Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Weakened Church

Author Topic: Weakened Church
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how sad ... but the scriptures tell us ...For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.worldviewweekend.com/worldview-times/article.php?articleid=6465

quote:

Most of The Church is so Pitifully Weak that a Mormon Can Now Lead God's People

My heart is very heavy as I write this. I attended two events led by Glen Beck. Friday night, I was at the Kennedy Center for a Glen Beck special. He had a gospel choir singing with a mixed group of speakers. Beck was freely talking about the "LORD." There were speakers from other religions. He was talking about the need for a spiritual revival, who can argue about that! The problem is that Beck is a Mormon with a different Jesus.
There were several prayers offered at this event and NONE were made in the name of Jesus. I was deeply grieved after I left.
On Saturday, I attended the huge rally. If it was just political, I could accept Beck as a leader; however, it went way beyond that. I am not questioning anything about Beck's character or motives. What I am deeply grieved about is that this was not led by the real church of the Lord Jesus Christ. Is America in such desperate spiritual condition, that masses of Christians will follow a Mormon for spiritual revival?
Many times on this blog, I have written about the pastors and church leaders "hiding in the tall grass." I DO NOT LIKE TO SAY THIS!!! It grieves me saying things like that, but it is the truth. The sheep in America are desperate and fearful of what is coming, so they look to a Mormon for leadership. A Mormon leading a meeting like this for America turning back to God should have God-fearing pastors in America on their knees crying out to God for mercy.
I am grieved, not so much with Glen Beck, but that the church is so pitifully weak that a Mormon can now lead God's people, and they do not see the spiritual danger. Once again, if this rally would have been political, then I would have no real problem with Glen Beck. Many of you have contacted me about getting on his show and speaking about my book, As America Has Done to Israel. I would have no problem with this because I would not be under his spiritual authority or under Mormonism. Many of God's people are now desperate while the pastors are held up hiding in the tall grass.

http://www.worldviewweekend.com/worldview-times/article.php?articleid=6470

quote:

Glenn Beck Rally Set Stage for "Christians" to Accept Paganism, and Mormons Say Beck Achieved 200 Year Goal of Getting Evangelicals to Declare That Mormons Are Christians

by Brannon S. Howse

www.worldviewweekend.com

I tried to warn evangelical leaders about Glenn Beck's rallies but most of them laughed at me. Now Satan is the one laughing at them as "Christians" run head-long into embracing non-Biblical theology and call it "Christian". �

Greg West in the Mormon LDS Examiner validates my pre-Beck rally warnings to Evangelical�leaders on my radio program, columns, e-mails, and phone conversations. I told them that partnering with Beck in a spiritual enterprise would send the message that Mormons are Christians.

Greg West writes: �

As a Mormon, I have to consider an unintended message throughout Beck's work, which has culminated in this event. That message is: "Mormons are Christian believers." Despite nearly two centuries of misrepresentation and religious envy by sectarian Christianity, Beck has achieved the visibility, prominence, and has had the time day after day, week after week, to speak openly and truly about his core beliefs. Those statements of faith have disoriented and confused those who had previously believed the lies about Mormons.

Jim Garlow, a popular and influential pastor who partnered with the Mormon faithful in California to defend traditional marriage was quoted recently in CNN's Belief Blog, saying, "I have interviewed persons who have talked specifically with Glenn about his personal salvation - persons extremely well known in Christianity - and they have affirmed (using language evangelicals understand), 'Glenn is saved...' He understands receiving Christ as Savior."

Hallelujah! The light bulb has been switched on after nearly two centuries! Every single member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints believes that a person must be "born again" and receive Jesus Christ as his Savior and Redeemer. Our holy books teach that salvation comes only in and through the atonement of Christ and that there is no other way a person can be saved�Glenn Beck's beliefs are mainstream Mormon beliefs. Joseph Smith, the Church's founder, was a Christian prophet. He was an apostolic witness of the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
http://www.examiner.com/lds-church-in-national/glenn-beck-and-the-restoring-honor-rally

Notice that West admits that what Beck has said on his broadcasts about his faith has "disoriented and confused" people who thought that Mormonism was not consistent with Christianity. However, Beck has now convinced them that Mormonism and Christianity are compatible with the help of America's Christian leaders. ���

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement