Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Is Killing ever justified pt. II

Author Topic: Is Killing ever justified pt. II
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had three teeth pulled yesterday, so just watched it today.
Some heroes carry guns and some medical bags. Both heroes are needed. I don't have a problem with a person choosing to serve as a medic. I have a problem with cowards who flee the Country rather then serve.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
did either of you watch the video?

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right on Betty. Pray and obey. If God says stay still, we stay still. And if God says fight, we fight.
Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Defending your Country and your family is not murder. God used the great soldiers in WWII to defeat Germany. Many times God used men of Valor in the Old Testament to fight against the enemies of God's people. Great leaders pray for God to guide them in war. David did it many times and God gave David great victories in battle.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix0EPH3jPxk&feature=related

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 16 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

When World War I hero Alvin York agreed to sell the movie rights to his life story to Warner Bros., it was on three conditions: (1) That the film contains no phony heroics, (2) that Mrs.York not be played by a Hollywood "glamour girl" and (3) That Gary Cooper portray York on screen.

All three conditions were met, and the result is one of the finest and most inspirational biographies ever committed to celluloid. When the audience first meets young farmer Alvin York (Cooper), he's the cussin'est, hell-raisin'est critter in the entire Tennessee Valley. All of this changes when York is struck by lighting during a late-night rainstorm. Chalking up the bolt from the blue as a message from God, York does a complete about-face and finds Religion, much to the delight of local preacher Rosier Pile (Walter Brennan). Despite plenty of provocation, York vows never to get angry at anyone ever again, determining to be a good husband and provider for his sweetheart Gracie Williams (Joan Leslie).

When America goes to war in 1917, York elects not to answer the call when drafted, declaring himself a conscientious objector. Forced to go to boot camp, he proves himself a born leader, yet still he balks at the thought of killing anyone. York's understanding commanding officer Major Buxton (Stanley Ridges) slowly convinces the young pacifist that violence is sometimes the only way to defend Democracy.

Later on, while serving with the AEF in the Argonne Forest, Sergeant York sees several of his buddies, including his Bronxite best pal Pusher Ross (George Tobias), killed in an enemy ambush. His anger aroused, York personally kills 25 German soldiers, then single-handedly captures 132 prisoners. As a result, York becomes the most decorated hero of WW1, celebrated by no less than General John J. Pershing as "the greatest civilian soldier" of the war. The film won Gary Cooper his first Academy Award, and also picked up an Oscar for Best Film Editing. Not surprisingly, it ended up as the highest-grossing film of 1941. - Hal Erickson, All Movie Guide

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carol I do understand your point...

but what if the Church truly got on its face before Yahweh...

what if we let let Yahweh fight our battles....

I do love you as a sister in the Lord and as a fellow human....I respect your position but I think Yahshua desires us all to have greater mercy on those yet unsaved ....

as for me I can not see my Lord taking the life of anyone in this period of Grace we now live...

but there is a time in the very near future where vengeance will be His to extract....

--------------------

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
becauseHElives

We can't just sit back and let serial killers, rapists, pedophiles, and terrorists have their way. What if no one had resisted Hitler?

Our military and police serve to protect the innocent against some very bad people. It would be nice if they could be stopped peacefully, but they don't always let that happen.

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Old Testament is replete with images of God as the Divine Warrior who defends his people and destroys his enemies (e.g. Ps. 3, 7, 35, 68). In view of the fact that Christ came as the fulfillment of all the Old Testament prophecies (Mt. 5:17), it is perhaps curious that since the time of the early church, there has been a committed pacifistic segment within Christianity. Why has this occurred?

The Scriptures indicated that Christ came to eradicate sin, and negate the effects of the curse. Since the wages of sin is death (Rom. 6:23), it stands to reason that this Prince of Peace (Is. 9:6) would destroy death itself (Rev. 21:4), and the instruments that represent it, i.e. weaponry (Is. 9:5). Bound up with his advent is the hope that people would “beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks” (Mic. 4:3).

No Christian can gainsay this much. It is clearly what the Scriptures teach. But the question must be asked whether these descriptions are properly to be identified with, and effective at his advent (first coming) or his parousia (second coming).

Put another way, may the Christian ever lawfully engage in combat of any kind, or does the Bible prescribe pacifism for the followers of Christ? A plain reading of the Scriptures indicates that the Bible does not support pacifism. Of central importance to this issue is Luke 22:35-38:

Then Jesus asked [his disciples], “When I sent you without purse, bag or sandals, did you lack anything?” “Nothing,” they answered. He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. It is written: ‘And he was numbered with the transgressors’; and I tell you that this must be fulfilled in me. Yes, what is written about me is reaching its fulfillment.” The disciples said, “See, Lord, here are two swords.” “That is enough,” he replied. (NIV)

“If you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.” The words are disturbing to many Christians. If Jesus is “The Prince of Peace;” if it is because of him that nations would “beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks;” then why would Jesus tell his disciples to obtain swords, even at the cost of necessary clothing?

Many modern commentators maintain that Jesus was speaking figuratively. This is a legitimate thesis, but evidence for it is lacking. A thesis must be successfully argued; it cannot simply be stated. The person claiming this as a figure of speech must explain what figure is being used, and what the sword stands for.

It is very difficult in the context to maintain that this is figurative, though. Walter Liefeld, who is against taking what Jesus says at face value, struggles with this portion of Scripture: “This short passage is difficult. It is common to solve the difficulties by taking Jesus’ words as ironical, but if that were so, [his later words] ‘that is enough’ would be hard to understand. One would have expected a correction of the disciples’ misunderstanding of it.”[1]

Liefeld is right. It was Jesus’ pattern to correct the misunderstanding of the Twelve. We see an example of this in Matthew 16:5-12, in which Jesus warns them to be on “guard against the yeast of the Pharisees and Sadducees.” In response to this, the disciples begin to discuss literal bread, to which Jesus replies “How is it you don’t understand that I was not talking to you about bread? But be on your guard against the yeast of the Pharisees and Sadducees.” If Jesus was speaking figuratively when he prescribed the sword, we would have expected the same kind of correction.

Older commentators did not have so much difficulty with the evident meaning of the text. Matthew Henry, whose commentary was first published in 1706, states plainly, “The swords were to protect themselves from assassins and robbers.”[2] Any plain reading of the text leads to this conclusion.

Jesus prescribed the sword here because he was preparing his disciples for his departure. During his earthly ministry, the disciples were protected by an extraordinary providence. This, however, was about to change.

In the “High Priestly Prayer,” Jesus prayed, “While I was with them I protected them and kept them safe by the Name you gave me” (John 17:12; italics added). There are numerous instances of the protection of this extraordinary providence in the Gospels. In Luke 8:22-25, for example, we read the account of Jesus and his disciples being in a boat when a squall came upon them. The text explicitly tells us, “they were in great danger” (8:23). And yet, Jesus rebukes them for exhibiting “little faith.”

The reason for his rebuke is that Jesus was not going to die by drowning. Nor was he was going to die at the hands of robbers. He was going to die on the cross. And so, as long as he was with them, no harm could possibly come to them. But now he was going away, and with him the protection of an extraordinary providence. The disciples must now rely on the ordinary means of God’s protection. And so he says, “But now . . . if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.”

What too many Christians overlook in their consideration of this passage is the implicit directive that Jesus here gives his disciples to love one another. Francis Schaeffer, the great twentieth century Christian philosopher wrote,

“I am to love my neighbor as myself, in the manner needed, in the midst of the fallen world, at my particular point in history. This is why I am not a pacifist. Pacifism in this poor world in which we live – this lost world – means that we desert the people who need our greatest help . . . I come upon a big burly man beating a tiny tot to death . . . I plead with him to stop. Suppose he refuses? What does love mean now? Love means that I stop him in any way that I can, including hitting him. To me, this is not only necessary for humanitarian reasons; it is loyalty to Christ’s commands concerning Christian love in a fallen world. What about the little girl? If I desert her to the bully, I have deserted the true meaning of Christian love – responsibility to my neighbor.[3]

Nor is this perspective limited to Reformed Christianity. Norman Giesler, who does not stand within the Reformed tradition, states, “Any man who refuses to protect his wife and children against a violent intruder fails them morally.”[4]

What is perhaps confusing to people is that Jesus, having just prescribed the sword to his disciples, prohibits the use of that sword in Luke 22:49-51. Why would Jesus, having just told them to obtain swords, now forbid their use?

The vitally important point made here is that Christ’s Kingdom is something that cannot be promulgated or enforced by the sword. His Kingdom is not of this world (Jn. 18:36). The weapons used to advance his Kingdom must not be the weapons of the world (2 Cor. 10:4-5). The Kingdom that Jesus was establishing would be advanced through the weakness of the cross, not by the wielding of the sword. Thus, the weapons of the world must never be taken up by Christians to advance the cause of the Christ. The sword must be used for defensive purposes only. Jesus explicitly proscribed the sword as a way of advancing his Kingdom.

The Kingdom that Jesus established will one day dominate and do away with all others (Dan. 2:31-45, 1 Cor. 15:24-25). Because the Prince of Peace has come, the day will eventually come when we will beat our swords into plowshares and our spears into pruning hooks. But that day is not now. “Now,” the Master says, “If you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.”

http://www.aplacefortruth.org/Jesus.sword.hammond

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I came to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man’s enemies will be the members of his household. He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it." (Matthew 10:34-39 NASB)
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
23And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

24For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.

--------------------

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Luke 22:36
And He said to them, "But now, whoever has a money belt is to take it along, likewise also a bag, and whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one."

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

16Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

17But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues;

18And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles.

19But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.

20For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

21And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.

22And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

23But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.

24The disciple is not above his master, nor the servant above his lord.

--------------------

Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is killing wrong? The question that should be asked is, " Is shedding inocent blood wrong? Answer is Proverbs 6

(Pro 6:16) These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:

(Pro 6:17) A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,

(Pro 6:18) An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,

(Pro 6:19) A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

(Pro 6:20) My son, keep thy father's commandment, and forsake not the law of thy mother:

(Pro 6:21) Bind them continually upon thine heart, and tie them about thy neck.

(Pro 6:22) When thou goest, it shall lead thee; when thou sleepest, it shall keep thee; and when thou awakest, it shall talk with thee.

(Pro 6:23) For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life:

(Pro 6:24) To keep thee from the evil woman, from the flattery of the tongue of a strange woman.

(Pro 6:25) Lust not after her beauty in thine heart; neither let her take thee with her eyelids.

(Pro 6:26) For by means of a whorish woman a man is brought to a piece of bread: and the adulteress will hunt for the precious life.

(Pro 6:27) Can a man take fire in his bosom, and his clothes not be burned?

(Pro 6:28) Can one go upon hot coals, and his feet not be burned?

(Pro 6:29) So he that goeth in to his neighbour's wife; whosoever toucheth her shall not be innocent.

(Pro 6:30) Men do not despise a thief, if he steal to satisfy his soul when he is hungry;

(Pro 6:31) But if he be found, he shall restore sevenfold; he shall give all the substance of his house.

(Pro 6:32) But whoso committeth adultery with a woman lacketh understanding: he that doeth it destroyeth his own soul.

(Pro 6:33) A wound and dishonour shall he get; and his reproach shall not be wiped away.

(Pro 6:34) For jealousy is the rage of a man: therefore he will not spare in the day of vengeance.

(Pro 6:35) He will not regard any ransom; neither will he rest content, though thou givest many gifts.

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Bible is quite clear that God has killed people directly (the most prominent example being the flood) and indirectly (ordered peoples to be killed). And when Christ returns he will destroy his enemies. So it is not morally wrong.

Many people have misunderstood the Bible on the subject of killing primarily because of an incorrect translation in the old King James version of the Bible. The sixth commandment, in Exodus 20:13, does not actually say, "Thou shalt not kill" as translated in the old King James. A more accurate translation is provided in many of the newer versions, such as the NIV, which says, "You shall not murder." The Bible forbids the act of murder, which means the unjustified taking of a person's life (including suicide, abortion, and euthanasia), but it doesn't forbid all killing. In fact, it is sometimes very adamant that killing is the right thing to do, but it must be justified in God's eyes. The Bible allows for three situations where killing is justified:

Killing in warfare

The Bible offers many examples where God commands His people to kill their enemy aggressors in warfare. In Genesis 10 through 12 (specifically 10:5 and 11:9), God created the institution of nations, and determined that people would be divided according to national entities. God condemned aggression from one nation against another, and he sanctioned warfare as a means of protection from aggressors. The Old Testament is filled with commands from God to Moses, Joshua, David, and many others, to kill their enemy aggressors. Deuteronomy 20:1 says, "When you go to war against your enemies and see horses and chariots and an army greater than yours, do not be afraid of them, because the LORD your God, who brought you up out of Egypt, will be with you."

Sometimes God even commanded the unmerciful annihilation of evil nations. Deuteronomy 2:33-34 says, "The LORD our God delivered him over to us and we struck him down, together with his sons and his whole army. At that time we took all his towns and completely destroyed them--men, women and children. We left no survivors."

Self-defense

By the same principles as for killing in warfare, we know that God wants us to defend ourselves, and if an aggressor is too threatening and persistent, especially if we are in fear for our lives, then we are justified in killing the aggressor. This is actually what is happening in warfare, when a nation becomes an aggressor and sends its troops to take over another nation, and the troops killing that nation's innocent citizens. This is what Saddam Hussein did in Kuwait in 1990. This principle can be extended to apply to individuals as well as nations. If a criminal threatens someone's life with a gun, then we are justified in killing that criminal on the basis of self-defense, and our courts definitely respect this argument as well. This is also why policemen are justified in killing criminals when the criminal has put someone else's life in danger, and he will not submit to arrest.

Capital punishment

Genesis 9:5-6 says, "And for your lifeblood I will surely demand an accounting. I will demand an accounting from every animal. And from each man, too, I will demand an accounting for the life of his fellow man. Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed; for in the image of God has God made man." This passage tells us that God commands that murderers should be executed.

Again in this case, killing is not only justified, but commanded by God. This passage can also be applied to the situations of warfare and self-defense as well.

Owen Weber 2009

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 15 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Is Killing ever justified for a Christian"

no

Luke 6:27-36

[27] "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, [28] bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. [29] If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. [30] Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. [31] Do to others as you would have them do to you.

[32] "If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' love those who love them. [33] And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' do that. [34] And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' lend to 'sinners,' expecting to be repaid in full. [35] But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. [36] Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

--------------------

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Also translated "You shall not murder." (Exodus 20:13 NASB)

Killing is not forbidden; murder is.

The sixth commandment requires that we honor human life and not commit murder. God is the giver of life and only He has the right to take it. Because we’re made in God’s image, murder is an attack against God (Gen. 1:26-27; 9:6). The Bible doesn’t forbid self-defense (Ex. 22:2), but only the state has the right to take human life in cases of capital offense (Rom. 13). Jesus warned that murder often begins with anger (Matt. 5:21-26), and that while murder is far worse, anger is the moral equivalent of murder. It’s worth noting that the Law was given to Israel to restrain people and punish them for their crimes, and not to reform them. While the Law can’t change the human heart (Heb. 7:19), it can restrain and punish those who defy its authority and refuse to obey its precepts.

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Is Killing ever justified"

Yes.

Next Q

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brother Paul
Advanced Member
Member # 7959

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brother Paul   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now to demonstrate a sense of justifiable killing that is not murder, that is not necessarily morally wrong, such as the basis for the so-called “Just War” concept, or God’s command for certain people to go wipe out a family line, or an entire city, or even when considering the right to protect one’s children from victimization at the hands of some maniac, I will use an analogy that arises from within the survival instinct of our own bodies. The principle I am about to reveal is basic to all living creatures and well grounded in established biological truth.

In the human body, each cell is an individual life form. They each likewise function as part of a specific local community. Different cells, and groups of cells, display differences in structure, appearance, life-span, function, etc., just like different humans and groups of humans! Each cell in relation to the other cells, and as a member of their particular cellular community, knowingly or unknowingly works as an intricate part of a whole which is greater than the sum of its’ parts. The human host of which it is but a tiny almost insignificant part, is as the Lord is, in relation to the members of His body. The individual cell’s purpose, like our own, is to work to maintain and protect its’ self life, as well as the goals of its’ community life. One of the ways they assure the survival of their type is through self-replication or offspring. Their higher purpose is actually to achieve our will and our good purpose though they are most probably totally unaware, or only vaguely, that we, their human host even exists. They understand little if anything about us, and our ways are higher than their ways, our thoughts are higher than their thoughts, if indeed it can be said that they even have any. They go about more or less doing the right thing in relation to one another unaware of the part they are playing in working within our overall purpose and will. Beyond their circumstantial perceptions they are working and interacting to optimize our quality of life and helping to fulfill our long term plans.

Now then, each individual cell is created in our image. They contain the image of their host within each of them (called DNA). They probably can sense an order and function interactively to enhance their mutually dependable existence. The span of their existence may be miniscule in relation to their human host, but to them it is a lifetime.

Sad as this truth is, every once in a while, a cell or some group of cells, decides they are going to do their own thing. They’re going to be their own lord if you will. They seemingly become self-willed and rebellious toward the established order. They begin to gain new converts so to speak, in great numbers, and nothing is going to stop them from their plan to take over. This actual biological phenomena is what we call “Cancer”!

These terrorist or barbaric cells literally go into attack mode and start sapping the life out of the surrounding cells, killing as many as necessary in pursuit of their self-willed agenda. At first the effect of their violence upon their community of cells is slight and almost unnoticeable, causing some alarm, discomfort, and intermittent disturbance here and there. Regulatory norms are enforced by the greater community, and often these violent murderous outbreaks are remedied without bringing much attention or alarm to the neighboring cellular communities. However, on occasion these cells reject these corrective measures and rebel even further extending there influence outward, and begin to influence their surroundings in such a way that the immune system is alerted, and the local community has to call in specialists to eliminate these criminal cells in an attempt to protect the near by individuals, and the society at large. These are usually in the form of “anti-bodies” and white blood cells, that specialize in response to the types of violent rebellion these particular cellular individuals impose. Why try to eliminate them? Because of the inevitable threat they cause to individuals and to the greater society. The literally bring a sort of chaos into the order of things destroying the work being done there. If left on their own without being stopped they will continue to maliciously destroy and entirely take over. The forces alerted to remedy the problem will stop at nothing to prevent more senseless murder and mayhem and if necessary will even kill them. They even try surrounding them and trapping them as a first attempt by encapsulating them in a membrane or prison if you will.

If they get too powerful, or for some non-sensible reason are released, or break out of their captivity, or get away with their self-lordship too long, the cell’s lord, the human host, begins to take notice and likewise goes on alert. It likewise then takes any steps necessary to overcome or even kill the Cancer before it gets too powerful. It will irradiate, cut out, laser roast, or even chop off a limb in order to preserve the greater good and sometimes the life of the whole. Often times a number of good healthy citizen cells are called on to make the sacrifice of self for the greater good. Sometimes just the act of chasing down these devils and getting at them requires the sacrifice of good, innocent, healthy, cellular individuals. As tragic as this may seem it is the necessary price that must be paid to protect and save the most lives in the community.

So it is with God! Occasionally, God sees the development of a human cancer growing stronger and stronger. The appropriate members of the human community at large are being intimidated, persuaded, abused, and even eliminated. Sometimes He sees that resistance attempts have been, or will continue to be futile, and so He must step in and take action to save the many, to work the greater overall good, even though we may not fully comprehend the extent of this benefit at the time. When we have to go in and wipe out a cancer are we not grieved? There just are times when certain individuals or groups are determined to work their will against the wellbeing of others, or against the will and best interests of their Lord, and so He has to step in and fix the problem by getting rid of these human cancers, and by this He repairs the damage. Again, sometimes seemingly innocent individuals or perhaps many, may lose their lives as well. Sometimes this is necessary to maximize the optimal benefit to the many. Jesus understood this principle and so He willfully laid down His own “bios” life. Mahatma Ghandi understood this. Martin Luther King Jr. also understood this.

Thus, God is not a “murderer” because He calls for death or allows it. He is a Savior and Deliverer. He knows the end from the beginning and we do not. He knows that which would come of a people and the vile and evil atrocities that His action now avoids. We do not. Besides, how dare anybody judge the living God. Again He is the creator and giver of this life (bios) and only He has the ultimate right to take it if it so pleases Him to do so. But again God is merciful and compassionate, blessed be His Name, but He is also just.

Now on occasions, if it is God’s prerogative to do so, He may call upon certain persons or groups to assist in this process of thwarting evil. Those persons or forces called to help God in this endeavor are likewise not murderers either, because they are also saving the multitudes in the future human community. Some of them are at great risk to their own lives when helping to accomplish this greater good. They are willing to lay down their life for friends and even non-friends. In many cases they are willfully risking their own reputations and lives so that the rest of us may live free from treachery, harm, and abuse. Such is also the case when a loving caring parent protecting their children or spouse from some violent attack harms the assailant, even if it means one of them dies in the process. People have a legal right, and a God given instinct, to protect themselves and their offspring, and should never be subject to trials or threatened with jail even if this results in the assailants death. When we hear of this on our streets, or in our countries, or in the world, we should be grateful, and honor these people as heroes, and rejoice for them, encouraging them, and be thankful to God for them. You have no idea just how pain, suffering, torment, death, and destruction, has been averted by these selfless acts on the part of some for the sake of others. Stop giving in to the warped rationalized false sense of distorted morality of the so-called politically correct. A famous man who’s name slips my mind at the moment once said, “For evil to continue to exist it only takes for good people to do nothing”!

Finally, in a more direct fashion, let me just say that our omniscient God knows the end from the beginning. Not only were these people an abomination to all He willed for man, but they had usurped God’s land from the true children of Abraham to whom He had given it. They were violent, perverse, irreverent, and more. But more importantly, God could foresee the future of these people and knew they would not cease from this activity. He knew they would cause much more harm to the human community, and it could possibly bring mankind back to the place of the human heart just before He judged the whole world in the flood.

You know folks, as people who claim to believe in God, we have to stop seeing Him through the eyes of the world. Remember when God said some of the religious and political leaders had rendered the word of God of no effect by their traditions? Do not follow after philosophies of vain deceit any longer. If YHVH is God then serve Him. If Baal is God then serve Him, but choose you this day who you will trust in, rely on, and cleave to. In the famous words of Joshua, “As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD” (YHVH)!

Brother Paul

Posts: 235 | From: Cambridge, MA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement