Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Polls Only   » Is divorce by a woman OK?

Author Topic: Is divorce by a woman OK?
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I could not answer the poll because I did not find an answer that fit my thoughts. My answer would go something like this:

God hates divorce. Divorce is never God's solution to marital problems. In many cases Divorce is sin because it is a failure to trust God. All sins can be cleansed by the confession, repentence, and the blood of Jesus.

More important I think that this issue of divorce and what God feels about it is the issue of marriage and what God feels about it. Most people marry as an act of legal agreement and not blood covenant. There is a huge difference between a contractual marital agreement and a covenant of marriage in which two people become ONE under the Authority of God Almighty.

I believe that God intends us to have covenant marriage in which we never leave nor forsake. This is the example of the marriage between Christ and the Bride/church. In this case, divorce is not forbidden it is simply not a possibility or an option. You can not separate that which God joins. When both people enter the covenant with that knowing Divorce does not happen.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mairy: I have been wanting to say HI because I thought that I had seen you post that you once lived in the Black Hills. If that was you... HI from the Black Hills! [wave3]

I also wanted to thank you for your testimony. I am divorced and I initiated it. I had grounds, but it was still wrong. Most people do not understand today, when I say that I was wrong to do that and though I would not go back and I am now remarried and very blessed in this marriage. I and my children have suffered consquences of my sin and I had to go to God and confess. And that included confessing that I understand my error and I understand that it amounted to not trusting God. That was hard!

I am Thankful today that God is merciful and he has allowed me to come to understand covenant and has allowed me to form one with a wonderful man with a desire to please and serve God. But that does not mean there were not consequences.

I admire your faith and the fact that you stood your ground. I admire even more that today you can say that though it meant losing much you know you did the right thing.

I am sure that you will find reward for your faithfulness in Heaven.

God Bless you Sister and thanks again for your testimony.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mairy
Advanced Member
Member # 1830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mairy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Divorcing a Christian husband is very difficult. My own husband left me after 23 years for another woman. It turns out he had had a number of woman over the years. He was a well respected Elder in our church and I was totally blindsided. He told me to file for divorce because I had bibical grounds. I told him I refused to participate in something I knew God hated and would not ever file. If he wanted a divorce he would have to file himself, after a year of my refusing he did file and divorce me. However, I know woman that have been in very difficult situations regarding divorce. I only know that it was and still is a long hard road for Christian woman who have been left. Anyone being abused needs to get away from that husband right away. But, I still do not have any doubts that I should not have filed for divorce as a Christian, even though I lost everything. It has not been easy, but I could not divorce him. I also, would never judge any woman that has been forced to initiate divorce proceedings.
Posts: 52 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
not-yet-banned
Advanced Member
Member # 2423

Icon 1 posted      Profile for not-yet-banned     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The question arises as to whether it is OK for a Christian women to divorce her husband. Of course, I have my own opinion, which is "No, it is never OK". I say that up front. But I understand that some people think differently. But how differently? That is the question.

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 10 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Vote Now     View Poll Results

Posts: 57 | From: UK | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement