Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » The Love of God

Author Topic: The Love of God
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WildB wrote
quote:
Does all this mean that God overlooks sin or condones it? By no means! In His love He paid for our sins on Calvary's cross "that He might be just and the Justifier of him that believes in Jesus" (Rom. 3:26).

Amen to that.

Romans 5:10
For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of His Son, much more, being reconciled, shall we be saved by His life.

Now that we are saved by grace, how much more, being now reconciled, shall we be saved by His life.

As Jesus counsels me from heaven by way of the Holy Spirit, I am also DAILY being saved by His life, since He is now ALIVE in heaven and directing my life, to the extent that I am able to hear:

Matthew 13:9
Who has ears to hear, let him hear.

quote:
Does all this mean that God overlooks sin or condones it? By no means! In His love He paid for our sins on Calvary's cross "that He might be just and the Justifier of him that believes in Jesus" (Rom. 3:26).

Amen to that.

Amen to that indeed, and thanks be to Jesus for being willing to do that for us.

love, Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 15 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"[We] were by nature the children of wrath, even as others, BUT GOD, WHO IS RICH IN MERCY, FOR HIS GREAT LOVE WHEREWITH HE LOVED US, even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ. By grace ye are saved" (Eph. 2:3-5).

"...after that THE KINDNESS AND LOVE OF GOD OUR SAVIOUR TOWARD MAN appeared, not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to HIS MERCY He saved us..." (Titus 3:4,5).

Does all this mean that God overlooks sin or condones it? By no means! In His love He paid for our sins on Calvary's cross "that He might be just and the Justifier of him that believeth in Jesus" (Rom. 3:26). This is why we read in Romans 5:8:

"GOD COMMENDETH HIS LOVE TOWARD US, IN THAT WHILE WE WERE YET SINNERS CHRIST DIED FOR US".(Romans 5:8)

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement