Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Praise Reports &Testimonies   » An undeniable answer to a prayer

Author Topic: An undeniable answer to a prayer
oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneinchrist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello to my friends in Christ,

I am fairly new to this site, and gradually trying to make my aquaintances. I am beginning to feel more comfortable here as I feel welcomed. I would like to share with you all a short testimony of mine that began with a prayer to the Lord Jesus. I was very confused and troubled over the highly debated issue of "Jesus is God". It bothered me greatly because I was not sure how to properly interpret that belief...so I prayed before I went to bed and I asked the Lord Jesus if he would give me understanding if He believed that I needed it, but if I didnt get an answer that I trusted Him that He was content with my present understanding...then I was off to sleep. Then moments before I woke the next morning the words came to me so crystal clear...exactly 5 words which made my heart clammer as if a snare drum was just hit....JESUS DID NOT EXALT HIMSELF....then I felt this tremendous peace come over me as I quickly remembered my prayer request to the Lord. I no longer felt the need to wrestle with that issue as I believed that the Holy Spirit gave me the understanding that it believed that I needed. Ive thought about this a lot since it happened and what really interested me was the fact that I prayed to Jesus for the answer, but the answer didnt come from Him....that He must of assigned the Holy Spirit to speak on His behalf. It states in scripture that the Holy Spirit reveals to us the things of God, so I was confident that my testimony fell into that context. I feel God is preparing me for battle with the enemy and this testimony I will treasure forever.

Posts: 1389 | From: Wind Lake, WI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement