Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Praise Reports &Testimonies   » Lessons Learned of Life and Death

Author Topic: Lessons Learned of Life and Death
Thankful
Advanced Member
Member # 5024

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thankful     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just wanted to let you know that I'm keeping you and your family in my prayers. You've obviously been through a lot here recently, and I pray that you continue to feel God's love and strength through it all.
My heart also goes out to the victims of hurricane Katrina, and their families, and I pray for them too.
And thankyou for the reminder to love others as God loves us. Just as Matthew 22:39 states, loving others is truly the highest calling we have as believers, next to loving God, and it is always good to be reminded of that. God bless you!

Posts: 23 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My heart and prayers go out to you and your family Cindy in this hour of grief. [Prayer]

You can take comfort in the fact that your mother-in-law gave her heart to the Lord and you will see her in heaven some day.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gramajo320   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yahsway, I am praying for you and your family, for the Lord to keep each of you completely comforted during this difficult time. I pray too for the Lord to give you complete inner peace and for all of you to feel the Lord's presence right there with all of you! God bless each of you always.

Love,
Joanne

--------------------
Gramajo320

Posts: 2385 | From: WA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Martha passed away this morning. We were all able to be with her as she passed into the next life. Please keep us in your prayers as we need them desperately at this time. Thanks my BBs Family, Shalom, Yahsway-Cindy
Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gramajo320   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yahsway,

I'm praying for you and for all of your family for the Lord to comfort you and to help yo through all of this difficult time you're having. My heart goes out to all of the victims of hurricane Katrina and I'm praying for all of them and also for all of the ones who are involved in rescue efforts and bringing in life saving food, water, medications. I pray for every victim who has been separated from their loved ones that the Lord will help them to be reunited. I pray for the Lord to comfort all victims who've lost entire family members and members, their friends. I pray for them all and I'll continue to pray for them all - it all is absolutely heartbreaking!

--------------------
Gramajo320

Posts: 2385 | From: WA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Family, Did not know if this was the right place to vent, but need to say a few things today.

This past 6 weeks have been both amazing and heartbreaking for me. I lost my grandmother 4 weeks ago. I loved her dearly. One week after her passing My best friend was taken by cancer. A 39 year old beautiful wife and mother of 3, a believer in our Messiah Yeshua. I will miss her terribly.

Then at work,last week, an RN I had gotten to know over the years also died from complicatons of heart failure. She died on my shift. I thought my plate was full, but not yet..

My mother-in-law just got out of ICU. She is terminal. 3 months to live says the Dr. My husbands mother. He is her only child. No other family members but us. She requires around the clock care. My husbands hours have been cut back, seems like there is no getting ahead. We thought about it very hard, prayed about bringing her home with us, but the Dr even said one of us would have to be with her at all times. She has to be suctioned every hour, she is losing the battle of life due to lung cancer. It is so sad to see someone die this way. She has her mind, but is drowning in pools of blood and tumors and its all I can do to sit with her and see her die this way. She is 84 years old. She has always been a very matter of fact person and never believed in our Messiah. We have spoken to her about death today and asked if she was prepared. She did recite a prayer to God today and asked Yeshua to save her. Im not sure if she did this because she knew we wanted her too, or if she was really sincere. I guess this will be between her and God.

Then I ponder on the poor people in New Orleans and Mississippi. I pray that Yahweh will, thru others, send some peace and comfort to them. What a time we all live in. I find myself praying even for the Lord to come, to come quickley, but then I find myself thinking maybe this is selfish of me to pray that, seeing as there are so many in the world that need His saving grace right now.

I find myself remembering Pauls words, that though I may have one or all the gifts of Yahweh, they are nothing if I do not have love in my heart for others. Thats all we will ever take with us when we depart from this life into the next.

Pray for Yahweh to strengthen us at this time. Remember all those who have suffered and lost loved ones in NEW Orleans and the other costal areas that were hit. Pray and love one another. Pray for me and my husband that we will have His strength at this time. Love one another just as He has and does love us. Thank you my BBS family for listening and praying. I love you all, Cindy-yahsway. Shalom

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement