Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Praise Reports &Testimonies   » God's blessing on Missions

Author Topic: God's blessing on Missions
Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carmela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is awesome.

I'm not a nurse or anything but I went to Haiti a few years back with our youth under New Missions. It was an amazing experience and even though it's only a short trip, it changes your life forever.

Thanks so much for sharing.

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

Posts: 646 | From: Central New York | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK here goes: I just returned a few weeks ago from a 10 day mission trip to Central America.
It was a medical mission trip. I am an RN and have worked for over 22 years as an RN, so this was a dream come true to finally connect and fulfill my desire to reach others with the gifts God gave me on the mission field.

I guess what I didn't expect was how much the people of that country blessed me personally in such a profound way.

Funny things happened to me that never happened before like just going into a store to buy some shorts, the woman who owned the store was of the Hindu religion and God used me to talk about the Lord to her.

A little girl just jumped into my lap, when one clinic started, like I was Santa Claus.

A pregnant woman with a small child came in. She was very poor, and was a refugee from out of the country, she couldn't feel her baby move in the womb. I was able to hear the baby's heart beat with a regular stethascope and comfort her about the baby.

I ended up out late one night with a friend also on this trip, and met a local man who was so drunk, he was weaving back and forth nose to nose with me. I wasn't even scared one bit, and was able to talk to him about going to church, and asked him what his name was. He kissed me after on the cheek so gently as a thank you, it made me feel so humble and grateful to God.

A little girl who came to the clinic wearing her best dress. She was only 5 or 6 years old. She was so beautiful, but so serious and never smiled, but just studied me in a very quiet way. I told her how pretty her dress was, and when it was time for her to go, she reached over and kissed my cheek.

These were just some of the blessing I received, and never expected in doing this trip.

Very humbling and an experience that I hope to be able to participate in again.

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement