Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Convoluted Beliefs

Author Topic: Convoluted Beliefs
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 15 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daily Meditation
"A high-tech way to deliver God's Word"

Convoluted Beliefs

2 Tim 2:15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

I recall how a number of years ago, a church in the Midwest split up because they couldn’t agree on how many steeples their church should have. Now don’t make the mistake of thinking that they alone were carrying things to the extreme, because unknown numbers of churches split over less important things.

One of the main reasons that individuals leave a church, either to start another one, or simply attend another one, is because they’re not "comfortable" where they are. The problem is that there is a danger in becoming "comfortable." Secondly, there are those who want to be the "head honcho," regardless of whether God has called them to the ministry, so they start their own church.

I know of a church where the pastor is notorious for sleeping with every lady he can in his congregation. He has actually stood behind the pulpit after being caught and said, "This is just the way that I am; get used to it!" And his church is growing! Why? Because people like a church where they can do what they wish, and not be chastised for it. They like to be "comfortable!"

After all, if their pastor is a womanizer, then he can’t condemn them if they do the same. And as the old saying goes, "Birds of a feather, flock together." Where I live, there are numerous women who sell their bodies during the week, and then act "holy" on Sunday. No, the word "numerous" is not an exaggeration, as it may be an underestimation. And as long as they put something in the offering, nobody cares!

Now, lest you think that I’m picking on women, remember that every time a woman crawls in bed with someone who isn’t her husband, there is a man involved! And sadly, some of those men are pastors and leaders in various churches. The fact is that all the individuals I’ve mentions have "convoluted beliefs!"

Too few individuals who claim to be Christians, open their Bibles and "study to show [themselves] approved unto God, a workman [that needs not be ashamed], rightly dividing the word of truth."(2 Tim 2:15) They take bits and pieces of doctrine which they’ve been taught, have grown up with, or are "comfortable" with, and form their own concepts. And those "concepts" are more often than not, "convoluted beliefs!"

Now I want to give you something to think about; I'm going to present something which you may never have considered: The majority of those who claim to be Christians, adamantly argue that Jesus was crucified on Friday afternoon, and rose again early Sunday morning. And in order to come to that conclusion, they must either ignore Jesus’ words when He said, "For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth,"(Mat 12:40) or call Him a liar, or ignorant. He didn't say parts of three days and nights, but three full days, and three full nights. Lest you missed it, "three days and three nights" add up to 72 hours! Try and fit that in between Friday afternoon, and early Sunday morning. Go ahead; I challenge you! (Smile)

My friend, Jesus didn’t repeat the time which He would be in the "heart of the earth" because He was "stuttering." He repeated it because He knew that most of Christianity today would have "convoluted beliefs," and He wanted to leave absolutely no doubt as to how long He would be in the grave.

I’ve just used this as an example as how "convoluted" man’s reasoning can become. If you wish to explore this further, click on: http://dailymeditation.us/SunRiseOrSonRise.html

Another example of "convoluted beliefs" is found in Luke 23:43 and John 20:17. In Luke 23:43, Jesus said to the thief beside Him, "Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise." And in John 20:17 he said to Mary in the garden, three full days, and three full nights later, "Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father."

Now, think about this: "Which person was He lying to?" The thief, or to Mary? Careful now; Jesus didn’t lie to either one, because the comma is in the wrong place in Luke 23:43. It should be after the word "today," not before it! Keep in mind that there was no puncuation marks in the origina Greek lanuage which this verse is translated from, and the translators inserted one in the wrong place. However, many people don’t bother to "study" their Bible, and therefore don’t notice the discrepancy. They just go with the flow, or what is "comfortable," and the result is a "convoluted belief."

Now I realize that I’ve thrown some things at you that may be controversial, but it’s not by accident; I did it because the Holy Spirit instructed me to, and He wants you to do some studying. My friend, I want you to go beyond "convoluted beliefs." I want you to ask the Holy Spirit to help you understand what God’s Holy Word really says!

If you want to understand what God’s Word says about a Christian’s death, go to: http://dailymeditation.us/ImmediatelyAfterDeath.html There you will find God’s Word on the subject, not some "convoluted belief."

Now, before I close this Meditation, I want to urge you ask the Holy Spirit to guide you as you "study" God’s Word. Don’t just take your pastor’s word. Don’t rely up some TV preacher. Don’t let a Sunday School teacher be your only source of information. And most certainly, don’t take my word as being absolute. With the Holy Spirit's help, STUDY GOD’S WORD FOR YOURSELF!!!

Study; it works!
Rev Russ

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement