Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Yahushua: Violation of the Law will abound

Author Topic: Yahushua: Violation of the Law will abound
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well Matt 24 , ill go into a little later [Smile]

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You wrote about Matthew 24. I wrote about Matthew 24.

So...?

By the way, Matthew 24 is about the Tribulation. It's the Olivet Discourse.

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sister Carol your entire post does not belong in this thread...its about tribulation

--------------------

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Beginning of the Tribulation (Matt. 24:4-14)

The events described in this section are “the beginning of birth-pangs” (Matt. 24:8). The image of a woman in travail is a picture of the Tribulation period (Isa. 13:6-11; 1 Thes. 5:5). Let’s consider some of the significant events that will occur at the beginning of this period.

Religious deception (vv. 4-5).

The Jews have often been led astray by false prophets and false christs. The rider on the white horse in Revelation 6:1-2 is the Antichrist, that final world dictator who will lead the nations astray. He will begin his career as a peacemaker, signing a covenant with Israel to protect her from her enemies (Dan. 9:27). Israel will welcome this man as their great benefactor (John 5:43).

Wars (v. 6).

Note that wars are not a sign of the end. There have always been wars in the world, and will be until the very end. Wars of themselves do not announce the end of the age or the coming of the Lord.

Famines (v. 7a).

War and famine usually go together. Revelation 6:6 suggests terribly high prices for staple foods, for a “penny” was a day’s wages.

Death (vv. 7b-8).

Earthquakes help to create famines, and both help to cause epidemics that take many lives.

Martyrs (v. 9).

Christians have always been hated by the world, but here we have an acceleration of persecutions and murders. All nations will be involved. This certainly was not true in the history of the early church.

Worldwide chaos (vv. 10-13).

Those who once were true to each other will betray each other. This suggests that marriages, homes, and nations will be torn asunder because of lack of loyalty. Lawlessness will abound (Matt. 24:12) , for even the law enforcement agencies will not be able to keep the peace.

Matthew 24:13 has nothing to do with personal salvation in this present age of grace. “The end” does not mean the end of this life; it refers to the end of the age (Matt. 24:14). Those believers on earth during this terrible period, who endure in their faith, will be saved when the Lord comes at the end and delivers them.

Worldwide preaching (v. 14).

Revelation 7:1-8 teaches that God will choose and seal 144,000 Jewish evangelists who will carry the kingdom message to the ends of the earth. This verse does not teach that the Gospel of God’s grace must be spread to every nation today before Jesus can return for His church. It is the Lord’s return at the end of the age that is in view here.

(Wiersbe)

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Yahushua: Violation of the Law will abound

Let's examine something that Yahushua predicted would come:

Matthew 24:11 - And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.12 - And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

Yahushua is speaking here that during the latter days false prophets will arise. Apparently this will cause 'iniquity' to abound. It is interesting to do a word study on this word 'iniquity' that is translated from the Greek language into our own. It comes from the Greek word "anomia". We will find in the Thayer's Greek lexicon a proper definition for this word:

BDB/Thayers # 458 anomia {an-om-ee'-ah} from 459; TDNT - 4:1085,646; n f AV - iniquity 12, unrighteousness 1, transgress the law + 4060 1, transgression of the law 1; 15 1) the condition of without law 1a) because ignorant of it 1b) because of violating it 2) contempt and violation of law, iniquity, wickedness

Please remember that this is the Greek word "Anomia". The first definition is the literal one. It means "the condition of without law".

The Strong's Lexicon defines this word with "illegality (i.e. violation of the law)"

So we can see that as a result of the False Prophets, a 'condition of without law' and 'illegality/violation of the law' will abound. Because of this, the love of many shall wax/grow cold! This is because Yahweh's law teaches us how to love Yahweh and how to love one another .Now this is further proven in an earlier teaching that Yahushua shared:

Matthew 7:13 - Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: 14 - Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Yahushua is informing us that the way to life is not a popular way. It is not a road often traveled on. In fact, He said that it is a 'narrow' way and FEW there be that find it! Therefore today I call on all mankind, 33% of which profess to be christians..to TAKE HEED! If we are on a path that MANY others are on, we surely cannot be on a path that few find!
Continuing..

Matthew 7:15 - Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Because of the wolves, we must remember that the narrow path calls for discernment!
Matthew 7:16 - Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? 17 - Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

Note that both bring forth fruit, but one is evil, the other good
Matthew 7:18 - A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. 19 - Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. 20 - Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

So we will know them by their fruits! Now Yahushua I believe is expounding on this. What is meant by good fruit? Will they have many miracles and signs and wonders to prove that what they are teaching is true? Will this prove that their fruit is indeed good, and not evil?
Matthew 7:21 - Not every one that saith unto me, Rabbi, Rabbi, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22 - Many will say to me in that day, Rabbi, Rabbi, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

Some in sheep's clothing must be calling Him Rabbi, Rabbi (Master, Master).
Matthew 7:23 - And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

There is that word again, "iniquity". So here we have a group of people who profess to preach Yahushua. They even thought that they cast out demons, healed, prophesied and done many other wonderful works. Sadly, they were apparently false teachers and deceived by the 'strong delusion'! What was Yahushua saying about them? "Depart from me, ye that work iniquity!" What was their TRUE work? In the Greek it is that word again, 'Anomia' which is 'illegality/violation of the law' or without law (But translated 'iniquity')! Look it up, you will see. We can know them by their fruits!
Today and in generations past we have been taught that we are 'under grace' and need not keep that ol' law anymore. But Yahushua says otherwise. He says that those who are without the law have no salvation. Now let's look at more instances of this word "Anomia" but first, let's examine the first part of its definition once more, for this will further prove what I am saying

"BDB/Thayers # 458 anomia {an-om-ee'-ah} from 459..."

Notice that this "Anomia" (#458) is derived from another word. It is word number #459.

What is its definition?

BDB/Thayers # 459 anomos {an'-om-os} from 1 (as a negative particle) and 3551; TDNT - 4:1086,646; adj AV - without law 4, transgressor 2, wicked 2, lawless 1, unlawful 1; 10 1) destitute of (the Mosaic) law 1a) of the Gentiles 2) departing from the law, a violator of the law, lawless, wicked.

Now here we are given a more thorough definition. It's meaning is to be 'destitute of (the Mosaic) law'. So for those who might say we have a 'new law now' and this is speaking of a new testament law, not the old '(Mosaic) law' it becomes obvious that this statement has nothing to stand on.

In fact, you may notice that THIS word "Anomos" comes from the Greek word "nomos (#3551)" which is translated "Law" nearly 200 times in the New Testament, almost without exception speaking of Yahweh's law in the "old testament"!

So could we not surmise from these definitions what even the King James translators used in the following verse when coming across the word "Anomia"?...

1John 3:4 - Whoever commits sin transgresses also the law, for sin is the transgression of the law.

The phrase "transgression of the law" is from #458 "Anomia"! Again, this verse deals with 'Who Yahweh's people truly are' just as Yahushua had revealed:
1John 3:5 - And you know that He was manifested to take away our sins, and in Him there is no sin. 6 - Whoever abides in Him does not sin. Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him.

Yahushua came to take away our sins, not the entire law! So whoever abides in Yahushua will not sin. Therefore they will not 'transgress the law' for sin is transgression of the (mosaic) law. So indeed Yahushua spoke the truth when He said that 'transgression of the law' or #458 "Anomia" would abound in the last days.
Now lets examine more scriptures. This time we will look at the word "Anomos" which literally means "destitute of (the Mosaic) law".

Mark 15:27 - And with him they crucify two thieves; the one on his right hand, and the other on his left. 28 - And the scripture was fulfilled, which saith, And he was numbered with the transgressors.

This word "Transgressors" is indeed "anomos" which means those who are "destitute of (the Mosaic) law". Interestingly, it is quoting an verse in the book of the prophet Isaiah.
Isaiah 53:12 - Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

The Hebrew word "pasha" used in this verse is translated "transgressors". This is the same Hebrew word translated "Transgressors" here in the following verse:
Psalms 37:38 - But the transgressors shall be destroyed together: the end of the wicked shall be cut off.

And "Transgressed" here:
Isaiah 66:22 - For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith YAHWEH, so shall your seed and your name remain. 23 - And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith YAHWEH. 24 - And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh. .

"the men that have transgressed against me"
So, again we see that those who violate the law of Yahweh will be destroyed just as Yahushua predicted and "their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh." This is purely consistent with Yahushua's teaching that He will reject them on the final day.

This is a serious thing to ponder my dear friend! We surely do not want to be in that group of people!!

Yet, who will hear this message? Who has ears to hear? As we will see, it is certainly not those who do not love the truth! This is all part of Satan's plan. To deceive men by the 'false prophets' into thinking we are have no need of His Torah/law today! Let's examine a new testament passage:

2Thessalonians 2:1 - Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Master Yahushua the Messiah, and by our gathering together unto him, 2 - That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of the Messiah is at hand. 3 - Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; 4 - Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called elohim, or that is worshipped; so that he as elohim sitteth in the temple of elohim, shewing himself that he is elohim. 5 - Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

Here is the prediction of a falling away...but falling away from what?
2Thessalonians 2:6 - And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time. 7 - For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

It is a 'mystery', is it not? And it was already at work. What Greek word is used here that is translated "iniquity" in the phrase "Mystery of iniquity"? You guessed it, "Anomia" or "Illegality/violation of the law"!
What will happen with these people?

2Thessalonians 2:8 - And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom Yahushua shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

The 'Wicked' will be revealed. But now it is revealed to you that the translators hide this word "Anomia" behind many others. Let's continue in 2Thess...
2Thessalonians 2:9 - Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

He will deceive others through his servants, the false prophets who claim the MIRACLES as evidence of their teaching being the truth but teach others that there is NO LAW!
2Thessalonians 2:10 - And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

They did not receive a love of the truth. What a sad, sorry condition [Frown] (( How important is it to love the truth?? Read that verse!! You must love the truth to be saved, for it obviously leads to eternal damnation: "whom Yahushua shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming"
"Their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh."

"Depart from me!!"

We need to be sure that we never enter that condition! I don't want to be there, ever!! They did not receive a love for the truth, what did Yahushua say was truth?

John 17:16 - They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. 17 - Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

Remember, when Yahushua spoke this, the "New Testament" didn't even exist! Yahweh's word, IS TRUTH! No matter what date it is written! It doesn't matter how far you go back. If Yahweh says something, it doesn't change. He doesn't make a mistake, His word endures forever!
Psal 119:160 Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever.
Continuing in 2 Thessalonians..

2Thessalonians 2:11 - And for this cause YAHWEH shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12 - That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Unrighteousness is sin and sin is transgression of Yahweh's law.
Could it be that these miracles we see today that Christianity is claiming as evidence for their doctrines be a part of the "Strong Delusion" sent from Yahweh?? If the delusion is from Yahweh Himself, SURELY they will be deceived.

Will we walk worthy of our calling? Will we receive this 'Strong Delusion'? We first must be sure that we do not fall into the trap of thinking His law is "taken away" and that we need not walk in it today. From that point we must be sure that we obey the truth and light given to us. For Yahweh will give His Spirit to those who obey the light given:

Acts 5:32 - And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Spirit, whom Elohim hath given to them that obey him.

Have we had not a new conviction in a while? Have we put down our armor for a time? Are we getting caught up in the ways of this world instead of the ways of Yahweh? If so...then I believe this is a sure sign that we need to REPENT of something! And we still have hope!
Titus 2:11 - For the grace of YAHWEH that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, 12 - Teaching us that, denying wickedness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and reverently, in the present age; 13 - Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great Elohim and our Savior Yahushua the Messiah; 14 - Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

There is that word again!! He has come to redeem us from all "INIQUITY", "Anomia" or "Illegality/violation of the law" as the Strong's lexicon has it.
Today, many are so concerned that we are "legalists". Based on what we have read thus far, should we not be concerned more with being an "Illegalist" than a "Legalist"?? Legalism is not obedience to Yahweh's word. Legalism is the doctrine of "Adding to Yahweh's word" something that was never intended!

This is what the Scribes/Pharisees had done, and indeed mainstream Christianity also with its Christmas, Easter, Sunday Sabbath, etc etc etc.! This is all idolatry and there are so many things we have inherited that are filled with paganism and idolatrous worship. The roots of our faith need to be in the scriptures, not in idolatry!! Surely, we have inherited many lies from our fathers!

Just as in Jeremiah's day:

Jeremiah 16:19 - O YAHWEH, my strength, and my fortress, and my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come unto thee from the ends of the earth, and shall say, Surely our fathers have inherited lies, vanity, and things wherein there is no profit. 20 - Shall a man make elohim unto himself, and they are no elohim? 21 - Therefore, behold, I will this once cause them to know, I will cause them to know mine hand and my might; and they shall know that my name is YAHWEH.

Indeed when we learn the ways of Yahweh outlined in His word, His law...which is truth, then surely we know that His name is Yahweh and surely we know what His name is meant to represent. Among other things, His truth and His love which is in His law and the coming kingdom which will be ruled by it!
We should all learn this way of righteousness which He has given...that we might be worthy to stand before the son of man who will not say to us "Depart from me, ye "illegalists/violators of the law"' but instead..

Matthew 25:23 - His master said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy master.

Yahweh has said, and His word endures forever..
Deuteronomy 30:19 - I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

HalleluYah, I pray that you will inherit this joy of eternal life that awaits His servants! Forsaking the traditions and lies handed down to us and walking in the law of Yahweh.

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement