Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » "A faith tto weak too change your life is a faith too weak to save your soul."

Author Topic: "A faith tto weak too change your life is a faith too weak to save your soul."
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Beatitudes (Matt. 5:3–12) reveal the character of true faith as well as any passage of Scripture I know. These traits—poverty of spirit, hunger and thirst for righteousness, purity of heart, and so on—are not just an unobtainable legal standard. These are characteristics common to all who believe. The first of the Beatitudes leaves no doubt about whom the Lord is speaking: “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven” (Matt. 5:3, emphasis added). He is describing redeemed people, those who have believed, those who are part of the kingdom.

That is Jesus’ description of the genuine believer. Each of the characteristics he names—starting with humility and reaching fruition in obedience—is a consequence of true faith. And note that the obedience of faith is more than external; it issues from the heart.

(John MacArthur The Gospel According To Jesus: Faith As Jesus Presented It)

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree that salvation is secure in God, but some people think because they shook the hand of the Pastor as a child they are saved, even though they live for the devil. Feeling guilty about sin is not true repentance. Salvation brings change in your life, no change and there is no salvation.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John 10

[27] My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

[28] And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
[29] My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our Pastor made the quote in the heading this morning.

"A faith too weak to change your life is a faith too weak to save your soul"

Mat 7:24
"Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock:
Mat 7:25
"and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock.
Mat 7:26
"But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand:
Mat 7:27
"and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall."

"Notice that Jesus distinguished the wise builder from the foolish builder by those who hear and DO His Word and those who merely hear His Word but DOES NOT DO them.

Both builders had troubles but the one who stood firm is the one whose foundation is on God our Rock.

Jesus is our foundation
1Cr 3:11
For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

A person who says they are saved will bear the fruit of salvation. A person who has no fruit and bears the fruit of evil is not saved.
Just as we can judge an apple tree from an orange by its fruit, so we can tell from being around someone if they are truly a child of God.

Time is so short. We need to make sure our salvation is secure in Jesus. Salvation is too serious to just think we are saved.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement