Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Read The Manual

Author Topic: Read The Manual
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 15 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Search the scriptures;
for in them ye think ye have eternal life:
and they are they which testify of me."
John 5:39

Fall has arrived again and with it a blanket of leaves cover my lawn. This year I decided I would purchase a lawn sweeper for the arduous task of leaf removal. I made my choice on a particular model based on the reviews from those that had purchased one. All the reviews were positive and gave the sweeper five stars, except for the assembly in which all agreed was a nightmare. My thoughts on that were that it comes with an assembly manual, so how hard could it be if I followed the instructions.
As I opened the box and saw bags of parts, wheels, and brackets, I remembered that word from the reviews, "nightmare". So, I determined that before I touched anything, I would read the manual in its entirety. The first words I read were how simple the assembly would be if I followed each step in the proper order. Well, that makes sense, so I proceeded.
It was hard to keep myself from skipping ahead and attaching the obvious parts to each other but I refrained and followed the manual to the letter. Before I knew it, there it was, one completely assembled lawn sweeper and it performs just as the manufacturer promised .

Life may not be that simple, but God has supplied us with instructions on how we are to live that life. We were made by him and for him. Within that creation are his instructions that we are to follow because that is his order of things. Violating his instructions produce inherent consequences. "For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope, Romans 15:4.
God left instructions in his inspired word, the bible, so that we can avoid those consequences by staying within his prescribed boundaries. If God so established these boundaries for our behavior, can we not expect disastrous results for violating them? He works in our lives, one day at a time, one step at a time, and before we know it, we will be complete in him just as he promised.
Friends, are you living your life according to God's instructions? If not or you're not sure, refer to the manual provided by the creator. Read your bible each and every day. Pray and ask God to show you his will for your life. The bible contains everything you need to know, including step by step instructions designed by God for you personally. "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness", (2 Timothy 3:16). Read the manual and God will guide you through the assembly of your life.

Daily Nuggets
Charles Sonnier
11/6/2010

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement