Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Regarding angels...

Author Topic: Regarding angels...
Keeper
Advanced Member
Member # 7675

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keeper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank You. You have a nice week end and more to come.
Posts: 481 | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Take care of yourself. Get rest and eat right, when we are ill we often eat too little.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keeper
Advanced Member
Member # 7675

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keeper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks to the both of you. That is very kind.

My main purpose for getting back on here before I got to feeling better was that I discovered around the first of the week that a couple of weeks ago I really made a boo boo. A few weeks ago when we were rapturing around in the end times I had pulled some of my info together from all my notes (I thought) to submit to you. Well, I just this week , discovered that I had left out my paragraph about the shortening of the end times. Without that information, you had to have thought I had lost my mind. Reading my stuff without that in it, only half of the story was told. It would seem that I was totally against any sort of rapture at all.

Well, it is important that I tell you I am sorry.
No, I don't want to get back into that any more than you do. It really is the hardest subject to cover. It is so spread out and spoken of most everywhere OT and NT.

Posts: 481 | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keeper so sorry that you are ill. I have a chronic illness, myself that, often tires me physically and emotionally. So, I understand how it is when you cannot think straight some time.

You keep coming here and talk to us. You are loved.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And we will pray for you Keeper since you have been sick, right fellow board members?

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fellowship that's (real)!

Whether sweet or bold-- Just for folks to "be real"!

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keeper
Advanced Member
Member # 7675

Ya caught me didn't ya. I don't even know what I am doing here. I've been and still am sick.

I like coolwhip the best, what do you prefer?

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Fellowwhip? is that more like cool whip or horse whip? [Big Grin]

--------------------

Keeper
Advanced Member
Member # 7675

Eden, why do you get such enjoyment out of being
difficult ?

Isn't this board a place to fellowwhip and learn?

Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for that list, Found in Him, they are very nice Names. All the Names of God are good, great, and wholesome for food. love, Eden
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Eden, Here are 100 more that I know as well. (They are already translated for you)

# Advocate - 1 John 2:1

# Almighty - Revelation 1:8

# Alpha - Revelation 1:8

# Amen - Revelation 3:14

# Anointed One - Psalm 2:2

# Apostle - Hebrews 3:1

# Author and Perfecter of our Faith - Hebrews 12:2

# Beginning - Revelation 21:6

# Bishop of Souls - 1 Peter 2:25

# Branch - Zechariah 3:8

# Bread of Life - John 6:35,48

# Bridegroom - Matthew 9:15

# Carpenter - Mark 6:3

# Chief Shepherd - 1 Peter 5:4

# The Christ - Matthew 1:16

# Comforter - Jeremiah 8:18

# Consolation of Israel - Luke 2:25

# Cornerstone - Ephesians 2:20

# Dayspring - Luke 1:78

# Day Star - 2 Peter 1:19

# Deliverer - Romans 11:26

# Desire of Nations - Haggai 2:7

# Emmanuel - Matthew 1:23

# End - Revelation 21:6

# Everlasting Father - Isaiah 9:6

# Faithful and True Witness - Revelation 3:14

# First Fruits - 1 Corinthians 15:23

# Foundation - Isaiah 28:16

# Fountain - Zechariah 13:1

# Friend of Sinners - Matthew 11:19

# Gate for the Sheep - John 10:7

# Gift of God - 2 Corinthians 9:15

# God - John 1:1

# Glory of God - Isaiah 60:1

# Good Shepherd - John 10:11

# Governor - Matthew 2:6

# Great Shepherd - Hebrews 13:20

# Guide - Psalm 48:14

# Head of the Church - Colossians 1:18

# High Priest - Hebrews 3:1

# Holy One of Israel - Isaiah 41:14

# Horn of Salvation - Luke 1:69

# I Am - Exodus 3:14

# Jehovah - Psalm 83:18

# Jesus - Matthew 1:21

# King of Israel - Matthew 27:42

# King of Kings - 1 Timothy 6:15; Revelation 19:16

# Lamb of God - John 1:29

# Last Adam - 1 Corinthians 15:45

# Life - John 11:25

# Light of the World - John 8:12; John 9:5

# Lion of the Tribe of Judah - Revelation 5:5

# Lord of Lords - 1 Timothy 6:15; Revelation 19:16

# Master - Matthew 23:8

# Mediator - 1 Timothy 2:5

# Messiah - John 1:41

# Mighty God - Isaiah 9:6

# Morning Star - Revelation 22:16

# Nazarene - Matthew 2:23

# Omega - Revelation 1:8

# Passover Lamb - 1 Corinthians 5:7

# Physician - Matthew 9:12

# Potentate - 1 Timothy 6:15

# Priest - Hebrews 4:15

# Prince of Peace - Isaiah 9:6

# Prophet - Acts 3:22

# Propitiation - I John 2:2

# Purifier - Malachi 3:3

# Rabbi - John 1:49

# Ransom - 1 Timothy 2:6

# Redeemer - Isaiah 41:14

# Refiner - Malachi 3:2

# Refuge - Isaiah 25:4

# Resurrection - John 11:25

# Righteousness - Jeremiah 23:6

# Rock - Deuteronomy 32:4

# Root of David - Revelation 22:16

# Rose of Sharon - Song of Solomon 2:1

# Ruler of God's Creation - Revelation 3:14

# Sacrifice - Ephesians 5:2

# Savior - 2 Samuel 22:47; Luke 1:47

# Second Adam - 1 Corinthians 15:47

# Seed of Abraham - Galatians 3:16

# Seed of David - 2 Timothy 2:8

# Seed of the Woman - Genesis 3:15

# Servant - Isaiah 42:1

# Shepherd - 1 Peter 2:25

# Son of David - Matthew 15:22

# Son of God - Luke 1:35

# Son of Man - Matthew 18:11

# Son of Mary - Mark 6:3

# Son of the Most High - Luke 1:32

# Stone - Isaiah 28:16

# Sun of Righteousness - Malachi 4:2

# Teacher - Matthew 26:18

# Truth - John 14:6

# Way - John 14:6

# Wonderful Counselor - Isaiah 9:6

# Word - John 1:1

# Vine - John 15:1

--------------------

Eden
unregistered

She said, semi-sarcastically
quote:
More correct?? I got a great Christian book called The New Testament. It states that Jesus is the name above all names.. Is that the more correct aspect, power and function of that name Eden??
And Found in Him also said
quote:

אהיה אשר אהיה~ Ehyeh asher ehyeh~ ( I AM that I AM)

Thank God my sister in Christ knows a Name of the Creator) from the OT.

love, Eden

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Eden writes...
You need to get the different aspects of the Creator more correct. Each Name describes a different aspect and function and power of the Creator. That is why there are Christian books with titles such as, "The Names of God".

More correct?? I got a great Christian book called The New Testament. It states that Jesus is the name above all names.. Is that the more correct aspect, power and function of that name Eden??

It also states that God is ONE GOD and that you "do well" to know and remember this.

Also, He is more than just "The Creator"-- That's just one aspect, function and power of God.

אהיה אשר אהיה~ Ehyeh asher ehyeh~ ( I AM that I AM)

--------------------

Eden
unregistered

Keeper wrote
quote:
This thread started out with the angels and is now talking about an upper or lower case God.
Not so. Upper or lower case "God" has not been discussed at all; only upper and lower case "Lord" has been discussed. "God" is a different Hebrew word, it is always "Elohim".

You need to get the different aspects of the Creator more correct. Each Name describes a different aspect and function and power of the Creator. That is why there are Christian books with titles such as, "The Names of God".

love, Eden

Keeper
Advanced Member
Member # 7675

Isn't it interesting how God's Word never changes but man's mind changes all the time?

This thread started out with the angels and is now talking about an upper or lower case God.
There is purpose for that but mostly on a Technical level.

As for birth, God allows birth to take place and encourages it. He knew us before we were sent. Man murders thousands a day that were sent and pays for it being done from taxes. Not only that, birth is a gift of God but the money paid to abort children is paid by the government in the Billions of Dollars, yet the government says the Church can not interfer in government.

Several years ago a broadcaster said that he would pay $500.00 to anyone who could show him where the government does not have control of anyone in one way or another. No one collected.

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Well again we see perfect harmony in the creation of man. The Genesis account states "Let us make man in Our image, in Our likeness".

"All things were made through Him and without Him nothing was made that was made" John 1:3

"For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were made through Him and for Him" Colossians 1:16

"To the Son He says, '...You O Lord, in the beginning, laid the foundation of the earth, And the heavens are the work of your hands" Hebrews 1:10

"And now O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself with the glory I had with You before the world was"John 17:5 (this also kind of busts up the notion that He was created in any womb, doesn't it?)

--------------------

yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keeper, you are exactly right! Yeshua was from the beginning!

the word YHVH, if one studies on the Hebraic meaning behind each letter, will see that all 3 of the God-head are in this name. The Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit.

Be Blessed

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keeper
Advanced Member
Member # 7675

Exactly.

As I mentioned in my post above, some folks are not aware that Jesus was the one who created. So many think that Jesus was created in the womb of Mary, not before.

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

This is my point... WHAT point is there in trying to decide between the "Name"??

One God
One (Name) has been given us that is above ALL Name(s)

What name does one need to understand and know more than the Name Jesus?

You have NO YHWH, LORD or The Lord or God at all without it!

Why not exalt and stick to the NAME Jesus, Name above ALL names and your only means of salvation or hope?

--------------------

Keeper
Advanced Member
Member # 7675

I will try to clear up the debate between you and Eden.

Actually, Eden missed the point in a short script that I wrote above and as usual adjusted his thinking to stir something up.

I wrote this and will put in caps what he has a problem with:

Some folks know it and some don't, that Jesus was here to form the universe and all in it.
He was called the Word. In Hebrew, God was called YHWH (all caps), which form the personal name of God in the OT, usually translated "the Lord" (here is the upper and lower case problem Eden has with my script.) Eden says it should read "the LORD" (notice, LORD is all Caps) meaning "to be" and probably has a meaning of "the one who is always present." So yes, Jesus is God.

Now, here is my point of this text: Eden was technically right but I ask you this, how many times do any of us refer to the name "YHWH", or
"the LORD" instead of "the Lord"? The subject was that Jesus was here even before the creation, and He was God, and was the Lord.
Or as Eden would say..and was the LORD.

Your responses to Eden was more logical and practical because people just don't stop and factor in which name to use each time you want to refer to God or the Lord. I hope this helps.

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

You really shouldn't worry if I agree with you or not should you? The word of God is the authority, Not me or you.

I don't feel I need to repeat what I have said over again. I thought I made my point in that Christ taught us everything we needed to know about the Godhead.

Regarding the Name:
The Lord Jesus Christ said to his disciples, "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost". (Matthew 28:19). The unity of the Godhead is clear in his words, "baptizing them in the NAME (singular)." He did not say baptize them in the names (plural).

And Who has The Name that is above ALL Names?

--------------------

Eden
unregistered

Found in Him wrote
quote:
I agree with the Word of God Eden..
You almost say that as if to imply that YOU Found in Him agree with the Word of God but that "I (Eden) somehow do NOT agree with the Word of God"? Is that what you are implying?

And what does switching the discussion to the Word of God have to do with the discussion about the word YHWH (LORD) and Adonai (Lord) which both ARE in the Word of God?

So when you say "you agree with the Word of God", then of course you agree that both the word YHWH and Adonai exist in the OT and that, if the Holy Spirit felt compelled to differentiate (often) between YHWH and Adonai, then we should too, Amen?

love, Eden
"sometimes I feel like you are gunning for me..."

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

I agree with the Word of God Eden..

He is The "I AM"..The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit...

Christ taught us everything we needed to know about the Godhead. He spoke of The Father, Himself and The Spirit that was to come after He returned to The Father. Scripture makes it clear that "God is One"

Within the Godhead, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit share an equality of divine nature. It is noteworthy that, in the passages in the New Testament, the scriptures do not adhere to any rigid sequence when mentioning the divine persons, thereby avoiding any suggestion of superiority or inferiority within the Godhead. Indeed every possible arrangement of the divine names is found:

* Father, Son, Spirit (Matthew 28:19)
* Father, Spirit, Son (1 Peter 1:2)
* Son, Father, Spirit (John 14:16; 2 Cor 13:14)
* Son, Spirit, Father (Ephesians 2:18)
* Spirit, Father, Son (John 14:26)
* Spirit, Son, Father (John 15:26; 1 Cor 12:4-6)

The unity of God was clearly expressed when the divine law was given through Moses: "Hear, 0 Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD." (Deuteronomy 6:4). Our Lord Jesus Christ confirmed this in Mark 12:29. The apostle Paul stated the same truth: "Now a mediator is not a mediator of one: but God is one." (Galatians 3:20). Likewise, the apostle James wrote: "Thou believest that God is one; thou doest well" (James 2:19). The cumulative evidence of these verses is that there is only one God.

--------------------

Eden
unregistered

Found in Him wrote
quote:
Any attempt to lower the title, status or authority of any (Father, Son or Holy Spirit) is plain ignorance.
So you agree with me then, that all aspects of the Father need to be separately understood, including His Names YHWH (the LORD) and Adonai (the Lord) in the KJV.

love, Eden

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Eden wrote..Why do I want to wrestle over that? Because the names of God are important; it makes a big difference whether the Adonai is talking in a scripture, or YHWH; they are two different aspects of the Creator.

Really?

Father commands us to listen to The Son, Son commands us to fear The Father and The Holy Spirit only speaks what He hears from Heaven... They work in perfect harmony all throughout scripture. They are equal in authority and power. Inseparable, undivided.

Any attempt to lower the title, status or authority of any (Father, Son or Holy Spirit) is plain ignorance.

The spoken Word of God is just that... THE Word of God.

--------------------

Eden
unregistered

Keeper wrote
quote:
I knew it was the LORD instead of the Lord but why do you want to wrestle over that?
Why do I want to wrestle over that? Because the names of God are important; it makes a big difference whether the Adonai is talking in a scripture, or YHWH; they are two different aspects of the Creator. To know Him is to love Him.

Eden

Keeper
Advanced Member
Member # 7675

Well, I must say I'm sorry again.

I knew it was the LORD instead of the Lord but why do you want to wrestle over that ? Did you even read the post about angels ? Did you know that Jesus was the one who created everything?

Eden
unregistered

Keeper wrote
quote:
He was called the Word. In Hebrew, YHWH, which form the personal name of God in the OT, usually translated "the Lord" ...
First of all, you have to specify WHICH English version of the OT you are speaking about.

But assuming that you are speaking about the King James Version (KJV), then it is INCORRECT to say that the Hebrew word YHWH is usually translated "the Lord" in the KJV.

Because in the KJV, the Hebrew word YHWH is ALWAYS translated "the LORD" in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS.

In the KJV, the word "the Lord" ALWAYS translates the Hebrew word "adonai", which means "absolute owner", in God's case, "absolute owner of the earth".

In the KJV, "the Lord" is thus always "adonai" and "the LORD" is always "YHWH".

Thanks. Eden

Keeper
Advanced Member
Member # 7675

Just a little side note about something I was reminded of when looking for angel information.

Some folks know it and some don't, that Jesus was here to form the universe and all in it.
He was called the Word. In Hebrew, YHWH, which form the personal name of God in the OT, usually translated "the Lord", meaning "to be" and probably has a meaning of "The One Who Is Always Present." So, yes Jesus is God.

Keeper
Advanced Member
Member # 7675

Eden of Chilmad, who was never in Eden, I can throw my two bits in.

As you already know, Hebrews tells us about the relationship with Jesus and the Angels. Many other scriptures speak of angels as well.

If you question the idea that an angel will provide security service for your car, I doubt it. The title in its self says that an angel is a messenger from God, created to serve God.

In the NT it describes angels as "ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation. (Heb 1:14) Which is where you must have come up with the idea.

They have commuted messages from God in the OT and NT to the saints. They have protected and aided God's saints. Gen 19:15-17, 48:16; Ex 23:20-23, 1 Kings19:5, 2 Kings 6, Mt 18:10, Acts 12:7-11, 15.

They have served as God's agents in carrying out divine judgement, they are associated with the terrible punishments accompanying Christ's return. They have served as witnesses to his creative and redemptive acts. They constantly praise the Lord for who he is and what he has done.

They were created before God made the universe. They don't die or marry. Some appear in human form. (Am I telling more than you want to know?)
They don't have wings although some have appeared as animals who have wings. They have personal names.

Some have fallen, known as evil spirits. Jesus has prepared a place for them called hell.

Angels have different ranks.

God's focus in on mankind, not the angels. Jesus had to take the form of mankind in order to come to earth and allow us to rise above the angels and be crowned with glory and honor in Him.

On the other hand, Eden, I cannot say that you can't get an angel to guard your car. It's just like I said, I Don't Think So. If you try, let me know how it turns out. You might get an insurance deduction.

oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneinchrist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Eden,
Much of the bible gives us insight into angelic activity. I do believe that we can conclude, based on the scriptures alone, that the Lord is the one who gives orders to the angels. As far as an angel being used as a "protective service" to us........I believe it is possible. If you really think about it, though, if God is using an angel as a "protective service", He is using it to protect His Word and the bearer of His Word. It is conceivable that at any point in time God could have a guard put over a car to make certain something is accomplished. Its also possible that God could allow a believers car to be stolen, and I do not believe that would be because the believer didnt make sure to call on an angel to protect it.

With love in Christ, Daniel

Posts: 1389 | From: Wind Lake, WI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Regarding angels...

I know from the Bible that there are a lot of angels in the family camp of God, and that the angels are "ministering spirits who minister unto the heirs of salvation":

Hebrews 1
13 But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make your enemies your footstool?

14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

Now, let's take Abraham and Sarah's family camp for illustration. Abraham had hundreds of servants, and Abraham's son Isaac could at any time call upon ANY of the servants in the family camp, and they would immediately obey Isaac as much as they would Abraham or Sarah.

Now that we have been adopted into the family camp of God, I think we likewise have access to the "servants of God" who are the angels, so that, we as sons and daughters of God, can at any time say to an angel, "Father, I stay an angel where by my car to watch it while I'm gone", and does an angel from the family camp of God then actually go stand by my car or watch it from heaven?

Eden of Chilmad, who was never IN Eden [Big Grin]
Ezekiel 27:23
Haran, and Canneh, and Eden, the merchants of Sheba, Asshur, and of Chilmad, were your merchants.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement