Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Israel the Promised Land   » Christian Zionism Israel's last remaining ally?

Author Topic: Christian Zionism Israel's last remaining ally?
setfree
Community Member
Member # 1359

Icon 16 posted      Profile for setfree     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While I would like to see streams come to the aid of Israel, I am pretty much convinced that the major support will continue to America and the British Empire with some degree of assistance from some of the smaller European countries with monarchies. I think this is foretold in scripture from the promises given to Abraham and his descendents and to Jacob (Israel) and his descendents. [Bible]

--------------------
The Truth will set You Free. Make sure you don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Posts: 15 | From: Florida | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robby
Advanced Member
Member # 448

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Robby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Christian Zionism Israel's last remaining ally?

By Jan Willem van der Hoeven
Director: International Christian Zionist Center
I foresee that the day will come when the last big nation to uphold a certain degree of loyalty to little Israel - the US - will, under increasingly severe international pressure, finally succumb and toe "the politically correct line" - supported by Israel's self destructive leftist elites - and abandon Israel to the wolves.

It is then that the prophecy of Zechariah will become clear for all to see, and that an army of strong and faithful supporters will come forth out of these very gentile nations which are ready to abandon Israel for personal interest and national expediency.

Zechariah prophesies, "In those days ten men from every language of the nations shall grasp the sleeve of a Jewish man, saying, 'Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you.'" (Zechariah 8:23)

This promise is also found in the book of Isaiah, where the prophet says about this phenomenal time:

"Surely you shall call a nation you do not know, and nations who do not know you shall run to you, because of the Lord your God, and the Holy One of Israel; For He has glorified you." (Isaiah 55:5 )

Earlier Isaiah proclaimed:

"For the Lord will have mercy on Jacob, and will still choose Israel, and settle them in their own land. The strangers will be joined with them, and they will cling [like the Gentile woman Ruth did] to the house of Jacob." (Isaiah 14:1)

It is absolutely clear from these Scriptures, and others not mentioned, that the Bible foresees a huge helping hand extended at a certain moment in Israel's history by many Gentiles or strangers who will, like Ruth of old, join their lives and destiny to the people of Israel.

Zechariah seems to indicate a ratio of ten to one, meaning that in the end there will be for every Jewish person ten willing gentiles to support him or her. In other words, for a population of 6 million Israeli Jews there will be at least 60 million Gentile believers who will be willing to make Israel their home, and before coming over will become a force to be reckoned with the world over - as they stand in the gap in their respective nations for Israel's sake.

Now, I believe that it is true to say that in the world today there must be between 60 and 100 million biblical Gentile believers who, if called upon and inspired, would become the most effective force for Israel abroad, and, when the need arose, would be willing, just as these Scriptures foretell, to make their home in Israel.

It would certainly be strange - and somewhat ironic and unjust - if Israeli Arabs who often have no affinity for the Jewish State and sometimes stand in opposition to her - that they can be the bearers of Israeli citizenship and passports, while biblically oriented lovers of Zion from among the nations cannot.

If challenged and equipped, these tens of millions could become a buffer or a brake on behalf of Israel in their nations, just as World Jewry often has been in the past for Israel and Israel-related causes.

Just as they, the Jewish people in the Diaspora, were inspired to use their influence and money to build up and protect Israel by the organ of the Jewish Agency, so Christian Zionists likewise should have an Israel-related and endorsed institution that would further the cause of Zion among these millions of Gentile friends of Israel - preferably similar to the Jewish Agency, and situated and established in Jerusalem.

The prospects of such an organization for the Christian Zionist movement are breathtaking in terms of the level of support for Israel, in all the spheres where the Jewish state has need of it most - economic, political, spiritual, cultural, and even military. I and others like me have traveled the world and found among Israel's Christian friends a huge level of commitment, and a willingness to sacrifice and identify with Israel that is astounding.

What these Gentile believers feel towards the Jewish people is well expressed by the Moabite, Gentile woman Ruth when she said:

"Entreat me not to leave you, or to turn back from following after you; for wherever you go, I will go; and wherever you lodge, I will lodge; your people shall be my people, and your God, my God. Where you die, I will die, and there will I be buried. THE LORD DO SO TO ME, AND MORE ALSO, IF ANYTHING BUT DEATH PARTS YOU AND ME." (Ruth 1:16-17)

These words of commitment spoken by Ruth to Naomi the Jewess are most moving. What is even more moving is to see people alive today, all over the world, pray this same prayer and make this same commitment for the ultimate cause and destiny of the Jewish people. All we need to do is give them the information and tools and set them to work for Israel.

I remember during one of our yearly Christian Zionist Feast of Tabernacles - the night I was to introduce to this Gentile crowd of Israel lovers then Prime Minister of Israel Mr. Shimon Peres - that it was that very night that my son, born of an Arab (Christian Zionist) woman (my late wife) happened to be inducted as a tank commander in the Israeli Defense Forces in torchlight ceremony at Massada.

I used that occasion to explain to the Mr. Peres and all those present how far some of us in our divinely inspired commitment are willing to go in the fight for Israel. Both my son and daughter served in the Israeli army and now are fully involved in Israeli society - I pray as a sign of what one day will become the fulfillment of the prophets' visions - a stream of people from all nations coming to the aid of the people of Israel.

source

Posts: 364 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement