Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Love Your Brother

Author Topic: Love Your Brother
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is no shortage of scriptures telling us that we must love our brother. Yahushua commanded it:

John 15:17 - These things I command you, that ye love one another.
Not just in word but in deed...as He did.
John 13:34 - A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
He loves us...and His works proved it. It wasn't Him saying 'I love you my brothers' that revealed His love for us but...His action
John 15:13 - Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
What more could He give to us? The scriptures are packed full of commandments telling us to love our brother.
John 13:35 - By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.
That love for one another should be a light and witness to the world that we are like Yahushua..
who loved us to the death and served His Father in so doing. What kind of deeds shows this love?
Romans 12:10 - Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another; 11 - Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving YAHWEH;
Our love to one another is a service to Yahweh. Remember Yahushua said that:
Matthew 20:26 - But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister; 27 - And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant:
Romans 13:8 - Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

Remember that this love is not empty word but active service. What do we do for our brethren? What works do we show ? Are we really only serving ourselves? Or our own families only? Do we pray for one another daily? Do we see our brother in need and not ask to help?
1John 3:17 - But whoever has this world's goods, and sees his brother in need, and shuts up his heart from him, how does the love of YAHWEH abide in him?
We should therefore love our brother..for Yahweh does. If Yahweh's love is truly in us....we will love our brother as He does.
Ephesians 4:1 - I, therefore, the prisoner of Yahushua, beseech you to walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, 2 - with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, 3 - endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
We may not have pure unity in doctrine..but we can have unity of the Spirit. If indeed the same Spirit is in each of us...and it should be! It's a beautiful thing when we are in unity
Psalms 133:1 - Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity! 2 - It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron's beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments; 3 - As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there YAHWEH commanded the blessing, even life for evermore.
We should be taught of Yahweh to love one another. When His Spirit is in us...loving our brother through us
1Thessalonians 4:9 - But as touching brotherly love ye need not that I write unto you: for ye yourselves are taught of YAHWEH to love one another.
And as the end times approach, we will surely be needing one another.
Hebrews 10:23 - Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful. 24 - And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, 25 - not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.
It is clear that the end time people of Yahweh are together...speaking often to one another
Malachi 3:16 - Then they that feared YAHWEH spake often one to another: and YAHWEH hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared YAHWEH, and that thought upon his name. 17 - And they shall be mine, saith YAHWEH of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him.
1Peter 3:8 - Finally, all of you be of one mind, having compassion for one another; love as brothers, be tenderhearted, be courteous; 9 - not returning evil for evil or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary blessing, knowing that you were called to this, that you may inherit a blessing.
Evil for evil...reviling for reviling.. These things we must set aside! Bury them! Our enemy isn't our brother!
Our brother is a companion of Yahweh! So what if he isn't perfect..are you?
1John 3:11 - For this is the message that you heard from the beginning, that we should love one another, 23 - And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Yahushua the Messiah and love one another, as He gave us commandment.
1John 4:7 - Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of YAHWEH; and everyone who loves is born of YAHWEH and knows YAHWEH.

1John 4:11 - Beloved, if YAHWEH so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12 - No one has seen YAHWEH at any time. If we love one another, YAHWEH abides in us, and His love has been perfected in us.
2John 1:5 - And now I plead with you, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment to you, but that which we have had from the beginning: that we love one another.
1Peter 2:17 - Honor all people. Love the brotherhood. Fear YAHWEH. Honor the king.

1Peter 4:8 - And above all things have fervent love for one another, for "love will cover a multitude of sins."
1John 3:18 - My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth.
Leviticus 19:18 - Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am YAHWEH.
Who are our brethren? Yahushua said..
Matthew 12:50 - For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.
Mark 3:35 - For whosoever shall do the will of YAHWEH, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother.
Luke 8:21 - And he answered and said unto them, My mother and my brethren are these which hear the word of YAHWEH, and do it.
Now one might say.. "This person says he is a brother but didn't obey Yahweh" "Therefore he must not be a brother" If one chooses to make that judgement...he must be VERY careful! For Yahweh knows who are His:
2Timothy 2:19 - Nevertheless the foundation of YAHWEH standeth sure, having this seal, YAHWEH knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of the Messiah depart from iniquity.
But what if our brother continually sins against us..is he still our brother?
Matthew 18:15 - Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.
And if he asks for forgiveness..forgive him.
Luke 17:3 - Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him. 4 - And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him.
7 times?
Matthew 18:21 - Then came Kepha to him, and said, Rabbi, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times? 22 - Yahushua saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven. 23 - Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take account of his servants. 24 - And when he had begun to reckon, one was brought unto him, which owed him ten thousand talents. 25 - But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his master commanded him to be sold, and his wife, and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made. 26 - The servant therefore fell down, and worshipped him, saying, Master, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all. 27 - Then the master of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt. 28 - But the same servant went out, and found one of his fellowservants, which owed him an hundred pence: and he laid hands on him, and took him by the throat, saying, Pay me that thou owest. 29 - And his fellowservant fell down at his feet, and besought him, saying, Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all. 30 - And he would not: but went and cast him into prison, till he should pay the debt. 31 - So when his fellowservants saw what was done, they were very sorry, and came and told unto their master all that was done. 32 - Then his master, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me: 33 - Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee? 34 - And his master was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him. 35 - So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.
Do we want to be delivered to the tormentors? Then we MUST Forgive our brother from the HEART! But if he refuses to hear you..
Matthew 18:16 - But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. 17 - And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican. 18 - Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. 19 - Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. 20 - For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
What do you do if you see your brother sinning?
James 5:19 - Brethren, if anyone among you wanders from the truth, and someone turns him back, 20 - let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins.
Galatians 6:1 - Brethren, if a man is overtaken in any trespass, you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness, considering yourself lest you also be tempted.
It is a temptation of Satan to look upon ourselves as a greater one when we tell a brother of their sin. Therefore we must lay down all pride and tell him in gentleness.. remembering..
Philippians 2:3 - Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.
If only all would practice this! [Smile]
Philippians 2:4 - Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.
James 4:11 - Do not speak evil of one another, brethren. He who speaks evil of a brother and judges his brother, speaks evil of the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. 12 - There is one Lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy. Who are you to judge another?
Therefore brethren, let us walk in love, in humility, in righteousness. With sincere love for the brothers
For if we do not, then we are not children of Yahweh:
1John 3:14 - We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love the brethren. He who does not love his brother abides in death. 15 - Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him. 16 - By this we know love, because He laid down His life for us. And we also ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. 17 - But whoever has this world's goods, and sees his brother in need, and shuts up his heart from him, how does the love of YAHWEH abide in him? 18 - My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth.
1John 2:7 - Brethren, I write no new commandment to you, but an old commandment which you have had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which you heard from the beginning. 8 - Again, a new commandment I write to you, which thing is true in Him and in you, because the darkness is passing away, and the true light is already shining. 9 - He who says he is in the light, and hates his brother, is in darkness until now. 10 - He who loves his brother abides in the light, and there is no cause for stumbling in him. 11 - But he who hates his brother is in darkness and walks in darkness, and does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes.

Such strong words! We say we walk in the light! If we do, then let us serve one another in TRUTH, with JOY and
without grumbling or complaining? Does Yahweh complain about helping us? If we truly have Yahweh's Spirit..then we will have the fruits! Not just toward the world. But toward our brothers and sisters also! And not just our brothers and sisters in the world, but also our immediate family brothers and sisters! Like our wives and children
In all things, let us walk in the Spirit! In the light! Not in darkness. Blessed are those who are doing such when our Master comes If you have a grudge? Cast it from your heart!
Leviticus 19:18 - Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am YAHWEH.
It is SIN. I believe Yahushua is coming for a pure bride! Therefore let us purify ourselves for the coming of Yahushua and be without spot or blemish Speaking often to one another...in joy..in peace..in longsuffering...yes...in love for one another!

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement