Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Praise Reports &Testimonies   » thank God for what I have/what I take for granted

Author Topic: thank God for what I have/what I take for granted
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't have health insurance and I can't afford the medication I am suppose to take, but I am thankful that I found some over the counter stuff to help and hubby can get his prescriptions from the VA, which is more important because he has had two light strokes.

I am thankful for our apartment. It is very small but I can look out side and see mountians and mountains make me happy.

I am thankful for my Church. Because my Sunday School class and Bible class teach me and make me feel welcome.

I am thankful for my family who are all Christians. It took 20 years of prayer for that, but it was worth it.

I am thankful for hope because I have hope that God will answer our prayers and provide a home and money for medical care.

But more important I am thankful for Jesus for saving my soul and promising me a home in Heaven where I will never have to walk with a cane or hurt every day again.

betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MySavingGrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MySavingGrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More and more, I keep relaizing what I do have and what I take for granted. I'm not saying I"m selfish but I just see how lucky I am and why

1.) The man I love has spinal ambiffita and is in a wheelchair. My dad just became a double amputee. When I see how they sturggle to get around and the pain they're in, I feel very fortunate. Also, though I have depression and sleep problems, I am not mentally disabled or have schizophrenia or something where I just don't know what's going on (or autism too.) Whenever I see someone in tha tposition, I am very thankful its not me.

2) To live in this country (espeically as a woman.) (at least for now with next part) I dont have to worry about suicide bombs and having churches be unsafe. and, I can do things with men (how some of the middle esat and other places dont allow this) and am not treated like their slave or property. I'm very lucky that I am not in arranged marriages too caues I belive in marriage for love. If I had to be in an arranged marriage, I'd probalby never have my fiancee. Though I definatley don't wanna dress too inapropriate, the fact I can wear a tank top when its sweltering hot out and shorts is something to be grateful for. My eyes wre opened up to that a few years ago (and I didnt know much on Islamic culture then) when a girl on my lacrosse team had to wear a long sleeved shirt and long pants and it was I think 85 or 90 degrees out! I never asked her why, now i know. But, it was a practice with women (no men.) And, my dad used to teach and is a subsitute teacher and tries to get involved in current events and things with people in school he sees with potential One girl is Islamic but she warned him to not all the house etc cause her parents wouldnt like her talkin to this man 9they'd think she's being propositioned or its a scheme by my dad etc.0 And, how some women can't date and/or have arranged marriages. I am very grateful for that And, though there are quirks in our legal system, innocnet til proven guilty is very lucky cause in some places its not that easty

3.) That I am still alive and functioning. I was anorexic and bulimic and I'm very grateful I'm alive (espeically after hearing rumor Terry Shrivo had bulimia and it caused her illness.) And, I was in a bad car accident and lived (I started changing life after that though and leaving abusive guy so maybe it was in God's will to make the best out of it) When I wa in the hospital last summer and saw a woman who had to have a catheder in her 24/7 I was so grateful that isnt me! I relaly could of had that or worse and I"m very grateful I don't.

4.) Having to not grow up in poverty and have inusrance. To actually be able to decide if I want grilled cheese, ceaser salad, or veal parmesan is a privelage. So many people are lucky to get nasty and cheap food or any at all. To actually be able to select what I eat and have the finace to get it is a privelage. To have a house is a great thing cause some poeple dont have that. And, having insurance for medications. My family (though not rich) could probably afford medicine wihtout insurace, but for poor people no way. My dad has a quote, not sure if its his, that "a poor person can't afford to be sick." I still remember when I was a child this elderly man at the pharmacy and he couldnt afford his medicine (looked like pennicilin so probalby was life or death) I have a friend who lost his insurance and he wasn't getting sufficient insulin which is scary. And, hospital bills are crazy. To have insurance and money is something I"m so greatful for because I can get a surgery if I need it or bei in the hopsitla 9like I wa slast summer for a month total) without it bringing me and/or my fmaiy into debt and homelessness. REvcently, to be more aware I counted up how much my recent perscirptions for th month costed with insurance: I think 70 or 90 dollars. Wihtout insurance was I htink 500 dollars. My advair inhaler was I htink 210! And, an inhaler is life or death for some pepole.
I'm from Michigan and I've been through the poor parts of Detroit where there are matresses outside on lawn and ocunches and children loko so scared and yet ready to defend thmselves even at 8 .How it just literally looks like a ghost town in certain parts. I think eveyrone from the middle or upper class should go to a poorer place at least once in a while to e reminded of how fortuante they are. And, if its that bad in Detroit, I"m sure Rio DeJinero or New York is way worse. And, to have my parents pay for college for me. This is definately a privelage. In my past I didnt do well with grades and slacked off but I feel determined now since being re-born.

4.) That I have a great and loving family. When I hear about some people's parents, I feel more and more lucky to have mine. Mine love me and want the beest for me They dont force me to go to an ivy league school or follow their path. Though my grandma passed a couple years ago, she loved me very much and I'm grateful I had her growing up. Sometimes 9and I"m sure I do it too0 I see people taking their parents for granted. No thank you or hugs etc and I'm nost judging just, I see that people really dont know how good they have it to have a great family.

5.) My fiancee I love very much. We started as friends then got together. I love him and he treats me great. I was in an uhealthy relationship before too and Ithink it makes you appreciate a great person even more. I feel that we are soulmates and God made us for each other and I'm very thankful he's in my life.

6. I know this may seem silly but my cat. He's very sweet and loving. I belive God gives us certain animals as our pets and they form a bondAt times he's too independent for my liking, but I know he loves me and he is great I also have a sense of calm and just knowing God is there and real whenever I hold him outside. When he looks outside and hears the birds and sniffs the air and just loks so peaceful. Or, when he's layin down with what loks like a little smile.

7.) Friends in past and present. I've broken away form some friend s(or we've ended firnedships, again beofre I was reborn.) But, I feel even a friend I dont see anymore is alesson. I learn about them and their situation and also what I should do differently. One of my firneds was relaly there for me last summer when I was ill, her family was too. When I was telling them things wrong, her mom and her would suggest me going to church with them. She's moved farther away so I dont see her as much but she is a blessing an dher mom is too. I got baptized at her church last summer too.

feel free to list what you may take for granted and/or think others do.

I'd like to say praise you God thank you for blesisng me with abundance and more than I need. there are others less foruntate than me. I do have pain (we all do) but I am very blessed to live the life I live and with the peole who are in my life (and my cat.) I'm thankful first of all to be given life but also to have what I have and not have the pains an dsufferings that I've seen others have. Thank you God for giving me these things and for your son Jesus.

Amen!

--------------------
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/forum
Support the mother who lost her son protest the war
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/

here are my comments, I am UHaventDoneNothin
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/node/121

Posts: 426 | From: United States | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement