Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Can a Person Be Perfect

Author Topic: Can a Person Be Perfect
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ENOUGH SAID !

[thumbsup2]

[hug]

[wave3]

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sister Carol states:

quote:
Under the Old Covenant the sacrifice of animals covered their sins. Our sins are not covered by the blood of Christ - they are completely forgiven and removed.
This is so true, for the blood of bulls and goats only covered sin;
The Precious Messiah's removed our sin as far as the east is from the west.

[thumbsup2]

--------------------

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Betty Louise:
I have never known one perfect person. How then can we been seen as perfect by God? When He looks at His children, He looks at us,through the blood of Jesus. Our sins are covered by the perfect blood of Jesus.
betty

Under the Old Covenant the sacrifice of animals covered their sins. Our sins are not covered by the blood of Christ - they are completely forgiven and removed.
Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

thats exactly what i said Betty...

The price for "perfection" was paid by the Blood of Yahushua,.

If we sin, and repent, His shed blood ATONES
and makes us PERFECT in YHWH sight.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never known one perfect person. How then can we been seen as perfect by God? When He looks at His children, He looks at us,through the blood of Jesus. Our sins are covered by the perfect blood of Jesus.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Ya'll do a study of this...its not maturity...
you will be surprised!

love
barry

--------------------

barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

along those lines, above, we must....remember the scripture:

Turn the other cheek, also, love not only our brothers and sisters, but our enemies; just like YHWH did with us!

Forgive and you shall be forgiven!

Bless them that curse you;

Bless them that dispitefully use you;

My God man; we HAVE NO RIGHTS!

Vengence is MINE saith YHWH!

HE will repay;

YTou think you can say, i turn the cheek once, but after that i will msite thee???

NO
NO
NO
i ve heard ppl say "im not a door mat!..yes we are

As a lamb to the slaughter, HE openend not HIS MOUTH!

We are to walk as HE walked!

love
barry

--------------------

barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Matt: 5

37But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.

38Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:

39But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

40And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also.

41And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.

42Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.

43Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.

44But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

45That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

46For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?

47And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?

48Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

this presents something we must look at!

For we cannot discount scripture, if the Master said it then it is first of all true, 2nd of all atainable, and 3rdly it is commanded!

When we are "born again", this held much more meaning when it was spoken to Nicademous, [Jimmy Carter kinda exploited the term], but when one is "born again from above", The Messiah's rigteousness by keeping the law is "imputed" to us.

That means it was imparted, it was counted to us as righteousness, it is "grace" because we could never, never "kept" the law like Yahushua did, without spot or blemish "perfect"; but this GRACE in which i speak of imparted that same righteousness to us, so at that point all our "previous" sins were surely washed away, to the "sea" of forgetfullness" if you will...
As far as the East is from the West; and God in HIS sovergn (sp), state "remembers" them NO MORE!

In our Father's eyes, we are 'perfect', no transgressions of the Law against us; for we have recieved "HIS" Spirit and by HIS Grace The Messiah's perfection in the Law was imputed to us.

Could Yahushua have sinned, i think so, HE could have turned, why do i sasy this..Well YHWH cannot be tempted with evil, the scripture says, nor does HE tempt any man with evil!

Yahushua was tempted, one cannot be tempted if there is no way to turn, or fall!

Back to the point, at that point we are perfect; Bible says in 1 John:

9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1 John 2:

1My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

2And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

3And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

4He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

5But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

6He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

WE have an advocate, if we sin, conviction is swift; we cry o7ut : Father forgive me, im sorry i fell (sinned), (transgressed), however were led, Yahushua takes the place of our advocate (lawyer).."Father I paid for that, by my blood!"

The Father see's HIS Son's Blood, and we again are perfect in the Father's eyes!

This is the way i see, and the scriptures blend together.

barry

--------------------

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A three year old can be a perfect three year old. A ten year old can be a perfect ten year old. And so on. We can be perfect in our stage of spiritual maturity, whatever it is, if we are submitted to the Holy Spirit of Christ, but we can never reach the perfection of Christ.

John 1:1 - 3 (NASB)
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.

I'm only 60 years old. I'd say I have a long, long way to go. [Big Grin]

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneinchrist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Barry,
I do not believe that a person can suddenly be perfect......as if they are "poof!" suddenly just like God . But I do believe that we can be perfected(over time)...... but certainly not without the help of Jesus by the Holy Spirit as we are guided into our own unique calling.

With love in Christ, Daniel

Posts: 1389 | From: Wind Lake, WI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 15 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can a person be perfect, esp. in this day and age?

What do you think?

barry

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement