Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Praise Reports &Testimonies   » Thank you Lord!

Author Topic: Thank you Lord!
TwinsGranny
Advanced Member
Member # 2137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TwinsGranny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wonderful Sky!! HOw truly encouraging and what a good start for your choir!! Know that God WILL give you all you need as you do His biding and you'll be just FINE! (He promises this when HE gives us a job to do!).....I am thrilled about your choir number now, because the Holy Spirit has led me to feel that this is going to grow FAST, so get ready Ms. Choir Director, because you will be busy!! [youpi] And remember, God loves ALL praises that are lifted up to Him....'make a joyful 'noise' unto the Lord'...Praise God, they all sound beautiful when the voices are lifting up in praise for Him!!

In His love,

Pam

Posts: 218 | From: Illinois | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RisamyRisa
Advanced Member
Member # 1854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RisamyRisa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
10 is a wonderful start! My college had 17 one spring semester, and, with a new director, innovations, and recruitment, we brought our numbers up to 40 the very next fall! From reading your posts, getting a small feel for your personality, and being a former music major, I get the feeling that you're the kind of director I would have loved to work under! The music director at our church is one of our most inspiring worship leaders. People that can take on that kind of job are truly gifted, and I have no doubt that you will be as well! [wiggle7] God bless! [Smile]

--------------------
Being a Christian is like being a pumpkin.. God picks you from the patch and washes the dirt off. He cuts out the top and removes the yucky stuff, and then He carves you a new smiling face and puts His light in you to shine for all the world to see!

Posts: 108 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wonderful_sky
Advanced Member
Member # 1808

Icon 7 posted      Profile for wonderful_sky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I have posted in the past, I became the new choir director of our church and was somewhat discouraged when few people showed to practice. Well, prayer has paid off... last night we had a total of 10!!! Praise God!
We are starting some new music and moved choir practice and now more people are becoming involved. They all want to work hard in learning the music. And actually seem interested.
Please remember all of us in your prayers. I am a bit rusty at directing and am a little afraid that I might hurt someones feels...that is always a fear of mine. Not saying that we have any bad voices, the voices are truely gifted!
I had better stop typing and thinking now, that always gets me in trouble... but wanted to share our progress!

Serving Him,
Sky [dance]

--------------------
He who kneels down to God, can stand up to anything [Prayer]

Posts: 220 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement