Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » praise the LORD, we had 107 guests today

Author Topic: praise the LORD, we had 107 guests today
Mizpa
Community Member
Member # 7253

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Mizpa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Caretaker:
quote:
Originally posted by Eden:
WildB wrote to Eden
quote:
Your not a teacher! If so where are your credentials?
I'm as much of a Christian teacher as anyone else here on this bbs. And I am also a Christian student, learning new things from the other Christian teachers and students on this bbs:

Hebrews 5:12
For when by now you ought to be teachers, you have need that one teaches you again which are the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

In an online echurch, anyone who wants to say something about Christianity can do so, as long as it is said with as much love as possible and as long as it has to do something with the Bible.

I have been a Christian long enough that I can now talk about the Bible to some extent to people who possibly know less about the Bible than I do.

Also, we all continue to learn from each other, as the Holy Spirit has revealed certain matters to each of us in special ways, and just I have learned from your Cornelius Stam Topics that you have posted here.

And I like a lot of what the Chinese Christian pastor Watchman Nee has taught; he has read the Bible through some 30 times or more, which is a lot more than most Christians have done (I've maybe read it through 10 times, some parts more than others?), and he was imprisoned in China for his faith and had ample time to meditate on what he read in the Bible.

1 Thessalonians 4:11
And that you study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you.

2 Timothy 2:15
Study to show yourself approved to God, a workman who needs not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Romans 15:1
So then we who are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves.

So be blessed in Jesus, WildB.

love, Eden

It matters not how many times one reads through the Bible, but whether the Holy Spirit illuminates His eternal Truth within the heart and mind of the reader.

What do they call a "teacher" who brings error or who seeks to deceive?

You have a free-wheeling cavalier attitude for God's Word, BA/Eden/DOB.

When you post error, and are corrected from the Word, you neither repent nor apologize, nor even recognize your error in a post. You choose to ignore it entirely and go merrily on to another thread.

Same scenario when you were such a staunch defender of the heresy of your Jehovah's Witness "Brethren" over eight years ago, and there is still some of that same flavor lingering.

A teacher who brings error and deception is a false teacher.

Your statements are most true and very correct.

It makes one wonder why this great Sister/brother/teacher has not deleted this post? LOL naw We all know why.

Keep on keeping on. Some still read but no better than to take the bait.

Your Bro in the Lord,

Mizpa.

Posts: 16 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well said Caretaker
Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
WildB wrote to Eden
quote:
I'm as much of a Christian teacher as anyone else here on this bbs. And I am also a Christian student, learning new things from the other Christian teachers and students on this bbs:

For when by now you ought to be teachers, you have need that one teaches you again which are the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

In an online echurch, anyone who wants to say something about Christianity can do so, as long as it is said with as much love as possible and as long as it has to do something with the Bible.

I have been a Christian long enough that I can now talk about the Bible to some extent to people who possibly know less about the Bible than I do.

Also, we all continue to learn from each other, as the Holy Spirit has revealed certain matters to each of us in special ways, and just I have learned from your Cornelius Stam Topics that you have posted here.

And I like a lot of what the Chinese Christian pastor Watchman Nee has taught; he has read the Bible through some 30 times or more, which is a lot more than most Christians have done (I've maybe read it through 10 times, some parts more than others?), and he was imprisoned in China for his faith and had ample time to meditate on what he read in the Bible.

And that you study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you.

Study to show yourself approved to God, a workman who needs not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

So then we who are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves.

love, Eden

It matters not how many times one reads through the Bible, but whether the Holy Spirit illuminates His eternal Truth within the heart and mind of the reader.

What do they call a "teacher" who brings error or who seeks to deceive?

You have a free-wheeling cavalier attitude for God's Word, BA/Eden/DOB.

When you post error, and are corrected from the Word, you neither repent nor apologize, nor even recognize your error in a post. You choose to ignore it entirely and go merrily on to another thread.

Same scenario when you were such a staunch defender of the heresy of your Jehovah's Witness "Brethren" over eight years ago, and there is still some of that same flavor lingering.

A teacher who brings error and deception is a false teacher.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some peoples kids are so prideful to spite themselves.

If you are so strong why have you not deleted this post all together?

To what true value has it been in teaching and forwarding Grace to the reader?

Your not worth my response anymore.

Good day.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WildB wrote to Eden
quote:

love, Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 6 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Carol Swenson wrote
quote:
I think Eden is deceitful and manipulating, and he provokes people to anger.
I understand that not everybody is going to like my style of teaching and talking;

love, Eden

That China man Nee that you and Harrison were trying to push is weed seed.

and David you have been more than fare to me over the years. If you remember you were going to ban me once befor when I was confronting the Harrison about the Bible being a filter.

Wildb Loves David....

but don't like weed seeders

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Carol Swenson wrote
quote:
I think Eden is deceitful and manipulating, and he provokes people to anger.
I have consistently remained very polite and considerate in my answers, eventhough some here have said some very unkind and unchristian and untrue things about me; you especially have said some very unkind things to and about me, Carol Swenson.

But still, it is nicer here than on secular blogs; it's unbelievable how nonchristian people talk to each other. So eventhough it is not perfect here ("let him who is without sin cast the first stone"), it is a lot better here than on the secular blogs.

I understand that not everybody is going to like my style of teaching and talking; I have my favorite bbs members and my not-so favorite bbs members. But overall, I have been very kind and patient about some of the very unchristian things that have, and are still, being said about me.

We then who are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves.

love, Eden

Mizpa
Community Member
Member # 7253

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Mizpa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
God is pleased that our little online church is increasing in numbers.

love, Eden

You and Mike Harrison chased many away. Wheres Kingo? She was #2 here and is greatly missed.

You can fool David but you don't fool us closet readers.

Posts: 16 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mizpa
Community Member
Member # 7253

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Mizpa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WildB:
Need I remind you two what happened when David numbered Israel?

2Sam.24

[10] And David's heart smote him after that he had numbered the people. And David said unto the LORD, I have sinned greatly in that I have done: and now, I beseech thee, O LORD, take away the iniquity of thy servant; for I have done very foolishly.

My suggestion would be for you 2 head counters to take this to PM and stop your sillyness.

You greatly distress me.

I have been reading in the back ground and think your right on with this one.

Be blessed my friend and continue to stand your ground.

A closet reader.

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WildB:
quote:

love, Eden

Your a idiot.
Looks like I am going to have to ban you for being so rude. Keep it up and I will.

David

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shall we still praise the Lord when the number is less than 100? Less than 50? Less than 10? Yes!

Psalm 103
Praise the LORD, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits- who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.

The LORD works righteousness and justice for all the oppressed. He made known his ways to Moses, his deeds to the people of Israel: The LORD is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love. He will not always accuse, nor will he harbor his anger forever; he does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities.

For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him; as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us. As a father has compassion on his children, so the LORD has compassion on those who fear him; for he knows how we are formed, he remembers that we are dust.

As for man, his days are like grass, he flourishes like a flower of the field; the wind blows over it and it is gone, and its place remembers it no more. But from everlasting to everlasting the LORD’s love is with those who fear him, and his righteousness with their children’s children- with those who keep his covenant and remember to obey his precepts.

The LORD has established his throne in heaven, and his kingdom rules over all. Praise the LORD, you his angels, you mighty ones who do his bidding, who obey his word. Praise the LORD, all his heavenly hosts, you his servants who do his will. Praise the LORD, all his works everywhere in his dominion. Praise the LORD, O my soul.

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

love, Eden

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Catholicism - 1.2 billion

Protestantism - 670 million

God is not in the numbers.

Eden
unregistered

Carol Swenson wrote
quote:
God is not in the numbers
Luke 15:10
Likewise I say to you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over ONE sinner who repents.

love, Eden

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God is not in the numbers
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 9 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Need I remind you two what happened when David numbered Israel?

2Sam.24

[10] And David's heart smote him after that he had numbered the people. And David said unto the LORD, I have sinned greatly in that I have done: and now, I beseech thee, O LORD, take away the iniquity of thy servant; for I have done very foolishly.

My suggestion would be for you 2 head counters to take this to PM and stop your sillyness.

You greatly distress me.

--------------------
That is all.....

Eden
unregistered

Praise the LORD we had 110 visitors today.

love, Eden

Eden
unregistered

Praise the LORD, we had 104 guests today ...

Eden

Eden
unregistered

Praise the LORD, today we had 102 guests ...

love, Eden

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
very observant Eden [thumbsup2]

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

wow, I saw we had 107 guests this time, that's wonderful.

Eden

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement