Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Going To Sunday's Rebellion ?

Author Topic: Going To Sunday's Rebellion ?
John Hale
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TB125:
John,
You answer my question with this statement
quote:
by consulting the Bible,
but that leaves the pastor or worship leader with questions like these:
What is the acceptable role for women in the service?
Who prepares and serves the Lord's supper when it is observed?
Who gets paid and who serves as volunteers?
What kind of meat can be served at the community meals?
There is not a simple solution to this issue.

Same answer.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TB125
Advanced Member
Member # 2450

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TB125   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John,
You answer my question with this statement
quote:
by consulting the Bible,
but that leaves the pastor or worship leader with questions like these:
What is the acceptable role for women in the service?
Who prepares and serves the Lord's supper when it is observed?
Who gets paid and who serves as volunteers?
What kind of meat can be served at the community meals?
There is not a simple solution to this issue.

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 449 | From: Rockford Illinois | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Hale
unregistered

To begin with... by consulting the Bible versus the crowd pleasers.

The early church gathered in homes and synagogues until they were run out of the place. You propose filling the Rome Coliseum... which is what it has become under the "scratching itching ears so they'll come" churches of today.

Mega this supersize that country club mentality when in fact the church Jesus built was a spiritual hospital with cure as a goal and sending out into the world and a spiritual university (k-fellow) with graduation as the goal and once again going out into the world as the priesthood of the believers not the us and them mentality of clergy and laity in a country club setting where all the duty / responsibility is passed on to the "professional" Christians...

TB125
Advanced Member
Member # 2450

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TB125   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Friends,
I would note that there are a lot of books being published today regarding this matter of Christian worship and how it should be conducted. As a retired pastor, I would note that it is not very easy to plan and to conduct a service of worship for a gathering of people, whether it is 20 or 2,000.

Here are some basic questions that you would need to answer in order to do this:
In what kind of facility are you going to gather?
What is the worship area going to look like?
What technical equipment will it have for sound, visuals, and music?
How will the furniture be arranged?
Who will be permitted to speak during the service?
What kind of music will be included in the service?
Who will provide this music?
What order will be followed in using the various elements of worship, such as singing, praying, and speaking?
How are you going to conduct the various traditional rituals of Christian worship, including the Lord's supper and baptism?
How are you going to regard and use some of the other basic traditions of Christian worship and church organization, including those associated with deacons and other church officers?
What are you going to do with children during the worship service?
How are you going to finance all of the costs involved in such gatherings of people?

There is a reformation of thinking going on among Christians regarding this matter. Various perspective have been described and demonstrated by many well-known pastors and leaders. These include D.L. Moody, Robert Schuller, Bill Hybels, Rick Warren, Joel Osteen, Frank Viola, the Pope, Watchman Nee, and various denominational pastor/leaders. So many pastors and church leaders are still trying to figure out how to worship God, the Father "in spirit and truth" (John 4:23).

This can be a good discussion, but it won't be very easy to come to any unanimous conclusions regarding this matter.

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 449 | From: Rockford Illinois | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Hale
unregistered

These reformers are the cause of the schisms in the Protestant Movement and where the cults came from (both in recent centuries and in the early church which were generally condemned as heretics).

We must go about it Gods way not as lone wolves in sheeps clothing... nor as "this is my take on what should be done" but what the Lord has placed in the Bible.

Otherwise we would be doing no better than the other reformers and perhaps even worse.

John Hale
unregistered

The PROBLEM... is that most (if not all) would be reformers seek only to build their version of the Church (how they would do it if they were God). This is the very definition of humanism.

And again... humans are satanically deceived, satanically led, oblivious that their self will is under the authority of the enemy of God.

Matthew 16:23 (NIV)
23 Jesus turned and said to Peter, “Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men.”

Jesus turned and said to Peter,

Get behind me, Satan!

To Peter!

Because:

You are a stumbling block to me;

you do not have in mind the things of God,

but the things of men.

Don't miss this point and don't forget we all have this same sin nature to master, discipline, control, and contend with all the says of our lives until we die or are perfected when the Lord of Glory comes for his Bride.

John Hale
unregistered

In the video I see discovery and awareness in the subject (Bianca) of the Church organism versus the church organization.

This is what I have been mentioning here and for years on other message boards. That the church organization is humanized (read that satanic in accord with Matthew 16:23). This is the result of what the late Dr. J. Vernon McGee called the day "the devil joined the Church" (in the person of Emperor Constantine in the 4th Century CE).

This is from whence the vigor to remove everything Jewish from the faith came. In the name of putting down legalism, the legalism was thrown out but along with it everything else God placed into Judaism to point to Jesus... and in place of these pagan rituals and practices.

I am not saying {none} of the doctrines are correct... in fact the core doctrines are correct. A counterfeit must have some semblance of truth / fact / reality or it will fool no one.

Try paying a bill with Monopoly money if you doubt it.
 -

And there have been millions and millions and millions of people saved DESPITE this infiltration into Christianity (the same way there was in Judaism and it's infiltration which is what Matthew 13 refers to as the Lord's State of the Union address of that day).

But like the earth ship ark in the old sci fi series Starlost... this ship is way off course and on collision course with doom if we don't right the thing!

The Starlost off course headed for collision with a sun

barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://churchwebs.tv/video/198/Jesus+or+the+Highway

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
David i would like to see the other two parts to this video by Bianca..Do you have links toit?

Thanks
Barry

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
practicalbibleteaching
Advanced Member
Member # 7755

Icon 15 posted      Profile for practicalbibleteaching     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Living in the South, in the so-called Bible belt, I can find a church just about anywhere. In fact the county I live in has well over 120 local churches and only about 40,000 people.

I think having fellowship with others who truly love God is important, but I also believe we must be willing to go where God wants us. When we go to God's house we must be more willing to give than to receive. Give glory, honor, and praise to God. Give strength, comfort, and encouragement to others.

It is the giving of ourselves to God and then others that will truly bring us fulfillment as a child of God. We must consider that God may want us in a specific place to do His work and it may not be a place where everyone gives us what we think we must have. "A man that hath friends must show himself friendly".

I do not mean any of this to be in opposition to the post or video, I just mean to add to it. Thanks!

--------------------
The Church of Jesus Christ is perfect for those who are not!

Posts: 53 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1 Samuel 15

20 "But I did obey the LORD," Saul said. "I went on the mission the LORD assigned me. I completely destroyed the Amalekites and brought back Agag their king. 21 The soldiers took sheep and cattle from the plunder, the best of what was devoted to God, in order to sacrifice them to the LORD your God at Gilgal."

22 But Samuel replied:
"Does the LORD delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices
as much as in obeying the voice of the LORD ?
To obey is better than sacrifice,
and to heed is better than the fat of rams.

23 For rebellion is like the sin of divination,
and arrogance like the evil of idolatry.
Because you have rejected the word of the LORD,
he has rejected you as king."

24 Then Saul said to Samuel, "I have sinned. I violated the LORD's command and your instructions. I was afraid of the people and so I gave in to them. 25 Now I beg you, forgive my sin and come back with me, so that I may worship the LORD."

26 But Samuel said to him, "I will not go back with you. You have rejected the word of the LORD, and the LORD has rejected you as king over Israel!"

Click here to watch the video Going to Sunday's Rebellion

I think Bianca has something here. It is so sad how the Institutional Church, Organized Religion has captured so many people who may never come to know Jesus Christ and be saved.

David

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement