Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Israel the Promised Land   » Who Are the Palestinians?

Author Topic: Who Are the Palestinians?
limey boosk
Community Member
Member # 1866

Icon 1 posted      Profile for limey boosk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tell that to the school kids who get shot by the Isreali Army for throwing stones at dulldozers.

In my eyes, there is evil in both sides of the conflict. There is also the bright ray of hope from intelligent people on both sides. i saw a debate on British ITV the other morning with intelligent people from both sides sitting down and considering solutions.

Posts: 11 | From: England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Palestinians are Syrians, Jordanians and Egyptians that were exploited by their own people who called them not to accept citizenship aand full rights including the right to vote in Israel that was offered to them, when the land that was by treaty given to Israel was taken by back by force in the 1967 war.

The Syrian Jordainian, and Egyptian government called them not to take citizen ship, but did not offer them homes in their own native lands, but made them refugee there.

They were exploited by their own people for polical gain... not of israel, but of thier own Arab brothers.

Indeed we should find compassion for their condtion, but we should also be very clear in understanding who is is that exploits and opresses them.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
limey boosk
Community Member
Member # 1866

Icon 1 posted      Profile for limey boosk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In reply to your post 'Who are the palestinians'.

I would offer my own opinion.

The Palestinians are an oppressed people, which have been kicked out of their homes during the last 50 years. It is true that they perform suicide bombings which are atrocious, but it is unfair to lay 100% af the blame for the conflict on Palestines door. Many Palestinians, although Muslim , pray for peace, they pray for the day when the Israeli army doesn't send in a gunship to eradicate half their neighbourhood.

Both sides have performed wicked and attrocious acts.

We must be understanding and sympathetic to both sides.

Posts: 11 | From: England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paula
Advanced Member
Member # 551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excerpted from "Who are the Palestinians?"
By Hal Lindsey

One of the most misunderstood issues today is the question of "Who are the Palestinians"? The truth about this matter has been so deliberately obscured that even to raise the question will seem strange to most readers.

In my book, "The Everlasting Hatred, the Roots of Jihad," I trace the history of the people now being called the "Palestinians." The land of Israel became known as Palestine after the Roman destruction of Israel in A.D. 70. It was ruled by many different invaders for the following 19 centuries.

In the 7th century, the Muslims took control of Palestine for the first time. From A.D. 635 until 1917, the Muslims ruled it, with only a few interruptions by the European Crusaders. During that span of time, the land was reduced to total desolation. Many people who traveled the land in the 19th century remarked on the fact that Palestine was as desolate as the moon and very few people lived there.

By all eyewitness accounts of that era, Palestine was a total desolation. There were virtually no trees and no people. Because of lack of trees, the weather changed and it rarely ever rained. The irrigation systems of the once fertile valleys were all destroyed, rendering most areas into malaria-ridden swamps. The terraces of the mountainsides were torn down, causing terrible erosion that left only barren rocks. This was the condition of Palestine by the beginning of the 19th century.

To everyone's amazement, the Jews were very successful at reclaiming the land. Many of them died from malaria and the rigorous life the work demanded, but they performed an agricultural miracle that made the land very productive again. As a result of their success, poor migrant workers from the surrounding Muslim countries began to flood in to work for the Jews. The Jews literally became victims of their own success – almost all of the people calling themselves "Palestinians" today are the descendants of those migrant workers.

Much more is said and documented on this subject in my book. But the main point is this: The Muslims have repeatedly shown they understand these things. Since they know that the so-called "Palestinians" are not a homogeneous people, but rather a mixed conglomerate of workers with no cohesive organizational or political skills, they have repeatedly not given them a state.

When the Hashemite Tribe, who were rulers over Mecca and Medina for centuries, were driven out by the Saudis, the British gave them control over the vastly greater numbers of "migrant workers" in Trans Jordan. The British said this would be, in effect, "The State of Palestine." Instead, the Hashemites, who make up only about 20 percent of the population, turned it into their own kingdom and called it the Kingdom of Jordan.

When the Jordanians and Egyptians controlled the so-called West Bank and the Gaza Strip for 19 years (1948 to 1967), there was never a thought of giving the disorganized mass of "migrant workers" a state. Why? Because they knew there was no cohesive, homogeneous people known as "Palestinians."

Muslims will never accept a permanent presence of infidels in what they claim is sacred Islamic soil. Especially Jewish infidels for which the Koran reserves its most vehement condemnations. In their minds, the Koran and Allah will not let them accept Jews in what they view as their third holiest site.

The current efforts of Jordan and Egypt (and all the rest of the Muslim Middle East nations) to give these same people a state is clearly a ploy to get a foothold inside Israel. It is a strategic accommodation to establish a base from which the final assault against Israel can be made. What they couldn't do militarily is now being facilitated through the United States and the E.U.

The United States had better learn these things, or we will find ourselves guilty of facilitating the destruction of God's people, to whom the Word of God says the land belongs forever. God will not let that happen, but He will certainly judge those who have any part in trying to do it.

God warned: "Therefore thus says the Lord God: 'Surely I have spoken in My burning jealousy against the rest of the nations and against all Edom [Arabs], who took MY LAND to themselves as a possession, with whole-hearted joy and spiteful minds, in order to plunder its open country ... But you, O mountains of Israel, you shall shoot forth your branches and yield your fruit to MY PEOPLE ISRAEL, for they are about to come.'" (Ezekiel 36: 5, 8 NKJ)

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=33506

This is one of many articles written by Hal Lindsey which I've read on the subject. He is a man of great depth and insight. In his talks about world politics and Bible prophecy both on TV and radio, he has always been an unequivocal defender of Israel. I remember when his sensational books started hitting the bookshelves back in the sixties. I can also remember hearing some saying he was merely speculating about endtimes prophecy, but there is so much that he has talked about from the Bible that has actually come to pass.

Posts: 90 | From: Arizona | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement