Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Praise Reports &Testimonies   » Soul-winning testimonies...

Author Topic: Soul-winning testimonies...
Adopted Daughter
Member # 414

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adopted Daughter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you abidinginhim,

I always appreciate prayer!! The other message board is heating up and I don't know what to make of it. All the other Christian poster has written has been scripture and people are enraged!! Now, I post scripture all the time, but it seldom enrages people. But then, my spritual gift is not exhortation, it is teaching. Wow, I am dying to see how the Lord works it all out.

I realized part of my problem with all that was going on was an unresolved childhood issue with bullies. I am really glad to have my eyes opened about it so that I know how to pray to get help. You can never tell how the Lord brings things to light.

On another note, I loved the post Kingo posted on the possibly immanent temple rebuilding. I have seen the Internet site dedicated to the temple rebuilding and have been following it with interest. It seems to help with the fear of war, knowing that God's plan is behind it all. I weep though, everytime I hear about more people in Israel murdered. For the record, I hate to hear about the deaths on both sides.

God bless you all, and thank you for welcoming me to these message boards.

Adopted Daughter

Posts: 4 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abidinginhim
Advanced Member
Member # 620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for abidinginhim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Adopted Daughter I am going to be praying for your precious sister and father that they will come to know our precious Savior. And we will pray that no matter who reaches out to them will just speak truth with love and they will want to know more about this Jesus.

Merry Christmas to you..

--------------------
It's All About Him!

Posts: 137 | From: The Mountains of NC | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adopted Daughter
Member # 414

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adopted Daughter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Joel and abidinginhim!

I am doing better today. The Lord has provided a much much stronger witness on the site where I participate and I am impressed with his ability to speak the truth and cope with the firestorm of anger his posts have stirred up. What a gift for exhortation and evangelism he has!!

I have felt the Lord speaking to me the last few days in much the same vein as you two responded - just speak the truth and let the chips fall where they may.

The new age influence on that site is what drives me crazy. So much "love" and "light" and "bright blessings" but no recognition of man's sin condition or our need for a Savior. I know, Satan disguises himself as an angel of light, but it is really hard to read posts by people who are obviously so burdened by pain in life just trying to feel better, and yet having no hope yet. Some of what is posted is so attractive, I can understand the appeal. If I weren't a Christian I would be interested in that junk myself!

Anyway, I aspire to the time when I can witness and only care what the Lord thinks, not whether or not the hearer gets saved that minute. I imagine it won't happen until I can count my precious sister and father among the redeemed, Until then, I see my loved ones in every witnessee.

Thanks for caring,

Adopted Daughter of the Most High

Merry and joyous Christmas to all!

Posts: 4 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abidinginhim
Advanced Member
Member # 620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for abidinginhim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1 Corinthians 10

(31Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. 32Give no offense, either to the Jews or to the Greeks or to the church of God, 33just as I also please all men in all things, not seeking my own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved.

I try to remember this when witnessing. Also remember some plant, some water and some harvest! You're enthusiasm is wonderful. Also don't forget God's word will not return void. Every time you talk about the Lord, a little seed is planted.

--------------------
It's All About Him!

Posts: 137 | From: The Mountains of NC | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njclary
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To Adopted Daughter;

For a young Christian, I appreciate your zeal. Never lose that heart.

But remember You are a light in the world. A light shows truth, it does'nt correct, it does'nt debate, it does'nt cajol, it does'nt carp. Light just shows truth. and that truth can be accepted or rejected.

When you witness, you witness by your heart, and love. and you move on. Does an evangelist, look to see who got saved? [He should'nt] The Evangelist Brings the word, and let's the Spirit of God do the convicting.

Each of us witnesses according to our gifting. My witness is more one on one. and that way I can lead those who respond, to the saving Grace and knowlege of Jesus. Those who do not respond, well, that is their loss. Again, I let the Spirit convict, I do not have that power.

Never look at numbers, God does the Saving, you bring the Truth God gave to you.

On the joke thread I put an essay about the coffee bean. I would like you to read that, and see if it helps shed some light on the trials you face. and let me know if it does, ok?

God Bless

Joel

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adopted Daughter
Member # 414

Dear the Laboror,

I would be interested as well. Since my salvation 6 years ago, I have not failed to give the gospel to everyone I ever knew or meet. I have tried fire and brimstone, the gift, service, message board evangelism, you name it, always bathing my efforts in prayer and (trying) to leave the results to the Lord. I have been rebuffed, cursed, forced out of a job, ostracised and generally abused. Not one success for the Lord can I count. Oh, one young woman prayed in front of me, but from our conversation it really seemed that she was probably already saved and just needed assurance from me.

In case it isn't obvious from the tone of my note here, I am heartbroken and angry. Why would the Lord give such a command to all believers and then only seem to equip some for the job? I know what my spritual gift is, and anytime I am led to use it I am bowled over by the power it has. Yet I yearn to lead people to the Lord to find what I have been blessed to find and every attempt is thwarted. How many tens, hundreds or thousands of rebuffs does one have to get before just giving up? The only think that keeps me going is the fact that when I got saved, I looked around and realized that fully HALF (about 20 people) of my considerable extended family are born-again bible believers and in the 33 years before I got saved, not a one of them could find it in themselves to give me the plan of salvation.

Well, I am done ranting and raving. I am fresh from a particularly harsh rebuff on a secular site.

Adopted Daughter (a reference to our adoption by the Father)

abidinginhim
Advanced Member
Member # 620

At the pregnancy center our prayer every day is to bring in the women and the men who need the Lord. When we don't pray that prayer we have a rather quiet day -- when we pray that prayer we have an incredible day. I pray that the Lord will bring those people into my path that he is already "wooing". I firmly believe that if we have that "feeling" that we are to talk to someone about the Lord or just to plant a seed -- the Holy Spirit has already prepared that person to hear what we have to say. Oh we'll get weird looks, and maybe some unkind words but if that is what the Holy Spirit has told us to do -- he'll bring the harvest!

There is nothing that compares to leading someone to the Lord. To watch the joy in their faces is the ultimate gift the Lord has given me...

--------------------
It's All About Him!

the_laborer
First Post
Member # 749

Icon 18 posted      Profile for the_laborer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As a Christian, I take seriously the Great Commission. I am always looking for unique and clever ways to evangelize the lost. It is my desire here to solicit feedback from believers on ways that the Lord has blessed them in their endeavors to win souls.

Let's encourage one another in this most overlooked part of the Christian life.

In Christ,

Jake

--------------------
JSB

Posts: 1 | From: Connecticut | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement