Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Peace in Jesus...

Author Topic: Peace in Jesus...
Keeper
Advanced Member
Member # 7675

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keeper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't know I hinted at good news.

I can make some up if you like.

Hey, what do you want good news for, no one likes good news according to the news media, we want bad news.

Good news: Senator Speck, or Streak or Scratch or Something is moving to the Democratic Party, that is good news, I am a Republican. (Well, was-not sure what I am now)

Posts: 481 | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do know. So, what is the good news you hinted at?
Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keeper
Advanced Member
Member # 7675

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keeper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't you wish ? So do I .

You know that good Christians don't gamble.

Posts: 481 | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You won the lottery and you're going to share your new millions with me? [Smile]
Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keeper
Advanced Member
Member # 7675

Well, Carol....I snuck in and got me a big hunk of both kinds of peace. I was told that Jesus doesn't want me miserable and he also wanted me to be prosperous (both kinds) so, knowing no better I just took advantage of it.

I like sharing it too.

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The world bases its peace on its resources, while God’s peace depends on relationships. To be right with God means to enjoy the peace of God. The world depends on personal ability, but the Christian depends on spiritual adequacy in Christ. In the world, peace is something you hope for or work for; but to the Christian, peace is God’s wonderful gift, received by faith. Unsaved people enjoy peace when there is an absence of trouble; Christians enjoy peace in spite of trials because of the presence of power, the Holy Spirit.

People in the world walk by sight and depend on the externals, but Christians walk by faith and depend on the eternals. The Spirit of God teaches us the Word and guides us (not drags us!) into the truth. He also reminds us of what He has taught us so that we can depend on God’s Word in the difficult times of life. The Spirit uses the Word to give us His peace (John 14:27), His love (John 15:9-10), and His joy (John 15:11).

“And the work of righteousness shall be peace, and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance forever” (Isa. 32:17).

(Wiersbe)

Keeper
Advanced Member
Member # 7675

There is so much truth in the claim that Jesus gives us peace.

I wonder what we give to Jesus? The cross ? Ulcers ? Stress ? An hour a week ? A want list ?

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Kiss] Thank you Betty, You have a good day too!

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you David and FoundInHim,

We live in a world where we need to be reminded that there is indeed peace in Jesus.
Thank you for for the reminder. Have a blessed day.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. (Phil 4:7) [Smile]

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David T
Member # 7701

Icon 6 posted      Profile for David T         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-----------
Peace, peace, to those far and near,
says the LORD. And I will heal them.
isaiah 57:19

---------------------

Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.
colossians 3:15

-------------------

I will listen to what God the LORD will say
he promises peace to his people, his saints
but let them not return to folly
psalm 85:8

------------------

And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
philippians 4:7

-----------------

The fruit of righteousness will be peace;
the effect of righteousness will be quietness and confidence forever.
isaiah 32:17

-----------------------------

Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you.

2 thessalonians 3:16

------------------------

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
john 14:27

----------
The LORD gives strength to his people;
the LORD blesses his people with peace.
psalm 29:11

--------------------

Great peace have they who love your law,
and nothing can make them stumble.
psalm 119:165

---------------------------

I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this
world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the
world."
john 16:33

---------------------------

You will keep in perfect peace
him whose mind is steadfast,
because he trusts in you.
isaiah 26:3

Posts: 5 | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement