Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » Stepping Stones

Author Topic: Stepping Stones
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THere is one that sticks CLOSER than a BROHTER..

Seek HIM while HE may be found~

[Kiss]

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
disciple
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes if we could just grasp this, stepping stones to greatness in Jesus. Its hard sometimes not to focus on the issues of life, but this is a true post in which we need to (In Jesus) step over our problems.

quote:
Have you considered, "Life would be more pleasant if you could forget your troubles as easily as you forget your blessings!"
That stung, but true. [uhoh]

Lets use our probs as steping stones of life to the glory of God the Father.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 2 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Use Obstacles As Stepping Stones To Blessings

We cannot always control our circumstances, but we have control over how we look at them.

This post has been a blessing...

[Cross]

--------------------

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 16 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Use Obstacles As Stepping Stones To Blessings

Philippians 1:12,13 But I want you to know, brethren, that the things which happened to me have actually turned out for the furtherance of the gospel, so that it has become evident to the whole palace guard, and to all the rest, - -.

Daniel would never have become governor, had he not been put into the lion’s den. Job became a hero because of the trials that he went through. Paul had the opportunity to write some of his epistles because he was imprisoned. These three men had one thing in common; they never threw up their hands and quit. If they had, success would never have come to them.

The next time you see a starving child shivering in the cold and angrily ask God how He could allow such suffering, remember that He also made YOU. What am I saying? Don’t blame God, you do something about it! Remember that Jesus said, “Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.” (Matt 25:40)

Have you considered, "Life would be more pleasant if you could forget your troubles as easily as you forget your blessings!" The truth is, your “blessings” are quite often in the mess that you age going through. Have you ever pouted because you didn’t get what you wanted? Come on now, be honest. It could be that not getting what you wanted, is the best thing that happened to you.

My friend, the circumstances that touch your heart,are the very places you will find your greatest gratification. It is possible that the issue that angers you the most, is the thing that God has called you to solve. This may come as a surprise to you, but God doesn't waste experience. He can take your nasty past and use it to serve your fruitful future. Don’t forget that He said, “all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.”(Romans 8:28)

God is able to use your misery to become your ministry. He can use it to reach individuals that you could not empathize with before, much less reach out too. Remember how Paul said, “I want you to know, brethren, that the things which happened to me have actually turned out for the furtherance of the gospel." (Text above)

My friend, how can you never lighten, the load unless you first have felt the pressure in your own soul. You will never be used of God to bring blessing, until you let God open your eyes, so you see things as they really are.

Could it be you are spending a great deal of time and effort, vainly looking for blessings already available to you? Do you pray for God's light, although He has already supplied light in abundance through His Word? What you need to do is to follow the light you already have. How often have you prayed for strength, although His Word tells you that you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you? (Phil. 4:13)

Do you pray for more love, although Paul says that God's own love is already poured out within your heart through the Holy Spirit? (Rom. 5:5) How about grace? Doesn’t God plainly say the grace He has already given, is sufficient? (2 Cor. 12:9) And then there is peace, hasn’t God given you His own peace, "which surpasses all comprehension?" (Phil. 4:7)

My friend, you should pray for such blessings, if the tone of the prayer is one of seeking the grace to appropriate what is already given, rather than one of pleading for something you think is scarcely available, or is reluctantly shared by God.

Look at the problems around you, and in your life, as OPPORTUNITIES. The obstacles can be used as "stepping stones to blessings." If you will look at your life through the eyes of Paul, you can echo with him, “The things that have happened to me have actually helped me.”

Obstacles or opportunities: It just depends upon the way you look at them. That is up to you. Think about it!

Rev. Russ McDonald

Reprinted by Permission
http://dailymeditations.cc/NewSubscriptions.html.

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement