Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Deviating From The Truth

Author Topic: Deviating From The Truth
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daily Meditation
"A high-tech way to deliver God's Word"

Deviating From The Truth

Jer 6:16 Thus says the Lord: "Stand in the ways and see, and ask for the old paths, where the good way is, and walk in it; then you will find rest for your souls." But they said, "We will not walk in it."

I’ve come your way today to warn you that many are "deviating from the truth!" However, that should come as no surprise, as "the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron."(1 Tim 4:1,2)

In many cases, the church has become a ‘feel-good,’ mutual admiration society. People leave church "feeling good" because of some "antics" which they’ve participated in, rather than "feeling uncomfortable" because their pastor accurately preached God’s Word, and stepped on their toes! And when a "God-fearing" pastor is faithful to God's Word, they say, "We will not walk in it."

Also, in many cases, God’s Word is not preached, but is replaced by a watered down, politically correct, motivational speech. One of the largest churches in the United States has a pastor who rarely, if ever opens God’s Word as he speaks, nevertheless, his church is packed. He gives a great "motivational talk," and doesn’t demand anything of his listeners. And they love it!

I’ve stood in Hyde Park in London, where anyone can draw a crowd as they stand on a box and speak any kind of nonsense they wish. My friend, I want you to know that one can draw a crowd in church, as in Hyde Park, if you look like, smell like, act like the world, and especially if you preach prosperity. Yes, God used a donkey to speak to Baalam, however, that doesn't mean that we’re to act like a donkey, even though some go to church smelling like one.

A foolish argument is used that God uses different people in different ways, thus some should dress like the world, and use music like the club, in order that the unsaved should not be uncomfortable. My friend, if an unsaved person isn’t "uncomfortable" in your church, something is extremely wrong with what they observe and hear.

If an unsaved person can leave your church feeling "comfortable," you’ve failed! Lest you’ve forgotten, the idea is that an unsaved individual will feel "uncomfortable" enough in their condition, that they’ll want to accept Jesus as their Savior!

No, I’m not advocating that you deliberately hurt someone’s feelings, nor offend them, but that you dress, sing and act like a "child"(John 1:2) of the King of the universe. If you’re a Christian, you’re "God’s ambassador,"(2 Cor 5:20) act like it!!!

However, God knew in advance what our take place here on earth, and the Holy Spirit instructed the writer of 2 Tim 4:3,4 to write, "the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables."

Now, I’ve laid the groundwork for this Meditation by pointing out what is wrong with many groups that call themselves a ‘church.’ God’s Word states that a Christian, and that includes His church, should "not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?

And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever? And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will dwell in them And walk among them. I will be their God, and they shall be My people."

Therefore "Come out from among them and be separate, says the Lord. Do not touch what is unclean, and I will receive you. I will be a Father to you, and you shall be My sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty."(2 Cor 6:14-18)

Lest it has escaped your attention, those verses are from the New Testament; God’s standards haven’t changed! If you want the unsaved to take notice of you, "Come out from among them and be separate." Furthermore, God will never change, because He said of Himself, "I am the Lord, I do not change!"(Mal 3:6)

In plain, easy to understand language, a Christian should look different, sound different, live differently, dress different and give the unsaved more than the "same old thing" as a way to gain "everlasting life." I want you to ask yourself, "Why would an unsaved person want to become a Christian, if I appear to be the same as them?"

Once in awhile, I receive mail from someone who takes issue with what I write, however, I’m in good company, as Jesus said, "Because I tell the truth, you do not believe Me."(John 8:45) My friend, "Have I therefore become your enemy because I tell you the truth?"(Gal 4:16)

The fact is that I would rather make you uncomfortable, and cause you to think, than just write what makes you "feel good." As for me, I refuse to stray from the truth.

Where do you stand?

Rev Russ

Home Page

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement