to a home to demand of the husband that someone inside be surrendered as a human sacrifice, they would light a Jack-O-Lantern filled with human fat; if the husband relented and provided one of his loved ones as a sacrifice, the Druid party would leave Jack-O-Lantern on the porch. This lantern would be tell the other raiding parties and the demonic host that this party had surrendered a human for sacrifice and that the remaining people inside were to be left alone. Guaranteeing that no one else in the house would be killed that night was the "Treat".

If the husband refused to surrender one of his loved ones, a "Trick" would be placed upon the house. The members of the raiding party would draw a large hexagram using human blood on the front door; they got the blood for the hexagram from a dead body they dragged around with them using a cabletow. The demonic host would be attracted to this hexagram and would invade the house, causing one or more of the inhabitants to either go insane or die from fright. ["America's Occult Holidays", p. 20]

This is the true origin of "Trick-or-Treat" and the Jack-O-Lantern. Do you really want to take your kids "Trick-or-Treating"?

Forbidden Practices Specially Associated With Halloween

God lists Satanic practices that He absolutely forbids, on the pain of death! Every one of them is uniquely associated with Halloween!

1. Enchantment -- Act of influencing by charms and incantation using the practice of magical arts. Such practices draw directly upon the power of Satan! God forbids it in many places, chief among which is Deuteronomy 18:10-12.

2. Witchcraft -- Dealing with demonic spirits, using their prescribed methods, commonly called rituals and the "magick arts". The Bible forbids it, as in Galatians 5:19-20. Today, thanks to "Harry Potter and The Lord of the Rings, witchcraft is skyrocketing in popularity. TV shows that depict witches are "Bewitched" and "Buffy The Vampire Slayer", to just mention a couple. Go to a video store sometime and walk down the "Horror" aisle, where you will see the popularity of Witchcraft in America today.

3. Sorcery -- Use of power gained from the prescribed rituals demanded by the demonic host. Once the witch or wizard performs the particular ritual correctly, the demonic host is required to provide the power to accomplish that action desired by the witch.

4. Divination -- Fortune telling and seeing into the future. God wants us to trust in Him and His power, and not worry about tomorrow. Satan, on the other hand, loves to get people consumed by the idea that they can know what lies ahead of them. Forbidden in the Bible, Jeremiah 29:8-9 and Deuteronomy 18:10-12.

5. Wizardry -- The art or practices of a wizard, sorcery. A wizard or witch is one skilled in the magick arts, a sorcerer. God forbids such practices in Deuteronomy 18:10-12 and Leviticus 19:31.

6. Necromancy -- Communication with the dead. Specifically, conjuring up the spirits of the dead for purposes of magically revealing the future or influencing the course of events. Forbidden in Deuteronomy 18:10-12 and Isaiah 8:19.

7. Charm -- The practice of putting a spell on someone in order to change or control their mind and/or behavior. Wizards love to get their enemies "one-on-one" because they can "charm" them through the use of ritual done before the meeting, and by the demonic host residing within him. Adolf Hitler followed this practice closely as he dealt with the leaders of Europe, Britain, and Russia. British Prime Minister Chamberlain was totally charmed by Hitler as he sought to appease the German dictator in Munich in 1938; Chamberlain was so totally "charmed" by Hitler, he enthusiastically proclaimed after returning from Munich that he had achieved "peace in our time".

When dealing with a powerful member of the Illuminati, do not attempt to meet with him, nor place any confidence in the testimony of people who have met with him. A "charm" ritual is easily performed and results in the leader exuding confidence, character, and sincerity they most assuredly do not possess. God forbids this activity in Deuteronomy 18:10-12.

8. Stargazing or Astrology -- Divination of the supposed influence of the stars and other heavenly bodies upon human lives and the affairs of nations. Occultists literally order their lives according to Astrology and numerics. God forbids this activity in Deuteronomy 18:10-12 and Jeremiah 10:2. Also called "Observing the Times".

9. Soothsaying -- foretelling events and prophesying through a spirit other than the Holy Spirit. Forbidden in Micah 5:12 and implied strongly in Deuteronomy 18:10-12.

10. Prognostication -- To foretell from signs and symptoms, also prophesying without the Holy Spirit. Forbidden in Isaiah 47:12-13.

11. Magic -- Tapping into the power of the demonic realm through the use of prescribed ritual so that the action carried out is accomplished through demonic power. Forbidden in Deuteronomy 18:10-12, 2 Chronicles 33:6, 1 Samuel 15:23.

All these activities are uniquely associated with the activities and traditions of Halloween! Christians have no business participating in Halloween. To do so is to act against a great number of Scriptures in which God uses the strongest possible language to forbid it. In fact, in most instances, God decreed that people practicing these activities be put to death!

Yet, we see many churches having Halloween parties in which many of these pagan practices are followed! The Apostle Paul gave us strong warning that should stop us dead in our tracks. Listen:

"Let no one delude and deceive you with empty excuses and groundless arguments for these sins, for through these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of rebellion and disobedience." Ephesians 5:6]

Stop listening to people giving you "empty excuses and groundless arguments for these sins", for if you go ahead and participate in this most evil holiday, God shall surely not look away.

One final note on Halloween: if you have been paying attention, you will know that these practices form the heart and soul of the Harry Potter novels and movies. Harry Potter is a wizard, and he comes from a family of witches and wizards [Generational Witchcraft]. His entire existence within these novels revolves around the Hogwarts School of Wizardry and Witchcraft, where Harry and his friends learn all of these 11 forbidden practices.

Author Rowling makes all this Satanic activity seem so cool and so much fun that tens of millions of young children have been attracted to the Dark Arts forbidden by God. Yet, Christian parents and some Christian ministries foolishly swallow the lie that, somehow, these prohibitions do not apply to them as they read and watch Harry Potter.

Truly, I view this unbelievable phenomenon as a symptom of the "apostasy" of the Christian Church foretold by the Apostle Paul as a key sign of the approach of Antichrist.

"Let no one deceive or beguile you in any way, for that day will not come except the apostasy comes first [unless the predicted great falling away of those who have professed to be Christians has come..." [2 Thessalonians 2:2; KJV/Amplified Bible Commentary].

Literally, Christians participating in practices like these opens the door to Antichrist!

CONCLUSION

Since we are obviously living in the End of the Age, what manner of living ought we to be following? The Apostle Peter, speaking through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, told us exactly what kind of life we should be persuing.

"Since all these things are thus in the process of being dissolved, what kind of person ought each of you to be, in the meanwhile, in consecrated and holy behavior and devout and godly qualities, While you wait and earnestly long for (expect and hasten) the coming of the day of God ... So, beloved, since you are expecting these things, be eager to be found by Him, at His coming, without spot or blemish and at peace, in serene confidence, free from fears and agitating passions and moral conflicts." [2 Peter 3:11, 14; Parallel Bible, KJV/Amplified Bible Commentary]

The Apostle Peter urges us who realize the closeness of the hour to be:

"consecrated, holy behavior, devout and godly"

"without spot or blemish and at peace, in serene confidence, free from fears and agitating passions and moral conflicts"

Further, Jesus told us that we would find these Holy Spirit qualities in our life by "separating" from evil. Listen to the sequence in 2 Cor 6:17-18:

Step #1 -- Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate

Step #2 -- Touch not the unclean thing

Step #3 -- and I will receive you, And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty

Whether you like it or not, Jesus will not receive those who try to serve paganism and Christianity. If you are participating in any of these activities that have been spawned by Satanism, you need to closely examine your heart, soul, and mind, ruthlessly purging anything and everything that might hinder you from receiving Jesus' blessing. Believe me, the infilling of the Holy Spirit will more than compensate you for any pleasure you have given up by doing these pagan acts.

Jesus is coming soon, but first Antichrist must come. Are you spiritually ready? Is your family? Are you adequately protecting your loved ones? This is the reason for this ministry, to enable you to first understand the peril facing you, and then help you develop strategies to warn and protect your loved ones. Once you have been thoroughly trained, you can also use your knowledge as a means to open the door of discussion with an unsaved person. I have been able to use it many times, and have seen people come to Jesus Christ as a result. These perilous times are also a time when we can reach many souls for Jesus Christ, making an eternal difference.

If you have accepted Jesus Christ as your personal Savior, but have been very lukewarm in your spiritual walk with Him, you need to immediately ask Him for forgiveness and for renewal. He will instantly forgive you, and fill your heart with the joy of the Holy Spirit. Then, you need to begin a daily walk of prayer and personal Bible Study.

If you have never accepted Jesus Christ as Savior, but have come to realize His reality and the approaching End of the Age, and want to accept His FREE Gift of Eternal Life, you can also do so now, in the privacy of your home. Once you accept Him as Savior, you are spiritually Born Again, and are as assured of Heaven as if you were already there. Then, you can rest assured that the Kingdom of Antichrist will not touch you spiritually.

If you would like to become Born Again, turn to our Salvation Page now.

Reference link can be found below…

http://cuttingedge.org/news/n1796.cfm

In Yeshua's Love
Dale

--------------------

Gramajo320
unregistered

BecauseHeLives,

It's so very sad that you choose to be so close minded where the Catholic Church is concerned and also where holidays are concerned. You truly are so wrong and so close minded! We are not to judge other churches or the people who attend them and I would think that you would know that by now. Surely you have better things to talk about than other churches, what others believe, and what holidays people celebrate!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gramajo320,TEXASGRANDMA,Bat Elohim

quote:
The simple fact that they seem to forget is that no one really knows WHEN his REAL birthday is.

Act 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

Eph 4:18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:

To choose to be ignorant when Yahweh shows you the truth is a dangerous thing.

2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

I have been studing about Jesus for 30 years, I have been studing about the Roman Catholic Church for the same amount of time. What degrees I have or do not have are immaterial. But I have done much indepth studing.

For the most part the Apostles were unlearned fisherman.

Below is only part of a study but it proves when Jesus was born. (as you continue to study you find out why Satan, through the Roman Catholic Church want to do away with all Jewishness of the Scriptures and why it is so important to study the Old Testament)

Yahweh grant you ears to hear, eyes to see and hearts to understand. I live only to serve HIM and His Kingdom.

You are now responsible to obey the Truth.

remember..

2Th 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

.......Each course, therefore, served for one week twice a year, and three times a year they all served (Each course, therefore, served a total of five weeks during the year). The eighth course would therefore serve during the tenth week having allowed for the Feast of Unleavened Bread and the Feast of Weeks, which both occur during the first weeks of the year.

Elizabeth conceived Yochanan (John) the Baptist AFTER Zechariah had finished his Temple service:

Luqas (Luke) 1:23 When his time of service was completed, he returned home. After this his wife Elizabeth became pregnant and for five months remained in seclusion.

Plus forty weeks, for a normal pregnancy, reveals that Yochanan (John) the Baptist was born on Passover. This is interesting because one of the rituals of the Passover is to open the door to welcome Elijah...and Messiah said that Yochanan (John) was the Elijah who was to come! Exactly six months after Yochanan (John)'s conception, Mary conceives Jesus:

Luqas (Luke) 1:23-33 When his time of service was completed, he returned home. After this his wife Elizabeth became pregnant and for five months remained in seclusion. "The Lord has done this for me," she said. "In these days he has shown his favor and taken away my disgrace among the people." In (Elizabeth's) sixth month (of pregnancy), God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a town in Galilee, To a virgin pledged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendant of David. The virgin's name was Mary. The angel went to her and said, "Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you." Mary was greatly troubled at his words and wondered what kind of greeting this might be. But the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary, you have found favor with God. You will be with child and give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, And he will reign over the house of Jacob forever; his kingdom will never end."

If Yochanan (John) the Baptist was conceived in the eleventh week, Yeshua (Jesus) would have been conceived six months later in the month of Kislev. Kislev 25 is Chanukah.

It is noteworthy that our Messiah, the "light of the world", was conceived on the festival of lights (Chanukah)!

So, six months after Yochanan (John) the Baptist is born, Yeshua is born. Therefore, since Yochanan (John) was born on the 15th day of the first month (Nisan), Yeshua (Jesus) would be born on the 15th day of the seventh month...six month later. The 15th day of the seventh month is known as Succoth, or the Feast of Tabernacles.

Yeshua (Jesus) was born on Succoth (The Feast of Tabernacles)!

We find an allusion to Yeshua's birth during Succoth in Yochanan (John)'s Gospel:

Yochanan (John) 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling (succah) among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Remember that a major theme of Succoth is JOY! With this in mind ...

Luqas (Luke) 2:4-11 So Joseph also went up from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to Bethlehem the town of David, because he belonged to the house and line of David. He went there to register with Mary, who was pledged to be married to him and was expecting a child. While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born, And she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn. And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord.

And ...

Matityahu (Matthew) 2:7-12 Then Herod called the Magi secretly and found out from them the exact time the star had appeared. He sent them to Bethlehem and said, "Go and make a careful search for the child. As soon as you find him, report to me, so that I too may go and worship him." After they had heard the king, they went on their way, and the star they had seen in the east went ahead of them until it stopped over the place where the child was. When they saw the star, they were overjoyed. On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold and of incense and of myrrh. And having been warned in a dream not to go back to Herod, they returned to their country by another route.

The following chart shows the birth details:

The Festival Calendar

MONTH NAME # of EVENT

DAYS

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nisan (Aviv) 30 Pesach (14th) Yochanan (John) the Baptist is born.

Iyar (zif) 29

Sivan 30 Elizabeth gets pregnant (11th week) Luqas (Luke) 1:24

Tammuz 29

Av 30

Elul 29

Tishri (Ethanim) 30 Succoth (15th) Yeshua is born.

Succoth (22nd - Feast of Conclusion) (circumcised)

Cheshvan (Bul) 30

Kislev 30 Chanukah (25th) Mary gets pregnant. Luqas (Luke) 1:26

Tevet 29

Shevat 30

Adar 30

Yochanan (John) the Baptist and Jesus:

-----------------

4 months of 29 days = 116 days plus

5 months of 30 days = 150 days

---

total = 266 days minus

Human gestation period is 280 days

---

14 days more, thus the middle of Tishrei

XVI. Yeshua begins His Ministry

Yeshua began His ministry on the anniversary of His brit, His circumcision:

Luqas (Luke) 3:21-22a When all the people were being baptized, Jesus was baptized too. And as he was praying, heaven was opened And the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: "You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased." Now Jesus himself was about thirty years old when he began his ministry.

His was the Yom HaKippurim immersion (baptism) of repentance. He was immersed on the day before the most solemn day of the year, in preparation for the feast of the Day of Atonement.

Vayikra (Leviticus) 23:36 For seven days present offerings made to HaShem by fire, and on the eighth day hold a sacred assembly and present an offering made to HaShem by fire. It is the closing assembly; do no regular work.

Luqas (Luke) 2:21 On the eighth day, when it was time to circumcise him, he was named Jesus, the name the angel had given him before he had been conceived.

Jesus was circumcised on the Feast of Conclusion!

Yochanan (John) 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

4637 skenoo, skay-no'-o; from 4636; to tent or encamp, i.e. (fig.) to occupy (as a mansion) or (spec.) to reside (as God did in the Tabernacle of old, a symbol of protection and communion):-dwell.

-------------------- Dictionary Trace ------------------

4636 skenos, skay'-nos; from 4633; a hut or temporary residence, i.e. (fig.) the human body (as the abode of the spirit):-tabernacle.

Isn't it curious that our messiah was incarnate into a temporary body into a temporary dwelling (manger, cave, whatever).

Luqas (Luke) 2:4-7 So Joseph also went up from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to Bethlehem the town of David, because he belonged to the house and line of David. He went there to register with Mary, who was pledged to be married to him and was expecting a child. While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born, And she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn.

5336 phatne, fat'-nay; from pateomai (to eat); a crib (for fodder):-manger, stall.

Vayikra (Leviticus) 23:34 "Say to the Israelites: 'On the fifteenth day of the seventh month HaShem's Feast of Tabernacles begins, and it lasts for seven days.

5521 cukkah, sook-kaw'; fem. of 5520; a hut or lair:-booth, cottage, covert, pavilion, tabernacle, tent.

------------------- Dictionary Trace --------------------

5520 cok, soke; from 5526; a hut (as of entwined boughs); also a lair:- covert, den, pavilion, tabernacle.

XVII. Pagan Feasts

Lets explore the origins of Christmas and Easter. We will start with Christmas:

The Babylonians, Egyptians, Greeks, and Romans all celebrated a pagan festival at the time of the winter solstice (the "Brumalia" of the Romans, and "Saturnalia" of the Greeks on December 25th), with their traditional trees, commemorating Nimrod's "resurrection". Yule logs, orbs and bulbs symbolizing eggs, and sexual reproduction, and especially the mistletoe, which was an important feature of Druidism.

According to the Encyclopedia Brittanica; Christmas was first established as a feast in the fourth century. In the fifth century the western church ordered it to be celebrated forever on the day of the old Roman feast of the birth of Sol. Among the German and Celtic tribes the winter solstice was considered an important point of the year, and they held their chief festival of Yule to commemorate the return of the burning wheel. The holly, the mistletoe, the yule log and the wassail bowl are relics of a pre-christian era.

The Christmas tree, now so common among us, was equally common in Pagan Rome and Pagan Egypt. In Egypt that tree was a palm tree; in Rome it was the fir tree; the palm tree denoting the Pagan Messiah, as Baal-Tamar, the fir referring to him as Ball-Berith. The mother of Adonis, the Sun-God and great mediatorial divinity, was mystically said to have been changed into a tree, and when in that state to have brought forth her divine son.[26] If the mother was a tree, the son must have been recognized as the "Man of the Branch". And this entirely accounts for the putting of the Yule Log into the fire on Christmas eve, and the appearance of the Christmas tree the next morning.[27]

The Christmas tree can also be found in scripture:

Yirimiyah (Jeremiah) 10:3-5 For the customs of the peoples are worthless; they cut a tree out of the forest, and a craftsman shapes it with his chisel. They adorn it with silver and gold; they fasten it with hammer and nails so it will not totter. Like a scarecrow in a melon patch, their idols cannot speak; they must be carried because they cannot walk. Do not fear them; they can do no harm nor can they do any good."

The 25th of December, the day that was observed at Rome as the day when the victorious god, Baal-Berith, reappeared on earth, was held at the Natalis invictisolis, "The birthday of the unconquered Sun." Now the Yule Log is the dead stock of Nimrod, deified as the sun-god, but cut down by his enemies; the Christmas tree is Nimrod redivivus - the slain god come to life again.3

The mistletoe bough, in Druidic superstition, was derived from Babylon, and was a representation of Messiah, "The man the branch". The mistletoe was regarded as a divine branch - a branch that came down from heaven, and grew upon a tree that sprang out of the earth. Thus by the engrafting of the celestial branch into the earthly tree, heaven and earth, that sin had severed, were joined together, and thus the mistletoe bough became the token of Divine reconciliation to man, the kiss being the well known token of pardon and reconciliation.3

Now, lets examine the origins of Easter:

The Encyclopedia Brittanica indicates that the date for Easter was changed by Constantine the Great in 325 A.D.. He summoned the famous council of Nicaea. It was decided that Easter must be celebrated everywhere on the same day and this day must be Sunday. It must be the first Sunday after the full moon following the vernal equinox, March 21, with one reservation. If the full moon happens upon a Sunday, Easter-day is the Sunday after. The reason for this exception reveals the depth of the division between the Church and the Synagogue. For whenever the full moon fell on Sunday, Easter would be celebrated on the same day as the biblical Passover. Hence, the postponement for a week, to avoid the coincidence.

Ashtoreth was the "queen of heaven" in:

Yirimiyah (Jeremiah) 7:16-20 "So do not pray for this people nor offer any plea or petition for them; do not plead with me, for I will not listen to you. Do you not see what they are doing in the towns of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem? The children gather wood, the fathers light the fire, and the women knead the dough and make cakes of bread for the Queen of Heaven. They pour out drink offerings to other gods to provoke me to anger. But am I the one they are provoking? declares HaShem. Are they not rather harming themselves, to their own shame? "'Therefore this is what the Sovereign HaShem says: My anger and my wrath will be poured out on this place, on man and beast, on the trees of the field and on the fruit of the ground, and it will burn and not be quenched.

Yirimiyah (Jeremiah) 44:15-30 Then all the men who knew that their wives were burning incense to other gods, along with all the women who were present--a large assembly--and all the people living in Lower and Upper Egypt, said to Yirimiyah (Jeremiah), "We will not listen to the message you have spoken to us in the name of HaShem! We will certainly do everything we said we would: We will burn incense to the Queen of Heaven and will pour out drink offerings to her just as we and our fathers, our kings and our officials did in the towns of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem. At that time we had plenty of food and were well off and suffered no harm. But ever since we stopped burning incense to the Queen of Heaven and pouring out drink offerings to her, we have had nothing and have been perishing by sword and famine." The women added, "When we burned incense to the Queen of Heaven and poured out drink offerings to her, did not our husbands know that we were making cakes like her image and pouring out drink offerings to her?" Then Yirimiyah (Jeremiah) said to all the people, both men and women, who were answering him, "Did not HaShem remember and think about the incense burned in the towns of Judah and the streets of Jerusalem by you and your fathers, your kings and your officials and the people of the land? When HaShem could no longer endure your wicked actions and the detestable things you did, your land became an object of cursing and a desolate waste without inhabitants, as it is today. Because you have burned incense and have sinned against HaShem and have not obeyed him or followed his law or his decrees or his stipulations, this disaster has come upon you, as you now see." Then Yirimiyah (Jeremiah) said to all the people, including the women, "Hear the word of HaShem, all you people of Judah in Egypt. This is what HaShem Almighty, the God of Israel, says: You and your wives have shown by your actions what you promised when you said, 'We will certainly carry out the vows we made to burn incense and pour out drink offerings to the Queen of Heaven.' "Go ahead then, do what you promised! Keep your vows! But hear the word of HaShem, all Jews living in Egypt: 'I swear by my great name,' says HaShem, 'that no one from Judah living anywhere in Egypt will ever again invoke my name or swear, "As surely as the Sovereign HaShem lives." For I am watching over them for harm, not for good; the Jews in Egypt will perish by sword and famine until they are all destroyed. Those who escape the sword and return to the land of Judah from Egypt will be very few. Then the whole remnant of Judah who came to live in Egypt will know whose word will stand--mine or theirs. "'This will be the sign to you that I will punish you in this place,' declares HaShem, 'so that you will know that my threats of harm against you will surely stand.' This is what HaShem says: 'I am going to hand Pharaoh Hophra king of Egypt over to his enemies who seek his life, just as I handed Zedekiah king of Judah over to Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon, the enemy who was seeking his life.'"

The cakes they made contained a symbol of the sun, formed by an X, like the solar wheel worshipped by Constantine. Among the Teutons of medieval times, these cakes were called "bous" or "boun" for "bull". The word "boun" is the origin of our English word for "bun" and is seen today in "hot-cross buns". These "bun" are baked and eaten in the day of Ishtar (pronounced Easter today, as then), in honor of the queen of heaven whose symbols were fecundity and sexuality like rabbits, eggs, and the lily.

This study was written by Hillel ben David

(Greg Killian).

complete study found at...

http://tckillian.com/greg/succoth.html

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement