Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » This Message Board

Author Topic: This Message Board
knowHim
Admin
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted      Profile for knowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bro. D.:
O.K. I will look out. I'm always looking for software that I can use that will be compatible with my system. Q. Is the problem interfacing with different systems or just overall sluggishness of the system? This will help me to look out for you.

The software I am using was made in 2004. Outdated and the company closed down.

--------------------
Plow on, plow on...
David Campbell

Posts: 426 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bro. D.
Community Member
Member # 16331

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Bro. D.   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
O.K. I will look out. I'm always looking for software that I can use that will be compatible with my system. Q. Is the problem interfacing with different systems or just overall sluggishness of the system? This will help me to look out for you.
Posts: 16 | From: California | Registered: May 2022  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knowHim
Admin
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted      Profile for knowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Bro. D

I have decided to just keep this one now and look for something where we don't lose what we have.

Thanks for the comments. If you have any ideas on what I can use please let me know.

David

--------------------
Plow on, plow on...
David Campbell

Posts: 426 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bro. D.
Community Member
Member # 16331

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Bro. D.   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just signed up to this site after a very long search and find it refreshingly clean, simple and easy to use. I took computer system courses and programming in College in the '80's and still remember a lot of what I learned. I also know how hard it is to completely change from one system to a new one. Once you go forward, you can't return and you always lose more than you gain.

Maybe instead of getting new software that will completely lose everything and everyone, it would be better to do small enhancements and upgrades within the same system. It's cheaper and it works quite well. Many times, the software is low cost or even free. It generally meshes with the existing software. I know this because I do this all of the time.

***VERY IMPORTANT TO CONSIDER***
It's almost impossible to find a safe and stable place on the internet, where we, as believers, can communicate with each other and share our ideas. Big Social media, blocks us all of the time.

Posts: 16 | From: California | Registered: May 2022  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knowHim
Admin
Member # 8

Icon 5 posted      Profile for knowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just want to know what everyone thinks about this. The software running this message board is very outdated and the signup form is not working. So I am thinking of getting better software for the message board. Most likely we will lose everyone that is signed up now and everyone will have to sign up again.

Also, we will lose all messages currently on the board.

But I think it will be best for the future of the message board.

Please post what you think.

David

--------------------
Plow on, plow on...
David Campbell

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement