Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » HEALING, THEN AND NOW

Author Topic: HEALING, THEN AND NOW
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 7 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Manny a time I reached out in total desperation just to touch the hem of His robe in my mind and was renewed each and every time.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Touch of the Master's Hand!!!!

Song of Jesus
©1990 Drew D. Montgomery

Sing a song of Jesus, Teacher, Healer, Friend,
Sing a song of Jesus, stanzas without end,
From Bethleham to Calvary, the cradle to the grave,
Sing a song of Jesus, the only one who saves.

Chorus:
Sing a song, song of Jesus,
Sing it out let it ring,
Sing a song, song of Jesus,
Messiah, Savior, King.

Sing a song of Jesus, his glory, might and grace,
As he walked to Bethany, the tears that stained his face,
As he called the dead-man forth, all wrapped up in a shroud,
How the spark of life returned when the master called aloud.

Chorus

Sing a song of Jesus, the Lion and the Lamb,
Sing of might and sacrifice throughout that barren land.
Sing of wounds on hands and feet, upon his head and side,
And how our blessed Savior, God, was so cruelly crucified.

Chorus

Sing about our Jesus, how they took him from that tree,
And placed him in that cold, dark tomb at the foot of Calvary.
The Romans and Sanhedrian sealed up that tomb so tight,
But there's nothing darkness ever does can prevail against Heaven's might.

Chorus

Sing about our Jesus that resurrection day,
The grave-clothes laying on the slab, the stone had rolled away.
The dead are dead no longer, captivity's been set free,
And now he's opened Heaven's gate, to let in you and me.

Chorus

Jesus, Lord, Messiah, Master, Savior, Friend.
Who taketh from a lost dead state, giveth life that'll never end.
Guide me down thy pathways, fill me with thy Holy Ghost,
And when I slip these earthly bonds, bring me into thy Heavenly Host..

Chorus

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 15 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
by Cornelius R. Stam

"And there came a leper to Him, beseeching Him, and kneeling down to Him, and saying unto Him, If Thou wilt, Thou canst make me clean" (Mark 1:40).

It is interesting to observe exactly what the leper did and did not say to our Lord in the above passage. He did not say: "If You could, You would," even though more and greater miracles would unquestionably have enhanced our Lord's fame. He rather said: "If You will, You can" --- "If Thou wilt, Thou canst make me clean."

The people of our Lord's day did not question the genuineness of His miracles. No one suggested that the infirmities He dealt with might be psychosomatic in nature, that they were probably either real healings of imaginary infirmities or imaginary healings of real infirmities. They could not raise these objections, for the evidences of the supernatural character of His healings were too overwhelming to admit of this. Everywhere He went healing the sick or casting out demons, the people "wondered and were amazed," and spread "His fame" abroad from city to city. At Capernaum:

"All they that had any sick with divers diseases brought them unto Him, and He laid His hands on every one of them and healed them" (Luke 4:40).

How different it is with the "healers" of our day and with their claims! Entirely apart from the objections of those who question these "healings" on Scriptural grounds, it is a simple fact that great numbers of people among the general populace question the validity of both the "healers" and their "healing miracles."

Meantime, as one has said, the death rate remains "one apiece." There always comes that last time, when the "healing" doesn't work and the patient dies. This is why all modern "healers" leave behind them a long, sad trail of disillusionment and shaken faith.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement