Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Polls Only   » So where is everyone from?

Author Topic: So where is everyone from?
mhead66
Member # 1561

Icon 21 posted      Profile for mhead66     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I live in Glen Burnie, Maryland, but I'm from beautiful Elizabeth, Pennsylvania
Posts: 2 | From: Glen Burnie,MD | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kac4Him
Advanced Member
Member # 283

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kac4Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From New Jersey here [wave3] no place you ever heard of probley unless you read a bag of M&m's [spiny]

--------------------
is a adult by age but a teen at heart

Posts: 126 | From: New Jersey, usa and the world | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, born in Brooklyn brought up in Puerto Rico and know living in Stockton, CA

One Wife
Two Kids
Two Dogs
Two Cats

Big family [Big Grin] [spiny] [updown]

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Black Hills of South Dakota here [wave3]

And by the way daniel, I dont know what Wasichu is in Mankato, but here in the Dakota Territory, it is a not very nice Lakota Sioux name for "white man"

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daniel S
Advanced Member
Member # 1714

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daniel S   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gary:
...I'm from Mankato, Minnesota, USA...

Gary [cool_shades]

...and I'd bet (if I were a bettin' man) that you and I are both members of the Wasichu "tribe" [roll on floor] [pound] [roll on floor] [pound] [wave3] How(dy)

Dan S

(did I spell that right?)

--------------------
The Lord bless you indeed.
http://www.First-EMC.org (shameless self promotion)

Posts: 436 | From: on the Ohio River | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gary
Advanced Member
Member # 523

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back on subject...

I'm from Mankato, Minnesota, USA, about 75 miles southwest of Minneapolis where the Minnesota River suddenly bends north.

Gary [cool_shades]

--------------------
"For the wages of sin is death,
but the free gift of God is eternal life
in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Romans 6:23 NASB

Posts: 436 | From: Mankato, Minnesota | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
not-yet-banned
Advanced Member
Member # 2423

Icon 1 posted      Profile for not-yet-banned     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, I take your point. May be I was being a little judgmental. That reflects some very bad experiences I had with authority based semi-cultic Christian groups, which really screwed up my life for a time. If you would like to discuss anything I said, please let me know.
Posts: 57 | From: UK | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annointedlady
Community Member
Member # 2425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annointedlady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NYB because we are in danger of diverting this thread and maybe already are I I think we ought to talk more on another one. However I do think to judge a sermon without hearing it is unfair. I know the man of God who preached it and the majority who attended that sermon k now exactly how good the preaching was. It was the best sermon I heard ever on authority precisely because it was not controlling. It really helped me understand the blessing in obeying authority and also when we do not abuse conscience. To get through to a natural rebel like me it must have been good!

[Roll Eyes]

love in Jesus
Annointed lady

ps we should start another thread wherever to discuss this further as otherwise this one is not about where we all physically come from and will put people off!

--------------------
The joy of the Lord is my strength

Posts: 12 | From: UK | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
not-yet-banned
Advanced Member
Member # 2423

Icon 1 posted      Profile for not-yet-banned     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hampshire is a very pleasant county. But if was young, I would find it difficult to buy a house in Hampshire. Large parts of it are however being concreted over to make way for the 1/2 million per annum immigrants.....

What you say about the "bishop" is very interesting. Yes, I would agree that his only interest is in ingratiating himself - but not with the goldy amongst men, but with all sorts whom I would never admit as Christians in a million years. As you may or may not have gathered, I do not regard the CofE as a true church, but a gnostic church - being deeply heretical. That is not to say that there may be some goldy people within it, and I am sure there are - like the persecuted Bishop of Chester - but all in all, I regard the CofE in pretty much the same way as Luther, Calvin et al. regarded the Catholic church in the middle ages - i.e. a bastion of antichrist.

quote:
Originally posted by annointedlady:
I am trying to work out how to say this because we have had the most awesome sermon yesterday about why we need to respect authority

In respect of what you say above, I would have grave reservations about the giver of that sermon, and indeed that church's theology in general. For me, its "been there, done it many years ago". I would have been seriously tempted to walk out of a sermon like that. A true Christian will lead largly by example, not lecture people on why they should respect authority (the kind of lecture that you would expect from a chief constable). God gives us liberty to choose whom to esteem, and so did Christ, whom did not esteem the Pharisees one iota, although he largely (but not always) obeyed them because "they stood in Moses seat". Similarly, I obey whom I have to, but the Anglican hierarchy are not people whom I have to obey and I esteem them not.

As far as multi-culturalism is concerned, I see no advantage in it. The world has not been made any happier because of it - in fact considerably unhappier. I regard happy-clappy pentecostal churches, which are beloved of immigrants, as usually a considerable way from orthodoxy. Although the meetings can be almost cultic in intensity, they are often shallow and devoid of true theological insight. I am a firm believer in the maintance of the biblical doctrines concerning 1 Cor 14;33,34 and 1 Cor 11;2-16 etc, which are almost universally rejected in such churches (note 1 Cor 14;38 - "If he ignores this, he himself will be ignored"). And I reject tithing and all forms of enforced giving as unacceptable hallmarks of legalism, which again, you will find very much in evidence in those sorts of churches. But actually, under close scrutiny and beneath the surface, many of them fail the test of obedience over and over again.

Anyway, as Paul said, Phl 1:18

quote:
What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.
but he also said about legalistic churches Gal 1;8

quote:

But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned!

...interesting.
Posts: 57 | From: UK | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annointedlady
Community Member
Member # 2425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annointedlady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have met him as he was one of the trustees of an organisation I used to work for.

Actually I have been to dinner at his house in the dim and distant past.

I am trying to work out how to say this because we have had the most awesome sermon yesterday about why we need to respect authority and I am not about to speak out if he has some kind of authority in any way against the man: but I do feel he needs to look before God at what he is preaching and saying. Some of it is not Biblical. I feel he compromises. To really follow Jesus you cannot compromise and curry favour from man.

How can I put it? I have never been impressed. He does not hold the best record as far as the evangelical and charismatic churches here are concerned.

Traditional Cof E is about the furthest dimension within Christianity away from me. I am the kind who has to be somewhere where you can dance and sing and praise and worship and not be inhibited. I go to a very multicultural church with a lot of people from Africa in the congregation. My senior Pastors are Jamaican. But there are English people in leadership and many other cultures all mixed in. It suits me to the ground. I don't have to be English white and middle class there. Either it is all out sold out for Jesus or nothing. I am just not quiet enough for some English people and I like to be where I see people get saved weekly. I love my church. (Christian Life Centre).

I love Hampshire. It is the best and quickest place for a day by the sea from Oxford so I often hit the A34 and get at least as far as Poole.

love in Jesus
Annointedlady

--------------------

Posts: 12 | From: UK | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
not-yet-banned
Advanced Member
Member # 2423

quote:
Originally posted by annointedlady:
You don't know.....Oxford!

And before you ask yes I was a student but not at the Oxford Uni.....Oxford Brookes and before that I was there when it was a poly.

I live not far away, Hampshire. I have been to Oxford a few times but not recently. So what denomination are you then, CofE? Oxford has a bad reputation with that awful "Bishop of Oxford" - as Polycarp fled from the public bath when Cerenthius entered lest the roof collapse in judgment on him, I would certainly think twice about going into the same church as that bishop for the same reason.
annointedlady
Community Member
Member # 2425

You don't know.....Oxford!

And before you ask yes I was a student but not at the Oxford Uni.....Oxford Brookes and before that I was there when it was a poly.

love in Jesus

Annointedlady

--------------------

not-yet-banned
Advanced Member
Member # 2423

quote:
I am from the City of Dreaming Spires?[/QB]
Oh, and where is that?
annointedlady
Community Member
Member # 2425

Icon 6 posted      Profile for annointedlady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me too - I am from the City of Dreaming Spires. [Razz] . It could be worse NYB we could be in lots of other even worse places and at least you can get a good cup of tea here.

In Jesus

Annointedlady

--------------------

not-yet-banned
Advanced Member
Member # 2423

I am from that fascist police state called Britain.
Joyful Heart
Advanced Member
Member # 2407

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joyful Heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi [wave3]

I am from Florida. It's beautiful here today. The sun is shining, there are nice white puffy clouds in the sky, and the birds are singing.

Posts: 28 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wilibald
Community Member
Member # 2337

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wilibald     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am from yorkshire! [Big Grin]
Posts: 10 | From: Somewhere? | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jippia
Member # 2402

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jippia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am from Apeldoorn, the Netherlands. [clap2]

--------------------
Aunt to God's miracles Joas, Nathan and Jessica

Posts: 6 | From: Apeldoorn, the Netherlands | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
URCGSF
Advanced Member
Member # 2194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for URCGSF   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I live in Norwich, Norfolk, England!!!
Posts: 28 | From: Norwich, Norfolk, England | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JP
Advanced Member
Member # 2151

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good ole' White Lake, Michigan! (about 40 miles north of Detroit).

--------------------
John
http://www.christianscorner.com

I believe!

Posts: 36 | From: Michigan | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LogansGranny
Community Member
Member # 2340

Icon 16 posted      Profile for LogansGranny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Richmond, Indiana here!
[clap2]

Posts: 14 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chezza10
Community Member
Member # 2169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chezza10     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perth
Australia

Posts: 12 | From: Australia | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slina
Advanced Member
Member # 2272

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Slina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm from Kansas.
Posts: 45 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Han-a
Advanced Member
Member # 2209

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Han-a   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know something I come from Nottingham and have lived there all my life but my heart is reallly in the North, in Blackpool [spiny]

--------------------
Han-a

If Satan knocks at the door let Jesus answer it.

Posts: 200 | From: Nottingham | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mairy
Advanced Member
Member # 1830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mairy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just moved back to Boston where I am from. Have lived in the Black Hills of South Dakota and in the foothills of The Rocky Mountains in Colorado.
But, then I see the ocean again and my heart is here.

Posts: 52 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 10 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Texas but currently living in Washington State.
( [hyper] Been here less than a month)

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Han-a
Advanced Member
Member # 2209

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Han-a   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I [clap2] sn't amazing how the gospel and Christianity unites us? We are all from different places in the world, we all have different talents and interests but we are all united by the gospel and our faith in Christ.

--------------------
Han-a

Posts: 200 | From: Nottingham | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daniel S
Advanced Member
Member # 1714

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daniel S   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Currently residing on both sides of the Ohio River in the vicinity of Cincinnati. I claim Ohio, Kentucky, Texas, S. Carolina, Florida, three different places in Germany, and Korea (not necessarily in that order), and I have minor claims (lived for a shorter while or close ties with) in many other places, like New Mexico.

lee j. - Do you know where Hardin Ranch is? I spent quite a bit of time along the Rio Grande in and near Socorro and T-or-C, the west side of WSMR and down near the Texas border south of Pinion. You've got a beautiful state and great bunch of guardsmen.

Dan

PS: Yes, I have visited the Tularosa National Forrest. [Wink]

--------------------
The Lord bless you indeed.
http://www.First-EMC.org (shameless self promotion)

Posts: 436 | From: on the Ohio River | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TwinsGranny
Advanced Member
Member # 2137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TwinsGranny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Southern, Illinois (not far from St. Louis, MO....state of my birth!).. [youpi]
Posts: 218 | From: Illinois | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don2on
Member # 2255

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Don2on     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
II am from part of the promised land, Barrie, Ontario, Canada. May The Love of God be passed around to the " UNSAVED"
Posts: 2 | From: Barrie, On., Can. | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RioLion
unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I live on the west side of the Rio Grande and in view of the Sandia Mtns - sort of out in the desert.
[hyper]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 2 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Texas

Fruit City

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ephesian
Advanced Member
Member # 2248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ephesian   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alabama here, but I lived in Arkansas 20 years.
Posts: 21 | From: Alabama | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
charitee
Community Member
Member # 1928

Icon 1 posted      Profile for charitee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi.. from Singapore! [wave3]
Posts: 14 | From: a tiny island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Waterdog
Advanced Member
Member # 24

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Waterdog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look down about an inch and you'll see! [wave3] [pound]

--------------------
So let us go forth to Him outside the camp (Heb 13:11-14)
 -  -

Posts: 374 | From: Austin, TX | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Han-a
Advanced Member
Member # 2209

I'm from Nottingham, England [clap2]

--------------------
Han-a

MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 16 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just curious where everyone is from.

I am from the state of Arkansas.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
kneeling down I kiss your feet,
Grace abounds upon me now,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.
The gift of God dwells within,
To this love I now give in.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement