Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » The Lamb of God (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: The Lamb of God
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keeper wrote
quote:
Whatever you say Eden. Can we get off of it now?
My promise to you is that I will say "nothing about nothing" as long as what you say meshes with the Bible. If you say something that is not true, according to Eden, you will hear from me if I happen to read it.

In the meantime, Keeper, God needs you here to defend the Christian Fortress, so don't go anywhere.

Be blessed in Jesus, Keeper.

Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am glad you are here Keeper. [Wink]

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keeper
Advanced Member
Member # 7675

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keeper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whatever you say Eden. Can we get off of it now?
Posts: 481 | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

first of all, Keeper, le't me repeat that I have no problem with you being here; there is no need to leave; everybody is welcome, this is a free country.

Now, as to what you said about me
quote:
... the reason I asked your opinion of my using what Eden calls the improper names for God and Jesus ...
This is a misrepresentaton of what I said. I have never said anything about "improper names for God and Jesus".

I have only said that if you are going to use the word "Lord" when referring to the Old Testament (OT) Creator, then you need to distinguish between "Lord" which is ALWAYS "Adonai" in the KJV and "LORD" which is ALWAYS "YHWH" in the KJV.

The translators of the KJV were purposely "very meticulous" and "consistent" throughout the OT KJV, so that the "reader" can at all times know "what Hebrew word is underneath that". If it's "Lord" it's always "adonai" and if it's LORD it's always "YHWH".

But I have never said anything about:
quote:
... I asked your opinion of my using what Eden calls the improper names for God and Jesus ...
Neither God or Jesus have anything to do with those two Names above.

Eden

Keeper
Advanced Member
Member # 7675

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keeper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Found in Him and Betty. I read the same thing but I have been harassed lately on the matter.
If I'm upsetting any of you I need to know so I can either straighten up my act or get lost.

I guess I am still suffering from a problem I had at my last church. I asked a couple of questions to the so called leader and several of them just shut me off. I found out later that none of them knew the answers to any of my questions so they just ignored me. This is not the case here except for being harassed. In either case, who wants to force themselves on others. Sounding like a disturbed person aren't I? My questions to them were about their customs in a nondenominational church. Now that they have a pastor who knows something, he taught them where they were messin up and it is fixed now. Will they ask me back ? No. The pastor did but no one else. They have split twice now. I guess I didn't fit their style.

Posts: 481 | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keeper,

Do not go away. We like having you here.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keeper,

I haven't found anything in the new testament that instructs or commands me to address a particular name other than Jesus. Jesus instructed to baptize in the name of The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit. At least that's how my bible reads. The apostles used "God":Greek Theos in the writings of the new testament.

My personal conviction is to Address God as The Lord instructed. But who am I right? I speak English, not Aramaic, Greek or Hebrew. God answers my prayers so I figure He is receiving them [Big Grin]

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keeper
Advanced Member
Member # 7675

BecauseHeLives and FoundInHim, the reason I asked your opinion of my using what Eden calls the improper names for God and Jesus, was that I wanted to know if I was stressing you as much as Eden. If so, I am sorry and will go away if you like. It doesn't sound like it though. Thanks.

As for the names to be used in the baptism, ie, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, I have not found anything that we can pin it down to exactly. Also, is someone going to say we need to say those words in a foreign language or tell the crowd that we are saying certain words in Caps?

There are different methods performed by different churches. Some have a sacramental view of it, then a conventional view, and a symbolic view. The first two baptise infants.
The third say that the one being baptised must be old enough to know what they are doing.

Whichever the case is, Jesus has done his part already by the time of baptism, so why worry about it ?

Keeper
Advanced Member
Member # 7675

I sure am glad someone agrees with me.

With bible in hand and the Spirit within, I am not convinced that the name I call my Lord makes much difference.

This sounds like something the Pharisees would like doing though. I'm sorry, that doesn't sound very nice does it.

I can see a baby Christian being sit down with a teacher getting a two hour orientation on what name to call Yahweh, saying Who ? Well, you will learn. Now, you spell Lord with a capital letter L, but all caps when...etc. Or, like someone on this board suggested, that we spell everything, even names with no capital letters.

Sorry, I'm just making it worse aren't I ?

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Found in Him, if you had taken the time to read you would have seen I was only answering Keeper's question he ask me....
quote:
Your post was so long, I guess you forgot that I asked you about your opinion of my status.
now to get to your question....
quote:
Why didn't Jesus stress the "importance" of using a certain "name" then?
The proper form of baptism is in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit as Yahshua designated in Matt. 28:19, "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit." The clear command of Yahshua is to baptize this way. But, if that is so, then why do we see so many instances in the New Testament where people were baptized "in Yahshua's name"?

* Acts 2:38, "And Peter said to them, 'Repent, and let each of you be baptized in the name of Yahshua Messiah for the forgiveness of your sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."
* Acts 10:48, "And he ordered them to be baptized in the name of Yahshua Messiah. Then they asked him to stay on for a few days."
* Acts 19:5, "And when they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Master Yahshua ."

The reason they were baptizing "in the name of Yahshua " is not because it was a formula, but because the phrase, "in the name of" means "in the authority of. We can see proof of this in Acts 4:7-10,

"And when they had placed them in the center, they began to inquire, 'By what power, or in what name, have you done this?' 8 Then Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, said to them, 'Rulers and elders of the people, 9 if we are on trial today for a benefit done to a sick man, as to how this man has been made well, 10 let it be known to all of you, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Yahshua Messiah the Nazarene, whom you crucified, whom Yahweh raised from the dead” by this name this man stands here before you in good health.'"

The Jews asked "by what power, or in what name, have you done this?" Peter answers and says that it was in the name of Yahshua , that they had healed. In other words, "in the name of Yahshua " means that it is by the power and authority found in Messiah. We can see this usage many places in the New Testament.

* Acts 3:1 "But Peter said, "I do not possess silver and gold, but what I do have I give to you: In the name of Yahshua Messiah the Nazarene - walk!"
* Acts 16:18, And she continued doing this for many days. But Paul was greatly annoyed, and turned and said to the spirit, "I command you in the name of Yahshua Messiah to come out of her!" And it came out at that very moment."
* 1 Cor. 5:4-5, "In the name of our Master Yahshua , when you are assembled, and I with you in spirit, with the power of our Master Yahshua , 5 I have decided to deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of his flesh, that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Master Yahshua ."
* 1 Cor. 6:11, "And such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Master Yahshua Mesiah, and in the Spirit of our Yahweh."
* Eph. 5:20, "always giving thanks for all things in the name of our Master Yahshua Messiah to Yahweh, even the Father."
* 2 Thess. 3:6, "Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Master Yahshua Messiah, that you keep aloof from every brother who leads an unruly life and not according to the tradition which you received from us."

As you can see, "in the name of the Master Yahshua" and "in the name of Yahshua" speaks of "in the authority of Yahshua." Therefore, when someone is properly baptized, they are baptized in the name of Yahshua; that is, by the authority of Yahshua. Therefore, when they are properly baptized in the name of Yahshua, they should say, "I baptize you in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit," just as Yahshua commanded us to do.

Found in Him, no one is held accountable for what they do not know.....

but as one reads and studies and information is revealed , one become responsible for the information one now has in their position!

Dan 12:4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, [even] to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

you have been presented with the Truth what you do with it is up to you.....

but the principle is in the scriptures to whom much has been given much is required... this does apply to knowledge as well as material possessions, gifts and callings......

Yahweh is opening the eyes of people in this last days, restoring the Remnant of believers that desire to see the manifestation of the Church to the Glory She walked in before the Roman Catholic Wh!ore brought comprises and corruption into the Church.

the reformation is still going on, it is not complete....

some see what I am talking about, I pray Yahweh open your eyes as well .

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

So becausehelives... it's now our job to form an opinion of our brothers in The Lord? I think not. The ground is level at the foot of the cross.

Keeper, I hold no opinion of you over the fact that you are a child of the Most High God. You are my brother.

--------------------

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 14 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keeper I haven't really formed any opinion on you, you seem to be as most here on the board, very serious about your faith....

I pray you desire Truth more than tradition...

like I said to Eden... all that matters is the condition of your heart...

the heart that is right with Yahweh, is quick to repent of any wrong action what ever it maybe when revealed by the Holy Spirit....

if the Law is not written on your heart and you do not have the ability to obey the Law you need to get saved.... it is that simple!

like Yahshua told Nicodemus .... you must be Born Again!

and the Lamb of Yahweh made it possible!

I think it important to be as complete with an answer as possible (sometime it comes across legalistic) but there is so much false teaching and pagan infiltration in the Church today....

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Amen Betty Thank you! Yes it is! [Kiss]

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I pray in Jesus Name.
Like you FoundInHim, I am an English speaking person. I read the Bible in English. I speak only one language and that is English. I pray in English. Like the song says Jesus is the sweetest name I know.
betty [hug]

JESUS is
The Sweetest Name I Know
Words and music by Lela B. Long

1 Corinthians 6:11
"... but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified
in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God."

There have been names that I have loved to hear,
But never has there been a name so dear
To this heart of mine, as the Name divine,
The precious, precious Name of Jesus.

Refrain
Jesus is the sweetest name I know,
And He’s just the same as His lovely Name,
And that’s the reason why I love Him so;
Oh, Jesus is the sweetest name I know.

There is no name in earth or heav’n above,
That we should give such honor and such love
As the blessed Name, let us all acclaim,
That wondrous, glorious Name of Jesus.

Refrain

And some day I shall see Him face to face
To thank and praise Him for His wondrous grace,
Which He gave to me, when He made me free,
The blessed Son of God called Jesus.

Refrain

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

becausehelives...Why didn't Jesus stress the "importance" of using a certain "name" then?? He said to baptize in the Name of the Father, of The Son and of The Holy Spirit.

The Apostles preached and taught using "God" Greek theos. The only reference I find in The new testament as God commanding use of a name is The name Jesus. I don't speak Aramaic or Greek so I call Him Jesus.

This is good enough for me:
Isa 42:8 I [am] the LORD that [is] my name and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

http://www.bible.org/page.php?page_id=220

The Names of God

By: J. Hampton Keathley, III , Th.M. (Bio)

Also available in: Download Word Document

The great purpose of man, especially the believer in Christ, is to glorify God. “Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31). Essential to our ability to glorify God is the knowledge of God and knowing Him personally in view of that knowledge.

The word “glory” in the Greek New Testament is doxa which means an opinion, an estimation, or reputation in which one is held. It refers to that which should accrue to God as praise, thanksgiving, obedience, reverence, and service because of who God is and what God does (past, present, and future). In other words, giving glory to God is tied in with the knowledge of God (revelation of God), and knowing God personally (response to God).

The Lord Jesus said in John 17:3, “And this is eternal life, that they may know Thee, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom Thou hast sent.” The many names in Scripture constitute additional revelation of God’s character, His works, and His relationship to us based on His character and works. The names which God chose for Himself and which are ascribed to Him in the Word of God are additional revelations of the who and what of God that we may know and relate to God.

Note David’s declarations about God’s name and word in Psalm 138:1-2. God’s name declares much about His person, but it is God’s Word that reveals God and His name.

We know what God is like, not only by His perfections and works, but also by His names. They tell us many things about God’s care and concern for his own. This is one of the fascinating studies of Scripture. The various circumstances which bring forth each of the names of God are important.1
The Significance of
the Names of God in Scripture

In our twentieth century Western culture, personal names are little more than labels to distinguish one person from another. Sometimes nicknames are chosen which tell something about a person, but even this is a poor reflection of the significance of names in the Bible.

Unfortunately, to many the names God or Lord convey little more than designations of a supreme being. It says little to them about God’s character, His ways, and what God means to each of us as human beings. But in Scripture, the names of God are like miniature portraits and promises. In Scripture, a person’s name identified them and stood for something specific. This is especially true of God. Naming carried special significance. It was a sign of authority and power. This is evident in the fact that God revealed His names to His people rather than allowing them to choose their names for Him. This is also seen in the fact that God often changed the names of His people: Abram to Abraham, Sarai to Sarah, Jacob to Israel. Note also how this concept of authority and power is seen when Nebuchadnezzar changed the names of Daniel and his three friends.
The Name of God in General

There are a number of instances where no name of God is employed, but where simply the term “name” in reference to God is used as the point of focus:

(1) Abraham called on the name of the Lord (Gen. 12:8; 13:4).

(2) The Lord proclaimed His own name before Moses (Ex. 33:19; 34:5).

(3) Israel was warned against profaning the name of the Lord (Lev. 13:21; 22:2, 32).

(4) The name of the Lord was not to be taken in vain (Ex. 20:7; Deut. 5:11).

(5) The priests of Israel were to minister in the name of the Lord (Deut. 18:5; 21:5).

(6) The name of God is called “wonderful” in Judges 13:18.

(7) To call on the name of the Lord was to worship Him as God (Gen. 21:33; 26:25).

Consequently, from this we can conclude that such phrases as “the name of the LORD” or “the name of God” refer to God’s whole character. It was a summary statement embodying the entire person of God.2

When we turn to the New Testament we find the same. The name Jesus is used in a similar way to the name of God in the Old Testament:

(1) Salvation is through His name (John 1:12).

(2) Believers are to gather in His name (Matt. 18:20).

(3) Prayer is to be made in His name (John 14:13-14).

(4) The servant of the Lord who bears the name of Christ will be hated (Matt. 10:22).

(5) The book of Acts makes frequent mention of worship, service, and suffering in the name of Jesus Christ (Acts 4:18; 5:28, 41; 10:43; 19:17).

(6) It is at the name of Jesus that every knee will one day bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord (Phil. 2:10-11).

So, just as the name of God in the Old Testament spoke of the holy character of God the Father, so the name of Jesus in the New Testament speaks of the holy character of God the Son.3
Overview of the
Names of God in Scripture

(1) Elohim: The plural form of EL, meaning “strong one.” It is used of false gods, but when used of the true God, it is a plural of majesty and intimates the trinity. It is especially used of God’s sovereignty, creative work, mighty work for Israel and in relation to His sovereignty (Isa. 54:5; Jer. 32:27; Gen. 1:1; Isa. 45:18; Deut. 5:23; 8:15; Ps. 68:7).

Compounds of El:

* El Shaddai:“God Almighty.” The derivation is uncertain. Some think it stresses God’s loving supply and comfort; others His power as the Almighty one standing on a mountain and who corrects and chastens (Gen. 17:1; 28:3; 35:11; Ex. 6:31; Ps. 91:1, 2).
* El Elyon: “The Most High God.” Stresses God’s strength, sovereignty, and supremacy (Gen. 14:19; Ps. 9:2; Dan. 7:18, 22, 25).
* El Olam: “The Everlasting God.” Emphasizes God’s unchangeableness and is connected with His inexhaustibleness (Gen. 16:13).

(2) Yahweh (YHWH): Comes from a verb which means “to exist, be.” This, plus its usage, shows that this name stresses God as the independent and self-existent God of revelation and redemption (Gen. 4:3; Ex. 6:3 (cf. 3:14); 3:12).

Compounds of Yahweh: Strictly speaking, these compounds are designations or titles which reveal additional facts about God’s character.

* Yahweh Jireh (Yireh): “The Lord will provide.” Stresses God’s provision for His people (Gen. 22:14).
* Yahweh Nissi:“The Lord is my Banner.” Stresses that God is our rallying point and our means of victory; the one who fights for His people (Ex. 17:15).
* Yahweh Shalom:“The Lord is Peace.” Points to the Lord as the means of our peace and rest (Jud. 6:24).
* Yahweh Sabbaoth:“The Lord of Hosts.” A military figure portraying the Lord as the commander of the armies of heaven (1 Sam. 1:3; 17:45).
* Yahweh Maccaddeshcem: “The Lord your Sanctifier.” Portrays the Lord as our means of sanctification or as the one who sets believers apart for His purposes (Ex. 31:13).
* Yahweh Ro’i: “The Lord my Shepherd.” Portrays the Lord as the Shepherd who cares for His people as a shepherd cares for the sheep of his pasture (Ps. 23:1).
* Yahweh Tsidkenu: “The Lord our Righteousness.” Portrays the Lord as the means of our righteousness (Jer. 23:6).
* Yahweh Shammah: “The Lord is there.” Portrays the Lord’s personal presence in the millennial kingdom (Ezek. 48:35).
* Yahweh Elohim Israel: “The Lord, the God of Israel.” Identifies Yahweh as the God of Israel in contrast to the false gods of the nations (Jud. 5:3.; Isa. 17:6).

(3) Adonai: Like Elohim, this too is a plural of majesty. The singular form means “master, owner.” Stresses man’s relationship to God as his master, authority, and provider (Gen. 18:2; 40:1; 1 Sam. 1:15; Ex. 21:1-6; Josh. 5:14).

(4) Theos: Greek word translated “God.” Primary name for God used in the New Testament. Its use teaches: (1) He is the only true God (Matt. 23:9; Rom. 3:30); (2) He is unique (1 Tim. 1:17; John 17:3; Rev. 15:4; 16:27); (3) He is transcendent (Acts 17:24; Heb. 3:4; Rev. 10:6); (4) He is the Savior (John 3:16; 1 Tim. 1:1; 2:3; 4:10). This name is used of Christ as God in John 1:1, 18; 20:28; 1 John 5:20; Tit. 2:13; Rom. 9:5; Heb. 1:8; 2 Pet. 1:1.

(5) Kurios: Greek word translated “Lord.” Stresses authority and supremacy. While it can mean sir (John 4:11), owner (Luke 19:33), master (Col. 3:22), or even refer to idols (1 Cor. 8:5) or husbands (1 Pet. 3:6), it is used mostly as the equivalent of Yahweh of the Old Testament. It too is used of Jesus Christ meaning (1) Rabbi or Sir (Matt. 8:6); (2) God or Deity (John 20:28; Acts 2:36; Rom. 10:9; Phil. 2:11).

(6) Despotes: Greek word translated “Master.” Carries the idea of ownership while kurios stressed supreme authority (Luke 2:29; Acts 4:24; Rev. 6:10; 2 Pet. 2:1; Jude 4).

(7) Father:A distinctive New Testament revelation is that through faith in Christ, God becomes our personal Father. Father is used of God in the Old Testament only 15 times while it is used of God 245 times in the New Testament. As a name of God, it stresses God’s loving care, provision, discipline, and the way we are to address God in prayer (Matt. 7:11; Jam. 1:17; Heb. 12:5-11; John 15:16; 16:23; Eph. 2:18; 3:15; 1 Thess. 3:11).

--------------------

Keeper
Advanced Member
Member # 7675

BecauseHeLives.....My Goodness ! When you answer a question, you answer a question !

I have a pretty good reference book and it did not show the word Yahshua. It showed Yahweh. I had heard the word Yahshua a number of times though. It just seems so uncommon to hear the name spoken in that 99 times out of a hundred, you hear God, Jesus, Christ. Well, what I should have said was; on this board, other than for you, 99 times out of a hundred, God, Jesus, Christ are used.

Pointing this out to you (as if you didn't know it) expecially after reading Edens text about your legalistic features it seemed odd that he hasn't called you down on this but did on other issues.

Your post was so long, I guess you forgot that I asked you about your opinion of my status.

Thanks. Your efforts are much appreciated. It did not fall on deaf ears.

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello Keeper....

THE NAME OF YAHWEH & YAHSHUA

Our Father and Creator has a Name, and His Son and our Saviour bears His Name. We have found out through our studies and the Holy Spirit being our witness that this is true.

The Father's Name is Yahweh, His Son's Name is Yahshua.

We've heard some people admit, that His Name is Yahweh. But they say it doesn't matter what we call Him. Or that lord and god, el and elohim is His Name.

Some believe that jehovah or adonai is the Father's Name. And that jesus is the Son's Name. We will prove that calling the Father any other Name but Yahweh, the Son any other Name but Yahshua, is a "deception of satan."

We will first address the words lord or god being the Father's Name. Any dictionary can give you the meaning of these words, which states that lord is a title which gives ownership, in Unger's Bible Dictionary by Merrill F. Unger, states that this word is not properly a divine title. What we mean is, men are known as lords (rulers). We know that Yahweh is the Ruler of us all. But the word lord is not a name but a title, and not the Father's Name at that. In most bibles, but we are using the new king james version, where the word's LORD, GOD has been put to replace Yahweh's Name. But capitalizing lord does not give any more meaning to the title than ruler or owner. But Yahweh says He has a Name that we must use. Now this word god, is a title also, which means mighty or almighty, also a being with supernatural powers. By capitalizing god, does not give any more meaning to the title than mighty, there are many beings with supernatural powers (incuding demons and the devil). But Yahweh is the only source of power, the Almighty Creator, el and elohim are the Hebrew name's for god and gods, el (god) was a canaanite deity, and is the father of all the gods (elohim). You can read more about this deity el, and his son baal in Unger's Bible Dictionary. You can also read about all the other gods and goddess (elohim) and the way they were and are worshipped, but Yahweh is the Ruler (lord) above all rulers and Almighty (god) of all the mighty ones (gods) which covers men and deity.

The name jehovah is not YHWH , the name Yahweh is YHWH, which is the Hebrew Name for Yahweh. Many say that one can't pronounce the Hebrew consonant YHWH, but it has been proven that the way to pronounce His Name with the vowels in it is Yahweh, even looking at the true Name of Yahweh, all the consonants Y-H-W-H is present. Looking at the false name jehovah the four consonants Y-H-W-H is not present. This false name jehovah has been put in to replace Yahweh's True Name. This false name stems from the false name adonai which is a canaanite god, that the Israelites began to use instead of Yahweh's Name, brought in by the priests in fear of profaning the Name of Yahweh (Jeremiah 23:27). Adonai was used where Yahweh's Name was to be spoken. All about this and more on adonai and jehovah is found in Interpreter's Dictionary of the Bible. Yahweh told us not to profane His Name, but Yahweh wants us to use His Name, that He gave for Himself, and tells us all through His Word we are to use it (Exodus 3:15, Exodus 34:5-6, Isa. 63:12,14). We are forbidden in the Word of Yahweh to make mention of names of other gods, and surely not to call Him by these false names and titles (jehovah,adonai,lord,god, Ex. 23:13, Psalm 16:4).

Some people say that His Name is "I AM", they get this from Ex. 3:14, "I AM" means, Yahweh is what He chooses to be, He causes everything to be, and this is found in the Interpreter's Dictionary of the Bible. In other words there is no power greater than Yahweh, He is the only source of power (Isa. 40:13-14, 21-23, 42:8, 43:10-11, 44:6,8, 45:5-6,18, 46:9). These are just a few scriptures to let one know, there is no power greater than Yahweh; if the reader would just read the next verse Ex. 3:15, they would find that the Father says, His Name is Yahweh (kjv LORD) "Forever" (Ex. 3:15, Psalms 135:15, Isa. 63:16).

Yahweh wants us to pronounce His Name in: calling on His Name, living by His Name, worshiping His Name, reverencing His Name, trusting and believing in His Name, using authority in His Name, blessing in His Name, saving in His Name, don't take His Name in vain, don't blaspheme His Name, don't profane His Name, etc.. "But at no time did he tell us, not to call or use His Name, His Name not a title." Here are some scriptures that proves Yahweh wants us to use His Name. (Genesis.4:26, 12:8, 13:4, 16:13, 26:25, Exodus 3:15, 5:23, 9:16, 15:3, 20:7, 33:19, *34:5-6, Leviticus 18:21, 19:12, 20:3, 21:6, 22:2,32, 24:11-16, Numbers 6:27, Deuteronomy 5:11, 6:13, 10:8,20, 14:22, 18:5,7, 18:19-22, 28:10,58, 32:3, Psalms 5:11, 7:17, 8:1,9, 9:2,10, 18:49, 20:5,7, 22:22, 23:3, 25:11, 29:2, 31:3, 33:21, 34:3, 44:5,8,20, 45:17, 48:10, 52:9, 54:1,6, 63:4, 66:2,4, 69:29,36, 72:19, 74:7,10,18 21, 75:1, 76:1, 79:6,9, 80:18, 83:16,18, 86:9,11-12, 89:24, 91:14, 92:1, 96:2,8, 97:12, 99:3, 100:4, 102:21, 103:1, 105:1-12, 106:8,47, 111:9, 113:3, 115:1, 116:4,17, 118:10-12,26, 119:55,132, 124:8, 129:8, 135:1,3,13, 138:2, 139:20, 142:7, 143:11, 145:1-2,21, 148:5,13, 149:3, Proverbs 18:10, 30:*4,9, Isaiah 4:1, 12:4, 18:7, 25:1, 26:13, 29:23, 41:25, 42:8, 43:7, 47:4, 48:1-12, 50:10,51:15, 52:5-6, 56:6, 59:19, 63:12,14,16,19, 64:2,7, 65:1, Jeremiah 3:17, 10:6,16,25, 11:21, 12:16, 14:7,9,14-15,21, 15:16, 16:21, *23:25,27, 25:29, 26:9, 29:21,23, 32:18,34, 33:2, 34:15,16,). There is not enough space here, to give all the scriptures that proves we are to use Yahweh's Name, but we pray we have given you enough to make one thirst for more. There are 66 times that Yahweh is abbreviated in the word. Here are a few examples: (Psalms 68:4, Isaiah 12:2, 26:4, 38:11, nkjv.). There is over 7,000 times Yahweh (LORD,GOD, nkjv) is mentioned in the word, these are a few examples: (Genesis 4:26, Exodus 3:15, Leviticus 19:30, Numbers 15:41, Deuteronomy 5:32, Joshua 5:3, Matthew 21:9, 22:37,44, 23:39, 27:10, Mark 1:3, 11:9, 12:11,29). There are many, many more scriptures, "search your word!" Reference books: The Interpreters DICTIONARY of the BIBLE (ALL 4 Books A-D,E-J,K-Q,R-Z, New Unger's Bible Dictionary, Strong's Concordance of the Bible, Websters Dictionary).

We have given proof through scriptures and other materials that the Father's Name is Yahweh. We stress here, that there are many more scriptures, and materials to prove this truth. We urge everyone to search this out themselves! The devil has deceived many by replacing Yahweh's Name, in the scriptures with the titles lord and god, but the devil can't take away Yahweh's Name, he can only deceive! Yahweh is bringing His people into the truth. In reading the nkjv with LORD and GOD replacing Yahweh's Name in the word, over 7,000 times, look how many times satan has deceived the whole world ( Rev. 12:9) in not calling on Yahweh's Name.

Through the proof that has been given, we pray that one can now see that the Father's Name is Yahweh; and in seeing this, one will ask oneself, does jesus have the Father's Name. Yahweh's Word tells us that our Saviour, the Son of Yahweh will come to save His people from sin (Matt. 1:21). The Name Yahshua means "Yah-Saves" (Interpreter's Dictionary of the Bible), just as Yahweh is a Hebrew Name, His Son our Saviour, came bearing a Hebrew Name, that means salvation. Now this name jesus, is not Hebrew, but latin and greek, which does not mean saviour. The greek word for saviour is soter and the latin word for saviour is salvare, which no part of these greek-latin words soter or salvare are found in jesus. This name jesus is equivalent to the greek word iesous which stems from a greek god. We know that the letter ( j) has only been in the english alphabet a little over 500 years, so we know that our Saviour being a Hebrew, did not bear this name jesus, which comes from the greek word iesous, that does not mean salvation. Seeing these facts we know that the saviour name was not these two words (jesus,ieous). We know according to scriptures, our Saviour had to come with the authority of Yahweh, His Name would mean salvation, and Yahweh with us, which the name Yahshua does (Yah is the abbreviation of Yahweh that is in Yahshua, and shua carries the meaning of salvation). Also Yahweh sent His Malakim (angel nkjv) to tell Miriam (Mary) who was a Hebrew, that she would bear a son, and what to call His Name (Matt. 1:21). Yahshua is the sign that Yahweh is with us and will save His people, which is what IMMANUYAH (Immanuel nkjv) means (Matt. 1:23 kjv). Our Saviour said He comes in the Father's Name (John 5:43, Matt. 23:39, John 10:25 ). Yahweh's Word lets us know that Yahweh has given His Son our Saviour a Name above every Name, every tongue shall confess that Yahshua is our King (Phil. 2:9-11). There is no other name that mankind can be saved by, other than Yahshua (Acts 4:12, Acts 2:38); satan wants to keep the True Name of Yahshua hidden, because he knows that through Yahshua's name, which is the only Name Yahweh has given, that mankind can be saved, even the demons hear His Name and are afraid (Luke 8:27-28, Luke 10:17, Matt. 17:14-18, Mark 1:32-34). Here are a few scriptures letting one see the importance of Yahshua's name: ( Matt. 1:21,23,25, 7:22, 18:5,20, 21:9,42, 23:39, 24:5,9, Luke 19:38, John 1:12, 2:23, 3:18, 10:25, 14:13-15, 16:26, 20:31, Acts 4:7-12,17-18,30, 5:40-41, 8:16, 9:14-16, 21,27,28, 10:43,48, Romans 1:5-6, 1 Cor. 1:10, Eph. 1:20-21, Phil. 2:9-10, 2 Timothy 2:19, James 5:14, 1 John 2:12, 5:13, 3 John 1:7, Rev. 2:3, 14:1). Reference Books: Interpreter's Dictionary of the Bible, any Greek Dictionary, Strong's Concordance just to name a few.

We have proven that the Saviour's name can only be Yahshua. The Name that most of the world is calling our Savoiur today, which is jesus, is not the Son's Name; jesus does not have the Father's Name in it, Yahshua's Name which means "Yah-Saves" tells what Yahweh will do through Yahshua, which is to save the world from their sins, through Yahshua's blood (for more about the blood of Yahshua click on "Why Yahshua had to come"). When Yahshua said in the scriptures He comes in His Father's Name Yah, it means He comes in the authority of Yahweh, "literally" (in fact) bears His Father's Name. The original language of Yahweh's people is Hebrew and the Hebrew Name for our Saviour is Yahshua, but being translated from Hebrew to greek-latin to english we end up with what we have the world calling our Saviour today jesus, which stems from the greek- latin word iesous which is a greek god zeus. "But surely", not the Son of Yahweh our Saviour. Our Saviour the Son of Yahweh Name was, is, and will be Yahshua.

We know that this is a lot of information for one to digest, but we feel it is needed and well worth it "Your Soul is in Danger of the Lake of Fire". The devil has for centuries, hidden the sacred Name of the Father Yahweh and His Son Yahshua. The devil can only deceive or hinder, he can neither stop nor take away the plan of Yahweh ( Luke 8:17). The Word of Yahweh was given to men of old, inspired by Yahweh (2 Timothy 3:16), but evil men has in translation and deception, taken from and added to the Word of Yahweh (Deu. 4:2, 12:32, Proverbs 30:6, Rev. 22:19). Yahweh has a time for all things (Ecc. 3:1,17, 8:6); this is the time for Yahweh's people to come into the truth. We pray you will no longer address our Saviour by this false name jesus, but will call Him by His "True" Name Yahshua, that the Father gave Him from the beginning, which is the only Name that the world can be saved from their sins.

We pray, our voice has been a aid to make one thirst for more, you will be surprised of how much information is out there, to prove these truths "Search it Out for Yourself"!

Yahweh's House Of Prayer does not use the words (title) lord, god, elohim, adonai, when addressing our Father Yahweh, we do use Ruler, Master, Almighty. One might say it means the same or what difference does it make, but these words lord, god, elohim, has been a deceptive tool of the devil for centuries to hide the True Name of Yahweh and Yahshua, there is Power in the tongue (Matt. 12:36-37, 15:11,18, John 3:16, James 3:5-6, Psalms 140:3). We don't call the Father or the Son by no false names as jesus, adonai, jehovah, we use the sacred Name given by the Father to Himself and to His Son, Yahweh and Yahshua.

"We Pray Yahweh Open Up Your Understanding Through The Holy Spirit"!

--------------------

Keeper
Advanced Member
Member # 7675

I have two questions becausehelives.

1. You use the word Yahshua often. Can you tell me more about it? I have looked up all the names for God and found Yahweh but not Yahshua.

2. Why hasn't Eden called you down on your use of the word Yahshua when you should, according to him, use Lord, or LORD, etc instead. Do you feel that it degrades your Christianity to use the improper word this way?

If you feel that I am discrediting this board with irresponsible translations would you please tell me?

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 15 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you want a list of right and wrong.... the only list I know is the 10 commandment and the two commands that Yahshua said sum up all the Law and the Prophets.... love the Lord thy God with all your heart, mind, body and soul and to love they neighbor as yourself.....

Eden all that matters is the condition of your heart...

the heart that is right with Yahweh, is quick to repent of any wrong action what ever it maybe when revealed by the Holy Spirit....

if the Law is not written on your heart and you do not have the ability to obey the Law you need to get saved.... it is that simple!

like Yahshua told Nicodemus .... you must be Born Again!

and the Lamb of Yahweh made it possible!

--------------------

Eden
unregistered

hello, oneinchrist, you wrote
quote:
Hi Eden,
In a true conversion, we all have access to the Holy Spirit through faith in Jesus.

And I suppose that a "true conversion" means "someone who has now believed that Jesus was not a regular human and that Jesus died in his place on the cross", is THAT a "true conversion" to you? IMO, anyone who believes those 2 things automatically receives access again to the Holy Spirit.

oneinchrist, you then continued
quote:
I think that the potential for falling away comes in if we knowingly ignore scriptural/Holy Spirit warnings and keep ignoring them.
Well yes, reading the Word of God is good soap for our regeneration and for nurturing our faith in God and in who Jesus was and in what Jesus did for us.

So we need to read the Word of God regularly, but I think we also start to fall away if we continue to only listen to our own soul life (ideas) still, if we continue to go to ungodly movies and read ungodly books, garbabe in, garbage out.

So you wrote
quote:
I think that the potential for falling away comes in if we knowingly ignore scriptural/Holy Spirit warnings and keep ignoring them.
We also need to actively "trust that the Holy Spirit is guiding our steps" because God SAID the Holy Spirit would.

And secondly we need to read the Word of God so that we can compare the "voice of God" in the Word of God with the "voice of God" in the Holy Spirit in us.

And oneinchrist, you further said:
quote:
By the way, if anyone tells you that the scriptures do not contain any warnings that we need to be concerned about--------DONT BELIEVE THEM!
No one has ever told me that, but thanks for the warning that someone may say someday that there are no warnings in the Bible. LOL

You continued
quote:
Read for yourself and you will see. The warnings are for our protection and because of Jesus' desire to keep us in fellowship with the Father.
Of course. We need to nurture our faith that our God is real and get to know our God through His Word and through the counsel of Jesus Who speaks to us from heaven by way of the Holy Spirit.

"Let him who has an ear, hear what the Spirit says to the churches".

love, Eden

oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneinchrist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Eden,
In a true conversion, we all have access to the Holy Spirit through faith in Jesus. I think that the potential for falling away comes in if we knowingly ignore scriptural/Holy Spirit warnings and keep ignoring them. By the way, if anyone tells you that the scriptures do not contain any warnings that we need to be concerned about--------DONT BELIEVE THEM! Read for yourself and you will see. The warnings are for our protection and because of Jesus' desire to keep us in fellowship with the Father.

With love in Christ, Daniel

Posts: 1389 | From: Wind Lake, WI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

becauseHElives wrote
quote:
I am legalistic to most because I don't except "Once Saved Always Saved" ....
I currently also don't believe in "Once Saved Always Saved", but I'm not being accused of being "legalistic". You continued
quote:
I am legalistic to most because I will not except Grace as a license to sin.....
I also don't think that full grace is a license to sin, but no one is calling me "legalistic". And lastly, you said:
quote:
I am legalistic to most because I teach salvation is not instant but progressive (salvation begins with the planting of the seed of the Gospel and ends when man puts off mortality and puts on immortality....... endure till the end the same shall be saved!
I also partially believe that what we believe "at our death" determines whether we still believe in Jesus, or not. Except that, if that is true, how then can the Christian have access to the Holy Spirit DURING his life? But, in any case, that also does not make one "legalistic".

There is something about the way you present your material that has made me, and others, feel like "you have already achieved all these things yourself" and that "all others better watch out and hurry up to achieve them before it is too late and they lose their salvation", kind of writing.

And then when I ask you to give some examples of your current daily life which shows that you have achieved more than the rest of us, and then you state something vague, like "in one word: surrender", which is easy to say, but how does that "surrender" manifest in your daily life? What's different that others presumably don't have?

Because whatever is truly spiritual would have to have a PRACTICAL application in your daily life. What ARE you doing that is so "surrendered", other than you "saying that", becauseHELives?

thanks, Eden

Eden
unregistered

yahsway wrote
quote:
No believer in Yeshua is "about the same as they were before they were saved" as you state.
Really? Then who ARE all those Christian people who are "about the same as they were before they were saved"?

love, Eden

yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eden, Christians are to be born-again people. There would be a definate change in the life of the believer. He would Not be or act the same as he/she was before. There is a Change in their life.

No believer in Yeshua is "about the same as they were before they were saved" as you state.

They become a NEW creature in Christ. Old things in their lives pass away.

1Peter 4

Therefore, since Christ suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves also with the same mind, for he(you/me) who has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin,

that we no longer should live the rest of our time in the flesh for the lusts of men, but for the will of God.

For we have spent enough of our Past lifetime in doing the will of the Gentiles(pagans) when we walked in lewdness, lusts, drunkenness, revelris, drinking parties and abominable idolatries.

In regard to these, they (the lost) think it strange that you do not run with them in the same flood of dissipation, speaking Evil of you(or calling you Legalistic).

If a believers life is as the optometrist says "about the same" then i would suggest to you there has been no change. For no one is truly the same after being born-again.

What should one be doing you ask?

1John 2:6

He who abides in Him, Yeshua, ought himself also walk just as He walked.

Obedience to the commandments of God tests one's Knowledge of Him. Genuine love for God(see v5 in 1John 2) and a True relationship with Him (v6) must be Evidenced by loyalty.

Once one is Truely His, they are never "the same" again.

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
dear becauseHElives, correct me if I'm wrong, but is it fair to say that at times some members on this bbs have said to you that you are being "legalistic"?

If your answer to my question is "yes", why do you think that is?

dear Eden, yes many think me legalistic....but I know I am not!

I think because I point out inconsistencies in how people want to live verses what scriptures plainly teach to the contrary.

I am legalistic to most because I don't except "Once Saved Always Saved" ....

I am legalistic to most because I will not except Grace as a license to sin.....

I am legalistic to most because I teach salvation is not instant but progressive (salvation begins with the planting of the seed of the Gospel and ends when man puts off mortality and puts on immortality.......endure till the end the same shall be saved!

--------------------

Eden
unregistered

nice try, yahsway, but if that were the case, then why has the word "legalistic" mostly only been directed at becauseHElives on this bbs?

If what YOU propose were true, then that meant that the rest of us apparently is NOT as saintly since it is not being said to the OTHER members of this bbs that they "seem legalistic".

If what you say were true, I would have said a long time ago that YOU are "legalistic", yahsway, but you are not.

Just because "we are saved by grace", does not mean that we now can go ahead and "sin more than ever since it is all covered anyway". No.

Not even the Christians who mostly still live the same worldly life that they lived BEFORE they became Christians, even THEY are NOT ACTING WORSE now that they are saved.

At most, they are, as the optometrist says, "about the same" as they were BEFORE they were saved.

So I may ask becauseHElives and you, regarding the Christians who are still "about the same", WHAT EXACTLY should they be doing instead that they are not doing now?

Pray more?
Read the Bible more?
Give their tithes?
Help preach the kingdom of God?

What is it exactly that "a GOOD Christian" SHOULD be doing in your well-spring opinion?

thanks, Eden

yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, there is no such word as "legalistic" in our scriptures.

But if one looks up the synonyms for that word, you will find they are in our scriptures.

Legalism relates to principles of right and wrong behavior.

The synonyms for Legalism are these:

virtuous, moral, honorable, chaste, pure, ethical, just, decent, honest, and righteous.

So the question arises. Is being categorized as legalistic an insult or a compliment?

The synonyms for the word legalism are mentioned over 500 times in the scriptures.

Many who use the term "legalistic" as an attempt to discredit those who want to follow Gods instructions, label them as being self-righteous.

But we know that there are none righteous no not one.

We must be born-again.

But wait, should we continue in sin that Grace may abound? How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer in it?

Read 1 John 3:4-10

Legalism is defined by dictionaries as "strict, literal adherence to a particular code of religion or morality"

So, the next time someone says that you, a believer in Christ Yeshua, keeping Gods commandments, are being legalistic, i think that the best response would be to simply say,

THANK YOU! Why?

Because they are calling you a Saint!

"Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that Keep the Commandments of God, AND the faith of Yeshua." Rev 14:12

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi, becauseHElives, you wrote
quote:
Eden I am not perfect but I desire to be perfect as my Father in Heaven is perfect.
dear becauseHElives, correct me if I'm wrong, but is it fair to say that at times some members on this bbs have said to you that you are being "legalistic"?

If your answer to my question is "yes", why do you think that is?

I think you could help your cause and the cause of Yahweh if you would add more often that "you yourself are still having trouble with sin and are working to be more perfect yourself".

I think that too often you in particular tend to write as if "you have already accomplished all the things that you ask the other Christians to accomplish, as in 'look at me! I did it, you can do it too!', and if you add in your writings that "you yourself are also still working toward these Christian goals", you would not get such flak about being "legalistic", in my opinion.

So, to repeat what you wrote, becauseHElives
quote:
Eden I am not perfect but I desire to be perfect as my Father in Heaven is perfect.
Add that to your posts and we (I) won't think you're legalistic.

love, Eden of Chilmad who never made it to Eden because Eden was gone

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I eat His Flesh and Drink His Blood every day....to me this is the only way to maintain the eternal life I have been freely given....

every aspect of the life of the cross in the believers life is daily till the end of the race (endure to the end)

anything that does not get the right nutrient will die, this is called abiding in Christ.....outside of Christ i can do nothing, I am nothing.....I live ,I move, I have my being in Him.

How do we feed on Jesus?the Word and the Spirit

to me the written word (the scriptures) is Yahshua's flesh, to feed on: by reading, studying and meditating upon....

but the flesh has no life in it without the blood....The Holy Spirit is the life of the flesh of the written word, the scriptures

And Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst. (John 6:35)

We feed on Jesus by coming to Him and believing in Him. Coming to Him means having a heart that is drawn toward Jesus.

We are to seek God with all of our heart, mind, and strength.

We receive from God by faith. Those who believe in Him receive Jesus blood and all its benefits.

At the cross is where Jesus body became our bread and His blood became our drink.

There we will find nourishment, strength, and satisfaction.

Jesus taught His disciples to remember His sacrifice for them. And He took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, "This is My body which is given for you; do this in remembrance of Me." Likewise He also took the cup after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood, which is shed for you. (Luke 22:19-20)

We are to partake of communion to remember His broken body and the blood that Jesus shed for us.

By remembering the cross we come to Him and by faith we receive Him. Now that we are partakers of the blood of Jesus we now have the same Holy Spirit empowering us to give our lives to God and serve Him in the Spirit of Holiness.

When we remember the cross of Christ and receive His broken body and blood, we partake of the power of God.

For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. (1 Cor 1:18)

We are being saved continually from things that attack us physically, mentally, and spiritually.

Things that threaten to distract us from serving our God in holiness.

Where do we find relief, protection, and more power?

The answer is at the cross.

You must accept that the price that Jesus paid was more than enough to cover all the evil of your sins. You must accept that you are made righteous by what Jesus did for you, (Rom 5:19). Then you have a new conscience and have been made clean with the blood of Jesus. At the cross is where we enter into the Holy of Holies.

Therefore, brethren, having boldness to enter the Holiest by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way which He consecrated for us, through the veil, that is, His flesh, and having a High Priest over the house of God, let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. (Heb 10:19-22)

--------------------

Eden
unregistered

Hi, becauseHElives, okay, I read your post right above mine, where you said the following:
quote:
... unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. ...(John 6:53-56).
quote:
"You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too; you cannot have a part in both the Lord's table and the table of demons (1 Cor 10:21).
And of course I get the impression that YOU have already ACCOMPLISHED eating the ENTIRE body of Christ and YOU have already accomplished eating the ENTIRE blood of Christ.

Fine. So please describe for me what your day is like: how is your day different, say from someone who presumably has only PARTIALLY eaten and drunk the body and blood of Jesus.

That is, in what way are YOU different now than those others whom you say are "still not doing the right thing"? Please explain.

Thanks, Eden

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

All the Passover lambs that proceeded Jesus Christ were to be completely eaten but the Old Covenant people were forbidden to drink the blood.

Yet, when God brought forth His Perfect Lamb into the world, the Lamb spoken of by Abraham on Mount Moriah, Calvary, (God will provide Himself a sacrifice, Gen 22:8 ), and introduced to Israel by John the Baptist as "the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world", the new Covenant people were not only to eat the whole Lamb but they were also to drink His blood. For as "Jesus said to them, I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him (John 6:53-56).

We are given a most wonderful explanation in Leviticus 17:11:"the life of the flesh is in the blood". God did not want His Covenant people to drink the blood (life) of the animal into them, but when His Son is the Lamb, we are to drink the whole Life of Christ which would conform and transform us to the image and likeness of God which was and is His Everlasting Covenant regarding man (Gen 1:26). Where there is no vision, the people perish (Proverbs 29:18).

The Apostle Paul had to warn the Church at Corinth "You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too; you cannot have a part in both the Lord's table and the table of demons (1 Cor 10:21). "Psalm 106:37 said of God's Covenant people that "They sacrificed their sons and their daughters to demons." Ezekiel describes these same child sacrifices as food, food for the demons to grow in order to become bigger demons "And you took your sons and daughters whom you bore to me and sacrificed them as food to the idols (Eze 16:20 see also 23:37)." Paul said "the sacrifices of pagans are offered to demons, not to God, and I do not want you to be participants with demons (1 Cor 10:20)."

Yet millions of confessing Christians are now behaving more like pagans as they ignore the plain facts regarding the abortifacient nature of all so-called birth control contraception and continue shedding innocent blood even though this was the very reason that Israel of old lost her land lease: "So I poured out my wrath on them because they had shed blood in the land (Eze 36:18)." When His pastors neglect to warn His flock the Lord roars out from Zion if only we have ears to hear: "El Nino -El Nino" El Nino -The Child , El Nino - the Red Tide, the red tide innocent blood of forty nine million surgically aborted babies here in the USA and hundreds of millions of chemically murdered sons and daughters of God through abortaficient contraception birth control.

Surely God's people need to heed such warnings. (2 Chron 7:14)

In Genesis 14:18 we read : "Then Melchizedek king of Salem brought out bread and wine. He was priest of God Most High", an so it is that our high priest Jesus in the order of Melchizedek "on the night he was betrayed, took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me. In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me (1 Corinthians 11:23-25)."

No one under the Old Covenant could lawfully bring a sacrifice to God that he himself did not own or lawfully purchase, and so which of us wretched paupers could say that we owned Jesus. No dear ones, this was God's own sacrifice, Grace upon Grace.

For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son "to bring all things in heaven and on earth together under one head, even Christ (Eph 1:10).

For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross (Colossians 1:19-20)."

--------------------

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

quote:
Originally posted by yahsway:
Yeshua is the Lord of all 7 Covenants, Amen!

1. The Edenic Covenant - The dispensation of innocence.

2. The Adamic Covenant - The dispensation of conscience.

3. The Noahic Covenant - The dispensation of human government.

4. The Abrahamic Covenant - The dispensation of promise.

5. The Mosaic Covenant - The dispensation of the Law.

6. The New Covenant - The dispensation of Grace.

7. The Everlasting Covenant - The dispensation of Divine Government or the dispensation of the Kingdom.

Amen! I am ready for The King of Kingdom to show up!

--------------------

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Who ended the first covenant?
by Lee Warren

The Apostle Paul explains that it was Jesus the Messiah who did away with the first covenant. “… Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law; Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first (COVENANT which stood ONLY in meats and drinks and divers washings and Carnal Ordinances), that he may establish the second (Heb. 8:13, 10: 8 – 9).” This means that everything He did can be explained on the basis of something under the Law and contained in the books of the Prophets.

When the Jews would ask Jesus, why do you do this or why do you do that, He answered them with this verse. “Search the Scriptures (the Law and the Prophets, which were written before He was born, not the Books of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John); for in them (the Scriptures) ye think ye have Eternal life and they are they that testify of me (John 5:39).” The first Covenant or Law stood ONLY in meats and drinks and divers washings and carnal ordinances, imposed on them (the Israelites) until the time of REFORMATION (Heb. 9:10).

Jesus came to fulfill these natural, carnal, physical ordinances and move them out of the way NAILING THEM TO HIS CROSS (Col. 2:14, also see Charts below). The True worshippers can now honor GOd in Spirit and in Truth (Jn. 4:24; Acts 17:24-25).

--------------------

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

I guess that is worthy of study isn't it since The new covenant is far better..

Jesus, the New Covenant High Priest is Better
Than Aaron, the Old Covenant High Priest
Hebrews 4:14 to 10:18, John Hepp, Jr.

Introduction: Advantages of having Jesus as The High Priest, 4:14-16:

• He has gone through the heavens to reach God’s very throne.
• He is a man (“Jesus”) who will inherit everything (“Son of God”).
• He can sympathize with us because He was tempted like us.
• He has made God’s throne our source of mercy and grace.
• He has given us constant access to that throne, even when in need.

I. Jesus is better than Aaron in His person, 5:1—7:28
A. Like Aaron, He has fulfilled the requirements for high priest, 5:1-10

1. A high priest must be selected by God from among men, 5:1-4

2. Messiah Jesus was selected (5-6) and perfected (7-10), 5:5-10

B. Like Melchizedek, He is a better high priest than Aaron, 7:1-28

1. Melchizedek was greater than Aaron, 7:1-10

a. Melchizedek’s (1) relation to Abraham and (2) perpetual priesthood, 7:1-3

b. Because he was superior to Abraham, Melchizedek was superior to the Levitical priesthood embodied in Abraham,7:4-10

2. Advantages of another priest like Melchizedek, 7:11-25

a. Changing the priesthood involves changing to a law that enables us to draw near to God, 7:11-19

b. God’s oath making Jesus priest guarantees that the new covenant is better than the old one, 7:20-22

c. An eternal priest can secure complete salvation, 7:23-25

3. Summary of this section (Jesus’ priestly person) and bridge to the next section (Jesus’ priestly work), 7:26-28. Our high priest

• is above the heavens [on God’s throne]
• has offered one sacrifice for sins
• is God’s Son, perfected forever

The Danger of Degeneration 5:11—6:20
The Hebrews are difficult to teach because they are sluggish, showing little progress in their knowledge of Messiah. If they return to the old covenant (ABC’s, milk, foundation), refusing
the light they have seen, they will lose all hope. Instead, they should press on to maturity, confident that God is being faithful to His oath to bless and mutiply Abraham. Jesus Our Better Priest, Hebrews 4:14—10:18 2

II. Jesus is better than Aaron in His work, 8:1—10:18

A. He ministers in a better place, 8:1-5
In heaven, the true sanctuary, of which Aaron’s earthly sanctuary was only a copy and shadow

B. He mediates a better covenant, 8:6-13
The new covenant, in which God writes His laws on hearts (not on stones) and achieves a permanent relationship because He forgives sins

C. He has offered a better sacrifice, 9:1—10:18

1. Old covenant sacrifices could not give access to God, 9:1-10

2. Messiah’s sacrifice is better, 9:11—10:18, because

a. It gives access to God, 9:11-14
It cleanses the conscience, not just the flesh.

b. It inaugurates the new covenant, 9:15-24
By cleansing persons guilty under the first covenant, it enables them to inherit the promises.
It even cleanses heavenly things (thus preparing them to take part in the eternal kingdom).

c. It is made only once, 9:25-28

d. By cleansing the conscience, it accomplishes God’s will,10:1-18

(1) Old covenant sacrifices could only remind of sins and
point forward to better sacrifices. If they had actually cleansed people, they would have ceased on their own (10:1-4).

(2) Messiah accepted a body not in order to perpetuate the making of sacrifices but to accomplish God’s will (10:5-10).

(3) By offering His body once for all, He made all of God’s chosen ones perfect (that is, acceptable, 10:11-14).

(4) This complete cleansing under the new covenant makes further sin offerings unnecessary (10:15-18).

By this point the book has proved that Jesus is better than the key persons under the old covenant: the angels, Moses, and Aaron. From here on, the book exhorts us to live with persevering faith (10:19—13:17) and concludes in a personal way (13:18-25).

--------------------

yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Yes, we live under All scripture, Old and New. And it was written by Hebraic men! And Yes, Yeshua is the Lord of all 7 Covenants, Amen!
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Yes Lion study please Eden? All scripture is inspirational and good. We live under a New Testament covenant now right? Jesus is The LORD of that covenant. He is The Lion. What kind??

--------------------

yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Eden has done his homework,a study on the different types of lambs used in Hebraic scripture.

He is calling our attention to the Hebraic mindset of the scriptures, which most of it was written in.

Ah yes, the Lion of the tribe of Judah! Now there is a study.

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

hehehe

--------------------

Keeper
Advanced Member
Member # 7675

I favor horses. What names are used for them?
Keeper
Advanced Member
Member # 7675

Of what value is it to us that you furnished all the names of four legged lambs ?
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Wow, That IS great Eden! Maybe you can do a study on The "Lion" now??

What kind of a LION is Jesus??

--------------------

yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Eden, great study on the word "lamb"!
Eden
unregistered

Comparing the Greek NT words for "lamb" to the Septuagint Greek OT words "lamb":

Genesis 22:8
And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb 7716 for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.

Greek Septuagint OT for Genesis 22:8:

"God will provide himself a sheep {Greek, teknon).

But we know that "teknon" was NOT IN the Greek NT underlying the KJV. So we have to keep looking.

Exodus 12:21
Then Moses called for all the elders of Israel, and said unto them, Draw out and take you a lamb 6629 according to your families, and kill the passover.

That word "lamb 6629" is the Greek word "probaton", so that is also not in the Greek NT underlying the KJV.

Exodus 29:39
The one lamb 3532 thou shalt offer in the morning; and the other lamb 3532 thou shalt offer at even.

Ah...now we're getting somewhere, this "lamb" is the Greek Septuagint word "amnos", the same as in the Greek NT gospels and epistles, and the same as in "Behold the lamb {Greek, amnos} of God".

And what was the Hebrew word for lamb 3532 amnos?

lamb 3532 kebes, from an unused root meaning to dominate; a ram (just old enough to **** ):--lamb, sheep.

So Jesus was at least a "kebes". Only in Revelation is Jesus called an "arnion" and not an "amnos".

love, Eden

Eden
unregistered

And here is a fifth OT lamb:

1 Samuel 7:9 And Samuel 8050 took 3947 a 259 sucking 2461 lamb 2924, and offered 5927 [it for] a burnt offering 5930 wholly 3632 unto the LORD 3068: and Samuel 8050 cried 2199 unto the LORD 3068 for Israel 3478; and the LORD 3068 heard 6030 him.

lamb 2924 taleh, by variation for 2922; a lamb:--lamb.

The "taleh" lamb appears INFREQUENTLY in the OT; the most frequent lamb is the "3532 lamb kebes".

And that is the extent of the Hebrew OT words translated "lamb" in the English KJV OT.

As for the Greek News Testament, this is the Greek word used for "lamb" in the NT:

John 1:36 And 2532 looking upon 1689 Jesus 2424 as he walked 4043 , he said 3004 , Behold 2396 the Lamb 286 of God 2316!

lamb 286, amnos. apparently a primary word; a lamb:--lamb.

And here is a second Greek NT word translated "lamb" in the KJV NT:

Revelation 5:8 And 2532 when 3753 he had taken 2983 the book 975, the four 5064 beasts 2226 and 2532 four 5064 [and] twenty 1501 elders 4245 fell down 4098 before 1799 the Lamb 721, having 2192 every one of them 1538 harps 2788, and 2532 golden 5552 vials 5357 full 1073 of odours 2368, which 3739 are 1526 the prayers 4335 of saints 40.

Lamb 721, arnion, diminutive from 704; a lambkin:--lamb.

Those are the only 2 Greek words translated "lamb" in the KJV NT.

ALL the occurrences of "lamb" in Revelation is "721 arnion lamb", while all the occurrences

And all the other occurrences of "lamb" in the gospels and epistles in the KJV NT are all "286 amnos lamb", as in "Behold the lamb 286 amnos of God".

Okay, only one thing remains to be done, which is to look at the Septuagint Greek OT and see which one of the Hebrew OT words was translated "amnos" by the Alexandrian Jewish scholars around 250 B.C.

Be blessed in Jesus,
Eden

Eden
unregistered

lamb in the KJV OT:

Genesis 22:8 (King James Version)
And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.

Strong's Concordance

Genesis 22:8 And Abraham 85 said 559 , My son 1121, God 430 will provide 7200 himself a lamb 7716 for a burnt offering 5930: so they went 3212 both of them 8147 together 3162.

7716 seh seh; probably from 7582 through the idea of pushing out to graze; a member of a flock, i.e. a sheep or goat:--(lesser, small) cattle, ewe, goat, lamb, sheep. Compare 2089.

And here is another kind of lamb; this one was for the passover:

Exodus 12:21 Then Moses 4872 called 7121 for all the elders 2205 of Israel 3478, and said 559 unto them, Draw out 4900 and take 3947 you a lamb 6629 according to your families 4940, and kill 7819 the passover 6453.

lamb 6629 tso'n (Psalm 144:13) {tseh-one'}; from an unused root meaning to migrate; a collective name for a flock (of sheep or goats); also figuratively (of men):--(small) cattle, flock (+ -s), lamb (+ -s), sheep((-cote, -fold, -shearer, -herds)).

And here is another kind of lamb:

Exodus 29:39 The one 259 lamb 3532 thou shalt offer 6213 in the morning 1242; and the other 8145 lamb 3532 thou shalt offer 6213 at even 6153.

lamb 3532 kebes, from an unused root meaning to dominate; a ram (just old enough to **** ):--lamb, sheep.

And here is a fourth kind of lamb:

Leviticus 3:7 If he offer 7126 a lamb 3775 for his offering 7133, then shall he offer 7126 it before 6440 the LORD 3068.

lamb 3775 keseb, apparently by transposition for 3532; a young sheep:--lamb.

(cont'd in next post)
Eden

Eden
unregistered

kebes taleh, then.

love, Eden

Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

What kind of lamb?

The Only Holy, Worthy Lamb of God. The Lamb that suffered once for all...

Rev 5:12 ~ In a loud voice they sang: "Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise!"

Rev 5:13 Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, singing: "To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be praise and honor and glory and power, for ever and ever!"

The sacrificed lambs were only a foreshadow of The Precious Lamb of God.. Jesus Christ~The Lamb that takes sin away~

--------------------

Eden
unregistered

One way to find out whether Jesus was a "kebes" or a "taleh" is to look the words up in Hebrew OT and then look the same word up in the Greek Septuagint OT, and see which Greek word was used to replace the Hebrew word "kebes" or "taleh" and then look at the Greek New Testament and see if the Greek word used there for "lamb" is the same as the Greek word in the Greek Septuagint. Maybe I'll try to do that later.

love, Eden of Chilmad

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Jesus was the ultimate Lamb. The only Lamb capable of taking away the sins of the lost.
betty

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement