Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Praise Reports &Testimonies   » He answers "knee-mail"

Author Topic: He answers "knee-mail"
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ray, I am so sorry to hear of the hurts you have suffered. God will comfort you and give you strength to conquer all situations and you will stand victorious. I will pray for you, your children, and your wife.
Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is wonderful to see that amidst all of this hurt and pain, you can still give praise and honour to our precious Lord.

May God richly bless you and your daughters in 2005.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Matteson
Member # 4197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Matteson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, gang.
I just wanted to take some time to let everyone know that prayers have been answered in my life and I am blessed. [Smile]
I am a Chief in the Navy and have been a career submariner for over the last 18 years. I married very young and my first wife and I had two beautiful daughters. That marriage ended in divorce and I received sole custody of our children...which is hard in the military. I was as single dad for a few years and 4 and a half years ago, I met Heather. She had a daughter, but had never been married. I welcomed them both into my home and we lived together a year before her father, a Pentecostal pastor, married us.

I believed that we would be together forever and I saw us growing old together and having our grandchildren around and telling them all kinds of stories. This vision was shattered the day before Thanksgiving when I returned from being deployed and she informed me that she wanted a divorce. I never saw this coming and I begged her to go to talk to the pastor of our church or go to ANY counseling...but, she refused. Her mind was set. I didn't understand. I prayed.
She avoided talking to any of our Christian friends and only communicated with people on the internet in an online game that she loves playing. This is where she met another guy. A 19 year old boy in Florida. She told me that absolutely nothing was going on and yesterday....Christmas day, I found out via phone records that she had been lying to me for so long. She has been out of our home and I have my two daughters. She left us pretty finacially in the hurt locker. I prayed. I prayed for strenght and for comfort and for peace. I prayed for her and for her happiness.
Today, I went to the boat to check out on leave and a fellow Chief was asking about how I was doing. I explained and he pointed to a box that was left for a guy that didn't want it. It was a Christmas box from a local church here in the Hampton Roads area and he told me to take it. There was some canned foods and a bag of fruit and a gift card to Food Lion for $25.00.
I never asked the Lord for this. I just asked Him to help me out and to comfort me. He answered. I am at peace and the three of us are going to be all right. [Big Grin]

There's a lot more to this story, but why bore you fine folks with all the gory details? [Smile]

Just know that He answered my knee-mail and I am so very grateful.

Take care of yourselves. God bless you and your families.

Yours in Christ,
Ray

--------------------
"I'm so tired of living for the kind of love that only comes and goes...the pain, the shame...tear me up inside" - Ten Shekel Shirt
r.matteson@charter.net

Posts: 4 | From: Virginia | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement