Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Praise Reports &Testimonies   » My Testimony

Author Topic: My Testimony
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lynn I failed to mention about how happy I am that you received a complete healing. I always appreciate testimonies like that, because it provides proof for those who doubt that it really can happen.

I find that new Christians need as much encouragement as they can receive, because the devil isn't too happy for just losing another one, He is lurking around every corner, ready to pounce at every chance he can get. As long as we are still in these earthly bodies, we are going to have to deal with the prince of this world, but the scriptures say that we are more than conquerers through the precious grace and mercy of Jesus' precious blood.

Tests will come, but they will help you become stronger and your will grow greatly in the Lord.
-You will see Christians act in a way that will shake your faith
-You may be hurt by comments made by fellow Chistians
-You will find that you still may be tempted to be resentful or angry over matters that are out of you control.

Because of human frailties, we can't look at others and expect their behaviour to be perfect. It can become confusing and frustrating to try to keep up with the speculation of whether they are walking in the centre of God's will. We have to focus on our own walk with God and do our best to yield daily to his perfect plan for us. I know it keeps me busy.

We should always be delving into the scriptures. It is the best weapon against doubts and fears. First of all, God orders us to love and forgive no matter what.

I Cor. 13 should be a daily reminder to help us remain purged and committed. The scriptures also say that if we aren't forgiving, it blocks the flow of his Holy Spirit in our lives.

I Cor. 13:3 "If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrified my body, I could boast about it, but I didn't love others, I would be of no value whatsoever."

As a new Christian, it might be a good idea to educated yourself concerning the fruits of the spirit. Gal.5: 16-24 expresses very well the do's and don'ts of a daily Christian walk.

Gal. 5:.22 "But when the Holy Spirit controls our lives, he will produce this kind of fruit in us: love, joy, peace, patience,kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-contol."

If you feel as if you are in a valley at times, don't panic; you haven't fallen away -we all go through such times.. When this happens get a hunger for the scriptures. The Lord may want to show you that there is something in your spirit that you have to work - he will reveal this while reading the Word.

None of us , even as mature Chrisitans, ever really "make it" until we receive our glorified souls at the moment of death.

However, the scriptures are a mighty weapon in order to help us remain close to, and gain unbelievable comfort and peace through our Lord and Saviour.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LynnPA
Community Member
Member # 4273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LynnPA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HisGrace:
Beautiful testimony Lynn! Praying that the Lord will keep you faithful under his wings of grace and will fulfill your every need. [Prayer]

Thank you. [Smile]
Posts: 9 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beautiful testimony Lynn! Praying that the Lord will keep you faithful under his wings of grace and will fulfill your every need. [Prayer]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LynnPA
Community Member
Member # 4273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LynnPA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, I thought it was time I got more involved and shared more about myself. I got saved when I was about 8 years old. I remember it well. I was sitting in church and the pastor was talking about Satan and hell and what it would be like there. He also talked about Christ dying on the cross for our sins so that we could be forgiven and be born again and go to Heaven with him when we died. Needless to say, at 8 years old, the thought of burning in hell when I died scared me to death. After the services were over, I told my mom that I wanted to be saved and go to Heaven when I died. She took me to the pastor and he sent me off downstairs with one of the women of the church, Mrs. Yarnell. She told me even more about being saved and we prayed together and from that day on I was a born-again Christian (God bless that woman! I will never forget her and what she did for me that day!).

Over the next few years I lived a pretty average life. It was by no means a Christian life, however. Then at the age of 19-20, I was raped by a hispanic man. When that happened, I lost all faith in God because I felt like he had abandoned me in allowing something so horrific to happen to me. Around the age of 21 I was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma, which is a type of cancer found in the lymph nodes. I was always in and out of the hospital, constantly poked and prodded....having all kinds of tests and blood drawn. It was a terrible time. But, one day, when my dad came to visit me there in the hospital (as he did every day I was there), the told me that he had called The 700 Club and asked them to pray for me. He told me that they responded by saying that "Even as we speak, God is drying up and killing the cancer inside your daughter's body." From that moment, I knew I was going to be alright. I had complete faith in God. Several months of chemotherapy, and a few weeks of radiation treatments later......I was cured of my cancer and have been ever since! Praise God!

However, it didn't take long before once again I was leading a non-Christian lifestyle. A year or so ago I read an Anne Rice book entitled "Memnoch the Devil". This book gave a varied view on God/Heaven & Satan/hell and made me really confused and even more questioning of my beliefs. At this point, I turned my back on God entirally! I need not go into all the bad details of the lifestyle I led because God knows my sins and he has forgiven me for them as I have asked him to do.

It wasn't up until a week and a half ago that everything turned around for me. I met a Christian man from Ireland here online on one of those "web communities". With his friendship and encouragement I have made sooo many changes. I pray everyday, I read my Bible everyday. I've gotten rid of the music I should not have had (that contained foul language etc.). I have gotten rid of my Anne Rice books. I got rid of other things too that a Christian woman should not have had in her posession. I've gotten a much better control on my temper. I've stopped using foul language (save for the rare slip-up) and I feel like a much happier person because of all this.

It just goes to show that its never too late to change and redicate your life to Christ. Granted, I have a long ways to go so keep me in prayer. Every day is a challenge. Its never easy living a Christian life. But, then again, I don't think it was meant to be. Jesus went through so much for us to grant us a place by the father's side in Heaven.....why should we not have to go through some things to prove ourselves worthy of that spot?! Amen?!

All this being said, I ask that you all keep me in prayer .....that I will stay true to the path of God, that I will find a job, that I will find a good Christian mate and friends, that I will find a good church to attend each week, and that I will accomplish other personal goals I have for myself. I, in turn, will do my best to be there for all of you in whatever you may need....keeping you ever in my prayers. God Bless!

Lynn

Posts: 9 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement