Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Praise Reports &Testimonies   » A different kind of Praise

Author Topic: A different kind of Praise
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This may seem like an odd kind of praise report to some, but I wanted to share it.

Our chruch just lost one of our sisters. She was a precious lady and she and her husband held a prision ministry where they witnessed Jesus to prisioners, taught Bible studies and just loved these men who were the unloved in our society.

In the last year she became very sick with a condition that caused the tissue of her lungs to become hard. She went through chemo therapy and our church prayed and prayed for God to heal her.

Monday, he answered our prayers, and today she sits I know at the feet of Jesus in worship. He took her home. I say this because sometimes He doesnt heal the way we think he should. Sometimes he heals by taking us home.

I know that here on earth today she is sorely missed. She spent every moment of every day with her beloved husband and I know he must miss her terribly. I know our church will miss her. She was always there with a smile and a word to encourage. I know the men they mistered to will miss her too; and there will be a blank spacce on the table at our monthly pot blessing dinners where her special dish used to sit.

But how wonderful to know that she is with the LORD today! Praise HIS holy name that we dont have to fear death. That we can see death not as the dread that the world fights to avoid; to be absent from the body is to present with the LORD! We can approach even death with JOY!

Praise HIM! For HIS precious gift to us.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement