Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Polls Only   » Televangelists - Again/Still

Author Topic: Televangelists - Again/Still
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One should not be able to vote on this poll as there are some good televangelists.

But I do believe there are MANY out to promote themselves and see how much money they can get for their own personal use.

We are suppost to Judge People acording to the word of God. So don't let the old saying we should not Judge people fool you. They have twisted this. You should not judge people acording to your opinion. But judge them acording to the word of God.

Read the Bible it is all in there. Don't take other peoples word for it. Know if for your self!!!

-

1 Corinthians 6:1-3 (KJV)
Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints? Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

1 Corinthians 10:15 (KJV)
I speak as to wise men; judge ye what I say.

1 Corinthians 6:5 (KJV)
I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren?

[type]

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TEXASGRANDMA:
Again, I am so sorry that I came accross as juding your question because, believe me that was not my intent.

Don't worry about it Betty - no hard feelings. [wave3] [Smile]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
His Grace,
I realized today that my answer may have offended you. I am so sorry. I meant no disrespect of you, honey. I honestly just don't know how to answer. I see some people on T.V. who preach God's Word and I just don't know. I have often said that Benny Hinn makes me nervous, but I can see that he has been used by God to bring many people to Christ. So, I chose not to vote because just because a man makes me nervous does not mean I am in a position to know his heart. Again, I am so sorry that I came accross as juding your question because, believe me that was not my intent.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Waterdog
Advanced Member
Member # 24

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Waterdog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ripp:
We are told to be weary of false prophets...

I'm tired of them, too, but I'm pretty sure we are told to be wary of them. I've ignored this mistake so many times and just can't handle it anymore! [pound]

--------------------
So let us go forth to Him outside the camp (Heb 13:11-14)
 -  -

Posts: 374 | From: Austin, TX | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CBJ wrote:

quote:
Oh for goodness sake! The question was "Do you think that 'for the most part' they are men and women of God"? It's a question worth answering--nothing particularly earth-changing about it, I don't think! You have opinions about other things, don't you?

Then voice your opinion about this!

If you think it's worth answering, then go ahead. Why attack someone for choosing NOT to vote? If I remember correctly, we all have the freedom to make decisions without being coerced...

[1zhelp] [clap2] [dance] [dance] [Cross]

CBJ
Community Member
Member # 3810

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CBJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TEXASGRANDMA:
This is one poll I can't vote on. I don't feel I have the right. I leave the judging to them to God. He knows their hearts.

Oh for goodness sake! The question was "Do you think that 'for the most part' they are men and women of God"? It's a question worth answering--nothing particularly earth-changing about it, I don't think! You have opinions about other things, don't you?

Then voice your opinion about this!

CBJ

Posts: 13 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by HisGrace:
For those who feel as if they would be judging by answering this poll - we aren't naming names or pointing any fingers.

I was hoping that we could use discernment, not judgment, in making our decisions.

I understand, however, I still don't know how to answer this question. We are told to be weary of false prophets (I'm not implying any of them are) yet some of these evangelists have brought many to the Lord. When I watch some of them on T.V. I get an awkward feeling about them. Some I don't. And without knowing them personally, I'm not sure I can answer the question. I have met with my pastor and had conversations with him which has led me to believe he is a Godly man. However, since I can't sit down and have lunch with the televangelists, I don't feel qualified to answer. Let me say that I would HOPE that they were, but how can we be sure? Only God knows the hearts of each and every one of us. And with the church in the shape that it is in today, I think we have to be extra careful with who we support. I for one won't give offerings to an organization or church of which I don't know exactly how it is being used. I would rather have my tithes and offerings going to support people in need vs. a larger condo in Vail for instance. Another example is if you supported the Presbyterian Church U.S.A. you would be supporting the withdrawl of financial support to Israel. The falling away is happening and I pray that we all can see through the smokescreens. It isn't easy...God help us.

Waterdog
Advanced Member
Member # 24

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Waterdog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just because someone is "successful" doesn't mean God put them there. Look at Ozzy Ozborne. He's "successful." Adolf Hitler was "successful." Osama Bin Laden is "successful."....

--------------------
So let us go forth to Him outside the camp (Heb 13:11-14)
 -  -

Posts: 374 | From: Austin, TX | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

For those who feel as if they would be judging by answering this poll - we aren't naming names or pointing any fingers.

I was hoping that we could use discernment, not judgment, in making our decisions.

Favor Minded
unregistered

BHL -

Do you understand the parable of the five talents?

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

This statement is spoken not to the world, but to the Church,

Those in the world are having a good time going to hell, only those that have heard the Gospel are seeking entrance at the straight gate.

Understanding the Parable of the Sower, Yeshua said if you don't understand this, you will not understand any of His doctrine.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Endoxos
Advanced Member
Member # 2929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Endoxos   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I say yes, in general. There are, of course, those who seek their own gain, those who have their heads so far up in the clouds they are no longer well grounded, and then there are those who truly seek God and His will...

...just like everyone else.

--------------------
My signature is apisdn umop.

Posts: 362 | From: HELP! I'm stuck in a DOS window! | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 20 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is one poll I can't vote on. I don't feel I have the right. I leave the judging to them to God. He knows their hearts.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

Iv'e been thinking about how to answer this and can't come up with an answer that keeps my Spirit at ease. I must defer my vote to God. I can see the problems with the denominational churches and where they are headed, but on a personal level it's harder to say. This is a difficult question to say the least. I can say that it is getting harder to tell who's who and what's what in these last days. [Frown]

Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bat Elohim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I said yes, because I believe that God has placed a call on their lives and wouldn't have given them success unless He, Himself intended it.

Power corrupts, and tv evangelists are human. None of us are perfect, we all have weaknesses and fail.

But God is shown strong in our weakness.

--------------------
Numbers 6:24 May ADONAI bless you and keep you. 25 May ADONAI make his face shine on you and show you his favor. 26 May ADONAI lift up his face toward you and give you peace.

Posts: 704 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Do you believe that televangelists, for the most part, are true men/women of God?

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement