Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Praise Reports &Testimonies   » I sing PRAISES to God

Author Topic: I sing PRAISES to God
cici420
Community Member
Member # 4925

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cici420     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God is truly awesome. I think it is wonderful that you have had the summer to be more in touch with God. I so much want that. Thanks for the testimony.
Posts: 16 | From: Ft. Myers | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 16 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AMEN! And Praise the Lord Jesus Christ!

\o/

[clap2]

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carmela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As everyone probably knows by now, I moved to NY 2 years ago to attend bible school. It was a very hard thing for me to do because I don't like the mystery of the unknown so moving where I didn't know anyone was hard for me.

I had a difficult time doing things God's way instead of my own way. I went to Haiti which was hard but coming to Pinecrest was the beginning of major changes in my life.

Last summer I spent the entire summer volunteering at Pinecrest and working with the kids twice a day during the conferences that go on all summer so when school started I was tired and not quite ready to start.

This summer I was planning on working because paying for my school and my daughter's Christian school is quite a strain with only my husband working and he ended up laid off all last winter when the plant closed.

Anyway, God told me not to work this summer and I argued with Him, which I use to do a lot. However I didn't work. Then I wanted to volunteer at the school but with only one car and my husband using it for work I didn't have a way. God told me not to volunteer so when I tried to go, doors almost always got closed and it didn't work out.

Now the summer is over and school is about to begin. This summer has been a total break through for me. Not only for obeying God but I had lots of time to seek Him on my own and of course read the forums and learn more from everyone here. Every day has been spend seeking God and He has been answering prayers and changing me dramatically.

You see me talking in the forum a lot about loving each other. Well, for some reason that has been really on my heart lately. More then it use to be. I can sense so much more compassion in me then I use to have.

I was praying for another car and my spiritual parents are giving me theirs. It's a fully loaded 2000 with sun roof and everything imaginable. Then I just found out they are not buying a new one like I thought. God just told them to give me their car and Dave's sister is going to give them her old 1992 car. I am in shock that someone would give up something so nice and drive an older car themselves. I just have to find a way to Maine to pick it up.

I use to think I didn't deserve God's best but now I know otherwise. He has given me a car that excedes any of my expectations. I only asked for something reliable because my husband needs a car to get to work and I need one to get to school. He works 30 minutes from our home.

There is so much more God has done in me, through me and for me this summer that this post would take forever to read but I just wanted to take a moment and PRAISE HIM for his faithfulness.

I have learned that we actually take a step in faith and truly start walking in obedience to Him, His blessings are far more than anything we could ever imagine. It was so worth giving up my own desires and doing His will.

Thank You Lord for not giving up on me when I wasn't living my life the way I should have been and for not giving up on me each and every day when I was out of your will sometimes and/or allowing sin to lead me astray.

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

Posts: 646 | From: Central New York | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement