Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Is Jesus IN me or is Jesus in heaven?

Author Topic: Is Jesus IN me or is Jesus in heaven?
Keeper
Advanced Member
Member # 7675

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keeper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Spirit acts as a person rather than an impersonal force.

He Creates: Gen 1:2, Ps 33:6
Gives Life: Ps 104:29-30
Understands and Communicates: 1 Cor 2:9-12
Men can rebel against or grieve the Spirit: Isa 63:10-14, Acts 5:3-9
Man can resist Him: Mt 12:31-32, Acts 7:51
He has a distinct personality: Mt 3:16-17, John 14:16-17 and 15:26
Both testaments call the Spirit God: Isa 6:9, Acts 5:3-4
Ranks with the Father and Son: Mt 28:19

All three of the trinity are each equally God.
Each have a distinct roll in God's plan.

The Spirit is sent to perform His role by Father and Son. The Spirit is committed in exaulting Christ rather than Himself.

The Spirit enables us to live a holy life. The Spirit also gives each believer spiritual gifts.

While the focus of Christian faith is Christ, the Spirit is God's active agent in our lives today.

Posts: 481 | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keeper
Advanced Member
Member # 7675

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keeper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John 14:15 If ye love Me, keep My commandments,
(16) And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with you for ever;
(17) Even the Spirit of truth; Whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth Him not, neither knoweth Him; but ye know Him; for He dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

John 14:26 But the Comforter, Which is the Holy Ghost, Whom the Father will send in My name, He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Posts: 481 | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneinchrist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Eden,
Yes, I agree in the sense that I believe that Jesus authorizes all activity of the Holy Spirit. What I still do wonder about though is whether or not the Holy Spirit is granted His own(creative) freedom of will to "work" within the confines of Gods plan and purpose.

With love in Christ, Daniel

Posts: 1389 | From: Wind Lake, WI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I agree with your post, oneinchrist. I think the "physical Jesus" is seated in heaven at the right hand of the Father, but since the Holy Spirit HEARS EVERYTHING FIRST from Jesus, then what the Holy Spirit IS and SAYS and PROPOSES, is all "pure Jesus" so to speak, and in that sense one could say that "Jesus is in us also", howbeit only in the sense that the Holy Spirit "acts just like Jesus":

John 16:13
Howbeit when He, the Spirit of truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth: for He shall not speak of Himself, but whatsoever He shall hear, that shall He speak; and He will shew you things to come.

John 15:26
But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send to you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth which proceeds from the Father, He shall testify of Me.

So in that sense, ALL the counsel of the Holy Spirit will LOOK JUST AS IF JESUS HIMSELF were present in us, would it not?

love, Eden of Chilmad who was never in Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneinchrist
Advanced Member
Member # 6532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneinchrist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Eden,
I believe that Jesus is "in us" in one sense but not in another. I believe that He is in us in the sense that it is "His spirit" that is in us........but I do not believe that He is in us in the sense that He is brought down from His exalted position in heaven.

In fact, the truth is that the presence of His spirit in us is the proof/evidence that Jesus is indeed exalted to God the Fathers right hand.

With love in Christ, Daniel

Posts: 1389 | From: Wind Lake, WI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jesus is God.

Col 2:9 For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily;

Yes, the Holy Spirit is in us and Jesus is in Heaven but the Holy Spirit is God so if one says "Jesus is my heart" it is still the truth.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is Jesus IN me or is Jesus in heaven?

Mark 16:19
After the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, he was taken up into heaven and he sat at the right hand of God.

Acts 2:33
Exalted to the right hand of God, he has received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit and has poured out what you now see and hear.

So Jesus is in heaven, right, and the Holy Spirit is IN me, and Jesus guides my spirit by speaking from heaven to the Holy Spirit IN me?

And then the Holy Spirit IN me speaks to my spirit?

1 Corinthians 2:11
11 For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him? In the same way, no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.

Is that how any else here sees it?

love, Eden of Chilmad who was never in Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement