Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Except ye come as a child (everyone can use a good laugh)

Author Topic: Except ye come as a child (everyone can use a good laugh)
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P6UU6m3cqk&feature=rec-r2

Get the (a) degree! Either you are saved, or not, so it is not about a degree of being saved. But it 'is' about the degree of relationship.

So, should you settle for the least amount. That is what the Parable of the Talents is about. For ask yourself, who was closer to Jesus? This shouldn't be confusing, but if you didn't get it right, the one who received ten talents was closer to Him. After all, would you give someone you hated more than someone you loved?

Then what about that man who had only one? He said to himself, "I have one. That is all I need. I will just squirrel it and my Lord will be happy that I still have it."

Was He?

Jesus is supposed to live through you, through faith. If you are not sanctified unto Him you are cheating the relationship. Then HE doesn't live. Then who does? For as you live, HE fades to the background.

In otherwords, there is no increase in the investment on your part. For not too many start out fully invested. First they get a taste. Then they may or may not long for more, depending upon whether they swing towards the world, or Him more.

So, except ye become as a child, you will not experience the relationship HE longs to give. And what do we know about adults? They already 'know it all', right? But did they come by their knowledge the correct way? That is why HE reiterates to become as a child.

One cannot imitate Him, but Jesus can live for Himself if one will gather unto Him.

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement