Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Integrity Worships The True God

Author Topic: Integrity Worships The True God
Copper25
Advanced Member
Member # 7464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Copper25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey civility, you there, are you home? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Isaiah 40:6) The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field

Posts: 262 | From: Rochester, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awe, you know? You're right, WildB ... I don't watch Christian TV, all I actually do is read the written Word and listen to the Spirit ... I should have been honest and said, "so I can watch Jay Leno".

love, Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Eden:
Well, anyway, thanks for all the sillyness, boys, I have to put on my coat of many colors to go find an antenna for my digital converter box so I can watch some CHRISTIAN TV ... and become "more edjucated" in the Word of God ...

love, Eden

I thought all you needed was the Word and Gods Spirit?

Well I guess some peoples kids need tv .

Weak.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Well, anyway, thanks for all the sillyness, boys, I have to put on my coat of many colors to go find an antenna for my digital converter box so I can watch some CHRISTIAN TV ... and become "more edjucated" in the Word of God ...

love, Eden

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 6 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
It's the name of a famous garden, WildBoy ... but maybe you haven't heard about that ...

love, Eden

It was a man that was commanded to till the garden.

Eden was a form of Eve. Try again...

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's the name of a famous garden, WildBoy ... but maybe you would't know about that ...

love, Eden

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 10 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
"Behold the man!"

Eden

Says the person with a girls name. Lol!

Stand down your out of your league.

--------------------
That is all.....

Eden
unregistered

"Behold the man!"

Eden

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
As my mother would say by this time, "Now ... boys!!!!

Sorry Im not a boy. Im a man.

--------------------
That is all.....

Eden
unregistered

As my mother would say by this time, "Now ... boys!!!!
Eden
unregistered

WildB, in your quote, you omitted the word "love" in "love, Eden". I know that was not intentional but just an "oversight". So this time I'll put it in CAPITAL LETTERS so that you won't accidentally overlook it:

LOVE, Eden

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 6 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Thank you, I almost have a "coat of many colors".

Eden

Thats right almost. But the elect can clearly see the chameleon as it try's to blend in.

--------------------
That is all.....

Eden
unregistered

Thank you, I almost have a "coat of many colors".

love, Eden

WildB
Member # 2917

quote:
Sorry, Keeper, I should have specified what I was spinning off ...

I was spinning off this statement:

"C -- You said you think the root cause is fear".

love, Eden

And I must say you are the master at "spinning"

--------------------
That is all.....

Eden
unregistered

Sorry, Keeper, I should have specified what I was spinning off ...

I was spinning off this statement:

"C -- You said you think the root cause is fear".

love, Eden

Keeper
Advanced Member
Member # 7675

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keeper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eden..what brought that on ? Did you skim and find the word death ? You are a basket case.
Posts: 481 | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Hebrews 2:15
And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

1 Corinthians 15:54
So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

1 Corinthians 15:55
O death, where is your sting? O grave, where is your victory?

1 Corinthians 15:57
But thanks be to God who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

love, Eden
Look up, for our redemption draws near...

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MentorsRiddle

I was wrong. God says the root cause is desire (KJV "lust"). Fear and guilt are what we feel after we sin, not before. I guess we could say they are an effect rather than a cause. [updown]

James 1 (ESV)
14 But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire. 15 Then desire when it has conceived gives birth to sin, and sin when it is fully grown brings forth death.

Sin is selfishness, so I guess it is a kind of self worship. Satan was guilty of wanting to be like God because of his pride, or self worship. He tempted Eve with the desire for pride.

Genesis 3:4-6 (NLT) ’”
4 “You won’t die!” the serpent replied to the woman. 5 “God knows that your eyes will be opened as soon as you eat it, and you will be like God, knowing both good and evil.”

6 The woman was convinced. She saw that the tree was beautiful and its fruit looked delicious, and she wanted the wisdom it would give her. So she took some of the fruit and ate it. Then she gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it, too.

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're very welcome K.

C -- You said you think the root cause is fear -- because that's what Adam and Eve felt after they had sinned.

This is a very good concept -- because I think basically all human decisions are, deeply, based by the emotions fear or love.

Or Flesh and the Spirit.

When we let flesh/fear rule our decision making process, we make flawed decisions and become insecure in ourselves -- causing us to pump ourselves up to feel "important"

As you said, almost like a self worship -- thus making us our own idol?

Agan, love to hear your opinion.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
kneeling down I kiss your feet,
Grace abounds upon me now,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.
The gift of God dwells within,
To this love I now give in.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen, I agree with you both. Thanks for the posts!

God bless,
David

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well said MentorsRiddle - we need to spend time alone with our Lord, abiding in Him. Abiding in His love.

Money can be used for good. It can buy food and clothing for the poor, medical care for the ill, etc.

But greed, as you say, buys power, or pleasure, and that is self love in my opinion. Self worship maybe.

The root sickness I think is fear. When Adam and Eve sinned, the first things they felt were guilt and fear. I think fear is the root of a lot of problems. That's why it is such a blessing that we trust God, and we can come boldly before His throne.

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great reply, C.

I think greed and money are truly the root of all evil today...

But here is a thought I just had...

Money buys power, and power is ultumantly what greed and money is all about...

So, wouldn't greed just be a symptom of self love, which is the root sickness?

Just a thought, would love to hear your reply.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi KnowHim,

I think greed is a big problem today. The prosperity gospel, and beliefs closely related to it, are leading people away from the true worship of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Colossians 3:5 (NLT)
So put to death the sinful, earthly things lurking within you. Have nothing to do with sexual immorality, impurity, lust, and evil desires. Don’t be greedy, for a greedy person is an idolater, worshiping the things of this world.

Covetousness (Greed) is the sin of always wanting more, whether it be more things or more pleasures. The covetous person is never satisfied with what he has, and he is usually envious of what other people have. This is idolatry, for covetousness puts things in the place of God. “Thou shalt not covet” is the last of the Ten Commandments (Ex. 20:17). Yet this sin can make someone break all of the other nine. A covetous person will dishonor God, take God’s name in vain, lie, steal, and commit every other sin in order to satisfy his sinful desires.

MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Good post & good read.

I really enjoied this post, as I beleive it has some relivance today.

There was a bood I once read called American Gods, by Neil Gaiman < not sure of name spelling.

Any way, in this book all these different Gods were worshiped through sacrafice...

The TV had a god, and you sacrafised your time to it by watching it, etc.

Really fantastical stuff...

We may not worship, at least not all of us, giant golden statues any more -- but many of us worship ourselves and things...

God should always come first -- and I for one am guilty of not always thinking of him first.

I ask for forgiveness every day, but sometimes we loose track of who we are -- which are children of God.

Another good prayer would be to ask God for forgiveness for not spending enough time with him and cultivating your relationship with him.

I for one need to spend more alone time with God, with out other "idols" present, etc.

Again, great post.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 16 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
“Nebuchadnezzar the king made an image of gold, the height of which was sixty cubits and its width six cubits; he set it up on the plain of Dura in the province of Babylon. Then Nebuchadnezzar the king sent word to assemble the satraps, the prefects and the governors, the counselors, the treasurers, the judges, the magistrates and all the rulers of the provinces to come to the dedication of the image that Nebuchadnezzar the king had set up. Then the satraps, the prefects and the governors, the counselors, the treasurers, the judges, the magistrates and all the rulers of the provinces were assembled for the dedication of the image that Nebuchadnezzar the king had set up; and they stood before the image that Nebuchadnezzar had set up.”
-- Daniel 3:1-3

People are incurably religious and will worship either the true God or a false substitute.

Scripture teaches that a double-minded man is “unstable in all his ways” (James 1:8). That certainly was true of King Nebuchadnezzar, who shortly after declaring that Daniel’s God “is a God of gods and a Lord of kings” (Dan. 2:47), erected a huge image of himself and assembled all his leaders for its dedication.

The image was ninety feet tall and was probably constructed of wood overlaid with gold. Because the plain of Dura was flat, the statue would have been visible for a great distance. The gold idol was a magnificent sight as it reflected the bright sunlight of that region.

The king’s plan was to have all his leaders bow down to the image, thereby bringing glory to himself, verifying their loyalty, and unifying the nation under one religion. But he was soon to learn that three young men with spiritual integrity would never abandon worship of the true God, regardless of the consequences. Worshiping the true God or a false substitute is the choice that everyone must make. Sadly, millions of people who wouldn’t think of bowing to a tangible image nevertheless worship useless gods of their own imaginations. Even Christians can be lured into self-love and covetousness, which are forms of idolatry (Col. 3:5). That’s why you must always guard your heart diligently.

Suggestions for Prayer:
Thank the Lord for the privilege of knowing and worshiping the true God.

For Further Study:
According to Romans 1:18-32, what are the spiritual and moral consequences of idolatry?

http://feeds2.feedburner.com/GTYStrengthForToday

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement