Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Love for Truth and Righteousness

Author Topic: Love for Truth and Righteousness
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen Betty.

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 14 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well said.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But FoundInHim, don't you know God has changed His mind about what is evil and what is not evil? Sadly there are preachers today that not only believe that but are teaching that. Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. He has not changed His mind about sin.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Found in Him
Advanced Member
Member # 7596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Found in Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love for Truth and Righteousness

Psalms 119:104 - Through Your precepts I get understanding; Therefore I hate every false way.

Psalms 119:127,128 - Therefore I love Your commandments more than gold, yes, than fine gold! Therefore all Your precepts concerning all things I consider to be right; I hate every false way.

Psalms 119:163 - I hate and abhor lying, but I love Your law.

Romans 12:9 - Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good. Note that proper love requires us to abhor evil. [Amos 5:15]

Psalm 36:1-4 - One of the characteristics for which God rebukes wicked people is that they fail to abhor evil. Instead, they devise evil and think their evil will not be discovered and hated. It is not wrong for us to hate evil. The people who are wrong are the ones who do not hate evil and who criticize us because we do hate it!

When people don't want God and His people to oppose evil, often it is because those people themselves are practicing evil. They cannot prove by Scripture that it is wrong to speak out against evil; instead, the real problem is that they themselves practice evil and they don't want their evil to be rebuked. They want to be free to continue to practice it! (See John 3:19-21.)

People, who understand God's will, do not object to sin being hated. Sometimes people object because they simply do not understand God's will. Other times people object because they themselves are practicing evil. But people who know God's will and who love righteousness, will hate sin and evil.

Again, a Christian is not supposed to love everything. It is a question of what you love and what you hate. It is impossible to love two things that are complete opposites. The more you love truth and righteousness, the more you hate falsehood and evil.

[Heb. 1:9;I Pet. 2:21; Matt 10:34; Job 42:6; Psa. 26:5; 101:3; 119:113; Prov. 13:5; 8:7; 29:27; Mic. 3:2]

--------------------
~To Him That is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy...to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.~ Jude 24

Posts: 1503 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement