Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Praise Reports &Testimonies   » My testimony

Author Topic: My testimony
wonderful_sky
Advanced Member
Member # 1808

Icon 7 posted      Profile for wonderful_sky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My testimony is not one of bad times nor good times, just a story of a life...but a SAVED life, none the less. I was raised knowing what God was, but not the relationship part. We were not big church goers, God was that distant relative that expected good from us. Well, I was good, but I was empty. My mother left when I was 9, leaving us to be raised by our drunkard father, he was never abusive, just part of that generation that the man was strict, hard, and not readily lovable.. but we knew that he loved us. I began going to church with my step-mom, which was a disaster for the most part. She taught me that church was for good and for Sundays... the rest of the week were free reign of whatever I wanted to do...WOW!! I could take the rest of the week and do whatever I wanted...still being good, I did do many things, not realizing that God saw all and knows all. Then when I was 12 I finally got the message! And what a message that was!!! My relationship with God began!! I found peace, assurance, and unconditional love!! I followed the path that God gave me for many years, but like many new christians, I would sometimes take a wrong road and finally, though much prayer I would return. Those times that I placed everything between God and myself were hard. I have been divorced and remarried, I believe that is because God was not first. My second marriage has not always been an easy one, but God is here, He is with me. In January, my husband was baptized!! Thank you Jesus!! And we are active members of our church. There are things in my life I need to work on, but I know that God is there, waiting on me. He is my strength, my peace, my joy and my friend! How blessed are we to be the friend of the MAKER!!??!! [dance]

--------------------
He who kneels down to God, can stand up to anything [Prayer]

Posts: 220 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement