Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Praise Reports &Testimonies   » Story, this afternoon

Author Topic: Story, this afternoon
lonlesol
Advanced Member
Member # 4511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lonlesol   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bubba...you sure remind me of myself when I first started reading and studying the Bible...you ask so many questions....and trust me, keep them coming, it is a good thing!... [Smile] [hug]

quote:
It is wierd, I have a new (love??) for my mom.
Nothing weird here Bubba, this is Great!...I know exactly what you mean... [hug]
Posts: 478 | From: Quebec | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The reason we go forward is to make our relationship with Christ public. If we acknowledge Jesus before man, Jesus will acknowledge us before God. Probably your mom wants you to go down in front of her Church, so that she can be apart of your salvation. I honestly do not see a problem with going down and proclaiming Jesus as your Savior twice. Of course you only have to do it once but doing it the second time will be doing it for your mom. The Bible says to honor our parents so you will be doing so. So if you do it twice for your mom, you will be okay and be a good son too.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uncle Bubba
Advanced Member
Member # 6460

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Uncle Bubba     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@David

I have no problem with what you said, however, I think we are not seeing eye to eye a bit here...

First. My mom and I have choosen two different churches. I guess I should ask mom why she wants to see me walk forward, or is it she just wants to see me go forward and how important it is to her??

It is wierd, I have a new (love??) for my mom.

[I go to my own church now as I am living simi on my own with visits home; but I still wish to go to my own church]

Maybe I should ask my church why they ask new believers to walk forward?? I guess I assumed it was the thing to do??

Second, I agree I have sinned and have asked Jesus to forgive me, [and asked him to come into my life, become my LORD and savior, and somehow now I believe with more than ever that he is who he says he is <confused how that happened>]

However, I am unsure of how this forgiveness thingy works and it was brought out by an e-mail that one of my church friends sent to me that I posted in Questions and Answers [and I assume since it is being distributed on the e-mail system it is not copyrighted.]

http://thechristianbbs.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=38;t=000380

Now that you really made me think about this, I'm confused...

--------------------
uncle Bubba

Posts: 21 | From: DFW, TX | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 16 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First thing you need to know is coming to know Jesus Christ and being saved it is NOT about Church. It is about knowing Jesus Christ for yourself. You need to study the bible and ask God to teach you. You must be born again to be saved. Walking down the isle does not save you, coming to knowing Jesus Christ and being born again saves you. It is not a one time thing but a life time change. It is a good thing to walk down the isle of a Church letting people know that you have come to know Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. But it sounds like you have found a Church that is not so worried about you knowing Jesus as they are getting to count you as a number. Be very careful of this, as knowing Jesus is what Jesus wants, not you just joining an Institutional Church (a Church that puts the building and numbers above people coming to know Jesus Christ).

If they are asking you to walk the isle twice, you are correct in asking (what is the point?) the point would be them getting to count you. This is not biblical and shows they very well could be more interested in the Institutionalize Church then putting Jesus FIRST. Find a church that points only to Jesus and not their Church. They should want you to know Jesus Christ and not worry if you come to their Church or not, but that you know Him. Once you know Him, you will want to find people that know and love Him FIRST and nothing is to be above Him, not the building, not the activities, etc… People that really know Jesus love helping people above putting all their money in the Church building and Institutions. This is a very big subject, just wanting to give you a heads up. Knowing Jesus is a hard road, the narrow path as Jesus puts it. It is not easy, but this life is very short compared to eternity.

Remember just believing in Jesus does not save you, Satan believes in Jesus and is not saved. You need to be born again and come to know Jesus. Make it a life change.

It is wonderful that you are ready to come to know the Lord Jesus Christ and I rejoice with you. Just know that you are coming to Him and not a Church. May God bless you in making the right decisions. Please read the below. Also I will be glad to help answer any questions you may have. First of all don’t let anyone try and convince that you have been to bad to be saved. You have not! See www.forgivenforlife.com

You need to know the below in order to be saved:

The Bible says there is only one way to Heaven
Jesus said: "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father but by me." (John 14:6)

Good works cannot save you.

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." (Ephesians 2:8-9)

Trust Jesus Christ today! Here's what you must do:
Admit you are a sinner.
"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;" (Romans 3:23)

"Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:" (Romans 5:12)

"If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us." (1 John 1:10)

Be willing to turn from sin (repent).
Jesus said: "I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish." (Luke 13:5)

"And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:" (Acts 17:30)

Believe that Jesus Christ died for you, was buried, and rose from the dead.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

"But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners. Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8)

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." (Romans 10:9)

Through prayer, invite Jesus into your life to become your personal Saviour.
"For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." (Romans 10:10)

"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." (Romans 10:13)

What to pray:

Dear God, I am a sinner and need forgiveness. I believe that Jesus Christ shed His precious blood and died for my sin. I am willing to turn from sin. I now invite Christ to come into my heart and life as my personal Saviour.

"But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:" (John 1:12)

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." (2 Corinthians 5:17)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have received Jesus Christ as your Saviour, as a Christian you should:

Read your Bible every day to get to know Christ better.
"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." (2 Timothy 2:15)

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." (Psalms 119:105)

Talk to God in prayer every day.
"And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive." (Matthew 21:22)

"Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God." (Philippians 4:6)

Be baptized, worship, fellowship, and serve with other Christians in a church where Christ is preached and the Bible is the final authority.
"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:" (Matthew 28:19)

"Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching." (Hebrews 10:25)

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:" (2 Timothy 3:16)

Tell others about Christ.
"And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature." (Mark 16:15)

"For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!" (1 Corinthians 9:16)

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek." (Romans 1:16)

Below is some very good information for you. Please read it:

Save Yourself Some Pain
http://www.livingwaters.com/articles_growth.shtml

Born Again
http://gotquestions.org/born-again.html

Good Information to help in your new Christian walk
http://fishthe.net/witness/confirmation.htm

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uncle Bubba
Advanced Member
Member # 6460

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Uncle Bubba     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just got done telling my Brother in Law and Sis, and they want me to walk forward in their church with them so I call my SSchool Teach... [Eek!] so he calls them... and I'm going to my Brother in Law's, sis, mother's, father's and walking forward first but my SSchool teacher wants me to still walk forward in my church... [1zhelp]

OK somebody give me a clue here other than making my "call" on my life more sure... what is the point??

--------------------
uncle Bubba

Posts: 21 | From: DFW, TX | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I told you that you were not a freak. Seriously we all feel that way sometimes. I remember when I told my Sunday School teacher that I had OCD and ADH, I was sure she would think I was weird. Okay, in my case I am a little weird. [Wink] But I know God loves me and He loves you, too.
betty

I forgot to say welcome to the family. Keep your faith in God. He will never fail you

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uncle Bubba
Advanced Member
Member # 6460

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Uncle Bubba     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My SSchool teacher doesn't think I'm a freakazoid, maybe the first person outside my family??

I called him, (he's retired) and moved my dinner up to lunch... just wanted to get it over with... and blerted out that I didn't think that I came to the church knowing as much as I thought as I did... he said, "I knew by the way you answered your questions..."

then he asked me if I was "Saved..."
I said something like I'm guessing your thinking about spiritually? and he replied "yeah"...

I said, "Well, I'm not sure cause I do believe in Jesus but I'm not sure if that is enough..."

We then had a discussion (2 hour or something like that, the waitress really was anoyed) but I think it could have been surmized in "I was ready" and then he got to the point, are you ready... and I responded... "yep what must I do and believe"

then we prayed something and he gave me a Bible to read, (not like my mom wouldn't give me one) and he told me to tell someone and told me to be ready to walk down front Sunday...

Boy is my mom gonna freak when she finds out...
[hyper] (<-----mom when she finds out)

by the way, my mom does not go to the same church...

--------------------
uncle Bubba

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement