Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Praise Reports &Testimonies   » The dusty tea cups and saucers.

Author Topic: The dusty tea cups and saucers.
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thankyou Helpforhomeschoolers !!!!!!

I appreciate what you said here and on the other post. God is awesome and Good! [clap2]

--------------------
My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning. Psalms 130 verse 6

Joyce

Posts: 308 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[clap2] [clap2] Very
beautiful sister, very beautiful testimony.

quote:
So really most of the time lately I found out that as he sees my short-comings he loves me more.
Like Hannah's husband, who loved her as much as if she had given him 10 children at a time when she had given him nonw! And Like God loves us.

When you think about it; God sacrificed HIS perfect Son for the love of those of us who are so much less than perfect.

quote:
He feels more of the strong MAN. He doesn't want me to be perfect after all.
Isn't God awesome! That is probably exactly what he needed to feel when he was laid off. That can be so hard on men. I believe God made them to be provider for their families and when they cant do that they way they want it can just be so hard on them.

God gave you each what you needed... your husband the opportunity to be "The Man" in his home, as he likely already was in your heart and he gave you the opportunity to know that your husband loved you... not just how well you do things, which he likely always has, and he used the same situation to work such different, but perfect things in both of you.

God is good!!!!

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I must add some more to this. For a few months my husband has been home joined at my hip by being laid off from his job. My life has changed. He is in my space, following me around, answering my sentences for me, not letting me finish my own sentences, holding a magnifier over my comings and goings all day long like bird ready to capture a fish, and just plain driving me silly.

To let him,(because God wants me to do so) decide what goes back inside this 7 foot piece of funiture is a must. Maybe to make me in a symbolic way remind George he is my covering and humble myself. He also will see what I have chipped, broke, and didn't clean properly. I again will be laid out and open.

For many years, I hid things from my husband. The wrong thoughts were that if George knew my imperfections he would not want me anymore. We by the grace of God has been married 35 years. But I am still not always at peace. God is teaching me to just let go and know to trust. So really most of the time lately I found out that as he sees my short-comings he loves me more. He feels more of the strong MAN. He doesn't want me to be perfect after all.

--------------------
My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning. Psalms 130 verse 6

Joyce

Posts: 308 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, I definately wrote that. My husband wanted to tear down wallpaper and paint the room. I had to clean and that is when this happened.

In fact, the room is still a mess. I can't finish until the wall is done. Then when the cabinet is back on the wall it can be refilled.
So everything is on the floor.

I also feel that God wants my husband to decide what goes back inside. It was loaded with too many things besides the tea cups. This will be difficult for me. It is just stuff though. God's plan is always great.

God Bless,

--------------------

Joyce

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, did you write that? It was so beautiful!!!Was it your personal experience or a devotional you read? Thank you for sharing it. It surely blessed me today! [clap2]
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I was about to clean all the doo-dads out of the curio cabinet, I've had for 20 years, the sun came streaming in the room. It showed the heavy dust and dirt on the shelves and sentimental possessions accumulated over for many years.

I put this chore off as long as possible because I get shaky and end up breaking something as I clean. Then as I cleaned God showed me insight into myself. His light, close relationship with me often shows me my dust and filth. Like on my tea cups that were gifts from my husband each time he visited a new state. Just like I hestitated on cleaning this stuff because I didn't want to throw away the broken things damaged while the cleaning was being done....I don't want to always stop the little sinful things I don't notice until God's light streams in my conciousness. But it is time to clean house with myself. The habits or behaviors that I've hung on to for too long. Even something as simple as getting on my knees to talk to God instead of picking up the phone to call for comfort or answers from a friend. He is a jealous God. He wants me to not put anything before HIM. Just like not wanting to clean the dusty tea cups because they might have to be thrown away. I better start throwing things away that take me where my Lord doesn't want them to be anymore.

He said not to long ago when I was looking in the mirror of the medicine cabinet only seeing myself from the neck up, "I want you to look at yourself in the full-length mirror." He wanted me to see all of myself and for me to take my blinders off my eyes.

I praise Him for teaching me to GET BUSY and with his cleaning equipement it can be accomplished.

Psalm 69:5:

5 O God, thou knowest my foolishness; and my sins are not hid from thee.

--------------------

Joyce

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement