Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Israel the Promised Land   » Why Christians support Israel

Author Topic: Why Christians support Israel
Gzusfreq
Member # 555

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gzusfreq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I live in California, it's always shaking around here.
Posts: 5 | From: California, USA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Strong earth tremors rocked many parts of the country in early hours of today, knocking out electricity and phone lines in some areas, but there were no reports of serious damage.
"We have had hundreds of calls from people saying their houses were shaken and that buildings were wobbling," a spokesman for West Midlands police told Reuters on Monday.

"Some electricity and phone lines went down," he said.

The tremors occurred shortly before 1.00 a.m. on Monday and were felt by people in many areas including central England, Wales and London.

"We have attended a few buildings, four or five in London after people in them phoned saying they were worried," a spokesman for the London fire service said.

"Car alarms have also been set off, but there has been no serious damage," he said.

No one was immediately available from the Environment Agency to comment on the magnitude of the tremors.

Britain is little troubled by earthquakes but it does experience a moderate rate of seismicity, the Environment Agency website said.

It said around 200-300 low to medium earthquakes were detected each each year. Buildings are at risk when earthquakes reach a magnitude of 5 to 5.5 on the Richter scale.

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
listener,

I don't see the NEIC reporting any quake there?

Are you sure it was a quake?

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
listener
Advanced Member
Member # 338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for listener         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry, i've removed it. didn't want to obscure HFHS thread on watchtower. i'll save it for another time. (we don't want anymore shakes or floods around here.)
i'm absorbing your reply HFHS.s. thanks for your comments.

Posts: 119 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not me, I don't have that much control [fie]

You better look at what HFHS said in the above post. [Big Eyes]

HE will bless those, who bless Israel, and curse those who curse Israel.

You need to check how you feel about Israel, and GOD'S chosen people. [thumbsup]

The above verse is right out of your Bible.

I will say a special prayer for you tonight [Kiss]

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
listener
Advanced Member
Member # 338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for listener         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey Kindgo ... believe this or not but it's true .. i am in birmingham, uk. it's 1.40 am. WE JUST HAD AN EARTHQUAKE. very severe shock but no damage i have heard of. i was only making a query! very scary. you did something!!!
Posts: 119 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Listener:

It is true your Bible nor mine uses the term anit-semite, but two options are possible with regard to Israel.... Blessing or Cursing. You will note that there is not a third choice indifferent or none of the above.

The Bible also says that God will bless those who bless Israel and curse those who curse Israel.

He does not say what he will do to those who remain neutral, or indifferent. Because if you are not blessing them...you are cursing them.

We are either a blessing to Israel or a cursing. We are as a nation either a sheep nation or a goat nation. All the nations will be judged for how they treat Israel.

We too pray for peace, but we know that it will only come when Jesus steps foot down on Mt. Olive. So we pray... Your Kingdom Come, Lord; Thy will be done!

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
listener
Advanced Member
Member # 338

i am puzzled. not an unusual state of mind for me i know, but on this occasion i feel really puzzled.
in my Bible, Genesis 12:1-3, and Matt 25:31-46, there is no reference to anti-Semites. i can see how you might make the interpretation but it's inaccurate. it's your words and not God's words.
there is a great danger here Kindgo. fortunately you will accept that i am neither anti-Semetic or anti-Israel, but your post suggests, states even, that if we disagree with Israel we are cursed. i doubt if God meant to convey that meaning. The present Israeli government is taking excesses that i disagree with. many Jews disagree too.
the situation in Jerusalem is fraught with danger for mankind. if we read again Mat 25:31-46, i think we all, as Christians, should be looking to help our fellow man, and be less inclined to look for reasons to divide the divided even further.
i pray for peace, understanding and reconciliation.
God Bless you all.

Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Posted: September 20, 2002
1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2002 WorldNetDaily.com

There is an explosion of Christian support for Israel in America following the terrorist attacks of 9-11. The answer is very simple: The Jewish people have a biblical mandate to occupy and control the land of Israel.

God the Father was the first Zionist. As the original landowner, He gave to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and their descendants the land of Israel forever. Consider the following Bible facts:

All other nations were created by an act of men; Israel was created by an act of God (Genesis 12:1-3)!

God Himself entered into an elaborate blood covenant (which was eternal and unconditional) with Abraham. In this covenant, God gave the Jews a biblical mandate to possess the land forever (Genesis 15:8-21).

The boundaries of Israel were registered in the Word of God (Genesis 15:18-21 and Ezekiel 47:13 through 48:1-29).

God has personally sworn to protect and defend the nation of Israel (Psalm 121:4 and Ezekiel 38:18-23).

God designed the flag of Israel and promised to gather the Jews back to the land under those colors (Isaiah 11:12).

Jehovah God promised that Israel would be re-created in a day (Isaiah 66:8). That became a reality on May 15, 1948 when the United Nations announced the formal recognition of the state of Israel.

God has chosen the nation of Israel and the Jewish people as His own inheritance (Psalm 33:12).
Is it not logical to state that since God created Israel, and defends Israel, that those who fight with Israel, fight with God?!

Replacement theologians teach that there is not one word in the New Testament that remotely suggests that Christians should support Israel. Wrong! Jesus Christ is our example and He personally taught us by His conduct that gentiles who support Israel have His special blessing.

In Luke, chapter seven, Jesus entered Capernaum where a certain Roman centurion (a gentile) had a servant that was about to die. When the centurion heard that Jesus was coming, he sent Jewish elders to Him, pleading for Jesus to come and heal the critically ill servant. Notice the logic the Jewish elders used with Jesus. They said, "And when they came to Jesus, they begged him earnestly, saying that the one (the centurion) was worthy, for he loves our nation (Israel) and has built us a synagogue. Then Jesus went with them ..." (Luke 7:4-6).

Does it make a difference if Christians bless the nation of Israel? The question must be asked: "Why did God select the house of Cornelius to be the first gentile house to hear the Gospel and to receive the outpouring of the Holy Spirit?" The clear answer is recorded in the book of Acts, chapter 10. The scriptural truth is this: Jesus went to the house of this gentile and healed the servant who was near death because this gentile had blessed the nation of Israel.

Cornelius also was a Roman centurion (a gentile), living in the coastal city of Caesarea who is described in the Scripture as "a devout man and one who feared God ... and who gave alms generously to the people." Which he controlled through the Roman Army. The Scripture repeats that the reason God selected the residence of Cornelius for this great spiritual blessing was because he blessed the Jewish people. Verse 31 records, "Cornelius, your prayer has been heard, and your alms are remembered in the sight of God" (Acts 10:31).

Is it really important that Christians bless the nation of Israel and the Jewish people? Jehovah God told Abraham that all anti-Semites are under His curse (Genesis 12:1-3). Jesus Christ announced that all anti-Semites will come under the judgment of God during the judgment of the nations (Matt 25:31-46).

Who are these hungry, naked, thirsty, sick, imprisoned strangers of Matthew, chapter 25? They are the Jewish people of history, not the church. Jesus clarifies this with:

"And the King will answer and say unto them. 'Assuredly, I say unto you, inasmuch as you did it unto the least of these my brethren [the Jews], you did it unto me.' Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'depart from me, you cursed, into everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels.' And these shall go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life" (Matthew 25:40-41 and 46).

Is it important to be right on the Israel question? When you consider that being wrong brings you under the curse of God, it's important! Israel is not a "take it or leave it" subject. It is a life and death matter – eternal life!

If you believe the Bible to be the inspired Word of God, and those who reject its truths have entered into idolatry and rebellion; if you believe Jehovah God is the God of covenant whose integrity would make it impossible for Him to break covenant; if you believe that Jesus Christ is our example and that we are to follow Him, there is no biblical alternative but to support the nation of Israel and the Jewish people.

Dr. John Hagee is the pastor of the 17,000-member Cornerstone Church in San Antonio, Texas. He is a best-selling author whose radio and television ministry reaches 92 million homes in America and is seen around the world.

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement