Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Praise Reports &Testimonies   » Awesome weekend

Author Topic: Awesome weekend
Demonexecutor
Advanced Member
Member # 1516

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Demonexecutor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everybody. I had an awesome weekend and thought I'd share what happened with you guys.

I go to a Chrisitan recovery group on Friday nights. When we were praying at the end of the group, the leader was talking about not letting men determine our self worth. I had not mentioned my self esteem going way down when my ex broke up with me and then it going way back up when the next week somebody else told me that they had liked me for a long time but couldn't say anything because I was going out with my ex. Anyway, when she said that, it hit me so afterwards I went upstairs.

I went through some devotionals in a Bible that I had seen upstairs before. Even though they were on general topics, they addressed exactly what I had been thinking about lately. All of this was only the beginning.

After I left the group I decided to take a drive and listen to my CD. At the end of the CD, the player automatically went onto random which it never does. The first song that came on was "The Blood of Jesus". I had blatantly disobeyed God's word and was wondering how God could possibly still love me when that song came on. Then it went to a second song right before I got home. That night, I was listening to the CD again while I was on the internet. The song that had come on second was the exact same song that was playing when I saw a thread entitled "Share what God has been teaching you."

Then on Sunday, I went to a small group for 20 somethings at the church I go to for the first time. The book that we are going through right now is a book on Psalms and they were on "Chapter 3: Psalm 3 Praying your problems." It really helped me put what had been going on in perspective.

As if all this isn't strange enough, I was on the internet Sunday night trying to find other boards to post about my Friday night on. I found out that I couldn't post here yet and was really disappointed because I really wanted to share. I went into the chat room instead and ended up in a private chat with one of the people that was on at the time. This person started telling me things that there is no way they would have known if it wasn't the Lord speaking through them. I had never told anyone some of the details that were coming out. All the stuff that was said was dead on which is scary.

I say that because when I was a child, I was abused. I don't have any memories because my brain blocked them out (at least so far). The reason I know that I was abused is I have most of the signs of somebody abused as a child. I was told that God was going to start revealing the details of my abuse to me which I'm not looking forward to. I'm not sure I want to know exactly what happened. [Eek!] Then today, I got something in the mail from a ministry that I donated to at least a couple years ago. In the packet, there was a picture of Jesus with the saying "I never said it would be easy, only that it would be worth it." These past few days have been strange but in a good way.

Marcia

Posts: 22 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement